Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,517 members, 7,816,251 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4745894 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5126) (5127) (5128) (5129) (5130) (5131) (5132) ... (5690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jydeayanx: 6:43am On Jan 22, 2023
BAZ001:

I dey believe you
You are doing well.

You must be part of the telegram group
Once you know the strategies you go just dey earn money dey go.

So happy anytime I come here I see guys cashing out daily, see money.

Bros no let anybody shut you down. I know you not lying grin

As e dey pain dem he dey sweet u

Chief, abeg post the telegram page link, make we follow who know road

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 7:36am On Jan 22, 2023
ThatIgboBoy:

See this one. You faced worse in two weeks. This one own small na. He no jam okada, scatter bonnet or fail brake. Lastma and police no even arrest am. So just continue keeping quiet.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Snrman1: 7:37am On Jan 22, 2023
Safe to say driving this period is a waste of time

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 7:38am On Jan 22, 2023
Gentlelife50:

Haaaa, no be wetin everybody dey talk?
Say e go continue like this till after election, na why I say make we dey suffer am like that dey go, abi u tink say e no affect me too?

You na oju Eko! Eyan seyi tinubu.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:45am On Jan 22, 2023
ReadaDream:
I like the fact that you said it is rare. That means it happens and it can be anytime.

Radiator fan can just decide to pack up, serpentine belt can snap, fuel pump fuse can cut off or even fuel pump go bad. Etc.

Radiator fan will wobble or blow slower for a while before it stops.
Inspect your belt before it snaps, u will notice cracks and signs of wear and tear.
Fuse is not a critical aspect, u should have spares in ur fuse box or u replace with another fuse.
As for fuel pump itself...before it completely fails, u would have been finding it hard in ur driving, driving will not be so smooth, u will have to press down pedal before car will accelerate or difficulty when climbing hills.
Even battery and kick starter will give u sign before it completely fails.
You know the sound of your car, anyday u start it and the sound is different, (whether louder or quieter) just know something is wrong or cooking.

Trust me, if u know ur car, with experience and time, u will notice when something is slightly wrong. Check it asap before it disappoints u on d highway.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 8:20am On Jan 22, 2023
Pearl1910:

Radiator fan will wobble or blow slower for a while before it stops.
Inspect your belt before it snaps, u will notice cracks and signs of wear and tear.
Fuse is not a critical aspect, u should have spares in ur fuse box or u replace with another fuse.
As for fuel pump itself...before it completely fails, u would have been finding it hard in ur driving, driving will not be so smooth, u will have to press down pedal before car will accelerate or difficulty when climbing hills.
Even battery and kick starter will give u sign before it completely fails.
You know the sound of your car, anyday u start it and the sound is different, (whether louder or quieter) just know something is wrong or cooking.

Trust me, if u know ur car, with experience and time, u will notice when something is slightly wrong. Check it asap before it disappoints u on d highway.
Boss let's leave this argument. These things happens without prior notice, too. It's a machine and can decide to move mad at any given time.

First week of December, my car was driving very fine, not a slightest hint of impending breakdown. I dropped off a rider, parked under a tree in the estate. I got a request and made to move to pickup, I crank the car and it won't bulge, all lights on dashboard lit but it won't start. I concluded it's battery, went to get a battery charger to jumpstart.

He came with his battery, we tried to start, it rolled the engine but the whole engine bay was shacking, I said let's add my battery, we did can came to life, only to hear a loud bang! Upon examination, serpentine belt has snapped.

I inspected all the roller, only to discover that my steering pump has hooked! Something that was working fine, no oil leak, nothing! Just decided to move mad.

You can have a spare fuse and don't know where to touch or able to diagnose the exact fault.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 9:01am On Jan 22, 2023
pope191:

I for like reply this, but right now? I'm drain. I went to Bovas around 6:30 am. Queue till 1 pm and end up not getting fuel. I have to go get 240 at Ogba and Ikorodu road is something else like this. Tired!
Boss, how many liter fulls your tank?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:23am On Jan 22, 2023
ReadaDream:
Boss let's leave this argument. These things happens without prior notice, too. It's a machine and can decide to move mad at any given time.

First week of December, my car was driving very fine, not a slightest hint of impending breakdown. I dropped off a rider, parked under a tree in the estate. I got a request and made to move to pickup, I crank the car and it won't bulge, all lights on dashboard lit but it won't start. I concluded it's battery, went to get a battery charger to jumpstart.

