Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5004) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4766348 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5001) (5002) (5003) (5004) (5005) (5006) (5007) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 8:28am On Oct 02, 2022
Everywhere RED.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 10:15am On Oct 02, 2022
All these oloshos wey go book ride, when u arrive, they will still delay u. Abi na der service charge or one for road dey cause am? angry

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:24am On Oct 02, 2022
Glithronix:

Boss. grin
I sent the rider an SMS today and fortunately, he finally called me and me I no fit reach am on that same number. sad
I no understand why people go dey use some sort of restrictions on their line. sad
Well, he called and he was even asking if he forgot anything. He was not even sure of the pickup point, cos he was mentioning different location. It's obvious that he moves around a lot. He now asked what was the item self, I told him a vacuum cleaner, he was not even sure he forgot anything like that.
I think he just came back to his memory and was like: "oooooh, it's true oooh. I had a vacuum cleaner in your booth and I didn't even know I forgot it in your car".
He now mentioned the address I picked him and the destination I took him to, then I confirmed it.
He said anytime I'm on island, I should help him drop it at his home where I dropped him that day.
He appreciated it.
So, anytime I'm close to his place, I would drop it with his gateman.
Much respect, boss.

Lost of memory due to overdose of marijuana, scunte and other hard drugs.

You leave an item on my car? I'm never lifting a finger to make any contact, neither I'm returning any item without a double charge. How do I know you're the real owner if you don't initiate a contact?

The last time I return some pairs of "shakomendes" glasses all I got was it took you days returning it, not even thank you.

Forget your item and don't make a contact? I dash it out if I don't have a need for it.

Simple

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 11:02am On Oct 02, 2022
YeyeGbami:
Everywhere RED.

This bella na weyrey, use surge lure me out. All of a sudden app turned white.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:01pm On Oct 02, 2022
Viking07:
I don’t think any sane person would argue with this comment to be honest. I know the situation in this country is at a critical level but this particular hustle is not sustainable on the long run give or take 5yrs max you should have moved to something else or grown to another hustle.

People wey do bolt and gather the funds japa, some do bolt use the funds get another car and give it out. Some don’t even drive again they collect remittance from their drivers ( these examples were from people who did this years ago when the price was still reasonable o not now wey inflation don scatter everywhere ). All these are upgrades. The dumbest decision anyone would make is to feel relaxed because of the 10k you think you make daily.

But if you say your destiny na to drive bolt till death do you part, please have something as a backup, if not for yourself, for your family.

My 1.9 surge.

If there's one thing life has thaught me, is to "know and understand they self". Never use another man's time to judge your case, unless your time is not correct. I say this because of the syndrome out there and it is imperative to know. 1. Japa have levels and it is not everyone that is going to say, how they Japa. 2. Some peeps would have been better off here. Meaning, some will end up stucked out there. Better to look before leaping.

Elastic limit time? Hmm! Reminds me of
Hooke's Law, which states that the extension of a spring is proportional to the load that is applied to it. A variety of materials obey this law as long as the load does not exceed the material's elastic limit. We once said drivers don't have money and some even borrow to fix their car. I know a driver that has spend 5 years on and off in this hustle without a car of his own. These things happen, the illusion of when the price is better is just from the onset. The prices are better now compare to 2 or 3 years ago, when Berger to V.I is 2500/2800 and chevron from mainland is 4k. Then 20k in a day feels almost like a miracle, but today is nothing. The only thing changed is inflation and demand rising to meet, if not exceed income. In 2019/2020 if you can get a corolla for 2.4 million, today you will add 1m to get that same brand of car. Space of 2/3 years... that's how bad things are today.

