Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (529) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4776164 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (5698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bily(m): 6:10am On Feb 28, 2018
omonla10:
same here, carried some guys from abulegba to badore ajah but discovered that their bill stopped reading towards the end of 3mb{cos I always checked the bill on motion to avoid stories that touch} told them immediately. It stopped reading on 3000 and refused to increase. Even 300 toll did not add.. I immediately renegotiated with them which we agreed 3k extra.. Lo and behold, they paid 3k and promised to send 3k since last Tuesday.. Till today I still get stories that touch each episode for each day.. Would ever try that again though.

Why would the bill stop reading and Is it a common experience for the bill to stop reading?

Permit my ignorance
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olaboy1: 6:43am On Feb 28, 2018
sophoccles:

Your focus should be on how to maximize your investment, not on what other people earn. Every market finds it equilibrium point in terms of pricing; that's why car owners have been taking fixed amount, and you'd be surprised that drivers would end up delivering less thn what obtains in this market at the moment if you put them on a 70/30% deal.

Focus is on how to recoup investment as fast as possible with reasonable markup, not on keeping other people down because you feel you are better than they are. Plus, whoever holds another man down has to stay down there with him, bro.

As a business man my first priority is to protect my capital and in this case the Uber car. So you mean I should give my car to a driver and then he hires a second driver and run the car on Uber for 20hrs daily and delivers 40k to me because I don’t have to bother on what other people earn. You can start up a company and run it that way please.

How do I maximize my investment if I don’t keep a tab on the overall cost of my investment. I don’t mind if the driver delivers less than what obtains in the market as long as everyone is earning what they should.

This is why I like Europeans, they argue with facts and don’t have such a low mentality to think I’m trying to hold another man down because I feel I’m better than them when in fact all I’m doing is risk assessment on my investment, same old sh$tty Nigerian beer parlor bogus conclusion.

I’m trying to hold another man down by creating employments so we can have more middle class earners way above the $2 per day an average Nigerian lives on, you must be high on something. I am not that Nigerian who argues with sentiment, if you have low self esteem and feel the aim of my analysis is to bring another man down then deal with it.

I worked with a black general manager one time who was very hard on white senior manager expats, and one day GM and I met at a social gathering and guess what he told me when I asked why he was hard on the expats “In business you must put all sentiments aside because you are here to make money and not make friends”.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olaboy1: 7:34am On Feb 28, 2018
[quote author=ifyeez post=65428521][color=#770077]I have pleaded for them to stop so we can discuss something more important. like yesterday, a rider promised to do a transfer after trip, till now he hasn’t made any, I have been calling him, he picks and says his on it. . 2k ride and this guy stays in a mansion in Lekki,

Have you asked yourself the security risk of displaying your customers number on a public forum, and revealing he lives in a mansion in Lekki.
Why are Nigerians like this?
What’s the whole point of his number now, what exactly do you want us to do with his number.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nifemi25(m): 7:34am On Feb 28, 2018
IWealthCreator:
Hello House,

I have a Honda Accord 2005 EOD for sale at N1m, outright payment. It was purchased as a Tokunbo in September 2017, for uber purposes, i am selling at a low price because, i need additional funds for other purposes.
The car has been active on Nigeria roads for less than 5 months.
Options for CHS @ a value of N1.2m is possible, based upon a down payment.
if interested send your phone number to enlightbookstore@gmail.com, or leave ur whatsapp number.
Get a quick ROI by closing out this deal.

thank you.

What do you mean by CHS? And how much will the down payment be?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jarkbauer: 7:38am On Feb 28, 2018
olaboy1:

Have you asked yourself the security risk of displaying your customers number on a public forum, and revealing he lives in a mansion in Lekki.
What’s the whole point of his number now, what exactly do you want us to do with his number.
copying him makes it more difficult for him to even delete it. you could have copied him and delete the number out.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 8:12am On Feb 28, 2018
bily:

Why would the bill stop reading and Is it a common experience for the bill to stop reading?

Permit my ignorance

Am guessing this occurred on Taxify right? Dunno why so many issues seemingly on it, almost feels like a tokunbo app..never had such issues with Uber..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 28, 2018
olaboy1:

As a business man my first priority is to protect my capital and in this case the Uber car. So you mean I should give my car to a driver and then he hires a second driver and run the car on Uber for 20hrs daily and delivers 40k to me because I don’t have to bother on what other people earn. You can start up a company and run it that way please.

How do I maximize my investment if I don’t keep a tab on the overall cost of my investment. I don’t mind if the driver delivers less than what obtains in the market as long as everyone is earning what they should.

This is why I like Europeans, they argue with facts and don’t have such a low mentality to think I’m trying to hold another man down because I feel I’m better than them when in fact all I’m doing is risk assessment on my investment, same old sh$tty Nigerian beer parlor bogus conclusion.

