Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,258 members, 7,849,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:50 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4984) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4850142 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4981) (4982) (4983) (4984) (4985) (4986) (4987) ... (5716) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:13am On Sep 22, 2022
Gentlelife50:

Plus musul get more space and his riders will like it more.
It's less prone to vandalization and e dey run pass coro if you dey like racing like me.
Above all if you want to resell you'll earn more on musul, let just check it very well so he won't end up buying lemon at the end of the day.
Nigerians hardly sell thier cars if it is not giving them issues, except relatively few.

Muscle seem to consume gas than coro and in place of AC fixing, price comparison need to be in the know too. I just feel those that drive coro kind of have peace of mind more, maybe it is just a false belief.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 10:18am On Sep 22, 2022
Pearl1910:

Only if u know how big and valuable 2.450m was in 2012. It's even bigger than 4m of today

In 2012, 2.450 is like our 4.550 today.

It wasn't an easy feat. Not taking anything away from Baz001 statement but there was never a time Nigeria was great. Every hardship comes with their respective decade.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gudvibes06: 10:33am On Sep 22, 2022
Wow thanks boss but I have a I'll ask him too must it be 7pk cos I currently use 6pk

Itsrm:

There are loads of information on nairaland. You just need to use the search button. This should help

https://www.nairaland.com/3743541/ask-gazzuzz/372#107444242
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 10:38am On Sep 22, 2022
tojahh:

It wasn't an easy feat. Not taking anything away from Baz001 statement but there was never a time Nigeria was great. Every hardship comes with their respective decade.

Remember, dollar was #145 in 2012.
Now it is 710.
So 2.450m in 2012 should be around 10m now.

By the way, BAZ001's car is 2007. He has said that several times here.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 10:52am On Sep 22, 2022
Gudvibes06:
Wow thanks boss but I have a I'll ask him too must it be 7pk cos I currently use 6pk

The PK in the size code for your fan belt simply represents the number of grooves (teeth) that your crankshaft, alternator, power steering and compressor has on its pulleys. The rest of the numbers is the actual length of the belt itself.

In this your particular case If you turn the serpentine belt and look under it you will count a total of 6 grooves MEANWHILE if you look on the pulleys of your other related engine components you will find out that they all have seven grooves. Then if you scrutinize your current setup you’d find out that you have one empty unused groove just sitting there exposed for the belt to be ‘playing’ against left-right as the engine rotates.

What this implies is that you are utilizing only 6 of the specified 7 grooves to create the ‘friction’ your crankshaft needs to effectively spin your power steering pump, compressor and alternator. Your belt is the right length but the wrong width ========> rapid belt wear and tear, crankshaft loosing grip-friction when wet or stretched, adjuster making unusual noises because it’s not compressing the required surface area of the belt and finally your belt will cut more frequently because it is undersized for the various pulleys it’s rubbing against

You should get the 7pk type from henceforth, stop letting mechanics dictate what you should or should not use as against factory specifications.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 10:57am On Sep 22, 2022
donfortune48:

Pearl I don put am back.
I even got it for 5k while my mechanic was telling me 20k.

Shey you don dey fear to call me out?
Nice one.

I nor wan call your name before oh lol lipsrsealed now all the newbies and thread ‘raiders’ go sabi say you self dey do vehicular malpractice

About those other ones that welded their suspensions ehn . . . grin their names have been erased from the book of life tey-tey wink

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gudvibes06: 11:03am On Sep 22, 2022
Thank you so much for this I really appreciate I will adjust everything and see how it goes.

Conner44:

The PK in the size code for your fan belt simply represents the number of grooves (teeth) that your crankshaft, alternator, power steering and compressor has on its pulleys. The rest of the numbers is the actual length of the belt itself.

In this your particular case If you turn the serpentine belt and look under it you will count a total of 6 grooves MEANWHILE if you look on the pulleys of your other related engine components you will find out that they all have seven grooves. Then if you scrutinize your current setup you’d find out that you have one empty unused groove just sitting there exposed for the belt to be ‘playing’ against left-right as the engine rotates.

What this implies is that you are utilizing only 6 of the specified 7 grooves to create the ‘friction’ your crankshaft needs to effectively spin your power steering pump, compressor and alternator. Your belt is the right length but the wrong width ========> rapid belt wear and tear, crankshaft loosing grip-friction when wet or stretched, adjuster making unusual noises because it’s not compressing the required surface area of the belt and finally your belt will cut more frequently because it is undersized for the various pulleys it’s rubbing against

You should get the 7pk type from henceforth, stop letting mechanics dictate what you should or should not use as against factory specifications.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 11:08am On Sep 22, 2022
BAZ001:

Anything you read concerning car from pearl na confam…
Meaning any other thing he says na lie?

