Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,217 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4772939 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5357) (5358) (5359) (5360) (5361) (5362) (5363) ... (5697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 7:11pm On Jul 14, 2023
Glithronix:

Say no more, boss. cool

Haaa, nah this one even worst pass, me don dey convert all bolt trips to offline o, already owing them 25k, still thinking of how to pay the money sef

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 7:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
Omoapena:

Body just dey pain me seriously, wasting of time and money for fuel...

Imagine 5k fuel can't even give you 15k...

This is so bad mehn...

Your tool has issues. Look into it so you can get better results.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 7:22pm On Jul 14, 2023
Omoapena:

This is so bad mehn...

Don’t even try it, the minimum fuel you need is 15K to do any reasonable work. If you dey buy 5k don’t be surprised that na 5k you go still use am gross.

You also need to spend more time on the road, like it or not.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 7:23pm On Jul 14, 2023
Conner44:

Your tool has issues. Look into it so you can get better results.

My tools doesn't have issues, 5k fuel is just about 10litres and that cost 2k before which gives us 10k before but the increment in bolt is just so poor that you don't even see difference between old price and new price....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 7:30pm On Jul 14, 2023
Omoapena:

My tools doesn't have issues, 5k fuel is just about 10litres and that cost 2k before which gives us 10k before but the increment in bolt is just so poor that you don't even see difference between old price and new price....

Yeah I agree that the price increment in the apps were not in tandem with that of governments fuel. You are supposed to find a way to be able to choose trips that only give you value for your time and money these days.

Using apps that send you to destinations against your will must make you lose some money this season. You have to find a way to be able to select your trips at least 90% of the time you drive to be able to turn a reasonable profit.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 7:33pm On Jul 14, 2023
Omoapena:

This is so bad mehn...

OH well, It is what it is bro. If you try to challenge the narrative been thrown around here, they will come for you.

I already zeroed my mind to make X2.5 of my fuel input, 10k fuel to gross 25k minimum. And I also drive less now because it's too much work, before I make my fuel money back, I'm almost tired, talk more of chasing profit.

All these talk of 'I'm making more money now ' doesn't seem realistic to me, but that's not my business.

Meanwhile, I only work at night except Sunday.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TheModerator: 7:36pm On Jul 14, 2023
xpresseeve:
Please how can one verify a claim by an applicant that he has been an Uber driver previously as stated in his CV.
His driving is subpar and his Knowledge of Lagos roads below expectation.

I am saddled with employing this person for a company and I am not convinced that he has actually been an Uber/Bolt operator previously?

Is there any document (or process) I can use to validate this claim?

The onus is on him to provide you with concrete evidence to substantiate his claims. It's like someone claiming to have graduated from an institution but doesn't have a certificate. The fact that his driving is bad and doesn't have good knowledge of roads makes it more suspicious. An average Uber driver can use google map except if this man is a stack illiterate.

Ask him further about his ratings on Uber, number of trips, what the terms "pickups and dropoffs" mean, where Uber and Bolt offices are located, how many minutes you can wait for a reder( the standard time is 5). Find out from him what passengers are generally referred to, his experience, best and worst experience.

But then I suppose this may not be relevant anymore as you have him driving for you already? If not you wouldn't have known about his driving and knowledge of Lagos? You probably have failed in your due diligence before employing him lol.

What next? In the interim, you have to thread carefully if he's already working with you. The red flag is already there but you must trust him with a pinch of salt while having your finger on the trigger.

If he's not yet working with you but cannot give you convincing answers to those questions above, then you should do the needful.

My consultation fee for the above is a 100k. You owe me already lol. Don't make me wait!!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 7:39pm On Jul 14, 2023
ReadaDream:
OH well, It is what it is bro. If you try to challenge the narrative been thrown around here, they will come for you.

I already zeroed my mind to make X2.5 of my fuel input, 10k fuel to gross 25k minimum. And I also drive less now because it's too much work, before I make my fuel money back, I'm almost tired, talk more of chasing profit.

