Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,317 members, 7,829,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4801726 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5298) (5299) (5300) (5301) (5302) (5303) (5304) ... (5699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 8:17am On Jun 15, 2023
GeneralZodd:
My brother dollar is scarce, the demand is very high. Nigeria doesn't have enough in reserve. Don't let anyone deceive you.

Personally, It's not a risk i'll be willing to take for now. Those foreign investors are really happy with the news and we may start getting serious inflow.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 8:25am On Jun 15, 2023
Pearl1910:

Dollar is going down...he just lost N100 per Dollar. That wasn't a right move, things haven't settled yet, market is still reacting to the new President.

Don't think so, do you know some filling stations have gone blank from 488 on their signage.?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:46am On Jun 15, 2023
pope191:

Gbam! There's nothing that scares me than union and cabals in these country. Buhari did a lot, but they still cut him to size. Tinubu maybe right along this toll, but what I see right now is a government of scatter it all and let the fittest survive. However, if they all key into one voice and union, the masses will be the one to suffer.

Buhari didn't do anything...he fed his kinsmen and his party people fat at the expense of the entire country and it's citizens.

Unions can't be stronger than the regulatory and enforcement agencies except the regulators conspire, connive and sell out the people.

The problem with Nigeria is weak and corrupt institutions. That's why Fed Govt can admit that Nigerias fuel is sold in other countries. Instead of clamping down on the smugglers they instead decide to remove subsidy and make us all suffer for their ineptitude. Same thing with Customs, same thing with CBN same thing with NNPC, same thing with NCAA, NDIC all of them are thieves working hand in hand with the operators to milk the system and the consumers

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:50am On Jun 15, 2023
Itsrm:

Not yet. It's still 750+ in the black market. It remains to be seen if banks can meet all the Dollar demand at 600+. If yes, then he will eventually lose money and if no, the rate at the black market will further increase.

Who determines black market prices?
This is a cabal and ones govt says enough is enough, it will reduce. They all have accounts in banks. So they can't operate without govt control/knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 8:50am On Jun 15, 2023
There's no need for attacks. People are entitled to their opinion based on their experience. If driver A says the hustle doesn't pay well, so be it.....that's his opinion based on his experience. He shouldn't be abused or talk down on because of it. If driver B says the hustle has made him build a house and build other businesses, so be it. He shouldn't be attacked based on it.

The good thing is that the hustle is not virtual, it is physical. Anyone can go on it and see for themselves, and then decide whether it is mouth watering or not!

I don't need to stress this anymore. We should learn to be civil and mature in our response. No need for uncouth response. No need for attacks. It doesn't make sense.

Driving upandan isn't what one should boast about. While burning the candles in school, did you ever envisage that you would graduate and become a driver? NO! I'm quite sure you have a valid dream, but then Nigeria happened and you decided to do it and build from it.
The hustle isn't what one should boast about. Infact, nothing actually is worth boasting about. Just be humble. Allow people air their views about the hustle, without attacking them. Live and let's live!

Pearl and pope love driving and they built businesses from this hustle, fine and good. Let them be.
Me, Gentle, Baz and 73O9 didn't build anything from it....fine and good. Let us be. Everyone's opinion is valid. "No need for attacks"

The other day I complained about my AC and I fixed it with about 120k. The AC don pack up again. This time, it is the evaporator. I'll spend about 54k to fix it. It is part of the hustle. Make and spend. It is my experience....not yours! Yours might be different

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:54am On Jun 15, 2023
GeneralZodd:

Nope, you re wrong, Naira was devalued at #630 naira few days ago. The official rate is now #630.
Black Market will certainly go up soon. Watch out

I bought 100 dollar with my 3 days earning on Bolt this morning, I am keeping it for future increase.

