Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4735444 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5212) (5213) (5214) (5215) (5216) (5217) (5218) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 7:07pm On May 10, 2023
ReadaDream:
Yes, the rider can take you anywhere inside Lagos during the reservation period.
.olorun maje... That is personal driver now
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by konkoabove: 8:16pm On May 10, 2023
obinoral1179:
first of all make used of your gmap and don't be ashamed to ask your rider for directions....

1 Don't park by the road sides.
2 if you are turning left on any junctions with a traffic light always stay on the lane you're turning to, don't allow rider to control your driving...
3 be wary of Brt lane why existing Maryland towards ojota(odo iya alaro) goin and coming.

4 stick to the area you are used to for now no matter where bolt push you too...

5 pray and becareful.

6 always Central lock your car... Even when you mistake....

7 if you make mistake don't turn back keep going no Matter the distance to rectify..
Thanks boss!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Welz(m): 9:25pm On May 10, 2023
northbird:

Really, so how will uber get their own revenue,? Regardless, 2.8k for 1 hr is mepagre.
when the trip ends, the rider will be asked to pay higher than what you as a driver saw before accepting uber hourly. I've done it twice
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 10:07pm On May 10, 2023
Dem don hijack from this one hand tire.
Be like say na newbie be this one. grin grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Welz(m): 11:15pm On May 10, 2023
ReadaDream:
Yes, the rider can take you anywhere inside Lagos during the reservation period.
that's not true...that is a maximum km per hour, if it exceed the kilometre the price increases according

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:42pm On May 10, 2023
Glithronix:
Dem don hijack from this one hand tire.
Be like say na newbie be this one. grin grin

grin 9 : 55 the guy no serious

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 5:09am On May 11, 2023
Welz:

that's not true...that is a maximum km per hour, if it exceed the kilometre the price increases according
You are right. I think the rider sets the distance to be covered within that period and uber gives the estimate. That's why I saw 2800 and Obinoral1179 saw 4k+

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by konkoabove: 7:17am On May 11, 2023
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by seyicodes(m): 7:42am On May 11, 2023
Good morning comrades,
My Toyota Corolla hub is making noise and i am thinking of replacement,
Please should i go for Tokunbo complete hub or i should buy new bearing to replace it
Please advice is needed from someone who has done it before.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 8:56am On May 11, 2023
pope191:

grin 9 : 55 the guy no serious
grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 9:01am On May 11, 2023
seyicodes:
Good morning comrades,
Please should i go for Tokunbo complete hub or i should buy new bearing to replace it

Buy a high quality brand new bearing. It was N32,000 a pair the last time I bought it.

There's nothing like Tokunbo hub in our markets. What they all do is put inferior bearing in it and sell as Tokunbo. Don't waste your money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by seyicodes(m): 10:41am On May 11, 2023
Itsrm:

Buy a high quality brand new bearing. It was N32,000 a pair the last time I bought it.

There's nothing like Tokunbo hub in our markets. What they all do is put inferior bearing in it and sell as Tokunbo. Don't waste your money.
which brand please 🥺
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 10:52am On May 11, 2023
seyicodes:
which brand please 🥺

I really can't remember. Maybe pearl1910 and others can assist.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:55am On May 11, 2023
seyicodes:
Good morning comrades,

Buy new bearings, SDK. is the last brand my mech used. Bought it 4.5k, the tech guy collected
1.5k to push it in , @ jankara. though that was last year February,... it is still serving me .. because of inflation, it might be higher now.. all depends on your pocket.

After fixing,avoid driving too long in water logged areas because that stuff weakens the bearings of the wheels.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 4:10pm On May 11, 2023
izzou:

You didn't read where he said he entered BRT lane?

Was that "unknowingly"?

Did you visit ikorodu recently? Before Majidun is where it happened

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BellaTheDuke: 6:22pm On May 11, 2023
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:13pm On May 11, 2023
obinoral1179:
smiles say we respect you no mean say make we no tell you the truth, if you remember self now me ask of you for the thread some weeks back.. grin.I don't have anything against you or anyone here but the issues that happened between you and that guy is what I term scam but you might think it's not scam to you but to me it's what is it . Also you are not the only one giving advice here if you want to monetize your experience open another thread and charge people lastly no b only Sabi Baba God some of us here now God pikin and he even give us name OMOLUWA.....

A wolf in sheep clothing...

Hypocrite
People who care.to know how you're doing will slide into your dm or.out a call through.

3 guys here did that yesterday and some days ago.and we laughed and laughed over the whole situation... Many chatted me...

It's business, nothing more.

I didn't take any of his complains to heart. But you tagging an innocent man a scam is total out of it.

I still make bold to say, my intelectual work contributed to what you're today... You DM me right?

You burned that bridge already
It can never be built again.

I have nothing against you as well

Last quote

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:09pm On May 12, 2023
seyicodes:
Good morning comrades,

Some years ago you discussed about coding and all that. Don't tell me you have totally left that profitable venture and have been chasing instant peanuts that will not build you a good future and lifestyle.