When we say people increase fleets from proceed. It is 100% possible, but are the fleets toks? Sometimes we have to come honestly open to each other. You have driven for 8months to a year I guess. Can you really beat your chest about saving 1.2 million from the proceed of this hustle? I am not saying we can't get funds to invest in this business, but I feel it is not everyone that will understand the way of how to operate this business successfully. Tojah said silent point the other day... about taking a car and saving much from it. I have always been of the opinion of doing same. Find a Toks on rental, do at least 120k every week, give owner 30k and the rest is mine. This tin is simple, guys on rental seems to enjoy more, in most cases more than car owner. If there's issue, call car owner to return the 30k you just gave him, because there's a need to fix the car.

As much as i wont employ anyone to spend is life on a particular thing, almost everyone is throwin their dice and taking chances to better their lots now, I really wish we could just see this hustle relatively as heaven race that is so personal. Some will make it and some won't. It is now left for an individual to pick side.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 12:47pm On Oct 02, 2022
pope191:

If there's one thing life has thaught me, is to [b]"know and understand thy self.[/b]Never use another man's time to judge your case, unless your time is not correct. I say this because of the syndrome out there and it is imperative to know. 1. Japa have levels and it is not everyone that is going to say, how they Japa. 2. Some peeps would have been better off here. Meaning, some will end up stucked out there. Better to look before leaping.

Hooke's Law, which states that the extension of a spring is proportional to the load that is applied to it. A variety of materials obey this law as long as the load does not exceed the material's elastic limit. We once said drivers don't have money and some even borrow to fix their car. A know a driver that has spend 5 years on and off in this hustle without a car of his own. These things happen, the illusion of when the price is better is just from the onset. The prices are better now compare to 2 or 3 years ago, when Berger to V.I is 2500/2800 and chevron from mainland is 4k. Then 20k in a day feels almost like a miracle, but today is nothing. The only thing changed is inflation and demand rising to meet, if not exceed income. In 2019/2020 if you can get a corolla for 2.4 million, today you will add 1m to get that same brand of car. Space of 2/3 years... that's how bad it things are today.

When we say people increase fleets from proceed. It is 100% possible, but are the fleets toks? Sometimes we have to come honestly open to each other. You have driven for 8months to a year I guess. Can you really beat your chest about saving 1.2 million from the proceed of this hustle? I am not saying we can't get funds to invest in this business, but I feel it is not everyone that will understand the m?way of how to operate this business successfully. Tojah said silent point the other day... about taking a car and saving much from it. I have always been of the opinion of doing same. Find a Toks on rantel, do at least 120k every week, give owner 30k and the rest is mine. This tin is simple, guys on rental seems to enjoy more, in most cases more than car owner. If there's issue, call car owner to return the 30k you just gave him, because there's a need to fix the car.

As much as i wont employ anyone to spend is life on a particular thing, almost everyone is throwin their dice and taking chances to better their lots now, I really wish we could just see this hustle relatively as heaven race that is so personal. Some will make it and some won't. It is now left for an individual to pick side.

Truth. People are different. That it worked for Mr. A, doesn't mean it will for Mr. B and vice versa. Keyword: KNOW AND UNDERSTAND THEY SELF

Some people just project their own situation and circumstances on others and imagine the same outcome. Yinmu.u

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2022
Long and short of the matter is not everybody will/can succeed in Ehailing. Like every other business; there are failures, people that just get by and people that hit jackpot.
Same business someone is using to cashout millions yearly the next man in the same business may just be looking morose and frustrated.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2022
pope191:

I agree 100% with this. But e-hailing is not something you want to spend the rest of your life doing. Especially if it is your ONLY source of income.There are so many dynamics. By all means I’d continue to encourage anyone involved to please have a 2nd income, it doesn’t matter how little. Pearl1910 is a good example of diversification. If one door closes you should have another door on standby. I am very sure even Mr Cheerful also have his own side gig. Funny enough it was his dashboard that got me into this hustle. cheesy

