Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,874 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5042) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4797348 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5039) (5040) (5041) (5042) (5043) (5044) (5045) ... (5699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by saysugar(m): 6:35pm On Oct 30, 2022
jaymejate:

Anyway, concerning your enquiry; I think the response you will get from most people here is that Volkswagen, especially Passats, has electrical problems.
Jetta is good for the job. It is strong. Just make sure you get a very good Volkswagen mechanic and rewire incase the wiring problem starts. Itire is where you can find the car parts.
That's the little I know of the two types.
thanks u try, bro which car u use or which one u can recommend
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 7:10pm On Oct 30, 2022
Gentlelife50:

Yeye people

na 25K gross dem promise dia papa, two trips i don already pass 10K. I siddon inside surge nobody gree request naso i go indrive.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2022
E be like say bolt dey plan to employ their family as drivers once they block everyone...

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 7:56pm On Oct 30, 2022
VaselineCrew:

Why na?

Abi make I drop email?

You guys should not be shell fish on this thread ooo, let us all fish

Abeg once you get the new format, pls drop am for my email

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by saysugar(m): 8:25pm On Oct 30, 2022
I heard bolt and all this e-hail don’t accept hatchback car? Is it true? I don’t Really like long cars (saloon) I like hatchback or mini mpv and does manual or automatic matter??
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Jexwell(m): 8:46pm On Oct 30, 2022
Brainbox0806:
Will you shut that your blood clots mouth up. Can you give your MB for 25k weekly, now that your cassava has given you a car, try give it out to know the pains owner go through. Lazy boring mofo

Pls I really need car for weekly remittance, have been home for awhile without working, here is my number 08026438966. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:01pm On Oct 30, 2022
YeyeGbami:

na 25K gross dem promise dia papa, two trips i don already pass 10K. I siddon inside surge nobody gree request naso i go indrive.
Lol, dey should just say they are tired of giving drivers bonus than this kolo kolo they are doing

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:02pm On Oct 30, 2022
saysugar:
I heard bolt and all this e-hail don’t accept hatchback car? Is it true? I don’t Really like long cars (saloon) I like hatchback or mini mpv and does manual or automatic matter??
They do accept hatch backs and it doesn't matter if it's manual or auto
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by saysugar(m): 10:12pm On Oct 30, 2022
Gentlelife50:

They do accept hatch backs and it doesn't matter if it's manual or auto
love that reply cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 10:15pm On Oct 30, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:
Hmmm... I was not even been able to come on this thread for more than twice last week.

Last week was my first week driving and it was full of events, learning and adjustments.

I had car issues (my car is not a Tokunbo car) so I spent a large portion of time at the mechanic's place. Car is in good condition now. I also had several bashes in traffic because of my brakes. Brakes are in perfect condition now.

Last Monday, I used rida app because my bolt and Indriver were not yet active. That rida, their prices are too cheap. And pickup distances are too far. Imagine driving 1hr 30mins to pickup a 10mins trip and the app won't tell you 1hr 30mins to pick up it will tell you 10mins. It's when you open the map you will know. At like Ikeja are still better but still, it's shitty app, I had to ditch the it.

Tuesday I drove to bolt office at Lekki to rectify my bolt account. It was as if they won't open the account.

I found a way on Wednesday. Drove to VI and did short short trips. At a point, around 8pm I was tired and hungry, somehow, I had been doing card trips so no cash. I parked the car on Muri Okunola street. Trekked and look for GTB withdrew and ate indomie. Trekked back, was still tired feeling sleepy. I started the car it won't start. I just slept in it overnight. The next morning I discovered I had transmission on D not P after I turned off the engine, I put it on P and started engine, it responded at once. My tired was really tired the previous day.

Thursday and Friday, I didn't work. Car was at the mechanic's to fix brakes and some others. I was with them till late at night on the two days.

Yesterday, Saturday was when I now really drove but I got arrested by taskforce at Festac.

Left mechanic's shop around 1pm to start hustle.

First ride took me from Ojodu to Surulere, did many short trips within Surulere and then a trip to Festac.

