Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,488 members, 7,826,838 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4780591 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (5698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:08pm On Feb 12, 2018
Schiphol:
Do you really meant the bold statement?

my services are paid for by most fleet managers.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jarkbauer: 4:08pm On Feb 12, 2018
ice4u999:

Not sure what he did before buying the car but
I guess I know who to call now when I am ready to try out Kia.

In case you don't know... it cost just 10k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ice4u999(m): 4:09pm On Feb 12, 2018
Carshopper:

I have 4 kia rio running ... no issues ... the nigerian used I bought I did an overhaul of the ride (engine, transmission and air-conditioning)

How much did the overhaul cost you in total per vehicle?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ice4u999(m): 4:12pm On Feb 12, 2018
jarkbauer:

In case you don't know... it cost just 10k

You mean 10k for inspection?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by justifiedcoyy(m): 4:14pm On Feb 12, 2018
ice4u999:

it's called Diagnosis not inspection wink
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 4:14pm On Feb 12, 2018
ice4u999:

How much did the overhaul cost you in total per vehicle?

Region of 350k grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ice4u999(m): 4:26pm On Feb 12, 2018
justifiedcoyy:
it's called Diagnosis not inspection wink

OK sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ice4u999(m): 4:26pm On Feb 12, 2018
Carshopper:

Region of 350k grin

Not bad for sure
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 4:28pm On Feb 12, 2018
ice4u999:

Not bad for sure

Better cost when u consider overhauling a Toyota corolla grin cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davizfx: 4:38pm On Feb 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

sonata, engine too large for uber business, engine too expensive if replacement required, a/c very unpredictable.

Elantra, stick to the 2.0liter engines, the 1.6 liter engines are expensive and very delicate, they do not lolorate any form of abuse.

Also avoid the electronic assisted steering.

Finally CIVIC. I hate CIVIC. Personal issues.
I really wanna know why you hate Civic this much. I'm about getting a 2006/2007 civic for personal use. Help me with any good info I need to know. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jarkbauer: 4:40pm On Feb 12, 2018
ice4u999:

Inspection and diagnosis
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 4:49pm On Feb 12, 2018
Latest addition coming up

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackfm: 5:16pm On Feb 12, 2018
Uber has finally made card addition compulsory for driver...ive been expecting this since

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackfm: 5:19pm On Feb 12, 2018
very well then but you can offer pickup and drop off services in the interim, that way everybody is happy. just a thought
GAZZUZZ:

I have decided to engage in other businesses on Sat. TYRES, car parts, uber, what ever tickles my fancy. If I allow my bois run diagnosis and repairs on Sat, by Monday morning my workshop will look like this

Instead of this

We will have vehicle registration very soon for serious clients so we can do pickup and drop offs.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 12, 2018
blackfm:
Uber has finally made card addition compulsory for driver...ive been expecting this since

i dont understand, could you please explain?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by entparrot(f): 5:24pm On Feb 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

was it serviced by a parrot?

Was it inspected before purchase by a parrot?

vehicle selection is a job on its own.

FLEET XPERTZ once paid me to diagnose a vehicle before they accepted it, car was looking Sharp and engine sounded nice. In my report I stated that engine was bad and driver should not be driven above 100km/hr.

Next day engine knocked.

there is nothing spiritual about selecting a sound vehicle, it is a skill.

Honestly, I like ur aggressive marketing, any vehicle that doesn't go to ur workshop will be faulty.

All the GIG motors and Chisco transport, all their vehicles are dead because not handle by GAZZUZZ.

You claim my corolla not in perfect condition, because I refuse to waste money on ur advice, yet my corolla is on the road 24/7.

The only thing I advise u is, if people ask u simple question, answer them first, b4 telling them ur 10k diagnosis fee.

I know me revealing the prices I get my parts will be affecting most mechanics, but owners need to be aware, I was once mechanic victim of extortion.

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackfm: 5:38pm On Feb 12, 2018
NLmotorentalz:

i dont understand, could you please explain?

they just sent out mails and messages giving drivers deadline of March 5th to add card to their profile or risk deactivation. apparently, cash trip has been more popular and they're not getting their commission as they should.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by entparrot(f): 5:43pm On Feb 12, 2018
thebigkendo:

Interesting!!!! so she is a HE

Because you guys believe a she should be in other room.

A she shouldn't talk, just as GAZZUZZ ordered me to shut up.

A she should run to u, to beg u 4 $.

Don't worry, I remain strong no amount of bully will shut me up.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 6:08pm On Feb 12, 2018
blackfm:
true....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 6:15pm On Feb 12, 2018
Practical difference between uber and taxify, i picked up a rider at ogudu GRA to gbagada phase 11. Around where i dropped him, i picked another rider, dropped her at same axis in Ogudu GRA.
See photos below

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:16pm On Feb 12, 2018
entparrot:

Because you guys believe a she should be in other room.

A she shouldn't talk, just as GAZZUZZ ordered me to shut up.

A she should run to u, to beg u 4 $.

Don't worry, I remain strong no amount of bully will shut me up.

more like a rabid dog.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ice4u999(m): 6:18pm On Feb 12, 2018
Carshopper:

Better cost when u consider overhauling a Toyota corolla grin cheesy

Correct when looking at this from the quick financial aspect right? But if we must consider this long-term financial benefit and then take into consideration the re-sale value, which vehicle will stand the test of time, based on my own opinion o (being a little bit biased), corolla is the way to go.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ice4u999(m): 6:23pm On Feb 12, 2018
Carshopper:
Latest addition coming up

How much is this going for?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 7:11pm On Feb 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Since 10k has become a bone of contention, let me help you.

