Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,415 members, 7,843,232 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4834331 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (5713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 9:38pm On May 11, 2017
Romeo3:
see.

we are not fighting. you really don't have to bark at every comment I make.

Uber is just a company. if you choose to drive with the competition, by all means do.

I am all about making money. and I use opportunities when I see them. if a company like lyft comes into nigeria and RIDERS prefer lyft to uber I will consider joining them. they are the only ones known to give uber a run for their money.

taxify has convinced me not.

my personal stupidity and I am entitled to it.

You are a dog for saying i bark . Uber Lyft Taxify are all the same to me

You response time is very short i can see you are driving...

Buhari has BMC(Buhari media centre) I can see you are from UMC greet colleagues ooo

good night
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 9:42pm On May 11, 2017
OlugbengaE:
Mr Uber, can you explain why they reduce their year qualification to 2003 if everything was rosy with your mighty Uber
is that rocket science?

to get more people using uber. riders aren't forced to enter the cars and riders can cancel a trip if they do not like the cars.

options and choices.

better cars get better ratings
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 9:44pm On May 11, 2017
GOOD NIGHT Team Lead Romeo3 and greetings to the memebers of the crew
Greeting to Ebi Atawodi(pepper enter yansh)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 9:47pm On May 11, 2017
OlugbengaE:
GOOD NIGHT Team Lead Romeo3 and greetings to the memebers of the crew
Greeting to Ebi Atawodi(pepper enter yansh)
if thinking I am an uber personnel will make you sleep better tonight , then by all means knock yourself out.

I am merely thinking out of the box and expressing myself. you don't have to like my opinions

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 10:04pm On May 11, 2017
Uber will shortly die in Lagos. It's been a long slow death. Taxify will follow. Then we will be back to the horrible experience of negotiating every ride, being cheated, robbed, and having our butts poked by seat springs in cabs in Lagos.

Why are ride hailing apps going to die? Well, it starts with not focusing on the customer experience. Uber has long been accused of focusing only on profits. In Lagos it is no different. The customer experience has been horrible since day 1. How can you be a professional driver whose only job is to use a map to find people and take them places on a map and you don't know how to use a map?

As one of the top Uber riders in Lagos, I have tried over and over. I make it my personal mission to teach each driver how to use the map. I even gave my map reading for West Africans lecture to the launcher for Uber in Lagos and volunteered to hold classes for the drivers.

But nothing worked. Uber shields itself from many things by saying, "They are not our drivers, they are our partner's drivers. That is not an excuse. The end result is that the customer is suffering, and has been suffering for years in Lagos.

So all of the sudden you start losing riders to Taxify. Why? Because you have been delivering a shitty customer experience for 2 years and people are desperate for a better one. Nobody left Uber for the price. They left Uber because the customer experience was terrible. I disputed a cancellation fee the other day because after 30 minutes I got tired of watching the driver drive everywhere but towards me. The response from Uber support was, "As a token of appreciation, we are crediting you the cancellation fee." It's obvious that the complete disregard, even hostility, towards customers goes all the way up the Uber management chain.

So instead of making dramatic improvements in the customer experience like deactivating all drivers with less than a 4.5 rating, and having a mass crash course on map reading, what does Uber do? Drop their price. Great, now you have instantly taken what was a luxury and turned it into a commodity where all that matters is the lowest price. You just destroyed the market.

Today I booked an Uber and the driver called me to say he could take me but not on the Uber app. I would have to pay cash. So I booked a Taxify. When we arrived after driving 20km over 1.5 hours, his fare came to 1,200 Naira. Because of the price war, his fuel cost was more than the fare. This is not sustainable.

So how can Uber save itself? Just like I said, focus on the customer. Stop depending on your partners to train their drivers. They won't do it. Get you hands dirty. Require a crash course in map reading for all drivers. Have secret shoppers and deactivate and retrain drivers that call riders and ask them "where exactly are you?" Instantly deactivate drivers that are rude or have more than 3 cancellations. In a few weeks Uber could retrain many drivers, improve the customer experience and start to gain some customer loyalty that would prevent everyone from going to Taxify.