Yesterday on my way to the airport, I had a serious accident involving 6 cars after one useless bread seller decided to drive one way at high speed, 4 cars were severely damaged(tumbled upside down), two of us were lucky because 1, we were not on high speed and 2, God just took over my steering I was able to avoid about 3 cars before the final impact. I just parked jeje and called my mechanic cheesy . I’ve spent approximately N156,000 between yesterday and this morning. I’ll be picking up my car in few hours. My bumper, headlights, radiator, condenser, bonnet were all damaged. Las Las my insurance company go still refund me sha.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2022
Viking07:
I agree 100% with this. But e-hailing is not something you want to spend the rest of your life doing. Especially if it is your ONLY source of income.There are so many dynamics. By all means I’d continue to encourage anyone involved to please have a 2nd income, it doesn’t matter how little. Pearl1910 is a good example of diversification. If one door closes you should have another door on standby. I am very sure even Mr Cheerful also have his own side gig. Funny enough it was his dashboard that got me into this hustle. cheesy

Yesterday on my way to the airport, I had a serious accident involving 6 cars after one useless bread seller decided to drive one way at high speed, 4 cars were severely damaged(tumbled upside down), two of us were lucky because 1, we were not on high speed and 2, God just took over my steering I was able to avoid about 3 cars before the final impact. I just parked jeje and called my mechanic cheesy . I’ve spent approximately N156,000 between yesterday and this morning. I’ll be picking up my car in few hours. My bumper, headlights, radiator, condenser, bonnet were all damaged. Las Las my insurance company go still refund me sha.
having different sources income should be paramount no matter the sector you find yourself even dangote and the likes get different sources of income... Sorry for your loss better days ahead..

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2022
Viking07:
I

Sorry Chief...thank God u aren't hurt

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 2:50pm On Oct 02, 2022
pope191:

If there's one thing life has thaught me, is to "know and understand thy self". Never use another man's time to judge your case, unless your time is not correct. I say this because of the syndrome out there and it is imperative to know. 1. Japa have levels and it is not everyone that is going to say, how they Japa. 2. Some peeps would have been better off here. Meaning, some will end up stucked out there. Better to look before leaping.

Hooke's Law, which states that the extension of a spring is proportional to the load that is applied to it. A variety of materials obey this law as long as the load does not exceed the material's elastic limit. We once said drivers don't have money and some even borrow to fix their car. A know a driver that has spend 5 years on and off in this hustle without a car of his own. These things happen, the illusion of when the price is better is just from the onset. The prices are better now compare to 2 or 3 years ago, when Berger to V.I is 2500/2800 and chevron from mainland is 4k. Then 20k in a day feels almost like a miracle, but today is nothing. The only thing changed is inflation and demand rising to meet, if not exceed income. In 2019/2020 if you can get a corolla for 2.4 million, today you will add 1m to get that same brand of car. Space of 2/3 years... that's how bad it things are today.

When we say people increase fleets from proceed. It is 100% possible, but are the fleets toks? Sometimes we have to come honestly open to each other. You have driven for 8months to a year I guess. Can you really beat your chest about saving 1.2 million from the proceed of this hustle? I am not saying we can't get funds to invest in this business, but I feel it is not everyone that will understand the m?way of how to operate this business successfully. Tojah said silent point the other day... about taking a car and saving much from it. I have always been of the opinion of doing same. Find a Toks on rantel, do at least 120k every week, give owner 30k and the rest is mine. This tin is simple, guys on rental seems to enjoy more, in most cases more than car owner. If there's issue, call car owner to return the 30k you just gave him, because there's a need to fix the car.

