Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,272 members, 7,836,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4818950 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (5706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 9:28am On May 03, 2017
eghuan1:

Before you start, he must agree to send a copy of the payment statement Uber sends to him every week to you so you know exactly how much is to be balanced.

If he doesn't return your outstanding, just remove it from next week payment.

I'm all you do, don't accept anything above 40k weekly rental.

But that also depends on the NEW Uber pricing

When is the Uber pricing starting
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eghuan1(m): 10:05am On May 03, 2017
OlugbengaE:

When is the Uber pricing starting

I think next week, but they are holding a meeting with drivers today at Westgate hotel on opebi link road, by Sheraton in Ikeja.

You should attend.

Here is the invite I got;

Uber: Hi XXXXXXXXX, at Uber we are constantly looking for ways to improve value for our partners and your riders. After hearing your recommendations in recent roundtables sessions, we would like to invite you to hear about the NEW Uber pricing and how everyone stands to benefit from these. Please join us tomorrow, Wednesday 3rd May, at Westown Hotel, 7 Opebi Link Rd, Ikeja on every hour between 10am - 6pm. See you there!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 11:14am On May 03, 2017
With this new fare, is uber still profitable? Investors preparing to go on the run.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 11:46am On May 03, 2017
Partners will Still demand 60k weekly rental. grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 11:57am On May 03, 2017
chillex8:
Partners will Still demand 60k weekly rental. grin grin grin

Probably cheaper fare means much increase demand, so therefore more money, investors might demand more for weekly rental, because now cars will be more use for it to make money, meaning cars will get old quicker, than b4, so the best option is to maximize your profit, b4 cars get old.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 12:15pm On May 03, 2017
jpworld:

Probably cheaper fare means much increase demand, so therefore more money, investors might demand more for weekly rental, because now cars will be more use for it to make money, meaning cars will get old quicker, than b4, so the best option is to maximize your profit, b4 cars get old.

I can never do it. Ojodu to Island used to be 3500 will now be 1800. laye
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 12:44pm On May 03, 2017
Thank you for riding with Taxify!

We'd like to notify you of our pricing update; Taxify has the best rates to move you around in Lagos! 

We've lowered our rates to ₦200 base fare ₦55/km and ₦5.5 a minute  (lower than our usual rate of ₦360 base fare ₦81/km and ₦8 a minute);

Minimum ride fare will be at ₦300
During this period, we shall introduce Dynamic Pricing. 

Introducing Taxify Dynamic Pricing
We use dynamic pricing to get more cars on the road (drivers are giving up their larger earnings, after all. Let's reward them with a bit of a gift)

There’s a whole lot in it for you too!

The dynamic pricing system will ensure that there is always a ride available for you
The Estimated Time of Arrival will be a lot better so that you can get to your destination on time
You will be able to estimate the trip before hand to see how much more you will need to pay
N.B! We want to be the preferred and most affordable option for you and you loved ones to move around Lagos this period, and still, boost partner-driver earnings. Help us by spreading the word about Taxify.

As always, don’t hesitate to reach out to lagos@taxify.eu or tweet to us @taxify_ng with any questions, concerns.

From your friends at Taxify!

Uche
from Taxify
Unsubscribe
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 1:49pm On May 03, 2017
are they reducing their percentage too?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fantastique4: 2:14pm On May 03, 2017
OlugbengaE:

Thank you for riding with Taxify!

We'd like to notify you of our pricing update; Taxify has the best rates to move you around in Lagos! 

We've lowered our rates to ₦200 base fare ₦55/km and ₦5.5 a minute  (lower than our usual rate of ₦360 base fare ₦81/km and ₦8 a minute);

Minimum ride fare will be at ₦300
During this period, we shall introduce Dynamic Pricing. 

Introducing Taxify Dynamic Pricing
We use dynamic pricing to get more cars on the road (drivers are giving up their larger earnings, after all. Let's reward them with a bit of a gift)

There’s a whole lot in it for you too!

The dynamic pricing system will ensure that there is always a ride available for you
The Estimated Time of Arrival will be a lot better so that you can get to your destination on time
You will be able to estimate the trip before hand to see how much more you will need to pay
N.B! We want to be the preferred and most affordable option for you and you loved ones to move around Lagos this period, and still, boost partner-driver earnings. Help us by spreading the word about Taxify.

As always, don’t hesitate to reach out to lagos@taxify.eu or tweet to us @taxify_ng with any questions, concerns.

