Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4927) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4759830 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4924) (4925) (4926) (4927) (4928) (4929) (4930) ... (5694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lexit: 10:25pm On Aug 24, 2022
They must have sent you messages except your registered number with them is not what you use now.
mejai:
Play play, I say make I check VIS online platform....fiam, #20,000 fine waiting for my car. Since 12th August. Chai! B4, I no dey see anything o.

This thing na nonsense o.
Na to dey try avoid those white and black tv abi men for road for now.

With all these octopus hands on Indriver, how person wan take get 20k. Moreover, my 3rd party insurance and road worthiness dey intact, though, from another state.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 10:51pm On Aug 24, 2022
Lexit:
They must have sent you messages except your registered number with them is not what you use now.
No message o! Though they may have sent it to the previous owner and I never do change of ownership sef.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:30pm On Aug 24, 2022
Pearl1910:

Not only expired documents, beating traffic light in certain places is also captured.
I told u guys this since January.
I've not heard of any case of anyone fined for traffic violations.
When the cameras were newly installed, I was fined for jumping the red light in 2019 and I ignored since they didn't send any message to notify me. Fast forward to 2021 I checked the site again only to see that my offense had changed from red light to road worthiness, they had to wait for years to pass so they can carry out their manipulation so I would have no evidence to prove my innocence. My point is VIO has no business with traffic light, there job is limited to only documents and vehicle road worthiness unless other agencies want to start making use of the traffic camera too. I've come across speed limit monitoring devices on Lagos ibadan expressway, it's like federal government too will soon start dishing out fines for over speeding

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cleancars247: 1:46am On Aug 25, 2022
jowa16:
2006 Toyota Corolla (used) for sale.Engine,Gear and A.c sound

How are we supposed to call you?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:18am On Aug 25, 2022
Raw2:
If bolt staff is abandoning ship, who are we?

Lolz...so anybody, requesting from Bolt office is a Bolt staff ?

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:31am On Aug 25, 2022
deedee44:

When the cameras were newly installed, I was fined for jumping the red light in 2019 and I ignored since they didn't send any message to notify me. Fast forward to 2021 I checked the site again only to see that my offense had changed from red light to road worthiness, they had to wait for years to pass so they can carry out their manipulation so I would have no evidence to prove my innocence. My point is VIO has no business with traffic light, there job is limited to only documents and vehicle road worthiness unless other agencies want to start making use of the traffic camera too. I've come across speed limit monitoring devices on Lagos ibadan expressway, it's like federal government too will soon start dishing out fines for over speeding

U are still arguing.
When this physical inspection started in Jan/Feb, I told you guys I paid 20k for traffic light violation for one of my vehicles before they issued RW certificate.
U escaped that payment because before this year, u could get RW certificate without visiting any office. Now that it is compulsory to do physical inspection of ur car and system checks for fines before they issue u RW certificate, u will pay all ur fines, except it is an assumed fine like expired document before renewal. But if the camera has actually captured the vehicle on the road when the document has expired, there is no grammar u will speak, u will pay d fine.
Wait till u jump light then go and tell VIO that they don't have any business with traffic light.
Lagos State now uses VIO to recover and n collect all vehicle and transport taxes and fines because u r mandated to go for renewal every year.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 8:40am On Aug 25, 2022
Pearl1910:

U are still arguing.
When this physical inspection started in Jan/Feb, I told you guys I paid 20k for traffic light violation for one of my vehicles before they issued RW certificate.
U escaped that payment because before this year, u could get RW certificate without visiting any office. Now that it is compulsory to do physical inspection of ur car and system checks for fines before they issue u RW certificate, u will pay all ur fines, except it is an assumed fine like expired document before renewal. But if the camera has actually captured the vehicle on the road when the document has expired, there is no grammar u will speak, u will pay d fine.
Wait till u jump light then go and tell VIO that they don't have any business with traffic light.
Lagos State now uses VIO to recover and n collect all vehicle and transport taxes and fines because u r mandated to go for renewal every year.