He came with his battery, we tried to start, it rolled the engine but the whole engine bay was shacking, I said let's add my battery, we did can came to life, only to hear a loud bang! Upon examination, serpentine belt has snapped.

I inspected all the roller, only to discover that my steering pump has hooked! Something that was working fine, no oil leak, nothing! Just decided to move mad.

You can have a spare fuse and don't know where to touch or able to diagnose the exact fault.
Even alternator can park up or hook at anything, it happened to me.
Pearl cars do break down without notice, if it hasn't happened to you then you are fortunate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:05am On Jan 22, 2023
ksmart027:

Boss, how many liter fulls your tank?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:07am On Jan 22, 2023
MoonlightDrive:

You are drain, I was devastated. Yesterday I queued for over 5 hours at NNpc Ejigbo, they suddenly stopped selling ported over to the Total filling station, was happy making it inside their premises only for them to also stop selling, total man hour lost to non productive activity 8 hours plus... drove home without buying any fuel. I am tired of buying fuel at N250/N300, no economic justification given the current fares on ehailing apps.

grin this country will humble... we just have to push on thro. I'm on queue like this, hoping for the best.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:09am On Jan 22, 2023
ReadaDream:

Pearl don't understand.... no matter how long you use car, it will breakdown unannounced one day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:09am On Jan 22, 2023
ReadaDream:

While u where trying to start d car, was ur serpentine belt fine or u didn't notice?
Did ur belt and power steering pump just decided to spoil at the same time without sign? or one led to d other??

Lets be open to learning.

Electrical faults can come up suddenly, but rarely will mechanical faults come at you suddenly.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:19am On Jan 22, 2023
Gentlelife50:

Even alternator can park up or hook at anything, it happened to me.
Pearl cars do break down without notice, if it hasn't happened to you then you are fortunate.

Alternator has light in d dashboard na.
That one shouldn't catch u unawares, the moment u see battery light when driving, just look for the next available mechanic workshop or clear of the road.
Am not saying my cars don't breakdown, but I learn lessons from them...and I try not to make d mistake of it repeating itself.

In my car right now I have spare kick starter, fuel pump, alternator and breakpad. I drive Toyota but I have spare bolt joint too. I have water, gear oil, engine oil and brake oil in my boot.

U know in this part of the world we use parts till they die, so as usual more often than not it's when u r driving that the car part will give way. If we had the culture of changing parts at the recommended service life then breakdowns will be minimal.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:26am On Jan 22, 2023
pope191:

Pearl don't understand.... no matter how long you use car, it will breakdown unannounced one day.

As u just dey use the car dey go without it giving u problems, have it in ur mind that those components need attention, if u don't service or change them, they will disappoint u when u need them most.
I would have said when u least expected but when u use a battery for 2years just know u r using it's extra life...so if one day u start and it doesn't answer u, u shouldn't be surprised. grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:28am On Jan 22, 2023
Pearl1910:

As u just dey use the car dey go without it giving u problems, have it in ur mind that those components need attention, if u don't service or change them, they will disappoint u when u need them most.
I would have said when u least expected but when u use a battery for 2years just know u r using it's extra life...so if one day u start and it doesn't answer u, u shouldn't be surprised. grin

My battery did not even last up to a year. 11 months and 2 weeks.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 11:08am On Jan 22, 2023
Pearl1910:

While u where trying to start d car, was ur serpentine belt fine or u didn't notice?
Did ur belt and power steering pump just decided to spoil at the same time without sign? or one led to d other??

Lets be open to learning.

Electrical faults can come up suddenly, but rarely will mechanical faults come at you suddenly.
There was nothing wrong with my belt. Power steering pump hooking caused the belt to cut.

What other sign? I parked a car, tried to start it and it won't bulge.

It's funny how you try to downplay others personal experience to negligence or lack of proper care. I will say this anywhere, cars are machines, they can develop mechanic or electrical fault at any given time; without notice. Why do manufacturers recall vehicle? Abeg make we die the matter.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 11:53am On Jan 22, 2023
ReadaDream:
There was nothing wrong with my belt. Power steering pump hooking caused the belt to cut.

