Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4913) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4748656 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4910) (4911) (4912) (4913) (4914) (4915) (4916) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:28am On Aug 18, 2022
tojahh:

But sir... You lost a bet to buttress the statement.

Just believe to each one "Their Own".

Anything anyone says works for them shouldn't be talked down without substantial proof.

Offcourse, I agree to each his own.
If someone says this is what works for him/her, then there is no need showing any proof. I respect people's choices and decisions.

If u really calm down and notice my comments, u will understand me better. If u say u prefer something I dare not say "why would u prefer that thing?"
But when u make a sweeping statement like A is better than B then I will demand proof if I think otherwise, or show proof if the contrary is d case.

Moreover, there is still a place for advise to people, which I suppose you can also give having been in the business for many years.
When u see someone making a mistake, u don't keep quiet and allow the person till he learns from experience, or continues to suffer lose. It is a noble duty to guide and give proper direction with respect, dignity and consideration to the individuals unique circumstances. This isn't just for ehailing but any other adventure in life.

Finally, I have said it a million times, the competition isn't to show which App is better.
How indeed can u show which app is better by going into a competition with someone else using a different App. When work ethics, pattern and location are all different.
U can only do that and say that for yourself using yourself as d constant/yardstick. Till Tunlapapa hanged boots, the man insisted Uber is better for him and u will not hear me argue otherwise cos it's his choice

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:54am On Aug 18, 2022
YeyeGbami:

Try to be open minded, and don’t let them get under your skin. Some riders immediately i call them to find out if they’re at the pick up, the manner in which they respond will determine if i’m gonna show up at all.

Some will be like “ oga get here fast am running late” that kain trip i might not go because am not james bond. [b]Some will yell at you because the previous drivers have canceled on them [/b]severally , i’ll just laugh and assure them am coming.

Some drivers want riders to greet them first, to me it doesn’t matter who does first. i’ve had riders who don’t even answer your greetings, wetin concern me. In my mind i’ll be like if dem born you well no pay my money.

Lastly, they are very nice and respectful riders that will take time to explain the best route to pick them up and even guide you to drop off. Speak nicely and give hooge tip.

The yell part is the one I used to cancel without thinking twice, but with time I understand one need to check the psycho effect they are going thro at the time of booking. Patient, understanding and tolerance are vital keys, not just in this hustle, but in our day to day living and the country we've found ourselves.

Got a ride to surulere on Monday 3200 after waiting for long. The lady was at Amuf in Grammar School, Ojodu. Coming from the other side of the road, I try to tell her to cross to the other side of the raod, so we can use the express, but she won't listen and her attitude was getting irritating. Deep within I tot of cancelling, but something tell me to be calm and observe. Got to her and realised she has loads. Felt she could have just say so, which is very understandable. Secondly, 3 mins into the ride, she burst into tears. Nah me start to they tell her sorry thinking she lost someone. Tots of asking her what happened flash thro my mind, but I remember our senior man wey collect slap and water grin I just pipe low. Got to know someone use hurtful words on her. The way I throway face... as big as you are.

My point... we should be a bit tolerant of these people. Sometimes they go about with baggage of frustration. Make we just try they manage the ones we fit manage. Wetin conductors they see for passenger eyes everyday no be here.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:56am On Aug 18, 2022
Barbiturate:

I really can't say; I work from 7:30/8am to 7pm and I make about 15k, sometimes 20, sometimes 23k or even 25k.
Like what pope said some days back:
"There's really no actual figure, it all depends on you, your car and what the day brings"!

There was even a day I made about 20k before 4pm. I was so happy, only for lastma to catch me that I passed a wrong place. They took me to their Sura office and collected the 20k. I had to just drive home to rest n nurse my pain......... sometimes it depends on what the day brings.

dis wan is painful bro. u did the right by going home to cool off. if i dey ur shoe & say make i continue work...omo i go surely transfer aggression to some innocent people.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 10:21am On Aug 18, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:

Best is never do anything that will make them come for you. Try as much as possible not to drop or pick up people by the side of the road. Obey traffic rules. One thing I always do in areas where I'm not familiar with is to always ensure there are two or more vehicles in front of me and I follow my map.

