Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4758) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4744127 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4755) (4756) (4757) (4758) (4759) (4760) (4761) ... (5690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 11:29am On Jun 20, 2022
Got a 1.9surge trip yesterday from mile12 ,destination lekkki 2 ajay imo ì rush ho pu one mama and and 3 kids enter car, omo I start trip na so I see orchid road haaaaaa,mama no vex ino fit go, tho my mind was playing games because of the surge grin that trip go be like 9-10K grin with that kain rain wey fall on Saturday night, I no say dat road will be hell

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 11:37am On Jun 20, 2022
tobisunday:

Giving you the car
I'm closing in on a deal for Opel zafira so I will drop the accord for e hailing ... we've been chatting on WhatsApp

Oh OK

Let me hit you up
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 12:02pm On Jun 20, 2022
Felicity001:
Nice post by ghost1994 n donforuntes48

I have said it and will keep saying it, since Indriver came onboard Bolt and Uber became a shadow of themselves.

Indriver is not the kind of competition needed in Nigeria ehailing system.

Mind you comrades, b4 indriver started charging and Uber/Bolt has been having a stiff competition about their price increase... Shebi it was N10/min at some point and Uber was N11/min and N65/km while Uber was N67/km but now its about 70+/km or thereabouts.

Remember when fuel was increased we and one of jpworld 's last comment on this thread was that the partial increment by Uber/Bolt commensarate the increase of pump price from N145 to N165 or thereabouts... I wonder if that guy is still in business now self... I'd really like to know but that's by the way tho.

So indriver is the killer to ehailing business and if Bolt and Uber don't find a strategy to take this guys off I'm afraid the business will die in a matter of years to come, because drivers who are the frontiers are not making any profit anymore it's only a matter of time b4 many drivers start realising this.

How do you expect Bolt/Uber to increase price when another app is ready to take that same trip for far less? Take for instance I was at lekki gardens axis yesterday and I was just looking at prices on Indriver...

Sangotedo to far Int'L Airport, Ayobo, Alagbado where picked for 4, 5k the highest offer I saw was 5.5k and these offers didn't last 5secs and never came back again unlike b4 you'll see them come up againgrin if you don't getrit forget about itgrin

Bolt and Uber as well contributed to indriver gaining ground because how in heaven sake would you block a driver who has completed over 2000 trips in less than 8months and all they can say is cancellation and rating... That's nonsense!!!

This left a lot of drivers with no other choice than jump ship because they've to make ends meet and it tied them to what they call freedom, no completion rate, no cancellation rate, no acceptance rate, nothing.

Even bolanle like better thinggrin

What I think Uber/Bolt should start from to push indriver to the edge is for them to first change their policy of blocking drivers, then unblocked all drivers and give them a bumber bonus to come back onboard, then start introducing surge especially on Mondays, Fridays and week ends. Me I don't belong to the school of thought that it's absence of drivers that make up surge... These things can be manipulated.

Doing this will send a signal to indriver as well to increase their own price to stastoscope.

The most annoying one is the festive period, the other time I said out of about 9trips I completed in December period only 2 where surge and the surge was not even up to 1.9x but pearl1910 argued it's not possible. I just ignored...thank God he's a veteran in the job, can he compare his last December earnings to previous once? The margin will shock anyone.

Indriver is to blame not just the system because Uber/Bolt can't hike price just like that otherwise riders will dump their app and go to a cheaper one where they know even traffic won't change the price

LOL, Indriver na one mad app..i picked a rider from Convenant uni to agungi for 6k...I vex ehn but i no get choice because i waited for almost 2 hour to get a decent trip out of that sch...Even the lady still thinks it's too expensive...The only thing they offer is the freedom.Any rider that port to indriver is not coming back AGAIN to any other app. The only thing they complain about is the waiting time. Many riders complain to me that it takes too long before a driver accept their request, i usually just tell them its because of their shitty prices.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nifemi2020(m): 12:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
Good day to you all. I want to remind you that I still need a car for rental or hp. I stay around Shomolu-Bariga axis. God bless you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xynerise: 12:29pm On Jun 20, 2022
Tayoib:
Hello everyone, pls I need some advice from the ehailing community.

I recently decided to take on the repair and renovation of my late father's corolla e120 2003 (bank). It was left sitting for about 10 years after it had so gear issues.

I have done the following repairs already :

Replacing the shafts, ball joints and servicing all the wheel hubs.
New double cell radiator and fan.
Servicing the engine. (the engine is still in very good condition. Only about 117,000km).
Changed the gear oil.

I still have a few things to do... AC, repainting and car papers...

Pls I need advice on what to look out for before getting into the business. Thank you

Where is your location?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by morax101(m): 12:38pm On Jun 20, 2022
YeyeGbami:
Buy the dip don dey collect drip grin

My brother, the dip is still dipping. I am in severe pain like this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:41pm On Jun 20, 2022
northbird:

Pope.. Like for real.? 60k to n fro AbK. That's fantastic..… or are you just catching cruise grin

I know you won't believe, but I did it.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2022
morax101:

My brother, the dip is still dipping. I am in severe pain like this.

Just face front, we plenty for this table
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 12:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
tobisunday:
Good morning guys ...I was robbed on Saturday at gunpoint when coming back from my mother in law's birthday...it happened at abule ado before petrocam fuelling station...driver side glass was shattered and they collected my phone and my friend's phone.