It's funny how you try to downplay others personal experience to negligence or lack of proper care. I will say this anywhere, cars are machines, they can develop mechanic or electrical fault at any given time; without notice. Why do manufacturers recall vehicle? Abeg make we die the matter.

Let me list the car parts that have failed on me without prior signs of failure.

1. Compressor coil spoilt and AC stopped chilling
2. Shaft pulled out
3. Park neutral safety switch
4. Tires
5. Water Pump

That mechanical parts can fail without warning is not even up for debate. However, with proper maintenance, we can minimise the chances of it happening.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 11:54am On Jan 22, 2023
pope191:

Are you still using your Civic? My own does not contain more than 35 litres.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 12:42pm On Jan 22, 2023
Pearl1910:

Alternator has light in d dashboard na.
That one shouldn't catch u unawares, the moment u see battery light when driving, just look for the next available mechanic workshop or clear of the road.
Am not saying my cars don't breakdown, but I learn lessons from them...and I try not to make d mistake of it repeating itself.

In my car right now I have spare kick starter, fuel pump, alternator and breakpad. I drive Toyota but I have spare bolt joint too. I have water, gear oil, engine oil and brake oil in my boot.

U know in this part of the world we use parts till they die, so as usual more often than not it's when u r driving that the car part will give way. If we had the culture of changing parts at the recommended service life then breakdowns will be minimal.
This man sef, the argument was wether car can break down unannounced.
You didn't agree it can happen before, you're still shifting goal post.
So after all your checks you still carry everything join body?
Only you will say it's only electrical issues can come up but won't agree car parts can fail any time, what's the essence of carrying almost all car parts when you're arguing they won't fail suddenly especially if you check them often?
Mind the alternator didn't show battery light, at first I thought it was battery sef not knowing alternator is hooked it was even after it made the belt cut that it was noticed.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jceesquare(m): 1:00pm On Jan 22, 2023
kanuisagoat:

Let me list the car parts that have failed on me without prior signs of failure.

1. Compressor coil spoilt and AC stopped chilling
2. Shaft pulled out
3. Park neutral safety switch
4. Tires
5. Water Pump

That mechanical parts can fail without warning is not even up for debate. However, with proper maintenance, we can minimise the chances of it happening.
Compressor coil, I understand.
Park neutral safety switch, that one too is understandable.
Even tires sef is fair enough to fail unannounced.
But you see that your shaft pulling out, I'm sorry that is as a result of negligence on your part, or on the part of the mechanic if he worked on it and didn't tighten it well.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 1:40pm On Jan 22, 2023
Rider said please reduce the AC. I did and AC stopped blowing out. Till I completed the ride, blower motor no work.

Quick troubleshooting...I discovered that the fuse is blown.

Purpose of Sharing this is to let Pearl know that cars can move mad at anytime. Let me go back to work.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 1:58pm On Jan 22, 2023
jceesquare:

Compressor coil, I understand.
Park neutral safety switch, that one too is understandable.
Even tires sef is fair enough to fail unannounced.
But you see that your shaft pulling out, I'm sorry that is as a result of negligence on your part, or on the part of the mechanic if he worked on it and didn't tighten it well.

Some little background information. The previous one was bad. I bought a brand new unit from madam radu at the cost of 135k. Couple of days later, the entire shaft pulled out. Of course, I believed it was an error from the mechanic. I got the nearest mechanic to help put it and all seemed good.

The following day, it pulled out again. Apparently, it turned out the shaft itself was the problem. This was a brand new unit. Thanks to madam radu and team, the shaft was replaced at no extra cost to me and I've been using it since 2020. No issues.

The whole point is that, some vehicle parts may have issues even from factory that can make them break down without warning.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jceesquare(m): 2:05pm On Jan 22, 2023
kanuisagoat:

Some little background information. The previous one was bad. I bought a brand new unit from madam radu at the cost of 135k. Couple of days later, the entire shaft pulled out. Of course, I believed it was an error from the mechanic. I got the nearest mechanic to help put it and all seemed good.

The following day, it pulled out again. Apparently, it turned out the shaft itself was the problem. This was a brand new unit. Thanks to madam radu and team, the shaft was replaced at no extra cost to me and I've been using it since 2020. No issues.