Taxify needs to do the same if they expect to win in the war against Uber. Fix the buggy app, allow me to use foreign cards, and train the drivers better than Uber drivers, and everyone will switch.

If Neither Taxify or Uber very quickly focus on the customer, they will both die and the only winners will be the horrible yellow cab dinosaurs. Lagos won't be a livable city anymore, so please do something.

https://www./why-ride-hailing-apps-lagos-die-how-save-them-rich-tanksley

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 10:52pm On May 11, 2017
OlugbengaE:
Uber will shortly die in Lagos. It's been a long slow death. Taxify will follow. Then we will be back to the horrible experience of negotiating every ride, being cheated, robbed, and having our butts poked by seat springs in cabs in Lagos.

Why are ride hailing apps going to die? Well, it starts with not focusing on the customer experience. Uber has long been accused of focusing only on profits. In Lagos it is no different. The customer experience has been horrible since day 1. How can you be a professional driver whose only job is to use a map to find people and take them places on a map and you don't know how to use a map?

As one of the top Uber riders in Lagos, I have tried over and over. I make it my personal mission to teach each driver how to use the map. I even gave my map reading for West Africans lecture to the launcher for Uber in Lagos and volunteered to hold classes for the drivers.

But nothing worked. Uber shields itself from many things by saying, "They are not our drivers, they are our partner's drivers. That is not an excuse. The end result is that the customer is suffering, and has been suffering for years in Lagos.

So all of the sudden you start losing riders to Taxify. Why? Because you have been delivering a shitty customer experience for 2 years and people are desperate for a better one. Nobody left Uber for the price. They left Uber because the customer experience was terrible. I disputed a cancellation fee the other day because after 30 minutes I got tired of watching the driver drive everywhere but towards me. The response from Uber support was, "As a token of appreciation, we are crediting you the cancellation fee." It's obvious that the complete disregard, even hostility, towards customers goes all the way up the Uber management chain.

So instead of making dramatic improvements in the customer experience like deactivating all drivers with less than a 4.5 rating, and having a mass crash course on map reading, what does Uber do? Drop their price. Great, now you have instantly taken what was a luxury and turned it into a commodity where all that matters is the lowest price. You just destroyed the market.

Today I booked an Uber and the driver called me to say he could take me but not on the Uber app. I would have to pay cash. So I booked a Taxify. When we arrived after driving 20km over 1.5 hours, his fare came to 1,200 Naira. Because of the price war, his fuel cost was more than the fare. This is not sustainable.

So how can Uber save itself? Just like I said, focus on the customer. Stop depending on your partners to train their drivers. They won't do it. Get you hands dirty. Require a crash course in map reading for all drivers. Have secret shoppers and deactivate and retrain drivers that call riders and ask them "where exactly are you?" Instantly deactivate drivers that are rude or have more than 3 cancellations. In a few weeks Uber could retrain many drivers, improve the customer experience and start to gain some customer loyalty that would prevent everyone from going to Taxify.

Taxify needs to do the same if they expect to win in the war against Uber. Fix the buggy app, allow me to use foreign cards, and train the drivers better than Uber drivers, and everyone will switch.

If Neither Taxify or Uber very quickly focus on the customer, they will both die and the only winners will be the horrible yellow cab dinosaurs. Lagos won't be a livable city anymore, so please do something.

https://www./why-ride-hailing-apps-lagos-die-how-save-them-rich-tanksley

Commentators always think their opinion is the best, why not go out there and create your own Uber.

You dont want 2005 cars, because you want Uber to remain in the circle of the middle class, the poor will always outnumber the rich in Nigeria, any business model that target only high class, dont last long.

I think Uber reducing the age of the car is the best business decision they have made in Nigeria.

The current pricing remain horrible, but I believe Uber will increase their price soon. Dont forget it was Taxify that started the pricing war.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 11:30pm On May 11, 2017
jpworld:

Commentators always think their opinion is the best, why not go out there and create your own Uber.

