Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,693 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4764842 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5109) (5110) (5111) (5112) (5113) (5114) (5115) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Hybrid600: 9:13pm On Jan 05, 2023
Exactly. That's why I suggested that earlier especially as he's already bought 3 failed fuel pumps which I know wasn't cheap either

Pearl1910:

True... it's expensive. But by the time u buy pump three to four times and ur car problem is still reoccurring u will see that OEM in some cases is d best option. There are things that u must close eye and buy the original if not, u will just be wasting your money
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:20pm On Jan 05, 2023
Treaster:
Good day chiefs

Please how do I permanently solve a reoccurring fuel pump issue?

I've changed my fuel pump 3 times over the past 2 weeks yet it disappointed me again today.

I've scanned it, no other issue except this particular one.

What car are using? You need to change whoever is buying toks pump for you. Min. Toks pump should last for @ least 6 months. Go to another rewire and request for another vendor.
I bought toks pump 6k march 2022. Still going strong.

Finally, i hope you are also not part of the crew that won't buy fuel until they see the warning light on the dashboard...

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:51pm On Jan 05, 2023
GeneralZodd:

Close to 2 mills on the 4 apps, No capping

I no wan dey post account balance on this thread again. Scammers full online.

Make December money wey I hustle no dissapear from my accant one day grin
General wey dey always get 2 million for account but when it's time for give away account will hang.
grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Easyincome24: 10:04pm On Jan 05, 2023
I have been following this thread for awhile despite having my car, I was motivated to trying e-hailing from experiences and banters on this thread.

Here are few things I later realized personally, you are free to add or remove from my observations:

1) It is true one can hit #1M+ in a month using all or one of Uber, Bolt, InDriver, Rida, etc.
But one must know which works better for you. Based on my test since over 6 months of testing the waters, InDriver and Rida helps drivers to reach the targets due to little or no commission by the apps.

2) Full time, part time or no time, anyone is welcome as it is based on your strength. But watch your health so that you won't use the money you make to take care of sickness.

3) Managing your income: For instance, if I make #20k in 6 hours of a part time runs, #5k goes to daily contribution, #5k for home or personal use, #6k for fuel should there be need or some other times savings the #4k could be for any emergency. Note this may not be the case for you but it helps me a lot. I joined some cooperatives, also I do some piggyvest, cowrywise, ARM pension voluntary contribution, so some times, more than 50% of my earnings on a day could go into this provided car did not develop faults.

4) Mental health management: You can't be efficient from January 1-Dec 31. So you can't ride for money in 365 days. Except you are a robot. Take time to sleep, relax when fatigue sets in but don't be complacent deceiving your self that "problem no dey finish" know that every seconds wasted means money is lost. Go for regular check ups, or use HMO don't forget that you are your greatest asset, if you breakdown, all your dreams won't materialize.

5) Future Plan: it will be unwise for me to tell you that driving for straight 10 years without a car of your own, or investment into other e-hailings or other things that will compensate for the years you have labored is paramount. As you are growing, your efficiency is reducing, move on to other things in life using the money made within those periods of hard work to smart work. Don't join those who brag of several years of driving as hustlers.

Lastly, I'm still a baby in this business, but I know my target and once I reach it, I quit and move to bigger plans.

Until then, I will keep reading, learning, working smart to make the dow.

E-hailing is such a good business and could get you a comfortable lifestyle in this country. You will be able to afford your rent, feeding and children school fees at least other moderate lifestyle that will portray one as a responsible person.

It's a nice work the developers of the apps Bolt, Uber, InDriver, Rida have done. So we need not to re-invent the wheels anymore but rather for us to maximize the functionality to our advantage.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GeneralZodd(m): 10:20pm On Jan 05, 2023
Conner44:

My man grin that N2m na small money for where you dey na

abi dem don try scam you from here recently? Because I sabi say you don post-post balances for here wella this last year wey pass so wink

I get strange calls and text messages every single day since I posted some cash flaunting pics and account balance last week.

Hackers are trying every means to run me street, but God pass them

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 10:21pm On Jan 05, 2023
Pearl1910:

True... it's expensive. But by the time u buy pump three to four times and ur car problem is still reoccurring u will see that OEM in some cases is d best option. There are things that u must close eye and buy the original if not, u will just be wasting your money

I do get your point but you can still get good toks parts if you know where to look.