I’m trying to hold another man down by creating employments so we can have more middle class earners way above the $2 per day an average Nigerian lives on, you must be high on something. I am not that Nigerian who argues with sentiment, if you have low self esteem and feel the aim of my analysis is to bring another man down then deal with it.

I worked with a black general manager one time who was very hard on white senior manager expats, and one day GM and I met at a social gathering and guess what he told me when I asked why he was hard on the expats “In business you must put all sentiments aside because you are here to make money and not make friends”.

You're just talking off-point. Why would you allow them run the car in shifts of 20hrs of course it would depreciate faster. You have trackers and fleet mgrs to prevent that. What people have been trying to tell you is that there is really no way the driver can earn more than you with the current pricing because he will only drive for so many hrs in a day and he incurs other costs e.g fuel, food & telephone calls which are embedded into his own take-home.

You're the one displaying a low mentality of entitlement with your constant obsession with whether the driver is making more than you are. If you're so bothered about that you should do the calculations and realize what a drive actually takes home since you get to determine how many hours he drives, as you're the car owner. But you sound like a very envious and greedy person with the way you focus on who earns more!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by goduzu: 8:30am On Feb 28, 2018
[quote author=Enyinne post=65425804]An Experienced uber / taxify driver needed for a corrolla 2006 model .
40k per week,slightly negotiable if u have ur upfront payment.
Providing a good guarantor ,working in a reputable company is mandatory
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 8:46am On Feb 28, 2018
olaboy1:

I don’t even know why I uploaded his number, maybe it’s anger or maybe I was high or maybe I want other drivers to be careful with that man and his number, so it won’t happen to them too, did not give out his full address in Lekki. deal with it grin grin grin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ridwanadedapo(m): 8:51am On Feb 28, 2018
A rider still owing me 120k since December till this morning. I will definitely get my money from him. Nobody owes the god of iron, you will pay grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:53am On Feb 28, 2018
ridwanadedapo:
A rider still owing me 120k since December till this morning. I will definitely get my money from him. Nobody owes the god of iron, you will pay grin

Did you take a trip to borno on boost? shocked shocked shocked

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ridwanadedapo(m): 9:15am On Feb 28, 2018
I was with him for a week and we had an agreement. He wanted to pay part but I refused cos I either get it all or nothing! Mr Gazzuzz how is business and do you really know me?

GAZZUZZ:

Did you take a trip to borno on boost? shocked shocked shocked
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:28am On Feb 28, 2018
ridwanadedapo:
I was with him for a week and we had an agreement. He wanted to pay part but I refused cos I either get it all or nothing! Mr Gazzuzz how is business and do you really know me?

Very well. EKO boys high sch. wink
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 9:34am On Feb 28, 2018
omonla10:
same here, carried some guys from abulegba to badore ajah but discovered that their bill stopped reading towards the end of 3mb{cos I always checked the bill on motion to avoid stories that touch} told them immediately. It stopped reading on 3000 and refused to increase. Even 300 toll did not add.. I immediately renegotiated with them which we agreed 3k extra.. Lo and behold, they paid 3k and promised to send 3k since last Tuesday.. Till today I still get stories that touch each episode for each day.. Would ever try that again though.
your app lost it GPS connection... If it was uber you will get full payment after sending complaints
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 9:40am On Feb 28, 2018
ifyeez:
I have pleaded for them to stop so we can discuss something more important. like yesterday, a rider promised to do a transfer after trip, till now he hasn’t made any, I have been calling him, he picks and says his on it. . 2k ride and this guy stays in a mansion in Lekki, his number 08131000007
if you promise to do a transfer, i can let you go, but it has to be on uber, so if you failed to, uber pays and deals with it. For taxify, you have to transfer while in the car. And i have 3 means to confirm the payment: Gtbank App, Email or SMS alert. At least one reflects almost instantly.... Shine your eyes guys
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ridwanadedapo(m): 9:50am On Feb 28, 2018
Are you kidding me right now?? Send me your number abeg.
GAZZUZZ:

Very well. EKO boys high sch. wink
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IWealthCreator: 9:56am On Feb 28, 2018
nifemi25:

What do you mean by CHS? And how much will the down payment be?

Sorry i typed CHS, i meant CHP... car hire purchase option is available, you can drop your telephone number here or email me at enlightbookstore@gmail.com for more details on the down payment.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oluwatoke1: 10:17am On Feb 28, 2018
olaboy1:

Your argument is baseless. Uber drivers don’t fuel the car from their own take home. Uber drivers remain employees just like any other job, and if they want to become partners then let them put down 1m Naira as part of car purchase, my friend that to me is partner.

Uber refers to investors as partners because Uber does not have the money to put 10,000 cars on its fleet in every region they operate, so they heavily rely on investors money and rightfully refer to them as partners. Try and follow the Estonian Taxify guy from its start up and how money was a huge set back for him.