Had to cough out 50k to have the car released at night. I had already made about 10k between 1pm when I left the mechanic's shop and around 5pm when I was arrested for using one way (ABC Transport Road on Festac) I didn't know that road was one way. ( Me that I've said I won't go on any trip that takes me to Festac. My plan was to drop the riders, go offline and find my way out of there ASAP)

I've realised nothing is in that Festac for me. Na wahala full there.

My partner paid 30k of it. I raised the rest. One Danfo bashed me again at obalende yesterday night.

For me, I see it as paying my dues on the road. I will continue and payback all the money I owe. I strictly need to limit the areas I visit to areas I'm familiar with. In all, I thank God.

I don't think there's anyone here doing the hustle that hasn't faced LASTMA or Taskforce. It's part of the Job.
Inside life.
50k gone for taking one way? No be small.
The only one time I took one-way, which was a funny one at oshodi, as other defaulters were bailing themselves with huge amount of money, na 10k I paid las las, when I no let those uniform men rest.
After then, I never smelt one way. There's almost no one way I don't know, or lemme say I won't quickly notice on mainland + island self. Always use your map to navigate to any location till you get all familiar with the roads.
Those festac uniform men are wicked. Just avoid that axis completely, abeg. Festac wey no even get good exiting road self.
That's why indriver is my best choice. Nowhere on mainland I no know the road conditions, so you're free to choose where you want to go and don't run a fastest finger race.
Though bolt built me, but thanks to indriver, my favourite.
Make indrive quickly get your account active. Indrive doesn't really take long to activate one's account.
Wetin pain me here na the 50k wey those men collected from you.
Any one-way victim (drivers) follow those men dem yarn with confidence, 20k go bail you for it, no matter what.
And be like say u dey wake up too early, na wetin fit dey cause tiredness be that. Me I dey wake up sometimes 8am/9am, start hustling by 9am/10 am and I don enter house before 10pm for night.
All the best, baba.
Much respect, boss.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:24pm On Oct 30, 2022
Pearl1910:

Was it not you that proved that Sangotedo to VI, about 35km trip, is about 6k untampered price on Indrive?
Why are u now saying 5,500 is d ideal price for a 45km trip that will take at least 90mins to complete?

When did I say it's the ideal price? The examples were used as illustrations to help those picking trips fastest fingers, at a glance, to know if a trip has been doctored

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
Bolt is trying to fight back, but it's too late. Indriver has more drivers to fulfill their orders

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
VaselineCrew[/:

I don’t even know what strategy to employ now ooo

I’m just bracing up for the ban, useless people.

The app to me is better than indriver by far, but why they won’t curb their excessive greed and rigidity is what I don’t get.

Useless

Who told you that? Indriver is the new Sheriff in town. I didn't open Bolt app throughout this month,
There is nothing Bolt is offering that Indriver won't give you. Infact with less stress..

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gudvibes06: 10:35pm On Oct 30, 2022
Uncle uche no dull your guy for here oo we dey wait.

Pearl1910:

I get them for my back pocket grin

Another way has been discovered

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lanrexdo(m): 11:32pm On Oct 30, 2022
With less stress!

northbird:

Who told you that? Indriver is the new Sheriff in town. I didn't open Bolt app throughout this month,
There is nothing Bolt is offering that Indriver won't give you. Infact with less stress..

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 11:46pm On Oct 30, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:
Okay, so I have to put this here. I dropped car with partner since Saturday after the whole task force saga at Festac. He asked me to bring the car over that night. We discussed on phone, and he said he's terminated the agreement. (I just let it go because I don't like stress and the car gave issues. I don't know what God is saving me from as I was still within the confines of our agreement).

I had a slight accident with the car last Thursday (I didn't put that here earlier) car brakes were bad and I had to stop but it wasn't working properly so I hit a jeep that stopped suddenly in front of me cos someone ran across the road. I hit brakes but it wasn't sharp enough. Bonnet was bent, so I took car to panel beater and had them straighten the bonnet than fixed the brakes, bought another master cylinder. The whole thing cost me about 48k. AC also stopped working and I asked a rewire to check, he found some worked wires around the brain box, and in the process of opening that area, he mistakenly removed a wire they tied somewhere, previous rewire didn't tape it. After that car refuse to start no supply of fuel from fuel pump. All of that was on a Friday.