Ahparts.com can also be of help. They buy cars from auction, dismantle and sell the parts. The prices are usually reasonable and you get to see the state of the car and mileage when they bought it

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GeneralZodd(m): 10:24pm On Jan 05, 2023
Gentlelife50:

General wey dey always get 2 million for account but when it's time for give away account will hang.
grin

grin Giveaway doesn't help people,.rather teach them how to fish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Timagex(m): 10:33pm On Jan 05, 2023
Easyincome24:
I have been following this thread for awhile despite having my car, I was motivated to trying e-hailing from experiences and banters on this thread.

Here are few things I later realized personally, you are free to add or remove from my observations:

1) It is true one can hit #1M+ in a month using all or one of Uber, Bolt, InDriver, Rida, etc.
But one must know which works better for you. Based on my test since over 6 months of testing the waters, InDriver and Rida helps drivers to reach the targets due to little or no commission by the apps.

2) Full time, part time or no time, anyone is welcome as it is based on your strength. But watch your health so that you won't use the money you make to take care of sickness.

3) Managing your income: For instance, if I make #20k in 6 hours of a part time runs, #5k goes to daily contribution, #5k for home or personal use, #6k for fuel should there be need or some other times savings the #4k could be for any emergency. Note this may not be the case for you but it helps me a lot. I joined some cooperatives, also I do some piggyvest, cowrywise, ARM pension voluntary contribution, so some times, more than 50% of my earnings on a day could go into this provided car did not develop faults.

4) Mental health management: You can't be efficient from January 1-Dec 31. So you can't ride for money in 365 days. Except you are a robot. Take time to sleep, relax when fatigue sets in but don't be complacent deceiving your self that "problem no dey finish" know that every seconds wasted means money is lost. Go for regular check ups, or use HMO don't forget that you are your greatest asset, if you breakdown, all your dreams won't materialize.

5) Future Plan: it will be unwise for me to tell you that driving for straight 10 years without a car of your own, or investment into other e-hailings or other things that will compensate for the years you have labored is paramount. As you are growing, your efficiency is reducing, move on to other things in life using the money made within those periods of hard work to smart work. Don't join those who brag of several years of driving as hustlers.

Lastly, I'm still a baby in this business, but I know my target and once I reach it, I quit and move to bigger plans.

E-hailing is such a good business and could get you a comfortable lifestyle in this country. You will be able to afford your rent, feeding and children school fees at least other moderate lifestyle that will portray one as a responsible person.

It's a nice work the developers of the apps Bolt, Uber, InDriver, Rida have done. So we need not to re-invent the wheels anymore but rather for us to maximize the functionality to our advantage.

Hello sir. Please, I have some questions I would like to ask. Can I send a mail or can you help me with your WhatsApp contact?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Easyincome24: 10:42pm On Jan 05, 2023
Timagex:

Hello sir. Please, I have some questions I would like to ask. Can I send a mail or can you help me with your WhatsApp contact?

If you won't be annoyed, can the question be posted here for all to read? See, no secret in all this thing. No eBooks nor voodoo. I learnt here and if it's what I can respond to, I will be willing to help within my power.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Timagex(m): 10:58pm On Jan 05, 2023
Easyincome24:

If you won't be annoyed, can the question be posted here for all to read? See, no secret in all this thing. No eBooks nor voodoo. I learnt here and if it's what I can respond to, I will be willing to help within my power.

Oh....I don't mind asking here at all. I'm based here in Ibadan and I want to start the e hailing business in this 2023. So, here are my questions..

1. What car can you recommend (apart from the regular Toyotas)? Something very cheap to obtain and cheap to keep on the road.
2. Is this business as lucrative as it used to be? This is 2023 o. Like how much can I hope to make in a day/week/month?
3. What e hailing app/medium is the best? I heard bolt and uber are not as good again.
4. What advice/tip did you wish you were given before you started?
5. Can it be done as a full time job?
6. Any other advice/in sight you would like to give would be appreciated.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Treaster: 11:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
northbird:

What car are using? You need to change whoever is buying toks pump for you. Min. Toks pump should last for @ least 6 months. Go to another rewire and request for another vendor.
I bought toks pump 6k march 2022. Still going strong.