Most Uber drivers have been shadowed with the poor thinking mindset. Let me just do this and not die, feed myself and family, their brains cells have been plated with short time goal, so they just want to survive for the now and careless about tomorrow... A myopic mindset.

Free your self from this myopic and menial earnings and start thinking of a long term goal that will better your life and that of your loves once.

Uber business will only earn you a plate of food but not a bag of food that will last you a life time. Uber earning will destroy your health, social life, family love and most of all distract you from attaining your goals in life because it won't give you time to think straight or see the big picture or any opportunity even if it's right in front of you. All you'll be thinking is how to satisfy your partner so he/she doesn't withdraws his car from you, how to put food in the table for your kids and wife, and how to meet up with your HP and own the car you're currently driving but you easily forget the same car is dying up due to its every day stress and minimal maintenance.

The people that suffers most in this Uber business are the married men with kids and wife to look after. Like have you ever seat down to think that one day accident might just occur? You might list any part of your body if your lucky and if you're not lucky your life? Who will take care of your live once when you're gone? Uber? Or Bolt?

Take time now and start building a small business even if it's a POS or engine Oil or generator oil business. Or spare part business.
Get a little shop, container shop, 40-60k buy some fire extinguishers, Nuts, spinner, screw drivers, okada engine oil and all that... This business will kick off with 200-500k. You that have an educative skills, develop more in it, go for more training, webminer, seminars and workshops. Meet people of like mind and build on your career do this vigorously for 1-3yrs I assure you will feel irritated like I do each time I come here reading comments because the comments are annoying.

Uber work no be arm oooh... The other day I asked how these of our old grandpas here ...lol... Do it and some of them say... Grace. My brother no be grace ooh... Your mentality has been washed to believe ehailing is the best thing after slice bread.

I looked at my daughter one day and I thought, so this girl I gave birth to in 2020 now get to 8yrs and her mates in school ask her what does your dad does for a living she will say what? My daddy is an Uber driver? God forbid. Na that day I started dropping the job.

Thank God for thief in January 1st that stole my phone, he also contributed in cementing my decision.

16 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ahmedio2017(m): 12:42pm On May 12, 2023
[/color]
Felicity001:

Some years ago you discussed about coding and all that. Don't tell me you have totally left that profitable venture and have been chasing instant peanuts that will not build you a good future and lifestyle.

Most Uber drivers have been shadowed with the poor thinking mindset. Let me just do this and not die, feed myself and family, their brains cells have been plated with short time goal, so they just want to survive for the now and careless about tomorrow... A myopic mindset.

Free your self from this myopic and menial earnings and start thinking of a long term goal that will better your life and that of your loves once.

Uber business will only earn you a plate of food but not a bag of food that will last you a life time. Uber earning will destroy your health, social life, family love and most of all distract you from attaining your goals in life because it won't give you time to think straight or see the big picture or any opportunity even if it's right in front of you. All you'll be thinking is how to satisfy your partner so he/she doesn't withdraws his car from you, how to put food in the table for your kids and wife, and how to meet up with your HP and own the car you're currently driving but you easily forget the same car is dying up due to its every day stress and minimal maintenance.

The people that suffers most in this Uber business are the married men with kids and wife to look after. Like have you ever seat down to think that one day accident might just occur? You might list any part of your body if your lucky and if you're not lucky your life? Who will take care of your live once when you're gone? Uber? Or Bolt?

Take time now and start building a small business even if it's a POS or engine Oil or generator oil business. Or spare part business.
Get a little shop, container shop, 40-60k buy some fire extinguishers, Nuts, spinner, screw drivers, okada engine oil and all that... This business will kick off with 200-500k. You that have an educative skills, develop more in it, go for more training, webminer, seminars and workshops. Meet people of like mind and build on your career do this vigorously for 1-3yrs I assure you will feel irritated like I do each time I come here reading comments because the comments are annoying.

Uber work no be arm oooh... The other day I asked how these of our old grandpas here ...lol... Do it and some of them say... Grace. My brother no be grace ooh... Your mentality has been washed to believe ehailing is the best thing after slice bread.

I looked at my daughter one day and I thought, so this girl I gave birth to in 2020 now get to 8yrs and her mates in school ask her what does your dad does for a living she will say what? My daddy is an Uber driver? God forbid. Na that day I started dropping the job.

Thank God for thief in January 1st that stole my phone, he also contributed in cementing my decision

[color=#770077]

But what if the person owns the car nko? Or bolt business is entirely not reliable? Pls enlighten me as I'm planning to enter in to the biz.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:40pm On May 12, 2023
Felicity001:

Thank God for thief in January 1st that stole my phone, he also contributed in cementing my decision.

Damn Bro! You've finally lost it. Should we put this on your dealer for giving you the wrong one or Fasasi? Ever since he called you out, you've been trying to play catch up.

Crazy! Just because you can't scale through or something didn't work for you, don't mean you have to generalise or put others down. Fix your life and gang of losers. The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what we're made out of, not the circumstances.

