Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,089 members, 7,852,687 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:17 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4652) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4856734 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4649) (4650) (4651) (4652) (4653) (4654) (4655) ... (5717) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by providencia(m): 6:54am On Apr 29, 2022
Pearl1910:

But this completion rate is poor sha...very very poor. Less than 10%.
You sef put yourself in the shoes of all these people u keep accepting their trips when u know u aren't going to complete the trip.
Sometimes don't pick the order if u know u aren't going to fulfil the trip. Try and mix it up

That's what is obtainable since they chose to punish drivers for not accepting request..

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 7:08am On Apr 29, 2022
Pearl1910:

But this completion rate is poor sha...very very poor. Less than 10%.
You sef put yourself in the shoes of all these people u keep accepting their trips when u know u aren't going to complete the trip.
Sometimes don't pick the order if u know u aren't going to fulfil the trip. Try and mix it up
Of course I mix it up. What you have in that screenshot is a cumulative of Declined, Ignored and Cancelled trip.

I don tire, everyday Bolt keep coming up with different policy to take away driver freedom.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:16am On Apr 29, 2022
Impulse80:

Boss it doesn't work that way. Android phones measure data used by the smart phone independent of the Internet service provider. The OS even goes as far as showing you what apps consume the most data and offers you an option to regulate data.

Sometimes it seems like even if you download something of say 50mb, and check your data balance immediately you find that it's actually more than 50mb used.
This is because your phone is a smartphone. Your phone is always using data in the background even without your knowledge. The more apps on your phone, the more background data will be used.

Additionally, if you use social media apps like Facebook or Instagram your data depletion will be faster, because they usually preload pictures and videos before you enter the app for seamless engagement.

See my data usage for last month and this month.

So u too believe u used 30GB in one month.
U guys don't know what 30GB is o
Believe it or not, ur phone cannot independently calculate data usage, it displays what the Network provider informs it that has been used. So if MTN gives u 10GB and u download one movie, if that 10GB is exhausted then ur phone records 10GB as usage in whatever App or web u used in downloading that movie.
Now the real difference is what is the size off that movie on the originating platform Or what is the size of that file on your phone.

Agreed other things are running in the background while ur phone is idle but they are negligible compared to the difference in the size of a file and the data that is used to download it. Just try what I am saying and see for yourself. If u really want to know then freeze all those social media apps so u can have a fairly idle phone.

About 10years ago wen I was in paid employment, my department of about 20people all with laptops and unlimited access to d internet never consumed upto 100GB in a month. And people will still connect their phones to d wifi o.
Do office work, surf the internet, research, download files and documents, send mails, heavy mails, Skype, MS Access, Drivers, softwares etc
Then individuals personal doings included all social media, downloading of different movies...Suits, House of Cards, Game of thrones etc. Streaming online, and all manner of things u can do with internet with a Gen Y and Gen Z filled office.

Then Mainone came with fibre optics and made us understand how data is sold. So an Internet provider can give u 50GB and it will finish in 1week, it's all about the packages, the speed and their individual charges. The days of real data is gone. Nigeria is so messed up anything goes and the regulators are in bed with the operators. So forget that thing ur phone is displaying, it's still ur internet provider that is speaking based on the rate your data is charged.

Have u not asked yourself if the rate is fixed why say 1k 1GB but 2K 3GB then 3k 4.5GB??
Have u bought airtime and they say 1k credit will call 1,000minutes but 2k credit will call 3,000minutes?

You get something close to real data consumption when ur data plan finishes and u r using your credit directly to browse or supply data to your phone. Have u noticed how expensive it is to do that??

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 7:30am On Apr 29, 2022
marksburg:

But someone said es300 is abit fuel friendly. I thought it would be same with es350.

You go still see wetin you dey find

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 8:13am On Apr 29, 2022
donfortune48:

I never said I was watching movies.
You don't know what the videos I watch entails either .
True
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 8:35am On Apr 29, 2022
Pearl1910:

So u too believe u used 30GB in one month.
U guys don't know what 30GB is o
Believe it or not, ur phone cannot independently calculate data usage, it displays what the Network provider informs it that has been used. So if MTN gives u 10GB and u download one movie, if that 10GB is exhausted then ur phone records 10GB as usage in whatever App or web u used in downloading that movie.
Now the real difference is what is the size off that movie on the originating platform Or what is the size of that file on your phone.

