Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,556 members, 7,823,441 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (665) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4773167 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) ... (5697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pattybf(f): 1:27pm On Apr 25, 2018
k2wise:

that was before 2018, post a picture of your DL if you did it this year and i will credit you 5k immediately

Don't doubt it, we r in naija. Dash me d 5k ,I need it more grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by famousguy01(m): 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2018
dru23:

You people that are buying elantra 2007 to 2010 model from the USA... please you need to stop ooooo... I ran away from buying corolla peacefully and you people want chase me away from elantra.... Abi you cast me from my uber business.... Please stick to your corollas ,corolla is fine and strong oooooooooo. And leave the elantra for people like me

Oga dru23, assist ur boy on how to bid for vehicle on auction site.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 1:36pm On Apr 25, 2018
k2wise:

that was before 2018, post a picture of your DL if you did it this year and i will credit you 5k immediately
how many months have we used this year sef? I am not a new driver biko
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:38pm On Apr 25, 2018
famousguy01:

Oga dru23, assist ur boy on how to bid for vehicle on auction site.

Na person they help me bid o.. I never get bidding lincense yet o. Carshopper fit help you....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 1:39pm On Apr 25, 2018
Chuwaa:

Go to VIO at new garage bariga in the morning and head straight to their FRSC office and do that,....documentation and capture. 5yrs 15k, 3yrs 10k
YOU'LL receive the temp card same day.

Alternatively go to VIO office Berger, same amounts, but the agents at the gate will highjacl you and sort you out. Process high is kinda weird because the compound is large and you can't on your own know where to proceed from. VIO will give you a 10 question obj exam too.
Always go early in the morning and you'll go with your temp card after capture.
dem no know.... Same way u do ur international passport express delivery, same way driver's license has express too... Whether 2018 or 208 BC

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ayesa: 1:47pm On Apr 25, 2018
Taiwo street
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 1:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
blackfm:

Those guys are just hungry. I ended trip and dropped rider off to another driver, she was magnanimous enough to add 1k to the fare. These guys were talking of 100k fine when we got to their lot. Its me they want to use to buy land.
I tried getting the fine online and saw they could sell it as a 25k offence.
Las las 7k drop. This rain better fall well, surge is needed
7k you are lucky the ticket wasn’t issued, if it was issued you would ve paid more than 25k coz Dey will send you to there training center at Anthony, after which a cert will be given to you, before can come and collect your car. Went tru that process just coz of seat belts. Sorry bro you will make it back, you just paid ur dews.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by super4la: 2:04pm On Apr 25, 2018
Uber/Taxify Driver needed for Toyota Yaris 09 (3-month-old tokunbo, 115K Miles) Hire Purchase. Call 08108924007

Are you an experienced Uber/Taxify driver with a good driving record, without having a major or minor accident driving within Lagos? screenshot of previous experience driving on uber/taxify will be required

Do you have 3 verifiable guarantors working in a reputable organization in Lagos?

Are you willing to enter a hire purchase agreement under which car will be transfered to you after 18 months of monthly payments?

please contact 08108924007 or send a mail to f_roms@yahoo.com
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by famousguy01(m): 2:11pm On Apr 25, 2018
dru23:

Na person they help me bid o.. I never get bidding lincense yet o. Carshopper fit help you....

Thanks Oga dru23, I go visit oga carshopper and oga gazzuz when my corolla arrive next week

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 2:34pm On Apr 25, 2018
ifyeez:
7k you are lucky the ticket wasn’t issued, if it was issued you would ve paid more than 25k coz Dey will send you to there training center at Anthony, after which a cert will be given to you, before can come and collect your car. Went tru that process just coz of seat belts. Sorry bro you will make it back, you just paid ur dews.
last month wen dem catch me say i beat traffic lights lol. Traffic light that wasn't visible at ilupeju bypass. The fierce looking officer take power bike chase me. Na 2k i give am last last. Say if i get LASDRI him go show mercy. Ok. I open my wallet show am my 'useless' LASDRI card. Funny day....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by wwwtortoise(m): 2:46pm On Apr 25, 2018
Are you a car owner and needs the services of a personal driver?

Do you know someone that knows somebody that needs a personal driver?

Search no further; I am here to render personal driving services to you.

PM me if interested.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 2:54pm On Apr 25, 2018
@dru23 ... we are loading ooo

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 2:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
super4la:
Uber/Taxify Driver needed for Toyota Yaris 09 (3-month-old tokunbo, 115K Miles) Hire Purchase. Call 08108924007

Are you an experienced Uber/Taxify driver with a good driving record, without having a major or minor accident driving within Lagos? screenshot of previous experience driving on uber/taxify will be required

Do you have 3 verifiable guarantors working in a reputable organization in Lagos?