All these talk of 'I'm making more money now doesn't seem realistic to me, but that's not my business.

Believe me, anyone shouting I'm making more money now is a big liar, all those figures they upload is a result of 10 to 15 working hours straight up and by the time they deduct money for fuel, you will realise they aren't making anything compare to the time spent on the work...

Bunch of liars

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 7:42pm On Jul 14, 2023
YeyeGbami:

Don’t even try it, the minimum fuel you need is 15K to do any reasonable work. If you dey buy 5k don’t be surprised that na 5k you go still use am gross.

You also need to spend more time on the road, like it or not.
You are right. Especially spending more time on the road.

Before from 4/5am that I start, latest by 2pm I'm done and close to my house. Only on rare occasions that I'd be out till like 6pm.

Since fuel increased, I tried day work like 3ce, omo past 7pm I was still struggling to meet target, the fares just they annoy me, and my fuel was going down like someone is using it with me grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Welz(m): 7:42pm On Jul 14, 2023
Omoapena:

stop buying 5k fuel, you're just stressing yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Halahhalah: 7:54pm On Jul 14, 2023
Conner44:

Yeah I agree that the price increment in the apps were not in tandem with that of governments fuel. You are supposed to find a way to be able to choose trips that only give you value for your time and money these days.

Using apps that send you to destinations against your will must make you lose some money this season. You have to find a way to be able to select your trips at least 90% of the time you drive to be able to turn a reasonable profit.

You this ode with your nonsense talk, you no get business about how dem dey make more on Uber, so no dey talks yarns for here.

You no see say im don cancel well well, meaning say bolt dey send nonsense trips go im side. Out of 10 requests, maybe na the 10th go be better trip.

Luck no fit dey come regularly wey you go dey see long trips for Bolt, anyone wey talk that one na lie.
The frustration wey im dey talk now na from useless request from bolt.

No dey put mouth for wetin you no get experience.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2023
Omoapena:

Haaa, nah this one even worst pass, me don dey convert all bolt trips to offline o, already owing them 25k, still thinking of how to pay the money sef
There's nothing worst about indrive, boss.
Na you probably neva give am time to really use am to hustle.
Try and dedicate a full day job on indrive and see which one is better.
If na newbie talk this one now, I go say maybe na because he's new to the game.
Shebi na the same indrive I dey use and I prefer it to bolt 100%. I started the hustle with bolt and I served bolt for like 5months.
Baba, abeg switch to indrive and see nahh.
Abi you dey drag 1k trips on indrive ni? grin
On indrive wey I dey use, any trip that's below 3.5k, I no dey near am.
It is well.

Much respect, boss.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by konkoabove: 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2023
Omoapena:

How did bolt allow the negative balance accumulate to 25k? The other day, one guy told me he was owing bolt 12k.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2023
Jibwillz:

Smooth!
But did you inform uber of the initial 1k paid? Or how did you go about getting the full payment from uber

My thoughts exactly. Hmmmm
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 8:03pm On Jul 14, 2023
Halahhalah:

You this ode with your nonsense talk, you no get business about how dem dey make more on Uber, so no dey talks yarns for here.

You no see say im don cancel well well, meaning say bolt dey send nonsense trips go im side. Out of 10 requests, maybe na the 10th go be better trip.

Luck no fit dey come regularly wey you go dey see long trips for Bolt, anyone wey talk that one na lie.
The frustration wey im dey talk now na from useless request from bolt.

No dey put mouth for wetin you no get experience.

Apart from the runaway congo clown and gentle that usually reserve their own likes specifically for you I am rest assured that between you and your horde of accounts you can scrounge up at least 10 more likes before midnight to make me look dumb (as you put it) and make yourself feel better grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by konkoabove: 8:17pm On Jul 14, 2023
ReadaDream:

All these talk of 'I'm making more money now ' doesn't seem realistic to me, but that's not my business.

Do you mind shedding more light to this or it's just personal?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 8:58pm On Jul 14, 2023
konkoabove:

Do you mind shedding more light to this or it's just personal?
It's peaceful to me. I don't get to deal with the real Lagos madness.

