Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,664 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4773426 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5360) (5361) (5362) (5363) (5364) (5365) (5366) ... (5697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sitmr: 8:56am On Jul 15, 2023
Pearl1910:

It doesn't just hide the check engine light. It decieves the ECU to think all is well and the correct amount of fuel and air ratio will be pumped into the engine.
If u don't use that then u can buy OED catalyst for your car, I am sure u know the price.
The other cheap catalysts are improvised and since u don't like spacers, u will not like those ones either. The cheap ones work very well as well, I just installed one in one of my cars two weeks ago and immediately there was marked improvement in millage by 50%.

You are very wrong. What spacers do is increase the gap between the exhaust gases and o2 sensors thereby tricking the ECU into thinking the catalyst is present.

What you are describing above is what oxygen sensors do. As long as your oxygen sensors are good, the correct amount of fuel and air ratio will be pumped into the engine. Has nothing to do with spacers.

And it's not that I don't like spacers, it's just total foolishness to buy one at the current price.

Instead of using 50,000 to buy spacers just to hide CEL, use the money to replace one catalyst and buy the other catalyst when you can afford to. That is wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 8:56am On Jul 15, 2023
Pearl1910:

It doesn't just hide the check engine light. It decieves the ECU to think all is well and the correct amount of fuel and air ratio will be pumped into the engine.
If u don't use that then u can buy OED catalyst for your car, I am sure u know the price.
The other cheap catalysts are improvised and since u don't like spacers, u will not like those ones either. The cheap ones work very well as well, I just installed one in one of my cars two weeks ago and immediately there was marked improvement in millage by 50%.

Most people think the front AF sensors are the same thing as rear O2 sensors. Their mechanics then force them to think their vehicle uses 4 total catalysts in their exhaust system.

I have seen someone who took his tokumbo vehicle for maintenance. After a while his mechanic went under the car, came out said there should also have been catalysts in the pots located near the engines exhaust manifolds where the AF sensors are connected to. The mechanic then proceeded to ‘rekit’ both AF sensor pots with some wire mesh materials to imitate catalysts.

Of course after the mechanic installed this foreign material into the AF sensor pots his usual mpg tanked by half and If not for the quick intervention of some friends to remove the rubbish his mechanic put in there his engine would have exploded.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dav1002(m): 8:56am On Jul 15, 2023
Pearl1910:

Say person move on to another thing no mean say him give up. Abi him tell u say him give up?

What about Felicity?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sitmr: 8:59am On Jul 15, 2023
Conner44:

You do not know much about the use of spacers to justify it being useless. There are 2 types of sensors connected to any modern vehicle’s exhaust systems and they are the Air Fuel Ratio Sensors and the main Oxygen Sensors themselves.

A 6 cylinder engine vehicle with a double exhaust exit piping system has 2 Air/Fuel ratio sensors upfront and 2 Oxygen sensors at the back of its exhaust system (eg. Lexus ES350) and it’s catalytic converters only function with the 2 oxygen sensors at the back of the vehicle and therefore has 2 catalytic Converters only.

The 6 cylinder engine with a single exhaust exit pipe has just 3 total sensors as the one on the exhaust side where the catalytic converter resides is a single pipe connected to the two coming out from the engine’s exhaust manifolds (eg. RX330) and its catalytic converters only function with the single oxygen sensor at the back of the vehicle and therefore has 1 catalytic Converter only.

The 4 cylinder vehicles usually have just 1 Air Fuel ratio sensor and 1 Oxygen sensor in its exhaust system making a total of 2 sensors and one catalytic converter only.

Now the work of a spacer is not to replace your catalyst converter itself but to trick your vehicle’s brainbox into believing that your bad/stolen catalyst is still functioning normally. A tokumbo catalytic converter (without any guarantee) can cost you as little as N300k and can run up to as much as N500k on some models of vehicles.