Are you willing to enter a hire purchase agreement under which car will be transfered to you after 18 months of monthly payments?

please contact 08108924007 or send a mail to f_roms@yahoo.com

You need a robot.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lymelyte(m): 3:22pm On Apr 25, 2018
my fellow nairalanders, with all sincerity,i am writing this letter to request for assistance.Often in life one faces difficult circumstances and bitter realities. I am currently living such a situation where everything seems bleak and the only solution for me currently is to become an Uber or taxi fy driver. I have access to a car and inorder for me to register this car under uber platform and commence driving,I would need to obtain a new driver's license as my old one has expired. I am requesting for a personal loan of N35,000.I will return you in weekly payment of three installments with a total interest of 5%.Kindly consider my pitiful plight and loan grant. Praying and waiting anxiously.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 3:42pm On Apr 25, 2018
slamstanlee:
last month wen dem catch me say i beat traffic lights lol. Traffic light that wasn't visible at ilupeju bypass. The fierce looking officer take power bike chase me. Na 2k i give am last last. Say if i get LASDRI him go show mercy. Ok. I open my wallet show am my 'useless' LASDRI card. Funny day....
I did my LASDRI, when I was sent to there center at Anthony for training, from there I realized the LASDRI was a compulsory license from all driver in Lagos state,, so I just did it immediately, it was 2k. Last week I paid 3k dew to police, it was around 6am, I thought I can pull a fast one on no U-turn turning, immediately I did it, they came out from nowhere, I knew I had fall victim, so I paid up and left.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 4:14pm On Apr 25, 2018
ifyeez:
I did my LASDRI, when I was sent to there center at Anthony for training, from there I realized the LASDRI was a compulsory license from all driver in Lagos state,, so I just did it immediately, it was 2k. Last week I paid 3k dew to police, it was around 6am, I thought I can pull a fast one on no U-turn turning, immediately I did it, they came out from nowhere, I knew I had fall victim, so I paid up and left.
lasdri is only for people who are driving cars that don't belong to them. Whenever u beat a traffic light, let your mirrors be your friend. If you see them, divert and run.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Haderbayor123: 4:26pm On Apr 25, 2018
I'm so privileged to be at magician @gazzuzz workshop today and I learnt a lots His boys even for the fact that I did not meet the oga patapata himself at workshop, his boys are superb and experienced and they ran full check on my car free of charge. I say God will continue to bless you sir. I also met big boss @carshopper, the man is truly experienced. I say may your light continue to shine.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ifeanyimark(m): 4:29pm On Apr 25, 2018
Haderbayor123:
I'm so privileged to be at magician @gazzuzz workshop today and I learnt a lots His boys even for the fact that I did not meet the oga patapata himself at workshop, his boys are superb and experienced and they ran full check on my car free of charge. I say God will continue to bless you sir. I also met big boss @carshopper, the man is truly experienced. I say may your light continue to shine.

Free of charge? Na only me gazzuz no gree give free thing
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 4:32pm On Apr 25, 2018
Haderbayor123:

I remain Loyal

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kneo: 4:52pm On Apr 25, 2018
SOS. I need help. I am tired of this rental deal. I need my own car. Working day in day out, no savings. I meet up with the weekly remittances but have little left for me thereafter. I need my efforts to be worthwhile. I need a hire purchase deal. Who can rescue me? Please
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackfm: 4:54pm On Apr 25, 2018
Spunkalator:

Thank God..you will make it back bro.. meanwhile, abeg, which highway were you on? and how were you supposed to exit it? ive never heard of this offense before
The sharp guy act of exiting at the edge or tip of the exit/circled area instead of joining the exit queue aka creating a 2nd/3rd lane.
Happened on Ring road coming down to Force Road, there was traffic at the exit

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Spunkalator(m): 4:55pm On Apr 25, 2018
chillex8:

Really shocked
Hope you have heard about the "offside" rule too

Shey una fit drive for UK like this

Since una wey sabi driver for UK no wan tell us..dont bother, i ll find out myself..

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackfm: 4:57pm On Apr 25, 2018
Terrence15115:

Make sure you dont get a ticket. Negotiate with their ZEBRA and you should be fine. Again, ensure you dont get a ticket,
True. One stubborn guy that was stopped at the same time had his car towed and was issued a 25k ticket. Dunno what else followed

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Spunkalator(m): 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2018
blackfm:

The sharp guy act of exiting at the edge or tip of the exit/circled area instead of joining the exit queue aka creating a 2nd/3rd lane.
Happened on Ring road coming down to Force Road, there was traffic at the exit

