Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (714) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4755533 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:47am On May 16, 2018
darmilolah:
There is one issue affecting drivers but nobody have talked about it.

Why is it that most partners find it hard to remit excess of Uber payment. That is... Drivers' card trip of previous week is more than the rental.

I noticed most partners find it difficult to transfer the remaining balance to their driver.

I think that's Greed na

Just look for a reputable fleet coy or partner .. We have lots of them here on the forum.. And me personally I can't come and spoil my name ..people know me here ,I have a brand to protect
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:47am On May 16, 2018
bluehorizo:
It's so crazy when you pick a rider from Sheraton,Ikeja to Fara Park after Shangotedo. Me feeling so cool that I have hammered only to end trip and you got 2200������

It is true. I decline any trip going beyond Abraham Adesanya round about towards Epe axis because the taxify app doesn't calculate the fare correctly.

I guess it has to do with the GPS mapping or something.

About 3months ago, I picked-up a female rider from “Megamound Ave” inside Lekki County Homes.

She wanted to go drop some stuffs to her younger sister who is schooling at the
Pan Atlantic University (Km 52, Lekki-Epe Expressway after Eleko Beach Junction).

The lady told me I'd have to bring her back to The Palms and that she needed to pick-up a friend inside Abraham Adesanya Estate on our way.

I began to jubilate & gyrate clandestinely because I thought the trip would fetch me atleast 12k grin

We kicked off & it took me close to 40minutes to even pick-up her friend inside Abraham Adesanya Estate because:

1.) The friend did not have authority or clearance to invite any guest into the Estate, so she had to wait for her grandmother to call the security at the gate to allow us in.

2.) The lady in my car did not know her friend's address because it was her first time of visiting, so we had to ask around.

Eventually, we picked up the friend and the journey to Pan Atlantic University began.

Mehn! The traffic na die. It took me over an hour to locate the University and then another 1hour to drop both of them at the Palms.

I ended the trip while smiling - only for me to see 2,500Naira on the app. It was a cash trip.

I wanted to shout so people can gather & help me collect my money from the riders but then Orunmila quickly nudged me to keep quiet because I wasn't driving a yellow cab. grin

I drove out of the Palms & parked outside. I contemplated on the irunmole to invoke to help me burn down Taxify's office including all the drivers in training session.

Orunmila then reminded me to remember the day I picked up a rider from Mega Chicken Lekki to Igando and the fare was 13k - after which I just branched at “Funmec Joint” along Shasha Rd to eat a plate of hot pepper soup with 2 bottles of Heineken around 1pm - while other drivers were still hunting for riders. grin

I nodded my head in affirmation like an agama lizard & then drove home!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:50am On May 16, 2018
ifyeez:
Buh the guy has not asked anybody for a dime, when he does then we can alert our selves for scam by the said individual. Even if it’s a scam, less see the format the individual want to use nah. grin grin

Not yet now .. Na small small
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:50am On May 16, 2018
ifyeez:
This is the reason why the poor remain poor, while the rich get richer. They see opportunities as scam and impossible. You haven’t tried something you have concluded in your low self esteem that it’s a scam. I sorry for you sad sad sad sad

Please do apply. It is a golden opportunity that you must not miss.

If you need a car, please go ahead. If you already have a car of your own, it’s not bad to increase your fleet with an extra car using the offer.

At least you will come back to share your experience about the offer and either encourage or discourage other to take the offer.

We (collectively - Car Owners & Drivers) on this thread would be disappointed if you don’t take the offer since it isn’t a scam according to your stand.

Which profit-oriented financial institution in Nigeria would give you loan at single digit when inflation rate is double digits. Who will underwrite the loss?

Was the financial institution established for loss-making? No staff expenses, operating expenses or would they not pay dividends to shareholders.

The op claimed he get several drivers on the platform, we need one of the drivers to come forward with his testimony about the offer.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Doublecheck: 10:54am On May 16, 2018
dru23:

Yes now .. It is like me now advertising USA spec oil. With no prove that the oil is from Yankee or even self if the oil na fake or not.. Or was I taking Yankee picture of the oil as a tourist... well make he prove himself... just like anybody else that wants to sell a car without vin number..
Thank you very much, you said it all, you know on NL anybody can be anything but we must make sure that is not the case on this thread, there must be transparency and credibility, anyone claiming to be anything must first prove himself to be genuine so that we don't turn this thread to another scam page.

Thanks, I rest my case.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 10:55am On May 16, 2018
grin
Mjosh1000:
Pls any one with info on where to park and wait for request around ikoyi, obalande, ikeja, without scared of been towed by lasma , I av been a victim too many times, I am a newbie with uber all those lasma just dey use me chop.
�� I carry my boss last year December .cum drop em friend for traffic 4 okota round about,na so from no where dem wan clamp tire if I no open door,.i open door .we begin negotiate ,dem say we must reach office..Nna as I reach dere office ,these wolves turn to tiger��plenty offence full Lagos road

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 10:59am On May 16, 2018
Hit the road, bring home the cash..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:02am On May 16, 2018
Doublecheck:
I knew it had to be a Nissan, apart from being a mechanical and electrical mess Nissan is a death sentence, good to know you returned the car though.
Bros, I never get another one. The first was Nissan then this one again, I was managing it until it got worse. But then my mind have been telling me to go back
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 11:03am On May 16, 2018
Mjosh1000:
Pls any one with info on where to park and wait for request around ikoyi, obalande, ikeja, without scared of been towed by lasma , I av been a victim too many times, I am a newbie with uber all those lasma just dey use me chop.