Agreed other things are running in the background while ur phone is idle but they are negligible compared to the difference in the size of a file and the data that is used to download it. Just try what I am saying and see for yourself. If u really want to know then freeze all those social media apps so u can have a fairly idle phone.

About 10years ago wen I was in paid employment, my department of about 20people all with laptops and unlimited access to d internet never consumed upto 100GB in a month. And people will still connect their phones to d wifi o.
Do office work, surf the internet, research, download files and documents, send mails, heavy mails, Skype, MS Access, Drivers, softwares etc
Then individuals personal doings included all social media, downloading of different movies...Suits, House of Cards, Game of thrones etc. Streaming online, and all manner of things u can do with internet with a Gen Y and Gen Z filled office.

Then Mainone came with fibre optics and made us understand how data is sold. So an Internet provider can give u 50GB and it will finish in 1week, it's all about the packages, the speed and their individual charges. The days of real data is gone. Nigeria is so messed up anything goes and the regulators are in bed with the operators. So forget that thing ur phone is displaying, it's still ur internet provider that is speaking based on the rate your data is charged.

Have u not asked yourself if the rate is fixed why say 1k 1GB but 2K 3GB then 3k 4.5GB??
Have u bought airtime and they say 1k credit will call 1,000minutes but 2k credit will call 3,000minutes?

You get something close to real data consumption when ur data plan finishes and u r using your credit directly to browse or supply data to your phone. Have u noticed how expensive it is to do that??

Bro,
I don't know why someone will think he can finish 25GB in a month not to talk of 50GB.
No matter what u download u can't finish 50gb in a month, unless u are sharing data any how.
Now my data subscription that takes 1 month is now finishing every 2 days and somebody is saying I should check my phone reading.
When I haven't even changed my browsing pattern.
The Telcos have increased their data consumption rate and your phone can only read the data .
Pearl is right.
NCC is just a figure head office with no substance

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:22am On Apr 29, 2022
ReadaDream:
How we go take escape this sanction like this?

I got my first 3 days suspension last week.

Try Uber. Ever since the Bolt driver score ish started, I hv not been comfortable using them. Last week I tried Uber, this week, after 15 trips, you stay on 5% commission. In 2 days, you can get the 15 trips. No fear of not picking trips.
Easy work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 9:23am On Apr 29, 2022
northbird:

Try Uber. Ever since the Bolt driver score ish started, I hv not been comfortable using them. Last week I tried Uber, this week, after 15 trips, you stay on 5% commission. In 2 days, you can get the 15 trips. No fear of not picking trips.
Easy work.
I will take my car for inspection. I saw a post on Facebook yesterday that Uber will start displaying destination. It's already in testing phase.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:38am On Apr 29, 2022
Pearl1910 and lush.
I have I challenge.

Buy the mtn 24gb for 3.5k.
I'll give you a link to an 18gb file.
Download it with the data while blocking your background data usage for all other app on your phone.

if after downloading, your data balance is not up to at least 4gb after you finished downloading the file, then you win.

I stake 1m.

Name your stake.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:38am On Apr 29, 2022
donfortune48:
Pearl1910 and lush.
I have I challenge.

Download it with the data while blocking your background data usage for all other app on your phone.

if after downloading, your data balance is not up to at least 4gb after you finished downloading the file, then you win.

I stake 1m.

Name your stake.
I'm using the 18gb file cos that's what I've tried.

Sometime in February,
I needed to download a file on my Laptop. An 18gb file.
Bought mtn 3.5k for 24gb.

Downloaded the file and still updated my phone's OS which was about 3.5gb same day.

Though I didn't check my data balance after all these downloads. But I still had data that lasted me till the next day before I ran out of data.

Note: I didn't have an extra Data on my phone before I bought Data that morning.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 9:39am On Apr 29, 2022
northbird:

Easy work.

shocked shocked what did I just read from bolt ambassador?
My eyes must be paining me.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 9:39am On Apr 29, 2022
He noticed you re a novice. Online registration cna be done by you.