Ohhhh..wooww..i didnt know it had a name..thanks for enlightening..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Haderbayor123: 5:04pm On Apr 25, 2018
We all should be careful while driving in traffic at night, something happened to me last night and feel like sharing it here, I was at Abiola garden heading to toll gate and there is always a little traffic around there at night, someone started beating my trunk that something is coming out from my silencer, i did not answer cos I sensed there is danger and I immediately wind up my 2 front window cos I wound down since am going home, before I know it, someone else was already by my passenger's side and used his hand to stop the rolling window from outside, took my phone and disappear(mind you, I did not hang my phone). I was like ooh, this dream should better stop now cos it can never be real cos all this happened between 2-3seconds. I couldn't stop my car to look out for them, and other cars around me was just going as if nothing has happened, some was even shouting and honking at me to leave the road and in my mind, I was like "YOU'LL ARE MAD, AIN'T HERE WHEN SOMEONE STOLE MY PHONE"

So let's all be careful whenever in traffic, don't hang your phone even when you wind up, and keep your phone at where they can't easily get it.

Seems the best way to go now is to do theft and burglary insurance since taxify cover is useless while you are not on trip.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Haderbayor123: 5:07pm On Apr 25, 2018
Because he knows you are a big boss on your lane unlike we that we are still learning and praying to get closer to you. grin

Ifeanyimark:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 5:30pm On Apr 25, 2018
famousguy01:

Thanks Oga dru23, I go visit oga carshopper and oga gazzuz when my corolla arrive next week

Thanks oga dru23 ? According to Gazzuz I be small boi o.. I dey manage my small boi self small small... no problem bro it is well... we are too big to fail and it is too late to fail too
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:37pm On Apr 25, 2018
Ifeanyimark:

you wey de pull pesin shoe, nah now bois don upgrade to Baygon, bros I fear who no fear you o! grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:41pm On Apr 25, 2018
Haderbayor123:
We all should be careful while driving in traffic at night, something happened to me last night and feel like sharing it here, I was at Abiola garden heading to toll gate and there is always a little traffic around there at night, someone started beating my trunk that something is coming out from my silencer, i did not answer cos I sensed there is danger and I immediately wind up my 2 front window cos I wound down since am going home, before I know it, someone else was already by my passenger's side and used his hand to stop the rolling window from outside, took my phone and disappear(mind you, I did not hang my phone). I was like ooh, this dream should better stop now cos it can never be real cos all this happened between 2-3seconds. I couldn't stop my car to look out for them, and other cars around me was just going as if nothing has happened, some was even shouting and honking at me to leave the road and in my mind, I was like "YOU'LL ARE MAD, AIN'T HERE WHEN SOMEONE STOLE MY PHONE"

So let's all be careful whenever in traffic, don't hang your phone even when you wind up, and keep your phone at where they can't easily get it.

Seems the best way to go now is to do theft and burglary insurance since taxify cover is useless while you are not on trip.

what are your windows doing down in traffic sir. As a rule if I wind down even in front of my house, I relocate my valuables.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2018
Insurance is very very important for ridesharing, your car is your business, traversing the city making money for you. It only makes sense to protect that investment.
Uber announced its insurance policy for drivers, and the figures seem good.

Here are Uber’s insurance figures:
Medical expenses Up to NGN 2,250,000*

Ground ambulance Expenses NGN 20,000

Permanent disability (total or partial) Up to NGN 7,500,000

Death Up to NGN 7,500,000

Funeral Expenses NGN 100,000

Annual cost to partner NGN 0

*Medical expenses amounting to less than ₦10,000 are not covered.

But there is one fact that isn’t here, and that fact is very important.
Uber’s insurance only covers Period 2 and Period 3. Period 2 kicks off as soon as the driver accepts a ride request, all the way till when the driver picks the rider. Period 3 kicks off as soon as the rider enters your car.
These are the two periods you are covered for in Uber’s insurance policy for drivers.
This means that Period 1- which is when you are not online on the app or when you are online but don’t have a trip request yet- is intensely risky for Ride share drivers.

This is called the rideshare gap.
Any unfortunate event that happens during this period is not covered by Uber’s insurance.

Needless to say, it is extremely important to safeguard yourself and your vehicle from hazards that may occur as a result of driving around town ferrying passengers all day
Do not treat your Insurance with kid gloves, get a good cover, one that takes into cognizance your job as a rideshare partner-driver.
Taxi App Guy has done research into the best type of Insurance especially for Ride share drivers. I will be releasing an update next week on just this topic, where to get the best rideshare partner-driver insurance policy.

Stay tuned.

Taxi app Guy, i write more at taxiappguy.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by famousguy01(m): 7:37pm On Apr 25, 2018
dru23:

Thanks oga dru23 ? According to Gazzuz I be small boi o.. I dey manage my small boi self small small... no problem bro it is well... we are too big to fail and it is too late to fail too

Both of you are oga ooooo, just say oga pass oga

(1) (2) (3) ... (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) ... (5697) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.