Trade secret!!!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2022
Viking07 sorry bro. Thank God for insurance

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 3:11pm On Oct 02, 2022
@ Viking07.. Sorry for the loss.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 3:16pm On Oct 02, 2022
I miss Abuja sometimes because of the roads and the calmness during the weekends.
BTW, there's no road in Lagos that can match up with Lugbe - Airport road,considering the huge IGR Lagos boasts of...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 3:52pm On Oct 02, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:

Truth. People are different. That it worked for Mr. A, doesn't mean it will for Mr. B and vice versa. Keyword: KNOW AND UNDERSTAND THEY SELF

Some people just project their own situation and circumstances on others and imagine the same outcome. Yinmu.u

Exactly boss... I look away from Cheerfulgiver dashboard when I realised I can't match his strength constantly. It took me understandin his work pattern to know that ain't for me, unless I am chasing urgent need. Let's assume 5am to 11pm for 6 days. Teri gbosa for cheerful grin omo x 3 e knor easy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 4:19pm On Oct 02, 2022
Viking07:

Thank God you're safe.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 4:23pm On Oct 02, 2022
pope191:

Exactly boss... I look away from Cheerfulgiver dashboard when I realised I can't match his strength constantly. It took me understandin his work pattern to know that ain't for me, unless I am chasing urgent need. Let's assume 5am to 11pm for 6 days. Teri gbosa for cheerful grin omo x 3 e knor easy.

E no easy o! Six days, straight! But cheerful sef know weytin dey pursue am and weytin him dey pursue. Every man with his own cross. If person come talk say you wan do 1m in a month come dey chase like cheerful, do only two weeks come collapse na him own o! Cheerful fit motivate but Omo person gats understand him own limits.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:23pm On Oct 02, 2022
Viking07:
I agree 100% with this. But e-hailing is not something you want to spend the rest of your life doing. Especially if it is your ONLY source of income.[/b]There are so many dynamics. By all means I’d continue to encourage anyone involved to please have a 2nd income, it doesn’t matter how little. Pearl1910 is a good example of diversification. If one door closes you should have another door on standby. I am very sure even Mr Cheerful also have his own side gig. [b]Funny enough it was his dashboard that got me into this hustle. cheesy

First, let me say sorry about the unforseen accident and let's thank God for life.

Baz001 will not like the dashboard thing grin

About being the only thing? I'll say life happen, we just have to take chances when we have the opportunity. I don't know if ehailing and logistics are the same, but I think it all depend from the angle will choose to look at things from. There's money in transportation, no doubt. Outside money, we were meant to understand we can barely grow in anything we do, unless we are passionate about that which we've found ourselves doing. That takes me to ABC transport and Co... before birth I think, these peeps have been in business and it doesn't seem as if they are going anywhere. Here is were the personal drift comes, I know what I want for myself, I have conceived the idea in my head, it is just for me to birth it. Note: I am not talking about me, but speaking generally. Hardly any good thing comes easy or doesn't have a stall, read the story of Wally Blume or the owner of Kentucky Fried Chicken. These peeps spend time to built their businesses and what they left today is nothing but Legacy. We just have this way of pushing things that if you don't achieve this or that in your 20s or 30s, one is already a failure. More of the reason we have people running fast to no where, dipping in all manner of things due to pressure of time no deh.

Saying the above, diversity is fun and a way to feel safe. Regardless, we can come, saw, conquer and move to other things. I guess that's life and living. We grow and gain more knowledge by exploring, that doesn't mean one can't stick to transportation and be renowned. Priority, focus and right decision is the key.

Sorry again for the accident.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2022
YeyeGbami:

Trade secret!!!

Nah so

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 5:39pm On Oct 02, 2022
computerglobal:

Instant Comprehensive Vehicle History Report

Recovery Of Lost Custom Papers(Instant)

Custom Duty Verification((Instant)

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away..

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 7:28pm On Oct 02, 2022
pope191:

First, let me say sorry about the unforseen accident and let's thank God for life.

Baz001 will not like the dashboard thing grin

Saying the above, diversity is fun and a way to feel safe. Regardless, we can come, saw, conquer and move to other things. I guess that's life and living. We grow and gain more knowledge by exploring, that doesn't mean one can't stick to transportation and be renowned. Priority, focus and right decision is the key.

Sorry again for the accident.

No one in Nigeria does just one job... Even the President is also the Minister of Petroleum.