Tell your technician to provide you with the following information and I will tell you exactly what to change on your air-conditioning system that will make it function perfectly.

1.present Colour of compressor oil. E.g clear, light brown, dark.

2. Discharge all refrigerant, pull a vacuum @ 13psi on high and low side wait 3hours and record readings.

3. Pull vacuum again and recharge system with 0.5gramms of 134a refrigerant.

4. Start engine, record exact engine speed.

5. Turn on a/c leave to run for 2mins record engine spped.

6. Record values of a/c pressures on high and low side with ambient temperature @ 29-30degrees celcius.

7. Record values of a/c pressures on high and low side with ambient temperature @ 32-40degrees celcius.

8. Record cabin temp in number 6 above.

9. Record cabin temp in number 7 above.

10. Set engine speed to 2000rpm and record values of high and low sides of airconditioning.

11. Ensure coolant temp readings for every step is recorded.

12. if "2" above drops to about -1 to -6psi in three hours, install U.V dye in system, run airconditioning system for another 3hours then use U.V light to detect patches of U.V dye on a.c lines and compressor area. Record all results.

13. Disassemble glove of compartment, use electronic sniffer to check for leaks from evaporator.

14. Discharge all refrigerant, block off entry and exit points on a/c line to evaporator, pull vacuum and record values after 3hours.

15. Disconnect lines to compressor, block off lines, pull vacuum and record values after 20mins

16. Disconnect lines to condenser, pull vacuum and recored values. After 20mins

17. Do a visual inspection of fins of radiator and condenser. Clear all blockage.

You do not have to pay a diagnosis fee to me.

Just provide more info and I will tell you what the exact faulty parts are.

Gazzuzz.

Muahaha
This one weak me
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ndizzle(m): 7:22pm On Feb 12, 2018
slamstanlee:
Practical difference between uber and taxify, i picked up a rider at ogudu GRA to gbagada phase 11. Around where i dropped him, i picked another rider, dropped her at same axis in Ogudu GRA.
See photos below
From the samples on display, its safe to say Uber is more rider friendly than driver while taxify is more driver friendly than rider.
The taxify pickup location my have an unseen boost. U never can tell.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sonety2k(m): 8:01pm On Feb 12, 2018
For Sale 2004 Toyota Corolla #1.6m
https://www.nairaland.com/4341440/valentine-sales-2004-toyota-corolla

2005 Toyota Camry #1.7m
https://www.nairaland.com/4341404/valentine-sales-tokunbo-2005-toyota

2005 Toyota Sienna #2.2m

https://www.nairaland.com/4341560/val-sales-2005-toyota-sienna

NB :-
PLEASE COME FOR INSPECTION ON THE CAR BEFORE ANY FORM OF PAYMENT MADE ON ANY VEHICLE

LOCATION - No 70 Ring Road , Opp TOTAL STATION , Olusanya , Ring Road , IBADAN , OYO STATE

For serious inquiries please:- sonetauto@yahoo.com,

CALL Kelley :- 080-3377-7903 or 08027954393

Whatapp : SONET +81-9017259102

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 8:02pm On Feb 12, 2018
ndizzle:

From the samples on display, its safe to say Uber is more rider friendly than driver while taxify is more driver friendly than rider.
maybe.. But i doubt, no boost shown and it wasn't even rush hour..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omatynx: 8:25pm On Feb 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
drove 350km on Sat with my newly acquired ride, made roughly 30k. Used 25-28liters of fuel.

If I hear say driver no fit deliver ordinary 35k per week,
TFY angry

Carshopper, it's tested come carry go

Bro pls I crave ur experiential comment. My driver uses a mobile phone for uber. When he starts a ride, he puts d phone off (it overheats if he doesnt) and puts it on when approaching final destination. Does it affect the calculation of the distance(km) traveled?

Also he did 466km last week and claimed he spent #19k on fuel. Is that possible? Its a corola 2008 1.6l (big size) sound engine
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Arizona1: 8:41pm On Feb 12, 2018
ndizzle:

There's no boost anything. Taxify pays divers than uber, I have compared my uber trips with Taxify with guys that did same distance, Taxify always tops uber fares by N250 to N350. Some serious get up to N400.
Even some of my riders always ask me how do uber drivers break even especially those that use bigger cars that uber fares are too cheap.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 8:43pm On Feb 12, 2018
All ye I need a car dropping number for partners that post a car to call you. Una never ready

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 8:50pm On Feb 12, 2018
ice4u999:

How much is this going for?

If am selling?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 8:56pm On Feb 12, 2018
omatynx:

Bro pls I crave ur experiential comment. My driver uses a mobile phone for uber. When he starts a ride, he puts d phone off (it overheats if he doesnt) and puts it on when approaching final destination. Does it affect the calculation of the distance(km) traveled?

Also he did 466km last week and claimed he spent #19k on fuel. Is that possible? Its a corola 2008 1.6l (big size) sound engine
Was making that mistake my self because my phone was getting hot too, I use an iPhone 7 and it still gets hot as hell, so I put it on the car vent during trips. He should never put his phone off during a trip it affects the fare calc, I repeat he should stop putting off his phone during trip, I lost so much money because of that mistake until I realized what I was doing wrong, luckily for me am driving my own car.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (5698) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.