You dont want 2005 cars, because you want Uber to remain in the circle of the middle class, the poor will always outnumber the rich in Nigeria, any business model that target only high class, dont last long.

I think Uber reducing the age of the car is the best business decision they have made in Nigeria.

The current pricing remain horrible, but I believe Uber will increase their price soon. Dont forget it was Taxify that started the pricing war.

Are you referring to me or the guy who wrote that epistle?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yummy76: 11:35pm On May 11, 2017
EngrSeries:

Kindly add me up 07061006006

Kindly add me up too 08123064329. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 1:50am On May 12, 2017
The business 1 here smiley
GAZZUZZ:

the smart 1 here, will contact you shortly
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Harveyspecter46(m): 4:51am On May 12, 2017
I paid N2,900 from Allen to egbeda and N2000 back to Allen on uber abt a month ago. Do these rates seem fair?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 6:19am On May 12, 2017
Harveyspecter46:
I paid N2,900 from Allen to egbeda and N2000 back to Allen on uber abt a month ago. Do these rates seem fair?

The word fair is relative....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 6:23am On May 12, 2017
I've not been here for a while, but why are we exchanging words here?

Seen loads of insults and inappropriate language. I can see we are getting emotional.

Take am easy o.

My opinion about the current situation

" Soldier go, soldier come, barracks will still remain "

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Harveyspecter46(m): 7:59am On May 12, 2017
mrsage:

The word fair is relative....
Am not a rich fellow, but I needed to arrive at my destination in style. A total of N3,000 would have been Okay by me.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 8:06am On May 12, 2017
Harveyspecter46:

Am not a rich fellow, but I needed to arrive at my destination in style. A total of N3,000 would have been Okay by me.
that is why uber reduced fares. they are the voice of the people.

lol

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by modash(m): 9:25am On May 12, 2017
Romeo3:
that is why uber reduced fares. they are the voice of the people.

lol

Oga this is business and it has to be profitable
Its not about rich against poor
I mean the client is king and he decides but people are different and their is a market for everyone
Its just like saying why go the the shopping mall when things are cheaper in the market
Or why fly to your destination when you can go with God is Good or ABC Transport

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 9:32am On May 12, 2017
modash:

Oga this is business and it has to be profitable
Its not about rich against poor
I mean the client is king and he decides but people are different and their is a market for everyone
Its just like saying why go the the shopping mall when things are cheaper in the market
Or why fly to your destination when you can go with God is Good or ABC Transport

Leave am. That's why my cars and many others are no longer on Uber.

Uber can even make it free.

Let uber buy these cars and see if they will take this ridiculous prices.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FraudMan: 1:55pm On May 12, 2017
OlugbengaE:

Beacuse there more riders and also less drivers too

Currently i know 34 cars that are off uber

Plus mine, making it 35........ lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by butterbread: 3:24pm On May 12, 2017
OlugbengaE:
Mr Uber, can you explain why they reduce their year qualification to 2003 if everything was rosy with your mighty Uber

I heard Uber entry limit is 2009? Is it now 2003? I really want to clarify that... responses are welcome.....thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eluquenson(m): 3:33pm On May 12, 2017
butterbread:

I heard Uber entry limit is 2009? Is it now 2003? I really want to clarify that... responses are welcome.....thanks
https://www.ubernigeria.com/accepted-vehicles/
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FraudMan: 3:58pm On May 12, 2017
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oxytech: 4:35pm On May 12, 2017
emydexter:

there is ............
servicing; 10k monthly =120k
tyres: 20k *4 yearly = 80k
respray; 60k+ yearly = 60k
shocks: 150k+ 1year depends on ur car model and ur drivers
miscellaneous = 5k mthly ..............
income: 40k *52 weeks = 2,080,000

Just saw the exchanges.... basically each person says/implies: my opinion, believe me, trust me, I just know??
Each partner, have their own "numbers", from their own parcitipation in Uber.