Myself and my car work less. Except for last Sunday that I went to Mainland twice, it's been awhile since I crossed 3mb.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TheModerator: 9:02pm On Jul 14, 2023
Conner44:

Apart from the runaway congo clown and gentle that reserves their own likes specifically you I am rest assured that between you and your horde of accounts you can scrounge up at least 10 more before midnight to make me look dumb (as you put it) and make yourself feel better grin

Nah, he's very right. How many trips can you select in a day? Even on the so called Indrive that your selfstyled goat mentor uses, no chance to be selecting rides that suits you these days, many drivers are waiting to knock you off your perch. Certainly not a strategy that can work day in day out in any of the other apps.

The trajectory and projection of the business drastically changed after the fuel hike. It's completely not making sense anymore.

You can see how Akinbowale has been fighting and cursing generation of people here. It boils down to frustration of the job taking a hit on him, but he will never admit it.

I'll always advise you to drive and find out yourself than believing what you read and hear. Things took a turn for the worse.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:02pm On Jul 14, 2023
pope191:

If nah sly or silly e for better, someone that is slyistically

U go collect u go shrink, if u call me slyistically again

I already know where , you , Gentlelife50 & yeyegbami belongs but doesn’t ruffle me at all.

I’m very gentle and respectful but if u hit me I will call Felicity to hit u back.

You will cry grin

First it was felicity100 & Pope191
Today northbird and pearl1910

I hope my new circle of millionaires go dey amuse me like dis grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 9:25pm On Jul 14, 2023
It's easier for to set destination to my work place and back

Glithronix:

Legend, this your analysis is on Bolt.
45k+ commission to bolt from 181k, that's too much for real. I guess you were not targeting bonuses, cos na bonus bolt drivers dey take compensate themselves.
I know say you been driving part time, but that's too much expenses, sir.
If to say na indrive, your commission on 181k is just N18,100. And you will surely be needing 60k fuel to gross the 181k conveniently.
Baba, why no switch to indrive nahh?

Much respect, sir.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 9:35pm On Jul 14, 2023
TheModerator:

Nah, he's very right. How many trips can you select in a day? Even on the so called Indrive that your selfstyled goat mentor uses, no chance to be selecting rides that suits you these days, many drivers are waiting to knock you off your perch. Certainly not a strategy that can work day in day out in any of the other apps.

The trajectory and projection of the business drastically changed after the fuel hike. It's completely not making sense anymore.

You can see how Akinbowale has been fighting and cursing generation of people here. It boils down to frustration of the job taking a hit on him, but he will never admit it.

I'll always advise you to drive and find out yourself than believing what you read and hear. Things took a turn for the worse.

Did you forget to switch your accounts or you just don't care anymore?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:40pm On Jul 14, 2023
BAZ001:

U go collect u go shrink, if u call me slyistically again

I already know where , you , Gentlelife50 & yeyegbami belongs but doesn’t ruffle me at all.

I’m very gentle and respectful but if u hit me I will call Felicity to hit u back.

You will cry grin

First it was felicity100 & Pope191
Today northbird and pearl1910

I hope my new circle of millionaires go dey amuse me like dis grin grin grin

Literally you re saying Felicity does not have sense. Once you push em, he will start. Well! He doesn’t have sense anyway.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emadamysy: 9:43pm On Jul 14, 2023
ReadaDream:
It's peaceful to me. I don't get to deal with the real Lagos madness.

Myself and my car work less. Except for last Sunday that I went to Mainland twice, it's been awhile since I crossed 3mb.
How about the risks , Lagos is a crazy place , How do you mitigate such

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:01pm On Jul 14, 2023
What needs to be studied is how "common Uber drivers" have made supposed gainfully employed people who claim to have better earnings, better health, better everything to become so useless and reduced to only talking about Uber drivers and their accomplishments. Even the ones that don't know how to drive have an opinion about how an Uber driver should live his own life.