Left the car there and went back on Saturday then rewire began to trace, he got the car working again by working his own stuff in the fuse box and started checking AC too, said one wire around the brain box was also not supplying so he bypassed it and worked it out around the fuse box, so AC was working too. I was still thinking later I'll take the car there for him to return everything back to factory settings. Started work around 1pm that last Saturday, by past 5pm when Lastma held me, I had grossed 9800.

I called partner to help out with funds for taskforce that I will refund him. He gave 30k and asked me to sort the rest but I have to take the car to his house. I returned the car and when he came back he said I used the car roughly, I tried explaining that the brakes were bad and the accident was because of the brakes. He said he used it for two weeks before giving it to me, that it was manageable. Well brakes got worse as I kept using. In all, he took back his car. As I am like this I don't even have strength to search for car at the moment.

Felicity told me though, (I had signed the agreement before we discussed) he's got insight. I took a bad car and a bad car is bad for the business.

I'm still paying back some 5ks and 10ks I borrowed though. In all, we move!
Chai! Inside life. I just dey read pages where I left it, na so I jam this your comment.
Nawa oooh. What a bad deal mehn.
Thank God e never reach the serious stage where you would have got hooked in the middle.
A bad car is a bad experience in this hustle oh.
Abeg na peace of mind be the koko oh, make u just relax and sort the pending debts and recover before you start looking out again.
The worst experience is when one falls in the hand of a wrong/bad car, person go regret ever laying his hands on such item.
It is well ooh.
Much respect, baba.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Massab: 11:54pm On Oct 30, 2022
saysugar:

Manual or Auto doesn't matter, it depends on you.
Information about hatchback is a lie as they accept some hatchback like Toyota Matrix, Pontiac Vibe etc

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 11:56pm On Oct 30, 2022
seyicodes:
I don't understand. I passed the test and I am still blocked . How can I do it. I passed the test and I am still getting this
Chairman, don't you have indrive app?
Go and download it and sign up nahhh.
As Una dey take complain about bolt self, when better apps dey outside for Una to use.
Abeg go sign up on indrive and have peace of mind.
Much respect, boss.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 12:13am On Oct 31, 2022
Omoapena:
How can someone cancel trip on bolt without driver score being affected??
The only way is to port to indrive. grin
Much respect, boss.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tsegs: 12:42am On Oct 31, 2022
Good morning, i am a driver with a working bolt, rider, indriver and uber account. I need a car for weekly remittance. I am available please. 07036707328. Over 3 years experience driving on ehailing platforms
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 1:28am On Oct 31, 2022
Glithronix:

Chai! Inside life. I just dey read pages where I left it, na so I jam this your comment.
Nawa oooh. What a bad deal mehn.
Thank God e never reach the serious stage where you would have got hooked in the middle.
A bad car is a bad experience in this hustle oh.
Abeg na peace of mind be the koko oh, make u just relax and sort the pending debts and recover before you start looking out again.
The worst experience is when one falls in the hand of a wrong/bad car, person go regret ever laying his hands on such item.
It is well ooh.
Much respect, baba.

I dey rest like this ehn!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenponti(m): 1:58am On Oct 31, 2022
saysugar:
thanks u try, bro which car u use or which one u can recommend

Buy honda city 05-08 or 09-12 depending on your budget.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:26am On Oct 31, 2022
saysugar:
pls I also need advice on Volkswagen which models is sweetable for e-hail business and what about BMW cars? is BMW 318 fuel efficient?

That BMW 318 aka 3 series you mentioned so enh... I love that car, very fast, strong and rigged, and prestigious as well but the ground clearance is the only wahala be the car is a sport car but in any case I've seen like 4 people using for the hustle but you have to be a lover of car to enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 4:06am On Oct 31, 2022
Last week Thursday an offline client who has booked for some weeks got me into the road and after dropping them off I decided to put in my app and set destination home.

I was at the total filling station at Sura waiting for ride.

A cash trip on Bolt came in to Adeniyi Jones, ikeja. Got to pick it was a delivery of God knows what were in the two cartons and a sack bag, the last said they were book. She loaded them into the boot herself, handed over a piece of paper, "that's the receivers contact, call her when you're there". Okay, I said.

Got back to Sura junction I waited to get a trip on Indriver while my Bolt trip was running on paid waiting.