From your friends at Taxify!

Uche
from Taxify
Unsubscribe
I got the message from taxify also. We can now see that it's because of the competition between them that they are reviewing the fare. Exactly the same rate with uber . I hope it pays them at the long run...cos drivers might start dropping their cars when target is not being met, and as a result, alt uber/ taxify's plan of getting more cars on the road.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 2:50pm On May 03, 2017
Hahahaha. shocked. both taxify and uber will lose out on d long run.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 2:51pm On May 03, 2017
Hahahaha. shocked. both taxify and uber will lose out on d long
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 3:32pm On May 03, 2017
protocol:
Hahahaha. shocked. both taxify and uber will lose out on d long
they won't.

they just made transportation most efficient
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 3:33pm On May 03, 2017
increase in riders surely.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 3:38pm On May 03, 2017
Romeo3:
increase in riders surely.

BUT THE PROFIT MARGIN IS TOO SMALL.
you will put alot of mileage on your car

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fantastique4: 3:38pm On May 03, 2017
For those that are going for the round table discussion with uber, please kindly remember to feed us back on the outcome.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fantastique4: 3:42pm On May 03, 2017
OlugbengaE:

BUT THE PROFIT MARGIN IS TOO SMALL.
you will put a lot of mileage on your car
that's correct. Car owners will get to do more servicing and repairs. And cars get old quickly before you break_even on ur investment. I hope partners would be impressed sha. Besides, it doesn't stop the fact that u may not get a request in some areas that u take a rider to...except u drive out of that area.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 4:58pm On May 03, 2017
imagine

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 5:42pm On May 03, 2017
OlugbengaE:

I can never do it. Ojodu to Island used to be 3500 will now be 1800. laye

With what I have seen so far, Taxify is cheaper than Uber current rate, still drivers accept Taxify and even claim Taxify is better, uber is now offering the same rate with Taxify and you guys are complaining?

I don’t get it? What is the complain here?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 6:16pm On May 03, 2017
jpworld:

With what I have seen so far, Taxify is cheaper than Uber current rate, still drivers accept Taxify and even claim Taxify is better, uber is now offering the same rate with Taxify and you guys are complaining?

I don’t get it? What is the complain here?

You dont know ehn? both of them have reduced their fares and charge same thing

Before Today Taxify used to be
₦81/km now its ₦55/km
₦8 a minute now ₦5.5 a minute
₦360 now ₦200 base fare

Ojodu to Marina used to be like ₦3200 now its ₦1500 with AC even Oko Ashewo will charge you 2500 without AC

This will only wreck your car.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CavendishPlex: 8:44pm On May 03, 2017
It will be very interesting to see how many partners/drivers will be able to cope with this fare reduction and still find it sustainable. To break-even will become more tasking in my opinion.

Uber new rates go live tomorrow at 12noon which makes it at par with the Taxify offering. Both companies throw up the excuse that the reduced fares will inspire riders to take more trips. That's true no doubt, but have they considered the commensurate increase in the wear and tear of the cars?Bearing in mind that costs of vehicle parts in Nigeria like other commodities are soaring higher by the day without any hope of coming down, many partners/drivers are going to resort to "managing" the wear and tear. Riders should just get ready to make so much noise about riding in jalopies.

I can just picture the yellow cab baba smiling at this new development.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 9:10pm On May 03, 2017
CavendishPlex:
It will be very interesting to see how many partners/drivers will be able to cope with this fare reduction and still find it sustainable. To break-even will become more tasking in my opinion.

Uber new rates go live tomorrow at 12noon which makes it at par with the Taxify offering. Both companies throw up the excuse that the reduced fares will inspire riders to take more trips. That's true no doubt, but have they considered the commensurate increase in the wear and tear of the cars?Bearing in mind that costs of vehicle parts in Nigeria like other commodities are soaring higher by the day without any hope of coming down, many partners/drivers are going to resort to "managing" the wear and tear. Riders should just get ready to make so much noise about riding in jalopies.

I can just picture the yellow cab baba smiling at this new development.

My car is off this scheme. I am a partner driver. How can you offer such a comfortable ride and charge less than yellow cab.

The losers of this new price regime are the drivers. Uber will always make their 25% and the riders will pay less.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CavendishPlex: 10:05pm On May 03, 2017
OlugbengaE:

My car is off this scheme. I am a partner driver. How can you offer such a comfortable ride and charge less than yellow cab.