Stupid people.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 10:10pm On Jul 14, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
What needs to be studied is how "common Uber drivers" have made supposed gainfully employed people who claim to have better earnings, better health, better everything to become so useless and reduced to only talking about Uber drivers and their accomplishments. Even the ones that don't know how to drive have an opinion about how an Uber driver should live his own life.

Stupid people.

Don’t think too far bro. As they have all pointed out self esteem is a huge factor here and that sh1t practically eats away at the souls of those who aren’t mentally strong enough to handle some of life’s many challenges.

Like for example take a look at the man below. He was a dollar billionaire for many years of his life but just the once ‘life’ happened to him and he became a millionaire he couldn’t stomach life as he saw it and had to take the long walk home.

Mental strength and stability is not everyone’s cup of tea especially in a country like Nigeria where the people have a dangerous herd mentality. What makes up a man isn’t how long he stands tall but how many times he was able to pull himself back up after falling flat on his face.

Because let’s face it . . . All men must fall at a time or two in life. Some even fall up to a hundred times but I’d respect the man that got back up after falling a hundred and one times over another that has been standing for decades just because he is being supported by strings attached to the ceiling.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:11pm On Jul 14, 2023
[sub][/sub]
Omoapena:

Believe me, anyone shouting I'm making more money now is a big liar, all those figures they upload is a result of 10 to 15 working hours straight up and by the time they deduct money for fuel, you will realise they aren't making anything compare to the time spent on the work...

Bunch of liars

It's an insult to everyone making big figures on this thread that someone who believes 5,000 a day is ok for a professional driver has an opinion about big numbers.

Stick to servicing your low paying indians.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2023
TheModerator:

Oluwole statistician. All you do is cho cho cho cho. You don't drive, you don't know shït. All you do is wait for a lazy driver to come wail, then you support him.

Do you have a better job or do you have a better strategy for drivers to make money or should we drown in the "kom kom" noise your empty head makes frequently?

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:32pm On Jul 14, 2023
12,000,000 house holds are to receive 8k monthly in Nigeria for 6 months, but Uber drivers are the problem

Una really dey mad

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TheModerator: 10:35pm On Jul 14, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
Oluwole statistician. All you do is cho cho cho cho. You don't drive, you don't know shït. All you do is wait for a lazy driver to come wail, then you support him.

Do you have a better job or do you have a better strategy for drivers to make money or should we drown in the "kom kom" noise your empty head makes frequently?

Mugwu. Show us your dashboard of 18houts of driving,. When Lekki traffic hammered your coconut head today, you ran back to your cubicle in Ayobo Lol.. Don't worry, heat will soon descend on Lagos. It will melt the little neutrons left of your brain while waiting for trips. You are back here this night to free up all the stress of today's marathon driving. grin

I'm back from work, I'm in my sofa bxxtch with my gorgeous girlfriend about to retire for the night while you are still out there running round like a stay rat being chased by hungry cats lol. The only difference between you and those rats is that you are being chased round in circles by money lol. It ought to be the other way round. Bitch!! You chase money not money chasing you.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 10:36pm On Jul 14, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
[sub][/sub] It's an insult to everyone making big figures on this thread that someone who believes 5,000 a day is ok for a professional driver has an opinion about big numbers.

Please be mild with him. The very day I heard him mention that his vehicle had subpar fuel economy I always knew he would keep on making these types of posts till he changes or tunes up his vehicle.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 10:40pm On Jul 14, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
12,000,000 house holds are to receive 8k monthly for 6 months, but Uber drivers are the problem

Una really dey mad

Also leave joel. He isn't mentally stable. If not for the dearth of practicing psychologists in the country we wouldn't have been made to manage his excesses everywhere on this forum.

See his present work below from whence he just came to relax grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 10:49pm On Jul 14, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
[sub][/sub] It's an insult to everyone making big figures on this thread that someone who believes 5,000 a day is ok for a professional driver has an opinion about big numbers.

Lol

Still clowning

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5357) (5358) (5359) (5360) (5361) (5362) (5363) ... (5697) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Mewales, sunnymighty(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.