We are in the mood of tips and experiences no throwing of jabs or shades plssss

Much respect boss
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Ahhhhh. I no talk that one ooh. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Much respect, sir. lipsrsealed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gudvibes06: 11:13am On Sep 22, 2022
Bro mi e is 07 that bolt sf don't show me shege but I'm lucky the engine threading is still okay the bolt don't break inside twice ladipo guys call it special bolt I bought it for 5k one time like na break e still break Las last na 3h own(for the new model faragon ) later do the work perfectly.

obinoral1179:
which year is yours and to get the fixing of the belt properly search YouTube and insist your kazeem follows the step, that was how mu kazeem got the settings of my belt but now the adjuster issue we dey now especially the threading on the engine which makes the adjuster bolt not fit in well...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eyinola1: 11:16am On Sep 22, 2022
Blackbishop:

Baba how e dey happen for street, show your loyal fans love sir
lol, e be things ,e be things..indriver don block from crediting my acct, I pay to uber since Sept 3rd uber say d money dey hang for fluttawave grin Street has not been smiling on me but thanks to bolt and some loyal offliners ..e no go better for KUDA Bank shaaa cos they said because i was trying to top up and it was showing error and I tried more than 3 times so the block d card in suspecting of fraudulent act
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eyinola1: 11:18am On Sep 22, 2022
I forgot to add they Rob me of my phone in abule egba, trying to come back to nairaland boom forgotten password grin just open new acct Eyinola1 old na eyinola grin grin

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:19am On Sep 22, 2022
Itsrm:

People on 150-200k salary in 2022 now buy cars of 2m. That was the same salary some people collected in 2012. Why do you think buying a car valued at around 2m will be such a big deal at the time?

If u earned 200k in 2012 u r a big boy.
Check the cost of cars, land and properties that time.

200k in 2012 is like 400k today.
Check house rent, cost of land and properties now and then.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 11:22am On Sep 22, 2022
mejai:
Indriver needs to start charging waiting time. We take things for granted in this part of the world.
Wallahi, they need to. angry
That's one thing bolt riders don't joke with, cos they know their money increases the more they delay the driver.
That's why I hardly pick trips that are less than 1.7k on indriver.
It's sensible when ride of 10mins to destination brings 1.2k but the attitude of indriver passengers of delaying would never make me accept such.
It's worth it if the ride is 2.5k minimum and if you delay me, but the total time of arrival + waiting + destination = 40mins, I won't mind, though annoying.
Make I come accept a ride of 1.2k because it is 10mins to destination, you come delay me for another 10-15mins. It is very annoying.
The day indriver adds paid waiting to their app, I will rate dem 9/10.
But for now, it's 8/10.
Much respect, boss.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:34am On Sep 22, 2022
73O9:

Pearl Pearl, na so another kasala go start

But sincere analysis will tell someone working with a multiple national company should be able to afford such especially when it comes with many perks.

We are talking of 2012 when Uber/bolt have not dreamt of Nigeria. Likewise there are a lot of people who have been to this thread to ask if they can make use of their big cars.
Can you answer what must have happened to to them by thinking of using a big car since that is the vehicle available at their disposal.
BUBU as should know must have happened to them.
There are lots of people who have driven that never thought BUBU could happen to them.

Just so you know that not all see it as a better investment but as a means to get by.

No no no... don't get me wrong. I am trying to clear Tojahs doubt that Bazooo was a big boy before BuBu came and the company folded up. That's what Bazooo said.
If he was earning as much as he said, then it's possible to buy Muscle in 2012/2013.
No doubt.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:45am On Sep 22, 2022
tojahh:

Exactly my point wink
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 11:47am On Sep 22, 2022
Pearl1910:

This is not entirely correct sir. Pwc was paying 180k to fresh graduates with no experience as at 2013. Access bank has been paying graduates 245k for as long as I can remember. These are not big boys by any stretch of imagination. I'm sure fresh graduates at these companies are not earning 400k today. They are likely still earning the same money those in 2012 earned and they are using that same salary to buy 2m naira cars in 2022.

See this post for emphasis.

https://www.nairaland.com/1381035/pwc-kpmg-which-one-should#17169366

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2022
Itsrm:

This is not entirely correct sir. Pwc was paying 180k to fresh graduates with no experience as at 2013. Access bank has been paying graduates 245k for as long as I can remember. These are not big boys by any stretch of imagination. I'm sure fresh graduates at these companies are not earning 400k today. They are likely still earning the same money those in 2012 earned and they are using that same salary to buy 2m naira cars in 2022.

See this post for emphasis.

https://www.nairaland.com/1381035/pwc-kpmg-which-one-should#17169366

So because they were fresh graduates they aren't big boys? They were big boys o forget. They rented standard houses in Lekki, Ogudu, Gbagada, Yaba and Surulere. The ones that got visa and travelled out cos they had the funds for masters. Although bank gave them cars compulsorily and deducted from their salary, which reduced their spare cash but they were still doing well.

But recieiving same salary after Inflation has hit the country is retrogression not even stagnation.

U aren't getting my point... 2.4m that time is as hard to get as 4 or 5m now.
200k then is like 400k today but which bank pays fresh graduates 400k today.