As I am making Naira, I am investing in Dollars

Hope for all hope that ur predictions will be right. And don't deposit your dollars in d bank. Last time u displayed it, u had already put it in d bank. Banks don't give cash Dollars again, u either transfer, use it for purchase or withdraw the Naira equivalent.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:03am On Jun 15, 2023
Barbiturate:
There's no need for attacks. People are entitled to their opinion based on their experience. If driver A says the hustle doesn't pay well, so be it.....that's his opinion based on his experience. He shouldn't be abused or talk down on because of it. If driver B says the hustle has made him build a house and build other businesses, so be it. He shouldn't be attacked based on it.

The other day I complained about my AC and I fixed it with about 120k. The AC don pack up again. This time, it is the evaporator. I'll spend about 54k to fix it. It is part of the hustle. Make and spend. It is my experience....not yours! Yours might be different

Omo, AC wahala.
I dread AC and overheating wahala the most.
Sorry about that Chief...u will recover all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:09am On Jun 15, 2023
Pearl1910:

Buhari didn't do anything...he fed his kinsmen and his party people fat at the expense of the entire country and it's citizens.

Unions can't be stronger than the regulatory and enforcement agencies except the regulators conspire, connive and sell out the people.

The problem with Nigeria is weak and corrupt institutions. That's why Fed Govt can admit that Nigerias fuel is sold in other countries. Instead of clamping down on the smugglers they instead decide to remove subsidy and make us all suffer for their ineptitude. Same thing with Customs, same thing with CBN same thing with NNPC, same thing with NCAA, NDIC all of them are thieves working hand in hand with the operators to milk the system and the consumers

Well I won't say much about him not doing anything. But remember he was the one that removed subsidy grin and there was this body odour of a thing, with zero tolerance for corruption and he still messed up. My point is let's give this government chance, observe for some time before saying anything.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:23am On Jun 15, 2023
Barbiturate:

The good thing is that the hustle is not virtual, it is physical. Anyone can go on it and see for themselves, and then decide whether it is mouth watering or not!

I don't need to stress this anymore. We should learn to be civil and mature in our response. No need for uncouth response. No need for attacks. It doesn't make sense.

Driving upandan isn't what one should boast about. While burning the candles in school, did you ever envisage that you would graduate and become a driver? NO! I'm quite sure you have a valid dream, but then Nigeria happened and you decided to do it and build from it.
The hustle isn't what one should boast about. Infact, nothing actually is worth boasting about. Just be humble. Allow people air their views about the hustle, without attacking them. Live and let's live!

Pearl and pope love driving and they built businesses from this hustle, fine and good. Let them be.
Me, Gentle, Baz and 73O9 didn't build anything from it....fine and good. Let us be. Everyone's opinion is valid. "No need for attacks"

I am not attacking anyone, they both have problem of understanding and filled with negative vibes. My joy is 7309 was able to find his way to Canada and so his story. Either a driver for or against, I could careless. My joy is for everyone here to prosper as we get along in life. I intentionally use those words *Not sure where he got his funds from* because I knew knuckles head we come for me. They are so predictable.

About dreams and aspiration... we honestly can't get to know people enough. Let's just leave it at that. I don't measure d*cks or put life over one. I have my perspectives and I don't force mine or allow anyone to force his on me. If I want to be in UK, it will only take time for processin to get me on that flight. All glory to God. And I'll keep saying it I never said the hustle is the best, I am giving all my best to get out. More reason I am always happy when I see a driver or anyone here take a step futher. Nothing more.

About your A/C it is well...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GeneralZodd(m): 9:27am On Jun 15, 2023
Pearl1910:

Hope for all hope that ur predictions will be right. And don't deposit your dollars in d bank. Last time u displayed it, u had already put it in d bank. Banks don't give cash Dollars again, u either transfer, use it for purchase or withdraw the Naira equivalent.

When it comes that I just have to apply Ogbon Sodiki grin.

Collect aboki Dollar account, transfer to him, and collect my money in cash, either in Dollar or Naira at black market rate and still making huge returns.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:28am On Jun 15, 2023
northbird:

Don't think so, do you know some filling stations have gone blank from 488 on their signage.?