Those front sensors usually found near your engine’s exhaust manifold do not make use of catalytic converters and therefore cannot work with O2 spacers at all. Those ones use the Air Fuel Ratio Sensors are the ones that are crucial in maintaining your vehicle’s fuel economy while O2 sensors that are found near the catalytic converter system are mainly used in maintaining your vehicle’s exhaust carbon emissions to make it less of a pollutant in the city streets.

All these stories and you did not address the main point of the discussion which is that spacers only hide CEL and do nothing else.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 9:04am On Jul 15, 2023
Sitmr:

You are very wrong. What spacers do is increase the gap between the exhaust gases and o2 sensors thereby tricking the ECU into thinking the catalyst is present.

What you are describing above is what oxygen sensors do. As long as your oxygen sensors are good, the correct amount of fuel and air ratio will be pumped into the engine. Has nothing to do with spacers.

And it's not that I don't like spacers, it's just total foolishness to buy one at the current price.

Instead of using 50,000 to buy spacers just to hide CEL, use the money to replace one catalyst and buy the other catalyst when you can afford to. That is wisdom.

Try to read up about the differences between the sensors on your vehicles exhaust system. They might look the same but are both very different in the way they function.

If your car has a good oxygen sensor but a bad catalyst you will get error codes (you can use a spacer here to trick the ecu)

If your car has bad oxygen sensors but a good catalyst you will get error codes (a spacer cannot help you here)

Spacers only work where you have a functioning oxygen sensor but bad or missing catalyst on your exhaust system.

Most V6 engine exhaust systems have either 3 or 4 total sensors and a maximum of 2 catalytic converters on their exhaust systems.

No regular passenger vehicle that I know of today has a total of 4 catalysts on its exhaust system.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 9:06am On Jul 15, 2023
Sitmr:

All these stories and you did not address the main point of the discussion which is that spacers only hide CEL and do nothing else.

Read up about the relationship between AF sensors and O2 sensors. It’s a simple google search away from your fingertips.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sitmr: 9:06am On Jul 15, 2023
Conner44:

Try to read up about the differences between the sensors on your vehicles exhaust system. They might look the same but are both very different in the way they function.

If your car has a good oxygen sensor but a bad catalyst you will get error codes (you can use a spacer here to trick the ecu)

If your car has bad oxygen sensors but a good catalyst you will get error codes (a spacer cannot help you here)

Spacers only work where you have a functioning oxygen sensor but bad or missing catalyst on your exhaust system.

Most V6 engine exhaust systems have either 3 or 4 total sensors and a maximum of 2 catalytic converters on their exhaust systems.

No regular passenger vehicle that I know of today has a total of 4 catalysts on its exhaust system.

You are still ignoring the main crux of the discussion. Perhaps deliberately. Do you also sell spacers? cheesy

Do spacers increase fuel economy or not. Answer the simple question

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sitmr: 9:07am On Jul 15, 2023
Conner44:

Read up about the relationship between AF sensors and O2 sensors. It’s a simple google search away from your fingertips.

Do spacers improve fuel economy or not. Answer the simple question

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 9:09am On Jul 15, 2023
Pearl1910:

Abeg patronise me O. I dey sell.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 9:11am On Jul 15, 2023
Felicity001:

Ogun kill.you.dia

I understand why e dey pain.you.even.till tomorrow because na ur papa first wish himself death... So what do you have me do... I returned the favour to him and the next thing he was crying a river...lolzzz

Make I share live location so you go know say I'm not joking..

Or better still share your favourite location I'll tell.you I be area father... Even right in the presence of your father I'll flog you well well...

See this small pikin wey we teach how to drive manual car na him come dey get mind sit don with men dey drink bear for the same table... I no blame you...

Make una organize get together una no get mind.
Weda no be pump action I go carry come blow that your empty brain out

Let me hear my mention from again you go collect

Fuuu
Vivid imagination grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 9:16am On Jul 15, 2023
Sitmr:

You are still ignoring the main crux of the discussion. Perhaps deliberately. Do you also sell spacers? cheesy

Do spacers increase fuel economy or not. Answer the simple question

NO it doesn’t affect your fuel economy at all on some models of vehicles especially Japanese made before 2010.

