Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5006) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4748901 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5003) (5004) (5005) (5006) (5007) (5008) (5009) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 7:21pm On Oct 03, 2022
Viking07:
I agree 100% with this. But e-hailing is not something you want to spend the rest of your life doing. Especially if it is your ONLY source of income.There are so many dynamics. By all means I’d continue to encourage anyone involved to please have a 2nd income, it doesn’t matter how little. Pearl1910 is a good example of diversification. If one door closes you should have another door on standby. I am very sure even Mr Cheerful also have his own side gig. Funny enough it was his dashboard that got me into this hustle. cheesy

Yesterday on my way to the airport, I had a serious accident involving 6 cars after one useless bread seller decided to drive one way at high speed, 4 cars were severely damaged(tumbled upside down), two of us were lucky because 1, we were not on high speed and 2, God just took over my steering I was able to avoid about 3 cars before the final impact. I just parked jeje and called my mechanic cheesy . I’ve spent approximately N156,000 between yesterday and this morning. I’ll be picking up my car in few hours. My bumper, headlights, radiator, condenser, bonnet were all damaged. Las Las my insurance company go still refund me sha.

Sorry about this incidence, thank God that no lives were lost. It is very important to have motor vehicle insurance preferably comprehensive.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 7:36pm On Oct 03, 2022
Is the new port novo uber package tempting for Bolt fan boys?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:57pm On Oct 03, 2022
MoonlightDrive:
Is the new port novo uber package tempting for Bolt fan boys?

No real change, just a play of figures.. Did you notice the caption for ₦/Km was omitted grin?
₦90 extra for 1 hour of traffic and AC . embarassed. Hollandia mini has jumped from ₦200 to ₦250.. I don't want to talk about "happy hour" ..

InDriver has a better package.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 8:00pm On Oct 03, 2022

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 10:52pm On Oct 03, 2022
CheerfulGiver:

Cheerfulgiver just dey use Indriver chuk everybody eye grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 11:53pm On Oct 03, 2022
Felicity001:

Lost of memory due to overdose of marijuana, scunte and other hard drugs.

You leave an item on my car? I'm never lifting a finger to make any contact, neither I'm returning any item without a double charge. How do I know you're the real owner if you don't initiate a contact?

The last time I return some pairs of "shakomendes" glasses all I got was it took you days returning it, not even thank you.

Forget your item and don't make a contact? I dash it out if I don't have a need for it.

Simple
Your hoodlumism is on the highest leverl - the highest in the room. grin
But seriously, your own way no bad at all.
Imagine, me and the brotherman agreed to meet at my area yesterday (Sunday) to receive the item - you no go believe; I call him number tire, not reachable. I sent him text message, him no respond till this very moment. grin
Las las, na dispatch rider him go send to come pick the stuff. I ain't calling/texting him again. sad
Much respect, boss.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 11:56pm On Oct 03, 2022
Felicity001:

Fear highness but never you forget that God is the most highgrin
grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 12:18am On Oct 04, 2022
tojahh:

No one in Nigeria does just one job... Even the President is also the Minister of Petroleum.

A while ago many of you wanna to eat Baz001 when he said it's not sustainable, today eyes don clear just after only 7 months of driving on ehailing.

Experience they say it’s the best teacher…
A whole Dru.kweku went from 5fleets of cars to no car on the platform after how many years.

December will soon come and dashboards will be flying in n out grin

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Impulse80(m): 5:50am On Oct 04, 2022
BAZ001:

Experience they say it’s the best teacher…
A whole Dru.kweku went from 5fleets of cars to no car on the platform after how many years.

December will soon come and dashboards will be flying in n out grin

Na E-hailing give you part of the money wey you use go abroad, no lie. I remember you saying that people earning 100k per month are better than drivers on E-hailing platforms.

Be honest with people my nigga.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 9:01am On Oct 04, 2022
Wetin dey cause traffic on 3MB? sad

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 10:10am On Oct 04, 2022
Glithronix:
Wetin dey cause traffic on 3MB? sad

Na mammy water association dey do campaign for emilokan.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:15am On Oct 04, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:

Cheerfulgiver just dey use Indriver chuk everybody eye grin grin grin
Truth no dey hide. I hate rubbish.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:16am On Oct 04, 2022
Neck pressing consistency

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:19am On Oct 04, 2022
Impulse80:

Na E-hailing give you part of the money wey you use go abroad, no lie. I remember you saying that people earning 100k per month are better than drivers on E-hailing platforms.