@Romeo3 and OTHERS...Are these given numbers an AVERAGE representation, BEFORE the recent new price war?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Alphageometrix: 6:17pm On May 12, 2017
FraudMan:

Plus mine, making it 35........ lol
plus mine, making 36. I've driven only once this week just to test the new fare and it's not worth it. Unless Uber cut's short their commission as well, if not the whole thing is rubbish.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ihimiray(m): 11:40pm On May 12, 2017
Mush:
I need a good driver, quote this Text with your phone no if interested
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toyclicks: 1:52am On May 13, 2017
Pls does anyone have a rough estimate of how much to be made from taxify business monthly. ( Both net and gross please).

How do I go through, and expedite the registration process for taxify?

I am not a Lagos resident and may not really know road PO. What do you advise? I am thinking of getting someone as an "assistant driver/pilot" to work with me for a month or so to show me road. But I don't know how riders would feel

Opinions please...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kappanu: 4:45am On May 13, 2017
toyclicks:
Pls does anyone have a rough estimate of how much to be made from taxify business monthly. ( Both net and gross please).

How do I go through, and expedite the registration process for taxify?

I am not a Lagos resident and may not really know road PO. What do you advise? I am thinking of getting someone as an "assistant driver/pilot" to work with me for a month or so to show me road. But I don't know how riders would feel

Opinions please...

The gurus will know better, but I don't think there's a provision to have an assistant driver/pilot work with you. Your best bet is to get a very good device with an updated map and very accurate GPS. You can sure take some lessons on map reading and navigation before you hit the road. Take it easy on the road, don't be in a rush and I'm sure you'll be fine.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Aicebaba: 6:55am On May 13, 2017
Romeo3 you are a very good hire for Uber. No need commenting further because you have already justified huge amount Uber pays you.

Romeo3 please don't comment again. Just drop your contact as Uber consultant and PR.

Trying to confuse people with your inhuman thinking wouldny help people because the number of intelligent people here outnumber the number of slack u can convince with ur wrong logic.

How can I a fellow black advice a black to re-enter into a slave trade...except the person hasn't collected bride.

We are talking about no profit in Uber, little profit from Taxify... Somebody without soul, Romeo3, is defending Uber.

May God have mercy on Romeo3. I can spot a wicked soul on Earth.

And please u guys should not ever reply Romeo3.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NextProdigy(m): 8:19am On May 13, 2017
Na wa o. All these unbecoming words on Romeo3 just because you differ in opinion?

Please, it's a free world and if Uber pays him let him continue. Whoever Uber doesn't pay anymore should quit and stop complaining.

LIVE AND LET LIVE!!!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ruksmaster1: 12:11pm On May 13, 2017
butterbread:

Yes Uber cars are now from 2003 upwards.
We are doing a free inspection at Maryland mall today!
You can join Uber by using the link t.uber.com/rukevwe or call me on 08175986819!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 1:29pm On May 13, 2017
NextProdigy:
Na wa o. All these unbecoming words on Romeo3 just because you differ in opinion?

Please, it's a free world and if Uber pays him let him continue. Whoever Uber doesn't pay anymore should quit and stop complaining.

LIVE AND LET LIVE!!!
Nigerians for you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 13, 2017
Is it possible to make 100k a week on taxify?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by naijacutee(f): 3:01pm On May 13, 2017
Can I ask one question?

Why are new partners not buying Toyota Prius vehicles for Uber?

These are hybrid vehicles and journies under 30mph use no petrol (they use electricity).

This is what we use as a family car and sometimes we go 2-3 weeks on a full tank. For a business that is petrol dependent, this seems like a no-brainer.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 3:07pm On May 13, 2017
naijacutee:
Can I ask one question?

Why are new partners not buying Toyota Prius vehicles for Uber?

These are hybrid vehicles and journies under 30mph use no petrol (they use electricity).

This is what we use as a family car and sometimes we go 2-3 weeks on a full tank. For a business that is petrol dependent, this seems like a no-brainer.

Maintenance cost is high as there are not many mechanics that can fix an hybrid engine if it develops a serious fault.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (5713) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.