Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,226 members, 7,836,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4818536 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (5706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by princecemo(m): 10:49am On May 05, 2017
Pls join the telegram Uber group. Just go to ur play store and download telegram app. Den drip ur number here some one will add u. Over 200 partners/drivers already

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eluquenson(m): 10:56am On May 05, 2017
princecemo:
Pls join the telegram Uber group. Just go to ur play store and download telegram app. Den drip ur number here some one will add u. Over 200 partners/drivers already
pls provide the link to join here
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 11:00am On May 05, 2017
eluquenson:
pls provide the link to join here
But you must join telegram first
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eluquenson(m): 11:01am On May 05, 2017
OlugbengaE:

But you must join telegram first
I have Telegram on my Tab, provide the group link for whoever wishes to join.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by JABB(m): 11:31am On May 05, 2017
Please ,Which Android phone work well with UBER APP aside from the approved devices?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fantastique4: 11:36am On May 05, 2017
OlugbengaE:
I requested 3 of those still working. All of them are on hire purchase and do not know what to do.

Me I be my own driver I don rest my cars till dem reset dem brains
are u on taxify? If not,i'll advise that u go on taxify. They now charge 5percent commission on the same fare as uber. All my driver friends are now offline on uber and online on taxify. It means that if u take a journey of 1500, taxify would take 75naira from it. Why won't drivers prefer it. Uber's 25percent commission is too much. I'm sure that taxify would record their highest sales today. I hope uber won't loose out completely at the end of it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fantastique4: 11:39am On May 05, 2017
JABB:
Please ,Which Android phone work well with UBER APP aside from the approved devices?
I use infinix hot4 and it works perfectly.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 11:48am On May 05, 2017
The fares are too cheap irrespective of commission. Even Without removing the commission the fares are lower than yellow cabs

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 11:50am On May 05, 2017
fantastique4:
are u on taxify? If not,i'll advise that u go on taxify. They now charge 5percent commission on the same fare as uber. All my driver friends are now offline on uber and online on taxify. It means that if u take a journey of 1500, taxify would take 75naira from it. Why won't drivers prefer it. Uber's 25percent commission is too much. I'm sure that taxify would record their highest sales today. I hope uber won't loose out completely at the end of it.
5% cannot keep taxify running on d long run. 10% or 15% is ok. both app are just confused
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 12:47pm On May 05, 2017
indomienoodles:

I guess something is wrong wit Whatsapp den. U can drop ur whatsapp no so i can add u
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 12:48pm On May 05, 2017
princecemo:
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by JABB(m): 1:06pm On May 05, 2017
fantastique4:
I use infinix hot4 and it works perfectly.
thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CavendishPlex: 1:21pm On May 05, 2017
OlugbengaE:
The fares are too cheap irrespective of commission. Even Without removing the commission the fares are lower than yellow cabs

Honestly, I fail to understand why guys can't do simple maths to understand that with these new rates whether Taxify decides to take zero percent (0%) commission or Uber takes its 25% commission, it just doesn't pay anymore to be on the road.

My take is only the stubborn ones will decide to brave this slavery, but only time will tell how many of them will continue with Uber and Taxify. Even Oga Taxi now has similar rates (N200 base fare/N5 per minute/N55 per km).

Let's see how far they can go when they are no longer able to meet up with rental fees/fuelling/maintenance costs and personal obligations.

I have 2 cars I personally drive registered with the 2 dominant companies, but I'm no slave to enrich anyone. My cars are off the road until such a time when Uber and Taxify decide to have a brain reset to default.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Aicebaba: 1:22pm On May 05, 2017
princecemo:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwayobuije(m): 1:26pm On May 05, 2017
thanks for ur response nifemi, but what about my drivers account? how do i get ratings n other stuffs if my drivers account isnt activated. the owner of the vehicle keeps calling... i went to uber alausa office bt was unable to do d screening test. is it possible to drive without an activated user accout? pls note i have done the registration on their site and vehicle owners contacted me through the site. i would appreciate another response. God blesd

Bro,you can go ahead with your appointment..disregard the message..but please,do not sign any agreement more than #40k ooh..as it is now sef,#40k is almost unachievable. so use your discretion!!..#my 2 cents though#[/quote]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 2:58pm On May 05, 2017
princecemo:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 3:06pm On May 05, 2017
fantastique4:

So mean to say the new fare is okay, just the Uber commission is the problem?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fantastique4: 3:28pm On May 05, 2017
jpworld:

So mean to say the new fare is okay, just the Uber commission is the problem?
never. It's not okay at all. I was just trying to point out the fact that 25% with the old fare was frustrating, talk less of the same percentage with the new fare. When u make 100k in a week,uber gets 25k and it remains 75k with u. When u take out cost of fuelling,lets say 25k, u are left with just 50k. This time,u will have to work twice as much and spend twice for fuel in order to achieve 100k. It's frustrating. I hope they revert it sha.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 4:24pm On May 05, 2017
Uber sending SMS to drivers to come online.
Lagos is surging
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ELff: 4:39pm On May 05, 2017
https:///joinchat/AAAAAEHji50hc5NrZvHSfA that is the telegram group link. Let's group and share ideas and suggestions on way forward. There's strength in numbers.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ELff: 4:41pm On May 05, 2017
. Uber refused to reduce their 25 percent, what kind of greed is that. Pure example of monkey de work.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SalauBabaa: 5:07pm On May 05, 2017
Please someone should please add my number on telegram or whatsapp group am also a driver ... 07036766459
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 5:54pm On May 05, 2017
chillex8:
Uber sending SMS to drivers to come online.
Lagos is surging
new riders on board
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 5:57pm On May 05, 2017
surge means more. with surge prices drivers can still make it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 6:25pm On May 05, 2017
Romeo3:
surge means more. with surge prices drivers can still make it

That's the problem. Our house is divided. Some of us are offline and some are online. How will uber or taxify take us serious.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 6:28pm On May 05, 2017
darmilolah:

That's the problem. Our house is divided. Some of us are offline and some are online. How will uber or taxify take us serious.

Exactly. I hate this divided house.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oxytech: 6:45pm On May 05, 2017
CavendishPlex:

Honestly, I fail to understand why guys can't do simple maths to understand that with these new rates whether Taxify decides to take zero percent (0%) commission or Uber takes its 25% commission, it just doesn't pay anymore to be on the road.

My take is only the stubborn ones will decide to brave this slavery, but only time will tell how many of them will continue with Uber and Taxify. Even Oga Taxi now has similar rates (N200 base fare/N5 per minute/N55 per km).

Let's see how far they can go when they are no longer able to meet up with rental fees/fuelling/maintenance costs and personal obligations.

I have 2 cars I personally drive registered with the 2 dominant companies, but I'm no slave to enrich anyone. My cars are off the road until such a time when Uber and Taxify decide to have a brain reset to default.

This Math again??
You can lookup some Uber analysis I (oxytech) posted earlier. The Math then, now, or in future, just don't add up.

The winners are Uber and drivers, but Car owners may lose out eventually. Effect, though delayed, may show up after about 1-2yrs.

There is one sneaky brother you guys are ignoring-"Brother Inflation"! angry

Headline inflation reduced in February and March, but don't smile; its just a distortion error, due to base effect of 2009=100.
Nothing is reducing! Short term, its safer to look at the month on month.
e.g. Food sub-index rose from 1.29 in Jan, to 2.21 in March: thats a 70% increase in cost of food since January.
Meaning: that 40K "delivery" that used to get you 10 Bowls of Gari in January, can only buy you 3 Bowls now!

Similar, (but of less % loss), would happen to car parts, oil, tyres, etc. - operating cost is increasing.
The Double whammy now is that; though inflation is chopping its own, now the 40K income is about to even reduce, on top.
Counting money........but you are actually getting poorer o!! undecided ........ (see you in 1-2yrs)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 6:57pm On May 05, 2017
I had this feeling that if Uber had retained their old prices most drivers would have switch off their Taxify apps. The only people that would have remained on taxify would be those who failed uber activation

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fantastique4: 7:17pm On May 05, 2017
OlugbengaE:
I had this feeling that if Uber had retained their old prices most drivers would have switch off their Taxify apps. The only people that would have remained on taxify would be those who failed uber activation
you are very correct bro. But unfortunately, none of their team members is intelligent enough to think of such intelligent point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnadu: 7:22pm On May 05, 2017
I expect car owners to be wiser. They will be the losers.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnadu: 7:25pm On May 05, 2017
I expect car owners to be wiser. They will be the losers.
I ve recalled my vehicles before the double wears and tears finally kill them Time will tell.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sleekender(m): 7:30pm On May 05, 2017
fantastique4:

Abeg how do I register on taxify? Do they have inspection centres in Lekki/VI ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (5706) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: MrCarter577(m), Nezzjnr and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.