But you made this same statement below which was wrong

Sitmr:

V6 vehicles typically use 4 oxygen sensors. Four cyls use two I believe.

Yes they could use 4 total sensors but they are not all the same or function the same way. And a vehicle can not use spacers in places where their AF sensors reside therefore a vehicle can only need at most 2 spacers at any given time to check its catalytic converter system errors.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sitmr: 9:17am On Jul 15, 2023
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sitmr: 9:22am On Jul 15, 2023
Conner44:

NO it doesn’t affect your fuel economy at all on some models of vehicles especially Japanese made before 2010.

But you made this same statement below which was wrong

Yes they could use 4 total sensors but they are not all the same or function the same way. And a vehicle can not use spacers in places where their AF sensors reside therefore a vehicle can only need at most 2 spacers at any given time to check its catalytic converter system errors.

Yes, you can tell I wasn't very sure from the way I worded the statement but that wasn't the main point I was trying to make.

Thanks for confirming the bolded. Those who sell spacers should be upfront about what it actually does.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 9:27am On Jul 15, 2023
Sitmr:

Yes, you can tell I wasn't very sure from the way I worded the statement but that wasn't the main point I was trying to make.

Thanks for confirming the bolded. Those who sell spacers would be upfront about what it actually does.

Yes they should be clear about its use upfront so people don’t buy more than they need and end up damaging their engines out of ignorance.

I’ve seen someone use 4 spacers at the same time on his vehicle before for 8 straight months just because he was fighting catalyst codes. If you see how happy he was a week after the two front ones were taken off (by force) you’d think he bought the vehicle afresh.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:28am On Jul 15, 2023
Sitmr:

You are confusing yourself.

Spacers work to correct the effects of a bad or absent catalytic converter.
Spacers will not stop emissions like catalyst do but will decieve the car system to think the emissions are normal.

Now OEM Catalysts cost minimum 200k, in some cars it's upto 500k. Is it not wisdom to use 50k to replace the work of 200k - 500k?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TheModerator: 9:32am On Jul 15, 2023
Conner44:

Yes they should be clear about its use upfront so people don’t buy more than they need and end up damaging their engines out of ignorance.

I’ve seen someone use 4 spacers at the same time on his vehicle before for 8 straight months just because he was fighting catalyst codes. If you see how happy he was a week after the two front ones were taken off (by force) you’d think he bought the vehicle afresh.

Even as a mechanic, you still failed grin contradicting yourself all over. Na your type dey leave jack inside engine. Just using Google. lol quack mecha!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sitmr: 9:33am On Jul 15, 2023
Pearl1910:

Spacers will not stop emissions like catalyst do but will decieve the car system to think the emissions are normal.

Now OEM Catalysts cost minimum 200k, in some cars it's upto 500k. Is it not wisdom to use 50k to replace the work of 200k - 500k?

Give your phone to Conner44. He's clearly more knowledgeable than you are.

I mean, you were the one who posted this earlier cheesy

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 9:34am On Jul 15, 2023
[quote author=Larry1960 post=124428990][/quote]

2005 Volvo S40. UBER
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:38am On Jul 15, 2023
davit:

Abeg patronise me O. I dey sell.

Lolz ...I didn't know.
I will chat u up.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 9:38am On Jul 15, 2023
Pearl1910:

I think his message was that using N50k to remove a dashboard’s check engine light that doesn’t affect a vehicle’s fuel economy or drivability in whatsoever guise is not necessary.