The whole point is that, some vehicle parts may have issues even from factory that can make them break down without warning.
The wrong shaft was used (possibly a shorter one). If you used the right shaft and it popped out without prior warning, then there's something spiritually wrong with the car (pun intended).
The point is, it is rear for mechanical parts to breakdown without warning signs.
I'm a technician, so I know what I'm saying

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2023
ThatIgboBoy:

See this one. You faced worse in two weeks. This one own small na. He no jam okada, scatter bonnet or fail brake. Lastma and police no even arrest am. So just continue keeping quiet.

It's me you came here to monitor. If you suddenly drop down dead now, they'll say they don't know who you offended. Ogun still dey carry blood Bath o. And you blood go sweet wella. just carry mouth comot for my Mata. Because if you continue like this you fit die anyhow.

All this rubbish na why your wife no trust you with money. She know say you fit go blow am anyhow for matter wey no concern you. I dey tell you now, comot mouth for my matter, I no send you and your papa, you go just waste for road like dog!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:45pm On Jan 22, 2023
pope191:

My battery did not even last up to a year. 11 months and 2 weeks.

I just used battery as an example not specifically.

But then if u know how ur car starts...observe or reflect on how it was starting shortly before the battery spoilt. I know when my battery or kick is getting weak from the way the car starts.

If battery is weak after it starts, the car will not move sharply...its sluggish, d rpm will be a little down, there is a pulse in d engine when u r trafficating or when u turn on the head lamp.

Although I haven't driven all kinds of cars so u can say maybe this doesn't happen in all cars, but this is my experience in my 20year driving experience and it is factual.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 2:48pm On Jan 22, 2023
Which party I go support now? Team Pearl or Team e no dey give sign.
Anyways, I believe in my driving experience, cars give sign b4 it fails, 90% of the time.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:48pm On Jan 22, 2023
ReadaDream:

I asked for more information and u say I am downplaying ur experience. U already agreed it happens sometimes, so what's d argument about.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2023
Gentlelife50:

This man sef, the argument was wether car can break down unannounced.
You didn't agree it can happen before, you're still shifting goal post.
So after all your checks you still carry everything join body?
Only you will say it's only electrical issues can come up but won't agree car parts can fail any time, what's the essence of carrying almost all car parts when you're arguing they won't fail suddenly especially if you check them often?
Mind the alternator didn't show battery light, at first I thought it was battery sef not knowing alternator is hooked it was even after it made the belt cut that it was noticed.

No, check my posts again, I said most times if we are observant, we can reduce those occurrences.
U see all those things in my booth, it's because I will not just ask a rewire to check if the brush in my fan or kick starter has reduced. So I keep a spare, if and when it fails, I am not stranded. But I have noticed just before these things fail there are signs.
Again dont misinterprete me. I am also still learning.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 3:02pm On Jan 22, 2023
How conversant are we with our instrument cluster (dash)?
A single change or flash means a lot. Eg, slight rise in temperature gauge, oil pump flash, battery flash, etc, even notorious check engine light (we Sabi ignore that) 😀.

Coming to the mechanical aspect, do we also pay attention to the noise from the car? Someone like me, extra sound I hear, e don be.
B4 I leave in the morning, I pay attention, to the car, start the car, watch and listen to sights and sounds of the vehicle, check all fluid even the belt, should be inspected.

U see, I hate blasting music too. Cos one wahala fit start u no go know on time.

But there are issues that might start and won't give u chance to get to ur mechanic. Example..... Entering potholes suddenly and fiam, something don scatter😀

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 3:22pm On Jan 22, 2023
Pearl1910:

No, check my posts again, I said most times if we are observant, we can reduce those occurrences.
U see all those things in my booth, it's because I will not just ask a rewire to check if the brush in my fan or kick starter has reduced. So I keep a spare, if and when it fails, I am not stranded. But I have noticed just before these things fail there are signs.
Again dont misinterprete me. I am also still learning.
Better, unlike then.
You ruled out the possibility, later said only electrical parts can fail without signs.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 3:24pm On Jan 22, 2023
Like play like play, nobody can point me to where i can get corolla 06 gear oil on this platform .....it means people dont change transmission oil here, despite the number of mileage we accumulate weekly .
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 22, 2023
Gentlelife50:

BAZOO1 and Vikings, it's been a while.
grin cheesy grin
😆

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5126) (5127) (5128) (5129) (5130) (5131) (5132) ... (5690) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: lanre2009, Abdulstoic and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.