Peace!

Those 2 or more vehicles might be wrong and you'll follow. They might not be stopped, but they will stop you.
For example, going to lekki/ajah from 3rd MB, you'd pass through TBS bridge...down. There's usually 2 lanes coming down the bridge. Some people form another lane(3rd) at the left end of the bridge and enter the next correct lane in front. I didn't know it was an offence before, so I followed some cars and I was stopped by lastma.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 10:21am On Aug 18, 2022
Pearl1910:

OMG grin grin grin
Really, what are the odds that u will pick someone twice in this Lagos?
Stop filling up your phone memory jor...it's not worth it. Free urself and do ur business, no carry person for mind.

I have picked someone more than 5 times. Some twice, some thrice. Its usually the same PU to the same destination.

However, I do get your point. I remember saving the numbers of those who cancel on me so I can get my pound of flesh but I never met any of them again grin

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 10:27am On Aug 18, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

dis wan is painful bro. u did the right by going home to cool off. if i dey ur shoe & say make i continue work...omo i go surely transfer aggression to some innocent people.

So painful. Rider was really nice. He followed me to Sura, but when they refused to listen to our plea, he just told me to end the trip. He paid the full money and added extra.

After paying the 20k, I thought of working but my mood and spirit was just too down to work. I just drove home, parked, entered my house, brought out a bottle of beer from the fridge and was watching Netflix on my phone.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 10:34am On Aug 18, 2022
Pearl1910:

If someone says this is what works for him/her, then there is no need showing any proof. I respect people's choices and decisions.

If u really calm down and notice my comments, u will understand me better. If u say u prefer something I dare not say "why would u prefer that thing?"
But when u make a sweeping statement like A is better than B then I will demand proof if I think otherwise, or show proof if the contrary is d case.

Moreover, there is still a place for advise to people, which I suppose you can also give having been in the business for many years.
When u see someone making a mistake, u don't keep quiet and allow the person till he learns from experience, or continues to suffer lose. It is a noble duty to guide and give proper direction with respect, dignity and consideration to the individuals unique circumstances. This isn't just for ehailing but any other adventure in life.

Finally, I have said it a million times, the competition isn't to show which App is better.
How indeed can u show which app is better by going into a competition with someone else using a different App. When work ethics, pattern and location are all different.
U can only do that and say that for yourself using yourself as d constant/yardstick. Till Tunlapapa hanged boots, the man insisted Uber is better for him and u will not hear me argue otherwise cos it's his choice

Alright man!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:35am On Aug 18, 2022
Pearl1910:

I pray you get well from self braggart... you may not know you are suffering from this. It will be unfair to judge what one is helpless or ignorant about. We won't stop praying for you. We love you

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 10:38am On Aug 18, 2022
Barbiturate:

Those 2 or more vehicles might be wrong and you'll follow. They might not be stopped, but they will stop you.
For example, going to lekki/ajah from 3rd MB, you'd pass through TBS bridge...down. There's usually 2 lanes coming down the bridge. Some people form another lane(3rd) at the left end of the bridge and enter the next correct lane in front. I didn't know it was an offence before, so I followed some cars and I was stopped by lastma.

True talk bro. You can't just predict, but truth of the matter is that you just have to pray you don't fall victim before leaving your house because some of these factors you can't control best is just to be observant and if it happens, you sort it out. Luckily you may never get arrested.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 10:53am On Aug 18, 2022
VIO at Adeyemo Alakija entrance by Ozumba. Two vans positioned

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 12:32pm On Aug 18, 2022
computerglobal:
Be Cautious and obtain a detailed vehicle history report from computerglobal which can reveal many hidden problems from a vehicle’s past, including flood titles,recalls and more, and also will indicate if a vehicle has been registered in at-risk areas during flood and hurricane seasons.
Consumers could end up saving a great deal of time and money in repairing damages that were unbeknownst to them with they made the purchase.
Tested and Trusted Service

Contact us on Whats-app now 08060365068 for Instant Vehicle History Report & Custom Duty verification

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 1:02pm On Aug 18, 2022
Today sun no be here o.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 2:06pm On Aug 18, 2022
YeyeGbami:
Today sun no be here o.
Reasonable request come slow join.