How does it apply to those who register their vehicles outside Lagos State or those who will go outside Lagos to renew their vehicle papers. Just curious

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vicolame(m): 8:57am On Aug 25, 2022
vicolame:
I dey hail o, please I have a good and experienced driver with some cash that is not enough to get a good car due to the high prices of vehicles now and he is willing to deposit it and pay balance over some months, so please anyone with good Toyota vehicle (preferably RAV4 04/05, Camry bigdaddy or Corolla) on HP should quote this or kindly chat him on 08063394912. Thanks � wink

I dey hail o, please I have a good and experienced driver with some cash that is not enough to get a good car due to the high prices of vehicles now and he is willing to deposit it and pay balance over some months, so please anyone with good Toyota vehicle (preferably RAV4 04/05, Camry bigdaddy or Corolla) on HP should quote this or kindly chat him on 08063394912. Thanks � wink

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:33am On Aug 25, 2022
Pearl1910:

U are still arguing.
Well your case is the first time I'm hearing about it. I still maintain my stand that VIO has no right to fine me for jumping traffic light, they have no business with anything traffic, only vehicle inspection and documentation. They can be challenged in the court of law and they will likely lose. It's just that everything works upside down in this part of the world

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Druski(m): 10:19am On Aug 25, 2022
Felicity0001:

If it's properly done with all necessary part used no cut and join you won't have any issue at all.

The only issue is how experience is the person that did the job?

I took my for re- construction after the dealer first did it b4 selling it off and I'm glad I did... All thanks to olawaseun for the advise and link else the car would have been a money pit for me.

So it's a question if how well it was well done.

Most cars on Nigeria roads from Honda, to Lexus to Mercedes Benz name it... Even most trucks and vans are conversation.

These Avalon guys use for Uber most of them are conversation.

So take an experience hands for inspection. The electrical aspect of conversation and the AC aspect are the most tasking so an experience hands is needed

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Druski(m): 10:28am On Aug 25, 2022
deedee44:

Synthetic die-hard fans will come for you. Rocking my palm oil engine for 4 years + now, but people that want their engine to compete with methuselah will still say it's not doing well enough grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lexit: 10:29am On Aug 25, 2022
mejai:

No message o! Though they may have sent it to the previous owner and I never do change of ownership sef.

Just go do the change of ownership with new number plate.
With that, no need to worry about their ticket.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 10:34am On Aug 25, 2022
deedee44:

Well your case is the first time I'm hearing about it. I still maintain my stand that VIO has no right to fine me for jumping traffic light, they have no business with anything traffic, only vehicle inspection and documentation. They can be challenged in the court of law and they will likely lose. It's just that everything works upside down in this part of the world

You get time and money for court?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:41am On Aug 25, 2022
Itsrm:

How does it apply to those who register their vehicles outside Lagos State or those who will go outside Lagos to renew their vehicle papers. Just curious

LASG didn't put that into consideration; that someone can go out of lag, in d process renew his car documents and come back to Lag.
So my advise is, if u have Lagos Plates, then always renew all documents in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:51am On Aug 25, 2022
deedee44:

This is assuming you have the relevant updated or revised Lagos state transport laws.
Because, like u said, they fined u for traffic light violation in 2019. If they didn't have the mandate to do so, it will not be on Pay VIS platform. Maybe u r correct, maybe they pardoned u after a while or maybe the system was wiped because it couldn't keep information from 3yrs back. Whatever is d case, Lagos state ministry of transportation overseas VIS, so it's LASG that's fining and demanding not VIO.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 10:51am On Aug 25, 2022
Lexit:

Just go do the change of ownership with new number plate.
With that, no need to worry about their ticket.
ok bro. Na to even do am another state sef.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jowa16: 11:20am On Aug 25, 2022
@cleancars247, 09038673134
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jowa16: 11:33am On Aug 25, 2022
2006Toyota Corolla for sale

Super clean...

Engine, Gear and A.c working perfect

Price: 2.4m

Negotiable

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:55pm On Aug 25, 2022
Druski:

All your cars that you were using synthetic oil for are nowhere to be found now and my engine is still here, I've not opened it before.. just rocking it with my palm oil cheesy

By the way, this name fits you better, druski. Aboki grin

Why did you put another man's picture on your profile , that's a criminal offense.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:57pm On Aug 25, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:

You get time and money for court?
Na the thing wey dey give dem power be that. Dem know say we no get time, always hustling lol, but if one spends time and money, and wins the case, the compensation will be worth all the time and money spent

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 1:12pm On Aug 25, 2022
Pearl1910:

This is assuming you have the relevant updated or revised Lagos state transport laws.
Because, like u said, they fined u for traffic light violation in 2019. If they didn't have the mandate to do so, it will not be on Pay VIS platform. Maybe u r correct, maybe they pardoned u after a while or maybe the system was wiped because it couldn't keep information from 3yrs back. Whatever is d case, Lagos state ministry of transportation overseas VIS, so it's LASG that's fining and demanding not VIO.
Don't argue, this is the fact. They didnt pardon me (you hear say Lagos pardon person before?) and the system wasn't wiped because when I later checked, the RW offense was still 2019 and it wasn't there when I checked the first time, it was traffic light offense that was there. They knew it was out of their jurisdiction so they replaced the offense with the one they had control over. They are wise.