If you haven't paid, let me know and I put you through
marksburg:
Guys am particularly angry with the bot guy I met at their office yesterday. The guy was to do inspection on my car (1,200) Only for him to finish and when I was about paying him, he said everything would be 2500. When I enquire on how it's now higher, he claimed it's additional 1300 for the online registration he was doing. I just felt very angry coz I don't know how he wouldn't just send me the link for me to do the registration myself. Anyway sha, the registration is not complete yet coz he realised my papers were expired which I will have to renew today. Is that how they operate??

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:42am On Apr 29, 2022
73O9:

As earlier said, you sabi argument well well.

Are you also saying it's the mobile carrier that informed my phone about WiFi and hotspot usage

Check the image for hotspot usage.

You are still saying the same thing Oga. At the point u are connected to a hotspot ur phone is using the data/network of the source of the hotspot and charging at the same rate as the owner of the hotspot. Weather it is wifi or data plan or normal credit, ur phone will report what the Network says u have consumed. Simple as that. Ur phone cannot function Independently from a network source, if it could then it will be the best device to check with an independent network the amount of data consumed when u connect the phone to MTN or Glo or Spectranet. Just using that as an example. I hope u understand.
U can't audit a system successfully with the same system.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:25am On Apr 29, 2022
Kpengla:

The smartphone data-metre usually informs you that your network-carrier's accounting might be different from their own, as per data usage. If you paid enough attention instead of blind arguments you'd have noticed this.

Per your second point, usage doesn't reflect immediately. There is usually a time lapse before your consumption is reflected on the balance statement. Bottomline is that MTN, Airtel & co are fraudulent (typicallly Nigerian) in these things. The regulators are most likely being paid to look the other way. You can continue to argue tho since you enjoy that so much, apparently

In summary
The data usage displayed by the phone isn't reliable.
Data balance check isn't accurate. and
Value of data advertised by network providers can't be trusted or verified.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thoollz: 10:28am On Apr 29, 2022
ReadaDream:
I will take my car for inspection. I saw a post on Facebook yesterday that Uber will start displaying destination. It's already in testing phase.

If this is the case, Bolt go beg partners tire. Uber is about to take over.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thoollz: 10:31am On Apr 29, 2022
ReadaDream:
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Change4dbeta: 10:33am On Apr 29, 2022
Good morning my ogas in da aus. Pls is necessary to use nose mask during trips.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 10:35am On Apr 29, 2022
thoollz:

If this is the case, Bolt go beg partners tire. Uber is about to take over.
Sincerely...I just hope they don't backtrack on this. Bolt is becoming frustrating.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 10:36am On Apr 29, 2022
Change4dbeta:
Good morning my ogas in da aus. Pls is necessary to use nose mask during trips.
No.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:43am On Apr 29, 2022
Viking07:
There is a solution to this. But formats sabi cast for this thread. UCHE introduced that 50% completion rate after them cast the arrive and cancel system. lipsrsealed

This isnt going to be funny o. Bolt is biting more than they can chew.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:49am On Apr 29, 2022
Glithronix:

Like yesterday morning wey I spent like almost 2 hours at lekki, na only short-short trips I was getting. It was like they all planned it, all the trips (4) ended 1k each at the end. sad
Abeg na how person go want avoid these ones ? Order came in, you have to accept then go and pick the rider.
Na how person go take avoid this?
Much respect, boss.

It depends, some short trips are actually good.
Like this morning I did Morgan Estate to Zenith bank Ojodu, GT, ojodu to Aina, Road safety to River valley estate. All in less than 1hr, 3k.
If the pickup is close by and the trip is very short with free road. Or if the trip will put u in a better position, u can take it.
But if u will drive far to pickup a N600 trip or a short trip that will take u inside holdup or take u out of positioning then avoid those. Let it ring out or u pick and cancel

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:49am On Apr 29, 2022
Pearl1910:

This isnt going to be funny o. Bolt is biting more than they can chew.