And that was when he was actively waking up by 4am daily, getting home 12am driving on the same ehailing instead of looking for a 100k per month job. If I insult people, it's always for a reason.

I have been vindicated.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 12:45pm On Oct 04, 2022
Impulse80:

Shhhhhh lipsrsealed who talk say ehailing give am one naira? undecided

Weren’t you not here when he was selling all his household properties one by one with his other moniker to take and complete his money for japa? shocked

The only money ehailing was giving him was chop money grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 16inchdick: 1:03pm On Oct 04, 2022
CheerfulGiver:
And that was when he was actively waking up by 4am daily, getting home 12am driving on the same ehailing instead of looking for a 100k per month job. If I insult people, it's always for a reason.

I have been vindicated.

Abeg bro how many hours do you do everyday to make 30k ?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2022
Impulse80:

God will bless cornner44 for me, even though I want Mohammedson to deal with him on behalf of me and Dru… grin

Ehailing was used to pay bills, food to eat and car maintenance.
If I get 100k job in Nigeria, I would have been driving bolt only on weekends and will never resign.

Google how much be flight ticket now and see if ordinary ehailing driver can afford it. People working in big coys will still sell property to relocate abroad.
By d time u convert millions of Naira to dollars and aboki give you dollars you go hate Buhari the more.

I’m not talking down on the job, stop twisting my words, I’m only saying don’t sleep in it, you can’t break even or sustain a family with it.
Na job wey no dey make some of us drive olosho up & down.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 1:18pm On Oct 04, 2022
CheerfulGiver:

I have been vindicated.

My brother don’t mind them. They think every job is the same. As a new employee, with below 3 years experience unless you’re into oil firms, politics or Infotech and working for an overseas coy you can’t earn the type of cash that e hailing gives you.

True getting a job is good but before you start achieving you must have worked for some amount of years and taking extra courses first to climb the career ladder. I know people in the banking industry that have worked for donkey years yet earn peanuts with the hope that once they retire they will receive gratuity. Even government workers don’t earn that much but hope for pensions and bonuses.

You drive on inDriver and make approximately N30k every single day, if you keep it up for one month that’s at least N500k in your bank as savings and this is as someone who has no prior job experience or taking extra career courses or calling someone ‘yes sir’ as a servant

I know someone who just landed a job in the IT department of a new generation bank and his total pay is approximately N400k (without subtracting tax, loans etc). This person will buy food for his family, fuel for gen, pay monthly utility bills and other personal overhead like data subscriptions, groceries, laundry etc even before he can start looking to save for rent, kids school fees, vehicle purchase, landed property, family and friends emergency monetary help, medical bills etc. and the worst is that due to the economic situation of the country and it’s draconian policies you can get laid off or retrenched at any time cry

My brother . . . Which is now the rat race between e hailing and an entry job in Nigeria? undecided

Asides from unforeseen incidents in ehailing like Lastma/task force impounding your vehicle, accidents, periodic maintenance or license renewal what else is stopping you from making that money on the road ?

Let’s say you just graduated, found a job in a bank, they are paying you N250k a month after taxes, you then decide to park you car in the company garage from 7am till 5pm all because someone tells you that it’s better to have a salaried job than drive on ehailing full time , you then close from work and say you will still drive a little after working till like 9pm before heading home and make an extra N10k or thereabouts from it to add to your salary daily.

N10k in 30 days is N300k plus your salary of N250k = N550k (before tax). Now start subtracting your overhead as I mentioned above (feeding, maintenance, savings etc) and how much are you then left with? meanwhile the person who graduated and used his vehicle strictly for e hailing full time has already saved N500k after all expenses undecided

You who is working and driving will struggle for years on the job to progressively clinch promotions to increase your basic salary (an increase of less than N50k at most per promotion) while the guy driving manages to make the same approximate pay month-in and out and is able to purchase his new cars in a few months, pay his rent in a few months, buy his lands in a few months, start building in a few months etc so far his health and zeal on the road allows for it

See, the only people I know who will never work at a job and consider driving part time on ehailing (if they had the opportunity) are those who earn roughly N500k and above OR they just don’t fancy moving the whole of Lagos upandan.

I’m not advocating for people to resign from their jobs oh, I’m just pointing out some scenarios that are in line with reality. Do what works for you and try to make hay while the sun shines.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 1:25pm On Oct 04, 2022
BAZ001:

God will bless cornner44 for me, even though I want Mohammedson to deal with him on behalf of me and Dru… grin

Shhhh lipsrsealed

bazoo na wah you oh, small - small dey mention me with that terrorist naw cry

abeg, I nor want make person halla ’Allah u ak BOOM ‘ ontop my head for here oh

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 1:41pm On Oct 04, 2022
Conner44:

My brother don’t mind them. They think every job is the same. As a new employee, with below 3 years experience unless you’re into oil firms, politics or Infotech and working for an overseas coy you can’t earn the type of cash that e hailing gives you.

