Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4947) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4735616 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4944) (4945) (4946) (4947) (4948) (4949) (4950) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 8:51pm On Sep 02, 2022
ReadaDream:
Someone said "Imagine 3 Corolla boys at this intersection" grin
Patience is a virtue! Las Las all will pass. My fear na jumia and bolt food dispatch riders flying pass from nowhere.

Me Sha dey reason A

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 9:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
ReadaDream:

grin grin

The rule, always give way to traffic on your left comes to play here.

They should go in the order B-A-C

B has a free way and he's also to the left of A and C, therefore B should go first. Then, C should wait for A to go because A is to C's left then C can now go.

That makes me go for option D.

Don't revoke my license though.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:06pm On Sep 02, 2022
Itsrm:

The most important question even me cannot answer is, why do these Toyota vehicles easily burn gaskets and damage engines when they overheat.

I've had severe overheating issues with other brands of vehicles not Toyota and there was no issue with the gasket.

They are definitely not new generation Japanese, Korean, Chinese or Indian cars.
There is a reason these are relatively cheaper in the international market compared to their European and American counterparts.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by LordVarys1: 9:12pm On Sep 02, 2022
411Cars:
That 25 - 30k is weekly not monthly.

I can remit 100k - 120k weekly for you without any stories. Please do call or Whatsapp 08031391676

this doesn't sound realistic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lanrexdo(m): 9:29pm On Sep 02, 2022
What sounds realistic ??
LordVarys1:
this doesn't sound realistic
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:

grin grin

The rule, always give way to traffic on your left comes to play here.

They should go in the order B-A-C

B has a free way and he's also to the left of A and C, therefore B should go first. Then, C should wait for A to go because A is to C's left then C can now go.

That makes me go for option D.

Don't revoke my license though.
But I thought that traffic on your left applies only at a roundabout.
From the pic shared, car B is going straight. It has the right of way as the car is on a major road. Then C moves cos it is still on the major road. Finally, car A goes, cos it is joining the major road. (and car A is also safer from anything that can go wrong b4 joining the major way)

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenponti(m): 1:18am On Sep 03, 2022
Itsrm:

This is very similar to my experience as well.

I checked radiator, coolant level had slightly dropped. I topped it, entered the vehicle and zoomed to my Children's school to pick them. As soon as I entered my street on my way back, the vehicle started sounding funny and my RPM fluctuating like mad. Since I was already inside the street, I decided to manage it till I get to the house.

Just as I approached the gate, the vehicle turned off. I came down, opened the bonnet and lo and behold, I didn't return the radiator cap grin . In all of these, my temperature gauge did not move an inch.

I left the engine to cool, put in fresh coolant, drove it in. I called mechanic to inform him and he said my head gasket may have gotten burnt and I should check the colour of the oil for water mixture.

I checked, oil was still as it was. Nothing happened to the head gasket and the vehicle is still going strong till this day.

Someone on this forum who made the same mistake I made with a 2007 Toyota Camry had to replace the engine.

Years ago when I used Golf 3, any extreme overheat the car will trigger whistling alarm engine will go Off and won't start till it cools down. My next car, camry 03 do extreme overheat and will still stay on, the only way i will know is the temperature Guage and thats how the engine got fried in one of the days i didnt notice the high temperature gauge .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenponti(m): 1:29am On Sep 03, 2022
mejai:

Nothing pain pass overheating car under an overheating sun + lekki type of traffic. U go just dey confuse grin

Another thing people don't realise is radiator need to be bleeded (removing air traps in the water chambers). If there is air in the system car will overhead and the person will be wondering what the heck is causing the overheating. Just type how to bleed radiator on YouTube and see.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sunnymighty(m): 3:55am On Sep 03, 2022
LordVarys1:
Sunnymighty kindly mail me on this email

Quintuslentuluslagatusglabber@gmail.com

Can't remember the email I used for this account

Great!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:44am On Sep 03, 2022
ReadaDream:

Normal - BAC
Abnormal - whoever is smarter wink
Most likely - ACB....funny enough that's not in the option. That's to show u that Nigeria matter needs to be specially studied. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:17am On Sep 03, 2022
obinoral1179:
wetin you dey blur,her name now tolani...

Boss face front nah grin nah to respect her privacy. She need to take her pix off indriver
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:20am On Sep 03, 2022
ksmart027:

Which alternative do you suggest boss?

You no like me oo... u want oga to serve me from mama's cooking pot. Well! Bishop will say continue what you've been using.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 7:59am On Sep 03, 2022
mejai:

But I thought that traffic on your left applies only at a roundabout.
From the pic shared, car B is going straight. It has the right of way as the car is on a major road. Then C moves cos it is still on the major road. Finally, car A goes, cos it is joining the major road. (and car A is also safer from anything that can go wrong b4 joining the major way)

Eeeerrmm, I've always thought it applies at intersections too but what do I know?
I've always applied it and it works.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 8:00am On Sep 03, 2022
Pearl1910:

Normal - BAC
Abnormal - whoever is smarter wink
Most likely - ACB....funny enough that's not in the option. That's to show u that Nigeria matter needs to be specially studied. grin

What's your reason for letting A go before C? Just for knowledge sake.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:20am On Sep 03, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:

What's your reason for letting A go before C? Just for knowledge sake.

FIFO...first in first out.
'A' got to the intersection before 'C'
Only B has right of way. So it's his discretion whether to wait or keep going.

Also, if there is no gentleman understanding, A can cross right after B passes while C will still b waiting for clearance from oncoming B even if C was there first.