The losers of this new price regime are the drivers. Uber will always make their 25% and the riders will pay less.

Trust me, this is more than ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 10:15pm On May 03, 2017
This is just the beginning.

Expect more changes. The fact is the uber business model is no longer profitable.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 10:33pm On May 03, 2017
OlugbengaE:

You dont know ehn? both of them have reduced their fares and charge same thing

Before Today Taxify used to be
₦81/km now its ₦55/km
₦8 a minute now ₦5.5 a minute
₦360 now ₦200 base fare

Ojodu to Marina used to be like ₦3200 now its ₦1500 with AC even Oko Ashewo will charge you 2500 without AC

This will only wreck your car.

I think you are right, the competition between Uber and taxify, might end up destroying Uber in Nigeria.
If you have have been doing 10 trips for 10k, now you will do 20 trips for 10k.

If they truly want to stay competitive with Taxify, they should do the same % as Taxify.
Taxify seems to be lacking enough Partners and Riders, so they reduce the rate to get more people in, then Uber reduce it also to remain competitive.

What if this lead to many Partners withdrawing their vehicles?

every business decision is subject to modification, if its not working.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by princecemo(m): 8:00am On May 04, 2017
Pls house, Uber said guaranteed 1200/hr what if the trip is a 20mins 45mins trip. Will the 1200 still hold
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwayobuije(m): 9:33am On May 04, 2017
good morning guys, i recently registered as an uber driver, den proceeded to source for partners, i got a few calls and one is asking me to come n check d vehicle, but i just got this text from uber now

UBER: Your docs are approved! Do a screening test online or book an appointment at http://www.ubernigeria.com/calendar

does it mean i wont be able to operate fully if i dont do the screening? pls id appreciate a quick response, i hv that appointment by 2pm. tnx
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwayobuije(m): 9:36am On May 04, 2017

The losers of this new price regime are the drivers. Uber will always make their 25% and the riders will pay less.[/gud mrn gbenga, i recently registered as an uber driver, den proceeded to source for partners, i got a few calls and one is asking me to come n check d vehicle, but i just got this text from uber now

UBER: Your docs are approved! Do a screening test online or book an appointment at http://www.ubernigeria.com/calendar

does it mean i wont be able to operate fully if i dont do the screening? pls id appreciate a quick response, i hv that appointment by 2pm. tnx
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eluquenson(m): 12:19pm On May 04, 2017
If this is their plan, then both Taxi companies should reduce their own earnings to 10%.

This new development is not the best for business.

I just bought my Toyota Camry this week, but skeptical of the whole ish now

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CavendishPlex: 12:34pm On May 04, 2017
The end game for partner/drivers is that Uber and Taxify are no longer a profitable venture. The 20k you made last week has effectively been halved. For you to make that same 20k, what it means is that you're going to have to travel twice the distance you covered last week. So, assuming you spent 3k on fuelling to achieve that 20k of last week, you'd have to spend double that i.e. 6k to get that same 20k. Does this make any economic sense?

Guys, do your maths properly and don't be fooled by Uber's top-up game. It's all semantics like they always do. Shine ya eye!

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnadu: 2:40pm On May 04, 2017
I have a USA newly arrived 2009 Honda Civic (Mileage 90000). I have decided to place this car on Hire Purchase at a reasonable price. The only condition is that I demand 25% initial deposit. Call me on 08025369868 if you are interested. Thanks

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nyphemmy01(m): 2:43pm On May 04, 2017
Uber reduced base fare,kilometer and time,yet their 25% commission still stands..who's fooling who??.. If they truly wanna stay competitive, then they should reduce the commission. It was already difficult meeting up with the weekly rentals..now,it's close to impossible..unless there's a review in weekly fees of rental cars,trust me most drivers would drop their cars..a trip from gbagada to oniru,uber charged #1868..deducted their 25% and i'm left with #1387..a trip that formerly shouldn't be less than #2500 after uber..this is so not good!! Baba mulika the cab driver go dey use us(uber drivers) laugh now..a trip they can't do for less than #2500 without AC,we now do for #1300 with a 3.5 million naira car,with AC on full blast..partners should just be ready to do more repairs. embarassed embarassed undecided

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 2:48pm On May 04, 2017
everybody should stop driving uber or taxify

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (5706) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Abdulstoic, Donphilex(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.