And in a way , according to our country’s vehicle laws he’s right. We don’t monitor or care about vehicle emissions here at all.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 9:40am On Jul 15, 2023
TheModerator:

Even as a mechanic, you still failed grin contradicting yourself all over. Na your type dey leave jack inside engine. Just using Google. lol quack mecha!

undecided

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:41am On Jul 15, 2023
Sitmr:

Do spacers improve fuel economy or not. Answer the simple question

Yes it does.
If u really know the work of spacers then this is a no-brainier. As far as catalyst has an effect on your fuel consumption, spacers will also do

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sitmr: 9:54am On Jul 15, 2023
Pearl1910:

Yes it does.
If u really know the work of spacers then this is a no-brainier. As far as catalyst has an effect on your fuel consumption, spacers will also do

cheesy

There are several examples of people even on this forum myself inclusive who have removed catalytic converter without any effect on fuel consumption.

You can believe whatever makes you happy.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:54am On Jul 15, 2023
Sitmr:

Give your phone to Conner44. He's clearly more knowledge than you are.

I mean, you were the one who posted this earlier cheesy

Argghh... I don explain tire.
These things are inter-related and interdependent.
Now at least, thank me for making u post more with this monicker.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sitmr: 9:54am On Jul 15, 2023
Conner44:

I think his message was that using N50k to remove a dashboard’s check engine light that doesn’t affect a vehicle’s fuel economy or drivability in whatsoever guise is not necessary.

And in a way , according to our country’s vehicle laws he’s right. We don’t monitor or care about vehicle emissions here at all.

End of discussion

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sitmr: 9:55am On Jul 15, 2023
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GeneralZodd(m): 10:00am On Jul 15, 2023
I am loving this new BOLT outstanding method. You make enough cash and profits before paying commission. This idea is really good in this fuel price increase period. Its really profitable now than the normal#10,000 threshold they use before.

I went from 68k - 14k debt

Paid my outstanding without skin pain.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:00am On Jul 15, 2023
Sitmr:

cheesy

There are several examples of people even on this forum myself inclusive who have removed catalytic converter without any effect on fuel consumption.

You can believe whatever makes you happy.

Really, that's not true.
You can't remove your catalyst and not have a noticeable difference in your fuel consumption.
But u can also believe what makes u happy. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:02am On Jul 15, 2023
Sitmr:

Only because my main monicker was banned by the antispambot when I initially responded to you.

Nothing to thank you for cheesy

Lolz... Oya tell us ur main monicker, maybe I will consider what u are saying and not waste money buying catalyst grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dav1002(m): 10:10am On Jul 15, 2023
BAZ001:

I kuku talk am now say u don turn veteran. I remember when u dey beg 4 rental car up & dan dis thread.

U are one of the example of the “ hustle is meant for some people and some will struggle in it”

With d way u going u will kuku shame dem pope191 and co dt says u will drive for 10 years

God no go kuku ma shame u

But he never still buy car like he said he would after 6months 😭

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:12am On Jul 15, 2023
TheModerator:

Did you make up to 15k net from this your suffer head dashboard? This is why anyone that is following you will always crash land and find himself in the gutter. You are just seffering for nothing.and working for filling stations.

From Olokunla to VI, that's a trip of almost 30km that would have taken at least 1hr, 30mim. You made N4800 from it. Deduct FUEL, you are left with about N1800 for the suffering of driving and picking up a rider from a very bad road. Cheerfulgiver you lack wisdom.

As if that is not enough, you took another trip from Admiralty to Sangotedo, inside one forest in Ogombo at night, a very bad road at N4400. Lol. A 35km trip. Where's the sense in this?

You are a very foolish hustler, for real though . Maybe is poverty that is making you act this way or village people are on your case and making you not to have sense?
Eeyah. I would have explained, but since you're jobless you won't understand the concept.

You don't know anywhere in Lagos. Ogombo is not a forest. If you weren't so stupid, you'd understand. And no, 15k is not what I netted. It was 30k. Even if I netted 15k a day, its still more than what your parents give you the whole month.

A quick check on your IP address reveals you're on hotspot. You can't even afford data. Chai. See who dey follow people argue for nairaland.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5360) (5361) (5362) (5363) (5364) (5365) (5366) ... (5697) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.