Are you for real

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Change4dbeta: 10:51am On Apr 29, 2022
ReadaDream:
No.
Okay,Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:00am On Apr 29, 2022
donfortune48:
Pearl1910 and lush.
I have I challenge.

I stake 1m.

Name your stake.

If u have done this, show proof...no give me work abeg.
Meanwhile send d link
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 11:02am On Apr 29, 2022
donfortune48:
Pearl1910 and lush.
I have I challenge.

I stake 1m.

Name your stake.

Even if Man city is playing Norwich in the EPL,
I won't stake any money right now.
I have better things to do with my money.
Now that I know you have 1M, you wanna do giveaway grin angry grin ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Otunbalai(m): 11:03am On Apr 29, 2022
Good day guys ...

Please my Toyota Camry big daddy temperature has been going high this days. Have check everything related to coolant still same thing . I just go watch the radior and condenser yesterday, same thing. And no any water leakage so far . Mechanic said it might be the jasket that has gotten flat...please anybody with helpful advice . Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:10am On Apr 29, 2022
donfortune48:

I'm using the 18gb file cos that's what I've tried.

Sometime in February,
I needed to download a file on my Laptop. An 18gb file.
Bought mtn 3.5k for 24gb.

Downloaded the file and still updated my phone's OS which was about 3.5gb same day.

Though I didn't check my data balance after all these downloads. But I still had data that lasted me till the next day before I ran out of data.

Note: I didn't have an extra Data on my phone before I bought Data that morning.

Honestly, I can't bet in this buts it's unbelievable. Real 24GB for N3,500 is impossible, I will need to see it with my eyes before I believe.
I am sure u must have had bonus data that rolled over or something. Or u r under some special plan that reduces the cost of your data there must be a catch.
I still stand either that data is fake or u have a special plan

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 11:23am On Apr 29, 2022
Pearl1910:

Honestly, I can't bet in this buts it's unbelievable. Real 24GB for N3,500 is impossible, I will need to see it with my eyes before I believe.
I am sure u must have had bonus data that rolled over or something. Or u r under some special plan that reduces the cost of your data there must be a catch.
I still stand either that data is fake or u have a special plan
Okay.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by marksburg: 12:02pm On Apr 29, 2022
davit:
He noticed you re a novice. Online registration cna be done by you.

If you haven't paid, let me know and I put you through

I guess u mean "he assumed". Coz he should know majority of bolt guys are not pushovers. It's mostly for side huzle.

Ofcourse am yet to pay. I will return there later today for the inspection
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CarGuideNG: 12:03pm On Apr 29, 2022
Comprehensive VIN Checks & Reports

https://www.carguide.ng

+2347011116171 [Direct WhatsApp Chat Link In Signature]

Available 24 Hours
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 12:19pm On Apr 29, 2022
Otunbalai:
Good day guys ...

Please my Toyota Camry big daddy temperature has been going high this days. Have check everything related to coolant still same thing . I just go watch the radior and condenser yesterday, same thing. And no any water leakage so far . Mechanic said it might be the jasket that has gotten flat...please anybody with helpful advice . Thanks

I just came out of this temperature issue. The truth be told, car wash radiator washing na child's play, you really need to do the agbede style washing assuming what your car truly need is a thorough radiator wash.

Although my cars issue was a combination of different factors but I still feel the agbede's impact had a big role to play as I have noticed that my temp cluster just goes to about 3bars above cold and remains there provided I am in motion.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Otunbalai(m): 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2022
Crvrider:

I just came out of this temperature issue. The truth be told, car wash radiator washing na child's play, you really need to do the agbede style washing assuming what your car truly need is a thorough radiator wash.

Although my cars issue was a combination of different factors but I still feel the agbede's impact had a big role to play as I have noticed that my temp cluster just goes to about 3bars above cold and remains there provided I am in motion.

The radiotor is still new. I just bought it three month ago, but I have even wash it plus the condenser . Now, mechanic is telling me the gasket has gone flat that I need to change it, I just needed to be sure what actually is the problem

(1) (2) (3) ... (4649) (4650) (4651) (4652) (4653) (4654) (4655) ... (5717) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Pearl1910 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.