I've been roaming around Lekki phase one, see as pilots just park for every angle

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 3:21pm On Aug 18, 2022
Barbiturate:

So painful. Rider was really nice. He followed me to Sura, but when they refused to listen to our plea, he just told me to end the trip. He paid the full money and added extra.

After paying the 20k, I thought of working but my mood and spirit was just too down to work. I just drove home, parked, entered my house, brought out a bottle of beer from the fridge and was watching Netflix on my phone.
That would give you almost instant divine healing grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by childofgrace2k: 3:33pm On Aug 18, 2022
Honorables in the house, please how can I reset this, I don't know why they blocked my account. My driver score is well above 60% ,only for me to open my app this afternoon and I saw this. I still used the app yesterday.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by microlincoln: 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2022
childofgrace2k:
Honorables in the house, please how can I reset this, I don't know why they blocked my account. My driver score is well above 60% ,only for me to open my app this afternoon and I saw this. I still used the app yesterday.
Seems someone reported you. Did you carry wahala rider recently?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 4:18pm On Aug 18, 2022
childofgrace2k:
Did u threaten ur rider? Jack knife? Spanner? Pepper spray or what? grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 4:19pm On Aug 18, 2022
ReadaDream:
Reasonable request come slow join.

I've been roaming around Lekki phase one, see as pilots just park for every angle
more of 1k + things. cry

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2022
mejai:
more of 1k + things. cry
I shook head for Gemade estate trip, I just they reach like this. This is a long way from home grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2022
deedee44:

That would give you almost instant divine healing grin
Na joy giver grin

I don collect one bottle like this for one those plenty cash wash around Gemade. Make God just bless me with long trip to Island cool

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:37pm On Aug 18, 2022
ReadaDream:
Na joy giver grin

I don collect one bottle like this for one those plenty cash wash around Gemade. Make God just bless me with long trip to Island cool

Receive your wish...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2022
pope191:

Receive your wish...
Wagbayi pope
I need to be out of here before 5pm. God abeg o

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2022
ReadaDream:
Wagbayi pope
I need to be out of here before 5pm. God abeg o

Have faith...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by childofgrace2k: 5:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
mejai:

Did u threaten ur rider? Jack knife? Spanner? Pepper spray or what? grin
not at all, I didn't have any issue with any rider
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by childofgrace2k: 5:04pm On Aug 18, 2022
microlincoln:

Seems someone reported you. Did you carry wahala rider recently?
no I never had any issue with a rider
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CarGuideNG: 5:31pm On Aug 18, 2022
Planning to buy a car?

Comprehensive VIN Checks & Reports

https://www.carguide.ng

+2347011116171 [Direct WhatsApp Chat Link In Signature]

Available 24 Hours
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 5:34pm On Aug 18, 2022
pope191:

Have faith...
No level o. I they go Airport side

Modified: Is God not wonderful? grin
I'm at the pick up already.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 6:17pm On Aug 18, 2022
ReadaDream:

Sure one! Fire!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by RaptObserver: 6:27pm On Aug 18, 2022
Good evening comrades.

I noticed I have fewer pages to read today after 24 hours absence. I guess the vawulence has abated.

I am still searching for a vehicle to hustle...

Thanks bosses.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:02pm On Aug 18, 2022
RaptObserver:
Good evening comrades.

I noticed I have fewer pages to read today after 24 hours absence. I guess the vawulence has abated.

I am still searching for a vehicle to hustle...

Thanks bosses.

You are confusing us biko

Vawulence or Vehicle which one are you truly searching for grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by RaptObserver: 7:04pm On Aug 18, 2022
pope191:

You are confusing us biko

Vawulence or Vehicle which one are you truly searching for grin

Vawulence must be transported with vehicle to location where it will serve its purpose successfully. Hope you gerrit?

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:10pm On Aug 18, 2022
ReadaDream:

Haaa, this one na surge ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4910) (4911) (4912) (4913) (4914) (4915) (4916) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: skillip(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.