True getting a job is good but before you start achieving you must have worked for some amount of years and taking extra courses first to climb the career ladder. I know people in the banking industry that have worked for donkey years yet earn peanuts with the hope that once they retire they will receive gratuity. Even government workers don’t earn that much but hope for pensions and bonuses.

You drive on inDriver and make approximately N30k every single day, if you keep it up for one month that’s at least N500k in your bank as savings and this is as someone who has no prior job experience or taking extra career courses or calling someone ‘yes sir’ as a servant

I know someone who just landed a job in the IT department of a new generation bank and his total pay is approximately N400k (without subtracting tax, loans etc). This person will buy food for his family, fuel for gen, pay monthly utility bills and other personal overhead like data subscriptions, groceries, laundry etc even before he can start looking to save for rent, kids school fees, vehicle purchase, landed property, family and friends emergency monetary help, medical bills etc. and the worst is that due to the economic situation of the country and it’s draconian policies you can get laid off or retrenched at any time cry

My brother . . . Which is now the rat race between e hailing and an entry job in Nigeria? undecided

Asides from unforeseen incidents in ehailing like Lastma/task force impounding your vehicle, accidents, periodic maintenance or license renewal what else is stopping you from making that money on the road ?

Let’s say you just graduated, found a job in a bank, they are paying you N250k a month after taxes, you then decide to park you car in the company garage from 7am till 5pm all because someone tells you that it’s better to have a salaried job than drive on ehailing full time , you then close from work and say you will still drive a little after working till like 9pm before heading home and make an extra N10k or thereabouts from it to add to your salary daily.

N10k in 30 days is N300k plus your salary of N250k = N550k (before tax). Now start subtracting your overhead as I mentioned above (feeding, maintenance, savings etc) and how much are you then left with? meanwhile the person who graduated and used his vehicle strictly for e hailing full time has already saved N500k after all expenses undecided

You who is working and driving will struggle for years on the job to progressively clinch promotions to increase your basic salary (an increase of less than N50k at most per promotion) while the guy driving manages to make the same approximate pay month-in and out and is able to purchase his new cars in a few months, pay his rent in a few months, buy his lands in a few months, start building in a few months etc so far his health and zeal on the road allows for it

See, the only people I know who will never work at a job and consider driving part time on ehailing (if they had the opportunity) are those who earn roughly N500k and above OR they just don’t fancy moving the whole of Lagos upandan.

I’m not advocating for people to resign from their jobs oh, I’m just pointing out some scenarios that are in line with reality. Do what works for you and try to make hay while the sun shines.

I don laugh tire. This guy is so far from reality and is living in dreamland.

You mean someone will work in the office from 7am to 5pm, he will still drive between 5 and 9pm and make a net of 10k in that time frame. grin grin. He will also do it consistently for 30 days a month. Hahahaha

Let's leave that one first. Someone drives from 5am to 10pm (17 hours) and makes 30k net according to you but someone who drives 4 hours will between 5 and 9pm will make 10k net. You need to collect your change from your maths teacher.

You say the salary earner can get laid off at any time, very true but what happens if the salary earner and bolt driver fall sick. Most standard organizations will continue to pay his salary for 6 months at least while the bolt driver will be left to his own fate.

I also like how you mentioned that most people start from low paying jobs but conveniently forgot to mention that most drivers also don't sart out with their own vehicles.

I'm really curious though, ehaling is this sweet and can give you a savings of 500k monthly. Why have you not resigned your job to drive on ehaling grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 2:00pm On Oct 04, 2022
kanuisagoat:

I don laugh tire. This guy is so far from reality and is living in dreamland.

You mean someone will work in the office from 7am to 5pm, he will still drive between 5 and 9pm and make a net of 10k in that time frame. grin grin. He will also do it consistently for 30 days a month. Hahahaha

Let's leave that one first. Someone drives from 5am to 10pm (17 hours) and makes 30k net according to you but someone who drives 4 hours will between 5 and 9pm will make 10k net. You need to collect your change from your maths teacher.

You say the salary earner can get laid off at any time, very true but what happens if the salary earner and bolt driver fall sick. Most standard organizations will continue to pay his salary for 6 months at least while the bolt driver will be left to his own fate.