Not noticed that...see ba, we will survive. Any amount they want to sell it, we will adjust accordingly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:53am On Jun 15, 2023
GeneralZodd:

When it comes that I just have to apply Ogbon Sodiki grin.

Collect aboki Dollar account, transfer to him, and collect my money in cash, either in Dollar or Naira at black market rate and still making huge returns.

The point I am making is, if Dollars is available only for payments like in d civilised world. And everything is done through the banks and the banks are also exchanging at an average rate then why will anybody buy from Aboki, or why will aboki buy from you at a higher rate if he can get it from the bank cheaper. Except banks say they don't have Dollars, that's when people will patronise Aboki.

Wo...all these things na initial gra gra. The naija I know, people will find a way around the policies and frustrate it, while govt officials will collect bribe and look away and status will quo. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 10:09am On Jun 15, 2023
pope191:

I am giving all my best to get out. More reason I am always happy when I see a driver or anyone here take a step futher. Nothing more.

Bless u pope at the bolded
Not everyone wants to drive forever, not me , not even cheerfulgiver.
This is Something most of this people do not understand.
But at the moment we are driving and making exit plans, new people are trying to get in the hustle, the best people should do is drop experience good or bad and also drop advice.
Not talking down on the hustle

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:11am On Jun 15, 2023
Pearl1910:

They (banks ) still give dollars..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GeneralZodd(m): 10:55am On Jun 15, 2023
Hope everyone is preparing for further increase of petrol. N600 - N700 soon.

Read all the info here on Business day

Information is power

https://businessday.ng/news/article/naira-float-may-force-nnpcl-to-review-petrol-prices/

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 15, 2023
YeyeGbami:

Congratulations bro. Your receipt valid grin
Before they say na congo you dey.
🤣🤣🤣😆
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 15, 2023
73O:

I wanted to write a long epistle as a reply, but in summary, the driving did not contribute a dime except to make living worse. Moreover, I have stopped driving since Dec 2021.
Another battle go soon start for this thread. 😆
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 15, 2023
BAZ001:

Tell them ooh….
Louder plsss

I sold my car, sold everything yet naira to dollars be like ice melting in water.
But they always want to count me among drivers that Ehailing helped to relocate.

I just dey look them every time dey mention it
Bad as e bad bolt money help you buy salt and maggi before you japa. 😆😆

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 15, 2023
Gentlelife50:

Thank you Bro for this, see how they are dragging anybody that has Japa as thier own.
Come what'sapp group and see how drivers wey wan Japa with Uber money full group dey ask how dey fit borrow money from opay and the likes, some dey even beg for wheelspanner and spare tire.
grin cheesy grin
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 15, 2023
GeneralZodd:

grin grin cheesy. Saw it too on Business day: I am patiently waiting for Pearl, Glithronix and Cheerfulgiveer to come and show off fat earning on dashboard when fuel hits #700 per litre. grin
I love this thread. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:08am On Jun 15, 2023
GeneralZodd:

Hope everyone is preparing for further increase of petrol. N600 - N700 soon.

Read all the info here on Business day

Information is power

https://businessday.ng/news/article/naira-float-may-force-nnpcl-to-review-petrol-prices/

Bros make una no deh threaten us grin Las Las everybody go rest.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 15, 2023
Itsrm:

The suffering has started and everyone is feeling the heat except those who are stealing money.

And we have not seen the worst days yet, things are likely to go really bad from here.
Exactly what I told someone this morning. Yes, Tinubu’s policies are for good. But are Nigerians ready for the consequences? Your average direct Belgium Corolla of 3m -3.2m can jump up to 5-6m.

The real effect of fuel subsidy removal is yet to set in. Right now we’re still playing.