Keep your phone/gadget if you ain't get better stuffs to do with it.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 2:04pm On May 12, 2023
grin
Be like say e go hot for here. My job is to read every comment. Keep it short and concise. cool

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ThatIgboBoy: 2:10pm On May 12, 2023
Felicity001:

The truth might be bitter for a whole lot of people to swallow. This here is the hard truth. No matter how you try to deny it, in your quiet moments, you will reflect and agree this is it.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:13pm On May 12, 2023
Jay, Damon, & Burke started Roc a fella together... the difference between them is just action and decision.

There's no where one source of income makes a man wealthy in today's world. Reevaluation is the key, but projectin your failure on other? Damn! Your head is way too small for the load menh

You crack me up when you say you dont want your baby to grow and found out daddy is a uber driver grin I guess it would have been better to find out the mark on your forehead is from a mechanic because you were trying to play smart on a mechanic or pay you a visit because, daddy got caught up in a fight with mechanic, angrily use spanner on him and now he's doing time.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bammzzie(m): 2:20pm On May 12, 2023
pope191:

Damn Bro! You've finally lost it. Should we put this on your dealer for giving you the wrong one or Fasasi? Even since he called you out, you've been trying to play catch up.

Crazy! Just because you can't scale through or something didn't work for you, don't mean you have to generalise or put others down. Fix your life and gang of losers. The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what we're made out of, not the circumstances.

Savage grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bammzzie(m): 2:25pm On May 12, 2023
Felicity001:

Well, so far u can save above 100k or 150k in a month after removing all expenses in any kind of business in this present Nigeria economy, I think the business is worth it cos even most salary earners barely save that except the ogas. U can now invest in other things to give you multiple streams of income.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:36pm On May 12, 2023
Bammzzie:

Well, so far u can save above 100k or 150k in a month after removing all expenses in any kind of business in this present Nigeria economy, I think the business is worth it cos even most salary earners barely save that except the ogas. U can now invest in other things to give you multiple streams of income.

People will always hold other responsible for their inability. I have a neighbour that does uber. 50 years from now, on this hustle he can't survive. His style is not just it, I've try to put em on, but I learnt 2 vita lessons about life from him. Our energy can never be the same and our goals can never be the same.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:44pm On May 12, 2023
ReadaDream:
grin
Be like say e go hot for here. My job is to read every comment. Keep it short and concise. cool
No let them bring it long, it's more hotter and gbas gbostic when long.
Yours is to read the messages, mine is to like and share.
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 2:44pm On May 12, 2023
pope191:

Damn Bro! You've finally lost it. Should we put this on your dealer for giving you the wrong one or Fasasi? Even since he called you out, you've been trying to play catch up.

My words must have hit you so hard for you to come back at me this way... Lol... But see it as it may, I just spoke the truth nothing more than the truth.

Examine your life since the day you started driving and tell yourself the bitter truth bro.

Have you made any significant and trajectory progress driving Uber?

Don't tell us, tell yourself the truth.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by konkoabove: 2:50pm On May 12, 2023
Felicity001:

Food for thought!
Kindly be diplomatic in your write ups so that people will warmly digest it rather than feel attacked.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 2:52pm On May 12, 2023
ThatIgboBoy:

The truth might be bitter for a whole lot of people to swallow. This here is the hard truth. No matter how you try to deny it, in your quiet moments, you will reflect and agree this is it.

It took me courage to put all that up and I have to be honest to you... I hide my balls in the closest to do that.

I can't remember the last time I advised somebody to venture into the Uber business because I know I would be advising a brother/fellow man into a dish.

If only our eyes can be open to what I'm trying to show you guys.

Not everyone will definitely agree but sooner or later the truth will be reviewed one way or the other.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 2:59pm On May 12, 2023
Gentlelife50:

No let them bring it long, it's more hotter and gbas gbostic when long.
Yours is to read the messages, mine is to like and share.
grin
Comrade I they with you. grin
It's weekend anyways, bring it on .
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:08pm On May 12, 2023
Bammzzie:

Talking about savings, how does that sum up to making your life better?

What exactly are you saving to wards is the question?

For a degree, start up a business, finance a project or for unforseen circumstances

The only people who can save reasonable well in this Uber business are the single guys who own the car with little or no responsibilities in their life and with just a single and faithful relationship or a goal in mind. underline that line. Yes you heard me right. We have seen it happen here.
E.g BAZ001 even at that I'm still very sure he must have gotten some assistance from some friend and family member to finance his sojourn to the US or to wherever he currently is.

Those married once among us must who were able to get something reasonable out of the hustle must have joined the hustle when it was still booming but definitely not at this present time because what you all are getting now is chicken feed.

I would like to engage anyone into a constructive discussion and not a discussion that will create a bad blood like the one pope191 is trying to raise. So pope191 if you want to discuss with one who was formerly in darken and want to redeem you out of the darkness you currently are? Then you have to first drop all those your silly thinking because I have no time for all of that. Levels don change bro.

For your information, let me see if I can quote you right, "no one can be wealthy from one source of income" .
If I may ask you pope191 what is your defination of wealth?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5212) (5213) (5214) (5215) (5216) (5217) (5218) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Welz(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.