It's like saying our parents bought brand new cars for N2000 N3000 in the '80s. u think it was easy to get N2,000 that time? The middle class monthly salary was between N50 and N100 that time. So same thing goes now.
Like Tojah has said it's has always been difficult for an average man in every generation. But this our generation, Even rich man they collect wotowoto.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 12:37pm On Sep 22, 2022
pope191:

Muscle seem to consume gas than coro and in place of AC fixing, price comparison need to be in the know too. I just feel those that drive coro kind of have peace of mind more, maybe it is just a false belief.
Yeah, musul will definitely consume more fuel than coro.
It's a 1.8 vs 2.4 assuming it's 4 plugs, but people use big daddy and the musul most time comes with the same size of engine.
As for the AC matter I no fit talk about that one, but not like coro doesn't have it's own wahala it's just a matter of choose your poison wisely

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 12:58pm On Sep 22, 2022
Gudvibes06:

I think if it's aligns well and not making the screeches noise you can go with 6pk just make sure it's well set....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2022
Eyinola1:
lol, e be things ,e be things..indriver don block from crediting my acct, I pay to uber since Sept 3rd uber say d money dey hang for fluttawave grin Street has not been smiling on me but thanks to bolt and some loyal offliners ..e no go better for KUDA Bank shaaa cos they said because i was trying to top up and it was showing error and I tried more than 3 times so the block d card in suspecting of fraudulent act

Omo e be things baba.... Nice one baba... we go survive bubu
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by VaselineCrew: 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2022
Guys please how long after your Bolt inspection expires will they block you?

Like a mugu, I emailed Bolt support to beg them for extension and the guy responded like a robot, saying "YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DRIVE THIS CAR"

I was like, shoooo, na fight

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by VaselineCrew: 2:02pm On Sep 22, 2022
Meanwhile, never use the wrong headlight bulbs for your car

I made a mistake of buying one from Oniru market that looked similar a while back and it didn't quite fit, so I sorta "jerry-rigged" it to fit.

Now that the bulb is out I wanted to replace it and insisted on finding the original bulb, only to realize that the bulb had come out of it's lock position (since it was never actually locked) and burned up the plastic locking housing.

Now the new, correct bulb will not stay and is also falling out and burning the plastic housing, since these bulbs are super duper hot.

Learn from my mistake.

If your car calls for Hb3 bulb, don't use Hb4 or whatever, just cause it looks similar.

Now I'm on to find the low beam lights (d4s), na wa for this avensis sha, all these lights are hard to find.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 3:25pm On Sep 22, 2022
Anybody interested

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenponti(m): 3:27pm On Sep 22, 2022
pope191

How far is this fare fair enough?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2022
Eyinola1:
I forgot to add they Rob me of my phone in abule egba, trying to come back to nairaland boom forgotten password grin just open new acct Eyinola1 old na eyinola grin grin

Damn! sorry bro.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 3:48pm On Sep 22, 2022
Baz001 na big boy, i always knew. Them plenty for this thread but make i dey observe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 4:04pm On Sep 22, 2022
Eyinola1:

Sorry bro,

Abeg how e take happen, make we learn one or two things.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 22, 2022
Pearl1910:

But it is common knowledge that we are experiencing heavy inflation in almost every aspect in this country. Abi Wetin una dey argue about again. undecided

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 22, 2022
Blackbishop:
Toyota Engine which falls into the most durable of all the engine they use will be 2GR, and 2GR engine comes with Toyota Brands like Camry, Sienna Highlander etc. Most 2GR engines comes with oil cooler hose, but at point those hose couldn’t withstand the pressure and gets damaged. Toyota decided to recall brands with the 2GR engine to replace them with metalic pipe.

1st & 2nd picture: That is the hose that comes with 2GR engine 3rd & 4th picture is the recommended specification

This sigular error has led most motorist into damaging thier engine, because the hose can get damaged anytime and mostly while driving and you will never be aware until the engine cracks and knock. I mostly advise car owner using the hose type or who are not aware to always pay attention to the hose and check frequently.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 4:17pm On Sep 22, 2022
Viking07:
But it is common knowledge that we are experiencing heavy inflation in almost every aspect in this country. Abi Wetin una dey argue about again. undecided

Some were implying that Bazoo must have lied.

My argument is that, there is nothing special with an everyday salary earner buying a 2007 camry in 2012. Back then a lot of people were even buying brand new cars.

People are equating it with buying a 2017 car in 2022 but it's not the same.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vicolame(m): 4:59pm On Sep 22, 2022
Muhammadson2020:
. Lol, you had better use your money and research and do better business.

Except u wan to sign up for Feeding money for the rest of your life

The fact the you might have had a bad experience in the line of ehailing business does not give you the right to discourage other please. Hard working people are still making good money daily, collecting and finishing HP and even serious drivers saving up to get their own cars so please if you were not lucky or smart enough abeg na your own don't just jump in to discourage someone like that without even sharing the experience you had. ✌

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:28pm On Sep 22, 2022
Viking07:

I tire for am o.
We are learning everyday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4981) (4982) (4983) (4984) (4985) (4986) (4987) ... (5716) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: GodWealthDbest, efec(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.