We’re slowly getting to the point where only the fittest(fat bank accounts) will survive unless something is done URGENTLY.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:17am On Jun 15, 2023
Johnnybegood12:

Bless u pope at the bolded
Not everyone wants to drive forever, not me , not even cheerfulgiver.
This is Something most of this people do not understand.
But at the moment we are driving and making exit plans, new people are trying to get in the hustle, the best people should do is drop experience good or bad and also drop advice.
Not talking down on the hustle

Sometimes I imagine where Baz and Gentlelife get their views from. I've never said anyone should resign or pee on his boss. Out here is for survival. Ehailling won't get one 10m to process a good country. All I have been saying is all hope is not lost, don't put yourself down because you are a driver today. I am over ehailling, if I have problems now, it is obviously not part of it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by VaselineCrew: 11:31am On Jun 15, 2023
Anybody else having trouble login in to Bolt?

I get this message that I’m logged in on another device

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by wole212(m): 11:39am On Jun 15, 2023
I greet Bosses in the house

Please I'm looking for a car to drive
Rentals to remit weekly

Your car won't be overflogged

I stay in Oshodi

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:49am On Jun 15, 2023
Viking07:
Exactly what I told someone this morning. Yes, Tinubu’s policies are for good. But are Nigerians ready for the consequences? Your average direct Belgium Corolla of 3m -3.2m can jump up to 5-6m.

The real effect of fuel subsidy removal is yet to set in. Right now we’re still playing.

We’re slowly getting to the point where only the fittest(fat bank accounts) will survive unless something is done URGENTLY.

So how is this "for good"?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:53am On Jun 15, 2023
pope191:

Sometimes I imagine where Baz and Gentlelife get their views from. I've never said anyone should resign or pee on his boss. Out here is for survival. Ehailling won't get one 10m to precess a good country. All I have been saying is all hope is not lost, don't put yourself down because you are a driver today. I am over ehailling, if I have problems now, it is obviously not part of it.

Ehailing will give u N10million to process any country u want.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by VaselineCrew: 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2023
Anyone else having trouble logging in to bolt?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 12:17pm On Jun 15, 2023
Pearl1910:

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
Pearl1910:

Hmmm! If you don't mind me asking as a driver or investor?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 12:24pm On Jun 15, 2023
pope191:

Be calming down oga Ade, if you read my post you would have seen where I said I wasn't sure where he got is fund to travel. Never said it was from ehailing. I am not dumb and won't say what I don't know. 7309 has been a member on this platform and never at any point did anyone knew he stopped driving since 2021. So assumption is as good as said, but I was smart enough not to tagged his fund for travelling on ehailing.

The pathetic side of your ranting is you are still driving, get off the wheel like 7309 if need be. Don't be stuck rotating around fixed circle. These PTD syndrome sha.

Cc : Baz
Normal, expected.
Una no get another phrase, I will keep ranting it's not your ranting.
It's not you that told me to start driving and won't be the one to tell me when to stop, so this una phrase no be today we don dey hear and it's now stale.

If u vex go court, allow me to breathe don't suffocate me.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:25pm On Jun 15, 2023
GeneralZodd:

Nope, you re wrong, Naira was devalued at #630 naira few days ago. The official rate is now #630.
Black Market will certainly go up soon. Watch out

I bought 100 dollar with my 3 days earning on Bolt this morning, I am keeping it for future increase.

As I am making Naira, I am investing in Dollars

That one no concern me.

What interests me now is that U earn $100 in three days on ehailing. Inside this high fuel price, no surge, scarce trips. But somehow it is me and Cheerfulgiver that are the proponents of good earnings on ehailing. Kwontinue o. The people u r discouraging, I hope they Sha have sense to see all these signs.

The other ones that announced they will park their car, I didn't see their notice that they have resumed driving o. Meanwhile they are cashing out in d background. The people saying the plight is real and not by pictures of fat dashboard are not even drivers. If u want to start the business or invest in it and u r reading posts here and taking notes from these deceitful people, u will not see heardway.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5298) (5299) (5300) (5301) (5302) (5303) (5304) ... (5699) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: jstburner(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.