Finally, i hope you are also not part of the crew that won't buy fuel until they see the warning light on the dashboard...

Firstly I use a kia Rio 07, I've never bought any toks pump I usually go for the recommended new ones.

Lastly I'll be honest, I have had my fuel get to the reserve level a few times.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Treaster: 11:21pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hybrid600:
@Treaster
This is another good suggestion.

@Itsrm
I know OEM is pricey but after buying 3 failed pumps, e for better say he strive to get an OEM to save him stress and time especially as it concerns he's work tool.
I know say e no easy, God go provide for us all.

Noted. Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Treaster: 11:21pm On Jan 05, 2023
Pearl1910:

Buy toks pump...all those China pump na scam.
Except you are ready to buy OEM avoid new ones. U can buy new China filter but the pump must be grade 1 toks or OEM

Duly noted. Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Easyincome24: 11:23pm On Jan 05, 2023
Timagex:

Oh....I don't mind asking here at all. I'm based here in Ibadan and I want to start the e hailing business in this 2023. So, here are my questions..

1. What car can you recommend (apart from the regular Toyotas)? Something very cheap to obtain and cheap to keep on the road.
2. Is this business as lucrative as it used to be? This is 2023 o. Like how much can I hope to make in a day/week/month?
3. What e hailing app/medium is the best? I heard bolt and uber are not as good again.
4. What advice/tip did you wish you were given before you started?
5. Can it be done as a full time job?
6. Any other advice/in sight you would like to give would be appreciated.

Thank you.

1) Choice of cars is dependent on fuel consumption and how intact the engines or parts are. Aside Toyota, Honda, Volvo and some cheap ones are available. Do a little search especially with a technical mechanic. But the better the costlier.

2) As I have explained, I purposely put myself behind the wheels as an e-hailing driver not because I don't have other means of income but to truly find out if this talk is a brainwash. FACT IS, IT IS LUCRATIVE. Larger factor depends on who runs the show.

3) I did use all the apps, each have it's pros and cons but you can look for the ones with little or no deduction of commission which are RIDA & InDriver.

4) Knowing the routes you are plying so you don't enter the hands of traffic agents. These will come clearer as you progress. Other things are maintenance of the car which is your company.

5) This job on a full time will blow your mind. If you are steadily doing it, you should be able to afford buying another car within 6 months of working. Be prayerful that all things work fine for you.

6) I will add that work at your pace don't be intimidated by others. Also be disciplined with the money you earn. There is a possibility you hit a million faster than what you could imagine don't forget to know how to handle the cash through investing and saving for the rainy days.

Hope this is helpful?

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Timagex(m): 11:45pm On Jan 05, 2023
Easyincome24:

1) Choice of cars is dependent on fuel consumption and how intact the engines or parts are. Aside Toyota, Honda, Volvo and some cheap ones are available. Do a little search especially with a technical mechanic. But the better the costlier.

2) As I have explained, I purposely put myself behind the wheels as an e-hailing driver not because I don't have other means of income but to truly find out if this talk is a brainwash. FACT IS, IT IS LUCRATIVE. Larger factor depends on who runs the show.

3) I did use all the apps, each have it's pros and cons but you can look for the ones with little or no deduction of commission which are RIDA & InDriver.

4) Knowing the routes you are plying so you don't enter the hands of traffic agents. These will come clearer as you progress. Other things are maintenance of the car which is your company.

5) This job on a full time will blow your mind. If you are steadily doing it, you should be able to afford buying another car within 6 months of working. Be prayerful that all things work fine for you.

6) I will add that work at your pace don't be intimidated by others. Also be disciplined with the money you earn. There is a possibility you hit a million faster than what you could imagine don't forget to know how to handle the cash through investing and saving for the rainy days.

Hope this is helpful?

Wao! I so much appreciate this. God bless you sir.

I will be back with further questions tho.. grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Timagex(m): 12:20am On Jan 06, 2023
CoachOore:
Pleas I need advice. Bolt business in Uyo or ibadan which of the city is more lucrative? Pleas house I need advice. �

Bro, do you mind if ask you a question.