For you to know they do manipulate their website and database, they sent a msg to my brother who doesn't even live in Lagos that his document has expired, we checked their site and no unpaid bill was there.

Lagos state ministry of transportation has different agencies for different purposes, VIO is the agency that accused and arrested me for the offense and not Lastma so I can sue them for power abuse or whatever name my lawyer wants to give it. Like I said before sha, we live in a country where anything goes as far as it doesn't kill us

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 1:14pm On Aug 25, 2022
mejai:
ok bro. Na to even do am another state sef.
The car is not for e-hailing? If it is then Lagos is your best bet

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by joshboss(m): 1:56pm On Aug 25, 2022
Good day everyone. I'm in need of a car for weekly remittance in Lagos. I would be most grateful if you can connect me. Pls call or whatsapp me on 09069085298 thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Druski(m): 2:10pm On Aug 25, 2022
deedee44:

All your cars that you were using synthetic oil for are nowhere to be found now and my engine is still here, I've not opened it before.. just rocking it with my palm oil cheesy

By the way, this name fits you better, druski. Aboki grin

Why did you put another man's picture on your profile , that's a criminal offense.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:37pm On Aug 25, 2022
deedee44:

Don't argue, this is the fact. They didnt pardon me (you hear say Lagos pardon person before?) and the system wasn't wiped because when I later checked, the RW offense was still 2019 and it wasn't there when I checked the first time, it was traffic light offense that was there. They knew it was out of their jurisdiction so they replaced the offense with the one they had control over. They are wise.

For you to know they do manipulate their website and database, they sent a msg to my brother who doesn't even live in Lagos that his document has expired, we checked their site and no unpaid bill was there.

Lagos state ministry of transportation has different agencies for different purposes, VIO is the agency that accused and arrested me for the offense and not Lastma so I can sue them for power abuse or whatever name my lawyer wants to give it. Like I said before sha, we live in a country where anything goes as far as it doesn't kill us

Okay

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:05pm On Aug 25, 2022
[quote author=Druski post=116048995][/quote]

Druski is empty, maybe Dru23 should come back

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abefeabebi(m): 4:36pm On Aug 25, 2022
deedee44:

Just being curious concerning the camera of a thing. I don't think the camera is used for traffic lights violation bcs they do control it manually some times as against the traffic lights direction,so many times when the traffic is serious

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:47pm On Aug 25, 2022
abefeabebi:

Just being curious concerning the camera of a thing. I don't think the camera is used for traffic lights violation bcs they do control it manually some times as against the traffic lights direction,so many times when the traffic is serious
Yes I thought about that too, how will the camera know when traffic wardens override traffic lights
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BestTrades: 5:25pm On Aug 25, 2022

To check vin of any car

For Free Vehicle History Report

https://verifyithq.com/free-vehicle-history-report/

For comprehensive vehicle history report

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mirrah: 5:38pm On Aug 25, 2022
Not a bolt fan boy, but Bolt surely still have its perks. Was surge today at lekki phase 1 cause of heavy traffic. Did a 1300 trip on indriver for close to 1hr 30 mins, quickly switched to bolt...lol. Same trips on bolt was double the price grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cheddaz: 5:38pm On Aug 25, 2022
I'm just having thots that indriver might not be a bad idea come this festive season. There will surely be a lot of traffic on indriver and people might just be willing to pay a little more for their fares. My only problem na that fastest finger ISH!!!
Pearl1910:

Lolz...so anybody, requesting from Bolt office is a Bolt staff ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mirrah: 5:45pm On Aug 25, 2022
Cheddaz:
I'm just having thots that indriver might not be a bad idea come this festive season. There will surely be a lot of traffic on indriver and people might just be willing to pay a little more for their fares. My only problem na that fastest finger ISH!!!

Bolt will still be the best for the festive season cause of traffic.

Take for instance, the closure of road at VGC and the subsequent traffic. Indriver app still thinks there is a turning at VGC and it's not reflected on their price despite the heavy traffic.

Had a request to pick someone at Mega Chicken on indriver for 1,800, note that I was already at Eleganza Gardens at VGC. Took me 15 mins to turn at new diversion back to Northwest. I called rider whether she could cross over to the other side cause it was going to take another 20mins to go to eleganza bus stop back to mega chicken and back to Northwest. lol she said she can't cross the road, I jejely canceled.

Next thing she put same order for 2,500.

Drivers are not fools

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4924) (4925) (4926) (4927) (4928) (4929) (4930) ... (5694) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Ceenelly(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.