Got a trip to Ogudu, Ojota for 3.1k I didn't bother bidding I just accepted, drove to Obanlede to PU. Rider came out and we moved.

Started both rides already. Dropped of my passenger and enroute to drop off the package. Got there called the woman I was outside.

She called back saying I'd passed I should come back gate man opened the gate for me to drive in.

Abokina sorry it's past 10pm I don't drive into people's residence not even during the day let alone at this hour, sorry sir. No problem he responded.

Bossy lady was there talking plenty while they offload the bag and cartons, I didn't even answer her.

First thing she asked when I stepped out of the ride was, have you ended the ride? Madam shey you dey whine me ni?? No I should have ended it on 3md, oloshi. I took my phone and ended ride, pop! 5.6k... next was, how many bags is it? I didn't answer.... At this point aboki a d her girl had already taken off 2 of the packages then the mumu, dried boney looking lady said to her girl, bring them down let's count to know if it's complete".

Me, enh!!! me For here I quickly locked my boot... Madam pay me my money b4 you take the last one out.

Madam, started talking plenty again, you refused to enter the compound so I can offload then, you didn't do this and that, won't I count my luggage to know if it's complete? This that!

Madam, by the way, what's inside those bags even, at this point I don provoke... If you can't call your sender and ask her or pay me my money now I'll go into my car and drive away with that remaining luggage in my boot then you'll go get it at Bolt office yourself.

She thought I was joking, she was still talking. Madam you've 5min. I stood by my door waiting, there after like 1min I entered my car.

About 2min the girl came and was begging me to come give her my aza, I stepped out and she was asking of my details from about 10-15 foot distance away, I dropped my kuda account to her she complained. Madam that's the only account I've non other.

She brought out cash, and said, open your boot. I opened and she gave me my money. They carried the last carton out and then I left.

For over 2/3months now I have not driven I've always enjoyed my sanity so I'd forgotten we still have mad riders.

Next time she go behave herself.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:02am On Oct 31, 2022
northbird:
Bolt is trying to fight back, but it's too late. Indriver has more drivers to fulfill their orders

They aren't fighting back o...they are making it even more difficult for drivers.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:49am On Oct 31, 2022
northbird:

When did I say it's the ideal price? The examples were used as illustrations to help those picking trips fastest fingers, at a glance, to know if a trip has been doctored

northbird:
@ Viking07. This is a typical case of fare tampering.
The real fare is the 3rd option circled.
So generally, long distance trips normally hovers around ₦100/km, then 1hr plus is around ₦1000.
ie 45km*100- ₦4500
1hr plus 10mins- ₦1000
Total- ₦5500.

This is just a rough guide esp for Lagos, you will know at a glance if the fare is doctored or not.
For Abuja, you can use the rate of Bolt as a benchmark. That way, you won't rush all trips.

What did u mean by the real fare is the third option circled?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by checky619: 6:45am On Oct 31, 2022
Gone
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by saysugar(m): 6:51am On Oct 31, 2022
Thanks bro
stephenponti:

Buy honda city 05-08 or 09-12 depending on your budget.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by saysugar(m): 6:57am On Oct 31, 2022
Massab:

Manual or Auto doesn't matter, it depends on you.
Information about hatchback is a lie as they accept some hatchback like Toyota Matrix, Pontiac Vibe etc
thanks for this, but if you are to choose between manual car or automatic of same model car which one is perfect for the job sir, As u know matrix get manual and automatic same as Peugeot 207
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by saysugar(m): 7:08am On Oct 31, 2022
Felicity001:

That BMW 318 aka 3 series you mentioned so enh... I love that car, very fast, strong and rigged, and prestigious as well but the ground clearance is the only wahala be the car is a sport car but in any case I've seen like 4 people using for the hustle but you have to be a lover of car to enjoy it.
simply said, the car isn’t advisable for the job? And first car owner,let me look into Peugeot 207?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 7:48am On Oct 31, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:

I dey rest like this ehn!
You really need am, baba.
Can't just imagine the stress you must have gone through.
God will settle you.
Much respect, boss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5039) (5040) (5041) (5042) (5043) (5044) (5045) ... (5699) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Glithronix, CarlosTheJackal and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.