I also like how you mentioned that most people start from low paying jobs but conveniently forgot to mention that most drivers also don't sart out with their own vehicles.

I'm really curious though, ehaling is this sweet and can give you a savings of 500k monthly. Why have you not resigned your job to drive on ehaling grin

See you grin I was even generous in saying the worker will earn that N10k after working hours till he goes home lol , so if we’re being realistic he will earn circa N5k abi? Isn’t it even a worse scenario than I initially painted? undecided

True most drivers don’t start out with their own vehicles, they are the exception. I was generally speaking of someone with a vehicle in my example above.

About falling sick yes that’s true too, everyone needs down time and even official leave (vacations) which the e hailing driver has no luxury of BUT the savings he had made for the months he was actively on duty should be able to cover for it. How many jobs can even allow you to be ill for up to a month at a stretch and still retain you? Except you’re pregnant or have some rare disease I don’t see how it’s possible especially if you’re an entry staff.

Maybe it’s simply because I’m chopping salary of N500k and above cool OR I cannot come and be moving the whole of Lagos upandan wink Choose one kiss

Although I’m looking towards December dashboard here . . . It will be another opportunity to piissssss wink

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 2:10pm On Oct 04, 2022
16inchdick:

Btw 15 to 20 mins

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 16inchdick: 2:56pm On Oct 04, 2022
Barbiturate:

Btw 15 to 20 mins

The question wasn't for you bro you should have just passed than sounding sarcastic
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 3:53pm On Oct 04, 2022
Barbiturate:

Btw 15 to 20 mins

Who offend barbiturate grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fk001(m): 4:10pm On Oct 04, 2022
BAZ001:

Ehailing was used to pay bills, food to eat and car maintenance.
If I get 100k job in Nigeria, I would have been driving bolt only on weekends and will never resign.

Google how much be flight ticket now and see if ordinary ehailing driver can afford it. People working in big coys will still sell property to relocate abroad.
By d time u convert millions of Naira to dollars and aboki give you dollars you go hate Buhari the more.

I’m not talking down on the job, stop twisting my words, I’m only saying don’t sleep in it, you can’t break even or sustain a family with it.
Na job wey no dey make some of us drive olosho up & down.

You are always saying the truth bro. Even though many people wants to argue with you but when reality hits them their eyes will clear.

Don't be tired of spelling out the gospel truth.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fk001(m): 4:16pm On Oct 04, 2022
Conner44:

See, the only people I know who will never work at a job and consider driving part-time on ehailing (if they had the opportunity) are those who earn roughly N500k and above OR they just don’t fancy moving the whole of Lagos upandan.

The problem is you are just short sighted you don't look at the long-run scenario. I know many people that are working and with time they climb up to the top hierarchy and so their salary increased.

Muhamdson, Dru and so many others cannot say the same about Ehailing

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 4:22pm On Oct 04, 2022
ReadaDream:
AC man. It's attached to the Evaporator.

They call it Evaporator temperature sensor or thermistor.

You can go to Ibidun street at Ojuelegba, ask for AZ AC.

09078585789 that's one of his boys no. He has a high-end scanner that he'll use to scan for codes.

I went there today. They scanned it. Its the compressor. They said I'll change it and also change the condenser. They'll give off the gas and refill. Everything plus workmanship 140k!!!

I just fixed the engine few months back cos it shorts oil. Changed rings and some other parts around it. Spent about 150k.

Na like this I go take hit the millions ba?!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 4:25pm On Oct 04, 2022
16inchdick:

The question wasn't for you bro you should have just passed than sounding sarcastic

Sorry bro. I'm not being sarcastic. That's what I deduced. I do about 10/11 hours and I get btw 15 to 20k. So I guess to do 30k and above, you need to do 15 hrs and above
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 4:26pm On Oct 04, 2022
YeyeGbami:

Who offend barbiturate grin

Nobody offend me o smiley

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:36pm On Oct 04, 2022
Barbiturate:

Btw 15 to 20 mins

Lolz...
I want to believe u mean 15 to 20hrs
Cos I don't know u to be related to vawulence grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 16inchdick: 4:59pm On Oct 04, 2022
Barbiturate:

Btw 15 to 20 mins

Sorry bro as I saw 15-20minutes and I know that's not possible. The reason for my reply sha . We good bro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2022
16inchdick:

10 - 15 depending on traffic conditions

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5003) (5004) (5005) (5006) (5007) (5008) (5009) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.