Please u guys should drop ur contact

Sorry bro, what time did the incident happen?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
eyinola:
Got a 1mo surge trip yesterday from mile12 ,destination lekkki 2 ajay imo ì rush ho pu one mama and and 3 kids enter car, omo I start trip na so I see orchid road haaaaaa,mama no vex ino fit go, tho my mind was playing games because of the surge grin that trip go be like 9-10K grin with that kain rain wey fall on Saturday night, I no say dat road will be hell

Orchard Road! It used to be my road in those days, but the road craze ghan. I won't forget the day that road made me pay a rider instead of her paying me.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2022
Please any free station... update will receive a reward in returns. Thank you

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by morax101(m): 12:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
pope191:

Just face front, we plenty for this table

lol, make we table that matter
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:58pm On Jun 20, 2022
morax101:

lol, make we table that matter

I deh the table, but nah siddon look i deh

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GiggsTk(m): 1:00pm On Jun 20, 2022
donbrowser:

Nissan cars are poor at fuel consumption.

Thanks.

Is it really that terrible?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 1:04pm On Jun 20, 2022
tobisunday:

Giving you the car
I'm closing in on a deal for Opel zafira so I will drop the accord for e hailing ... we've been chatting on WhatsApp

Haaa, I thought he said he just bought a car he's using on ehailing from doing freelancing?
Abi na me no dey sabi read again?
You people will just be confusing somebody's confusion.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:06pm On Jun 20, 2022
pope191:

Days of bonus, I will just park there.

With their bad bad corner corner roads.

Best places to do short trips is within Ikeja, Lekki phase 1 and VI.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 1:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
Gentlelife50:

Haaa, I thought he said he just bought a car he's using on ehailing from doing freelancing?

Lol I guess he's mistaking me for someone else because we haven't chatted before but I'm still interested in managing the car like I said before.
I don't want to define what "managing" means here so it doesn't discourage him from giving out his precious car.

Clear?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 1:16pm On Jun 20, 2022
Gentlelife50:

My confusion pass your own.
I been wan call Felicity001 to help me read and interpret, but decided to dey my lane.

E no even deny the allegation, come even say "okay. I will call you now"

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 1:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
donfortune48:

My confusion pass your own.
I been wan call Felicity001 to help me read and interpret, but decided to dey my lane.

E no even deny the allegation, come even say "okay. I will call you now"

grin grin

Are you part of the Methuselahs?

You for just relax small na grin grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 1:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
donbrowser:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 1:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
This fuel scarcity came back with vengeance and traffic.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 1:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
YeyeGbami:

Violence dance

Na here I dey now grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lakoomoyi: 1:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
donbrowser:

grin grin

Alaye, just come out clean and accept you need a car for rental.

Could swear i saw a post about you asking for a rental car too, probably you modified post while you and feli were arguing.

Even till now you are still forming manager to manage car(s), Oga tell people your problem so they can help you. Manage koh, mismanage ni.

And enough of your politics posts too, we will head to politics section if that's what we wanna read or discuss.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:32pm On Jun 20, 2022
Pearl1910:

With their bad bad corner corner roads.

Best places to do short trips is within Ikeja, Lekki phase 1 and VI.

I don talk em say you be learner, but make I school you. Surulere and Yaba are both residential/commercial areas so with the ban on motor cyclist, e hailing became their easier mean of door to door transportation. V.I on the flip side have time and days for both short and long trips with 1001 drivers waiting for fastest finger. Lekki phase 1 can be off and on, doing 2km to get 1k, did you ever ask why most driver will leave phase 1 and drive towards Agungi and Chevron to source for trip? And mind surulere is divided into 4 parts, 2 parts have good road and the others are not so bad if you know what you are doing. I have a trick I use from surulere to Yaba and Yaba back to surulere, but you know learning comes with grade... next class we will treat that cheesy

It is really laugble when you say Ikeja is good for short trips, Ikeja of all places with 2001 drivers, you never hang for Allen or Mobolaji Bank Anthony way before about?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:33pm On Jun 20, 2022
lakoomoyi:

Could swear i saw a post about you asking for a rental car too, probably you modified post while you and feli were arguing.

Even till now you are still forming manager to manage car(s), Oga tell people your problem so they can help you. Manage koh, mismanage ni.

And enough of your politics posts too, we will head to politics section if that's what we wanna read or discuss.

I swear I saw the post, the thing is still confusing till today, but I no be comrade.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 1:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
lakoomoyi:

I didn't edit anything. I'm not claiming to be a rich man. I'm hustling like every other person here. If I sincerely need a car, I could have said it without being shy.
I told him I would manage the car and he should trust me. Telling him I have a trusted friend that needs a car for E-hailing could have been a red flag for someone that values his car so much and have already allayed his fears about giving it out.
That's what I've been hiding all along. I can't obviously give me friend my car to drive cos I'm hustling too but he has a pregnant wife and needs a car urgently. I only wanted to get the car for him. I'm sure tóbi would trust me more than someone he doesn't know.

And concerning politics. Any day I see someone come here to discuss it, I will quote all of you. Enough said.

Edit:
See attached and quoted

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 1:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
pope191:

Orchard Road! It used to be my road in those days, but the road craze ghan. I won't forget the day that road made me pay a rider instead of her paying me.
mad ooooo grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
donbrowser:

grin grin

You ehn!

Let it not be as if I'm antagonising you but I saw the posts about you looking for car!, likewise others on this thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tayoib: 2:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
I'm in Lagos
xynerise:

Where is your location?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
Donbrowser I can see your post got deleted while trying to mention me.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Donbrowser26(m): 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2022
73O9:
Donbrowser I can see your post got deleted while trying to mention me.

Yes I've been banned

(1) (2) (3) ... (4755) (4756) (4757) (4758) (4759) (4760) (4761) ... (5690) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Barbiturate(m), Cineinfo(m), Smfa123, pope191 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.