Uber and many multinational companies have only liquid assets in Nigeria because they are very smart and don’t trust our system and it’s people to build massive infrastructure or office headquarters here. Any magomago they declare bankruptcy and move sharp sharp like olx because of people with mindset like you.

If you really want to become my partner and share profit with me 50/50, then bring your own 1m Naira or hide your face. Let’s change the narrative please

I really got enraptured by this comment. I am new here and I have interest in investing or partnering with uber. Old I will like to know does uber grant anyone à car or give one weekly payment upon paying 1million naira to them?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Daveonoja: 10:21am On Feb 28, 2018
slamstanlee:
if you promise to do a transfer, i can let you go, but it has to be on uber, so if you failed to, uber pays and deals with it. For taxify, you have to transfer while in the car. And i have 3 means to confirm the payment: Gtbank App, Email or SMS alert. At least one reflects almost instantly.... Shine your eyes guys
shine your eye too ooo Uber does not have transfer option ooo..cash &card...don't take promises..uber has told a driver that I know there are only 2options of payment...complete the outcome

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:31am On Feb 28, 2018
Daveonoja:
shine your eye too ooo Uber does not have transfer option ooo..cash &card...don't take promises..uber has told a driver that I know there are only 2options of payment...complete the outcome

when it comes to transfer, I am radically blunt with rider, if it is not gtb- gtb, I tell them to go and not pay that I will fill info rider did not pay
and they can pay next driver. I never wait for transfers, or give my self high BP hoping alert will drop. UBER always refunds.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oluwatoke1: 10:51am On Feb 28, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Hello Gazzuz. Being following this trend for a while now.. Kindly send me your phone number pls.. Or send it to my number if you wish not to make it public. Thank you. 08163699521
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chinchunchu: 11:00am On Feb 28, 2018
Once beaten twice shy...if u like..stay in aso rock...if I don't see my alert...u ain't leaving....
ifyeez:
I have pleaded for them to stop so we can discuss something more important. like yesterday, a rider promised to do a transfer after trip, till now he hasn’t made any, I have been calling him, he picks and says his on it. . 2k ride and this guy stays in a mansion in Lekki, his number 08131000007
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jarkbauer: 11:12am On Feb 28, 2018
oluwatoke1:

Hello Gazzuz. Being following this trend for a while now.. Kindly send me your phone number pls.. Or send it to my number if you wish not to make it public. Thank you. 08163699521

You just copied his number

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lekanlaniyan(m): 11:26am On Feb 28, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

when it comes to transfer, I am radically blunt with rider, if it is not gtb- gtb, I tell them to go and not pay that I will fill info rider did not pay
and they can pay next driver. I never wait for transfers, or give my self high BP hoping alert will drop. UBER always refunds.

My brother, UBER doesn't refund all money. I once reported about a lady I carried but she gave me her fee based on normal trip fee but I carried on surge.

UBER no refund until now .
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 11:36am On Feb 28, 2018
Let the general public know that henceforth, Romeo3 ceases to be a part of FLEETXPERT

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jarkbauer: 11:48am On Feb 28, 2018
Kayode Ogunleye Aka ogunvic4 You see your life.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by suyamasta(m): 11:50am On Feb 28, 2018
Romeo3:
Let the general public know that henceforth, Romeo3 ceases to be a part of FLEETXPERT
Why??
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 12:45pm On Feb 28, 2018
Daveonoja:
i am not saying uber has transfer option. My point is; if the rider promise to do a transfer and eventually did not. I will just report to uber at the earliest possible time, telling them rider didn't pay and walked away. Uber handles that and faces the rider.. Shine ya eyes
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by teelacruz(m): 12:50pm On Feb 28, 2018
Romeo3:
shocked lipsrsealed

I saw it coming......It has affected your presence and experience sharing here, welcome back Sir

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 12:51pm On Feb 28, 2018
Romeo3:

Good move bro, you should have quit long time ago when you noticed some funny behavior.

Although, you still have to answer for previous dealings. If Ogunvic41 is charged to court, you might be included in the charge sheet.

What I will advise you, is to make more effort to help find Ogunvic41, it will help ur case in court, because police will surely see you guys as accomplices.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olaboy1: 12:51pm On Feb 28, 2018
oluwatoke1:

I really got enraptured by this comment. I am new here and I have interest in investing or partnering with uber. Old I will like to know does uber grant anyone à car or give one weekly payment upon paying 1million naira to them?

Uber does not grant you a car. You need to find another partner with 1m and you guys can buy a clean tokunbo car of around 2m (Toyota is preferred).
You can drive it yourself or hire a driver and give him your conditions and make sure you monitor the car weekly mileage usage and do routine maintenance yourself base on manufacturer’s specification of your car.
Majority of the drivers don’t give a f$$k about your investments....so be wise
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by justifiedcoyy(m): 12:57pm On Feb 28, 2018
Romeo3:
I learnt something here.

Good move I guesd

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (5698) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: sunnymighty(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.