Did you study philosophy and finished from oau? I have a friend who bears coach oore from oau...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 1:36am On Jan 06, 2023
CoachOore:

Guys please I need help on this.

I think ibadan is better, uyo fare is shitty, na you and keke go dey drag trip.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 6:56am On Jan 06, 2023

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Snrman1: 8:18am On Jan 06, 2023
ReadaDream:
indriver?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 8:23am On Jan 06, 2023
Snrman1:
indriver?
Yes

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 8:37am On Jan 06, 2023
ReadaDream:
Na so e dey start!
Gradually..... But still ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Hybrid600: 8:55am On Jan 06, 2023
Avoid driving your car on very low fuel/ reserve level. It's not good for the fuel pump.

Treaster:

Firstly I use a kia Rio 07, I've never bought any toks pump I usually go for the recommended new ones.

Lastly I'll be honest, I have had my fuel get to the reserve level a few times.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 9:16am On Jan 06, 2023
mejai:

Na so e dey start!
Gradually..... But still ok
Yeah, not bad. In near future, it will go up.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:19am On Jan 06, 2023
ReadaDream:

My app is up to date but this is what i have.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 10:23am On Jan 06, 2023
Crvrider:

My app is up to date but this is what i have.
If you see that 'Important information' on your App, click it.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by HUMANIIST(m): 10:37am On Jan 06, 2023
Treaster:

Did just two trips today and went home, very decent app.
wow! please where do you reside?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 06, 2023
Easyincome24:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chiiiimzy(m): 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2023
I greet the house.. Please I need your candid advice, between a 2008 Honda Civic for 1.3M and a 2006 Nissan Altima for 950K which should I go for? The Civic will require a flashing as the body is a bit rough while the Nissan is very sharp. Haven't used any of these cars before that's why I'm seeking for help from the wise ones.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lagusboyyy(m): 4:23pm On Jan 06, 2023
Chiiiimzy:
I greet the house.. Please I need your candid advice, between a 2008 Honda Civic for 1.3M and a 2006 Nissan Altima for 950K which should I go for? The Civic will require a flashing as the body is a bit rough while the Nissan is very sharp. Haven't used any of these cars before that's why I'm seeking for help from the wise ones.
HONDA CIVIC!!!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eyinola1: 4:50pm On Jan 06, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
I used indriver ONLY in December and grossed 1,250,000+

Commission was just 123,000+

My net was 1,120,000+

Can NEVER happen on Bolt.

On Bolt I would have paid 312,500

How can this fuckery be defended? cheesy
am not a fan of bolt infact their commission dey pain me to d bone but I can say it was still a better deal for me in December, from my calculations I never paid more than 10% commission in December because I make sure I chop the bonuses which cover a larger part of the commission e.g if I gross 50K am supposed to pay 25% com of 12,500...but I always wins 11/10K to cover up, so from my own calculations I will only loose out 2,500 or 1500 as commission from 50K grossed

Meanwhile I am off road till February grin and once I resumed it will be rider and indrive all d way Bolt for me is now seasonal

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CoachOore: 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2023
What is the car requirements for indrive app?

Easyincome24:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:46pm On Jan 06, 2023
Eyinola1:
am not a fan of bolt infact their commission dey pain me to d bone but I can say it was still a better deal for me in December, from my calculations I never paid more than 10% commission in December because I make sure I chop the bonuses which cover a larger part of the commission e.g if I gross 50K am supposed to pay 25% com of 12,500...but I always wins 11/10K to cover up, so from my own calculations I will only loose out 2,500 or 1500 as commission from 50K grossed

Meanwhile I am off road till February grin and once I resumed it will be rider and indrive all d way Bolt for me is now seasonal

God bless you Eyinola.
Cheerfulgiver will tell you it's because Bolt is dead that's why they are dashing drivers 10k daily grin I laff in pigin. Others will say it's scam bonus. I collected the scam bonus to the tune of 200k in December alone.
An app offers you 10k bonus everyday for 30days + haba, they try abeg. If we see truth make we talk am; both positive side and negative side

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5109) (5110) (5111) (5112) (5113) (5114) (5115) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.