Thirdly, if u notice at traffic lights, mostly traffic is passed in anticlockwise manner (although there are exceptions as a result of intensity of traffic). So in this case B has right of way, the next lane to pass after B is A then C.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:24am On Sep 03, 2022
RaptObserver:
Good morning comrades.

I need expert opinion on a matter before me.

I have two offers of rentals at hand, a corolla (pure water) and a civic 07...

I need proper advice on which one to pick based on:

Profit
Maintenance
Ruggedness
Any other useful info

The owner of corolla said I will bring the car for him every weekend and I take it on Monday to work with. I told him weekend is the main period the hustle pays that it will be hard to meet up. He said, I will meet up.
Why are you still contemplating on which one to take, bro you have only one offer. Forget the Corolla

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:29am On Sep 03, 2022
Thurmieee:
Please my people I need help.
My Toyota Corolla alternator belt cut while on motion. The place was the bad place so I couldn't stop then I rugged the car to almost reach house before he come pack up. Then it's not starting again . Later the mechanic say the engine don loose pressure na to buy another one
Try another mechanic

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tobisunday(m): 8:40am On Sep 03, 2022
deedee44:

Try another mechanic

ASAP !!!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:04am On Sep 03, 2022
tojahh:

Abeg come collect my own sir. lipsrsealed
Hope you get comprehensive insurance and tracker. I no talk say your car go disappear o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:10am On Sep 03, 2022
DARLINGTON869:
Pls house between Abuja and Lagos, which is preferable to run Uber and bolt. I am in Lagos but contemplating switching to Abuja to start e hailing there. Pls house do you think it's a good idea?
What are your reasons?

If it's for peace of mind and better traffic conditions then you're right to switch to Abuja.

If it is to make more money you're wrong to switch to Abuja
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:12am On Sep 03, 2022
tojahh:

Corolla sold!
Matrix will follow grin

Corolla > Matrix > Dru
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 9:16am On Sep 03, 2022
Pearl1910:

FIFO...first in first out.
'A' got to the intersection before 'C'
Only B has right of way. So it's his discretion whether to wait or keep going.

Also, if there is no gentleman understanding, A can cross right after B passes while C will still b waiting for clearance from oncoming B even if C was there first.

Thirdly, if u notice at traffic lights, mostly traffic is passed in anticlockwise manner (although there are exceptions as a result of intensity of traffic). So in this case B has right of way, the next lane to pass after B is A then C.

On point! Thanks. It's educating!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:19am On Sep 03, 2022
Wetin Musa no go see for gate grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 9:22am On Sep 03, 2022
Pearl1910:
Wetin Musa no go see for gate grin

Indriver get both human and animals! Some of them are even going to cementery grin grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:23am On Sep 03, 2022
deedee44:

Matrix will follow grin

Corolla > Matrix > Dru

Matrix 1.9m oma kpe mbe.
Old registration for that matter.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:25am On Sep 03, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:

Indriver get both human and animals! Some of them are even going to cementery grin grin

Baba say him wan go visit him grandparents for cemetery and u will wait for him and take them back. undecided lipsrsealed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:33am On Sep 03, 2022
obinoral1179:
wetin you dey blur,her name now tolani...
The girl popular, me sef dey see her requests
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:36am On Sep 03, 2022
LordVarys1:
Sunnymighty kindly mail me on this email

Quintuslentuluslagatusglabber@gmail.com

Can't remember the email I used for this account
Haha whatapen na grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:40am On Sep 03, 2022
Itsrm:

This is very similar to my experience as well.

I checked radiator, coolant level had slightly dropped. I topped it, entered the vehicle and zoomed to my Children's school to pick them. As soon as I entered my street on my way back, the vehicle started sounding funny and my RPM fluctuating like mad. Since I was already inside the street, I decided to manage it till I get to the house.

Just as I approached the gate, the vehicle turned off. I came down, opened the bonnet and lo and behold, I didn't return the radiator cap grin . In all of these, my temperature gauge did not move an inch.

I left the engine to cool, put in fresh coolant, drove it in. I called mechanic to inform him and he said my head gasket may have gotten burnt and I should check the colour of the oil for water mixture.

I checked, oil was still as it was. Nothing happened to the head gasket and the vehicle is still going strong till this day.

Someone on this forum who made the same mistake I made with a 2007 Toyota Camry had to replace the engine.
Toyota temperature guage would still rise without coolant.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:47am On Sep 03, 2022
ReadaDream:
I will never enter Lekki County again once it rains! That singular act made loose earnings for Sallah, all that long break I couldn't work.

Those fuses are one inexpensive item that canr send your car go where e no know. I almost burnt the Corolla I was driving when AC fuse cut and I bridge the fuse with wire; I used a flexible wire at first it cut instantly, my coconut head decided to double the wire. Couple of wires under the fuse box got burnt that night, had to visit rewire the following day to get the sorted.

When I got this present car, I made sure that all the fuse that had wires attached to them was removed and replaced with the right one.
I never try that shi, once my fuse cut I tell rewire to first trace the cause then get another fuse. I don't know why they like join join when the fuse is not even expensive.
Most of them are lazy, they just want to put a stronger wire that will not cut and collect your money and I'll be like oga the fuse cut for a reason abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:52am On Sep 03, 2022
ReadaDream:
B will sha go first. Who moves first between A and C will follow grin
C get advantage over A though, (if C is smart) C would have already blocked A's path before B leaves A's front
BCA is my final answer
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:59am On Sep 03, 2022
Pearl1910:

Matrix 1.9m oma kpe mbe.
Old registration for that matter.
They will beat the price down nw, na just asking price

(1) (2) (3) ... (4944) (4945) (4946) (4947) (4948) (4949) (4950) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.