A while ago many of you wanna to eat Baz001 when he said it's not sustainable, today eyes don clear just after only 7 months of driving on ehailing.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:04pm On Oct 02, 2022
tojahh:

No one in Nigeria does just one job... Even the President is also the Minister of Petroleum.

A while ago many of you wanna to eat Baz001 when he said it's not sustainable, today eyes don clear just after only 7 months of driving on ehailing.

What's ur definition of sustainable?

I think u guys just use this word to give urselves excuses.

But wetin concern me...I no dey swallow Panadol for una headache again. As for me, its even getting better and better

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 8:08pm On Oct 02, 2022
Pearl1910:

What's ur definition of sustainable?

I think u guys just use this word to give urselves excuses.

But wetin concern me...I no dey swallow Panadol for una headache again. As for me, its even getting better and better

Stick to the ones that concerns you.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2022
tojahh:

Stick to the ones that concerns you.

Yeye dey smell

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 8:28pm On Oct 02, 2022
Pearl1910:

Yeye dey smell

E shock you say I no get your time? grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by RuneKingThor: 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2022
[quote author=YeyeGbami post=117183986][/quote]
Man is truly nothing without violence grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:04pm On Oct 02, 2022
tojahh:

E shock you say I no get your time? grin

Dunno what u r talking about o. Me no dey find trouble teletele

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 9:08pm On Oct 02, 2022
Pearl1910:

Dunno what u r talking about o. Me no dey find trouble teletele

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:17pm On Oct 02, 2022
Viking07:

Sorry bro.

Within 2 Weeks you've spent almost 400k fixing your car.
This what we're talking about.

Imagine someone without insurance, who's driven for 8months and has managed to save about 500k within this time.

The money would just finish and the person is back to square one.

Someone drove for 10days the other day and he's already feeling like an experienced uber driving expert.

I wanted to quote him, but he would not get my point.

Sorry once again brother.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
cc:
viking07,
mejai,
kanuisagoat,
pope191,
pearl1910,
donfortune,
readadream,
baz001,
cheerfulgiver,

DNA test result don show. Johnnyman's wife is a LovePeddler. Make una check NL frontpage.

One of the hundred reasons why marriage dey fear me...especially marrying a Nigerian lady. Las las person like me na to adopt children or marry oyibo lady...

DEATH SENTENCE TO ALL PATERNITY FRAUDSTERS.

Lol

This should not bother you. You just have to marry right. Believe me, even in this age, people still marry right.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by RuneKingThor: 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2022
Viking07:

Wow I'm glad it wasn't too serious and I'm glad you doing fine too. I hope the bread seller was arrested by the police?

And lastly what insurance company do you use? And how much do you pay them?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:36pm On Oct 02, 2022
Viking07:
I don’t think any sane person would argue with this comment to be honest. I know the situation in this country is at a critical level but this particular hustle is not sustainable on the long run give or take 5yrs max you should have moved to something else or grown to another hustle.

People wey do bolt and gather the funds japa, some do bolt use the funds get another car and give it out. Some don’t even drive again they collect remittance from their drivers ( these examples were from people who did this years ago when the price was still reasonable o not now wey inflation don scatter everywhere ). All these are upgrades. The dumbest decision anyone would make is to feel relaxed because of the 10k you think you make daily.
grin
But if you say your destiny na to drive bolt till death do you part, please have something as a backup, if not for yourself, for your family.

My 1.9 surge.

Ahn Ahn bros na u write this ?
Pls forgive me, for everything have been saying about you on this thread .
From today you are one of the wisest veterans.
You be my guy grin not matter what they say I dey feel you.

Pearl still argue am the guy don loose him sanity grin

Sorry about the accident … it’s part of the unforeseen situations. But with life there is hope.

This too shall pass

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5001) (5002) (5003) (5004) (5005) (5006) (5007) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: kayol4life, Abdulstoic and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.