Ikoyi - drive off Gerard road into any side street or drive into dolphin estate phase 1 or park view estate; Obalende - drive to keffi street, around the prisons and look for a side street off keffi to park; Ikeja is easy, just drive to the nerdc road (in front of shrine) and move forward a bit and park (don't give the boys there money ooo) or alhaja kofoworola street ( the street Lagoon hospital is), turn the corner on the street and park; or to Emina crescent, off Toyin Street.
Hope this helps

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Doublecheck: 11:10am On May 16, 2018
TheCar:

Please do apply. It is a golden opportunity that you must not miss.

If you need a car, please go ahead. If you already have a car of your own, it’s not bad to increase your fleet with an extra car using the offer.

At least you will come back to share your experience about the offer and either encourage or discourage other to take the offer.

We (collectively - Car Owners & Drivers) on this thread would be disappointed if you don’t take the offer since it isn’t a scam according to your stand.

Which profit-oriented financial institution in Nigeria would give you loan at single digit when inflation rate is double digits. Who will underwrite the loss?

Was the financial institution established for loss-making? No staff expenses, operating expenses or would they not pay dividends to shareholders.

The op claimed he get several drivers on the platform, we need one of the drivers to come forward with his testimony about the offer.

Don't mind that "I to know" fellow who will not jump at the offer but readily encouraging others to give it a try as if its everyone that can spot the red dots in a scam.

Like you rightly pointed even Islamic banks that are non-profit financial ventures will not dear throw up an offer like that, they might be non-profit but not charity.

It's still simple, if it is true we need contacts/ reference, even Buhari as presidio could not provide 3million jobs promised and one anonymous chairman is promising drivers single digit awoof cars.

Awoof the purge belle. But this one go empty pocket join.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 11:14am On May 16, 2018
darmilolah:

Why is it that most partners find it hard to remit excess of Uber payment. That is... Drivers' card trip of previous week is more than the rental.

I noticed most partners find it difficult to transfer the remaining balance to their driver.

I think that's Greed na

After two partners on this thread scammed me, I have resolved NEVER to pair to any partner account.

I can practically say every partner is guilty of that. Not really greed, but evil forces of money.

One partner on this thread was even deducting #52 bank charges from my excess balance for weeks.

Petty

Team #assurance

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Doublecheck: 11:25am On May 16, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Bros, I never get another one. The first was Nissan then this one again, I was managing it until it got worse. But then my mind have been telling me to go back
Bro there are many legit and credible bosses here that can give you a car I think gazzuzz, carshopper, dru23 and many others have cars apply with them you could be lucky to get a nice ride I have one VW jetta executive sitting but I am scared of putting it on the platform cause I don't know how well it will fare the engine is 2.0 though with good fuel consumption.

Whatever you do avoid driving Nissan brands on the platform if you want Peace of mind.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 11:26am On May 16, 2018
ifyeez:
Always make sure you have a steady network, bad network affect trip fare, always make sure you’re using the right phone.
I use WiFi, every stop I do observe the WiFi making sure there’s service were I am, till I arrive at my destination.
Try this and you won’t ve this issues again.

Please which Wi-Fi do you use and how Is the performance... I want to get one but don't know which one to settle for
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 11:33am On May 16, 2018
ifyeez:
Always make sure you have a steady network, bad network affect trip fare, always make sure you’re using the right phone.
I use WiFi, every stop I do observe the WiFi making sure there’s service were I am, till I arrive at my destination.
Try this and you won’t ve this issues again.

Bro, so which phone can you recommend in this regard.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by famousguy01(m): 11:36am On May 16, 2018
Pls how can I go about with the licensing of my just arrived vehicle, and how much will it cost me. Thanks to everyone who has been making this thread worthwhile, you don't know the favor you're doing to many of us

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 11:37am On May 16, 2018
chillex8:

After two partners on this thread scammed me, I have resolved NEVER to pair to any partner account.

I can practically say every partner is guilty of that. Not really greed, but evil forces of money.

One partner on this thread was even deducting #52 bank charges from my excess balance for weeks.

Petty

Team #assurance
grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Doublecheck: 11:42am On May 16, 2018
famousguy01:
Pls how can I go about with the licensing of my just arrived vehicle, and how much will it cost me. Thanks to everyone who has been making this thread worthwhile, you don't know the favor you're doing to many of us
It should cost approximately 36k just go to your local government complex or any FRSC office.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by countsparrow: 11:57am On May 16, 2018
Zoharariel:

It is true. I decline any trip going beyond Abraham Adesanya round about towards Epe axis because the taxify app doesn't calculate the fare correctly.

I guess it has to do with the GPS mapping or something.

About 3months ago, I picked-up a female rider from “Megamound Ave” inside Lekki County Homes.

She wanted to go drop some stuffs to her younger sister who is schooling at the
Pan Atlantic University (Km 52, Lekki-Epe Expressway after Eleko Beach Junction).

The lady told me I'd have to bring her back to The Palms and that she needed to pick-up a friend inside Abraham Adesanya Estate on our way.

I began to jubilate & gyrate clandestinely because I thought the trip would fetch me atleast 12k grin

We kicked off & it took me close to 40minutes to even pick-up her friend inside Abraham Adesanya Estate because:

1.) The friend did not have authority or clearance to invite any guest into the Estate, so she had to wait for her grandmother to call the security at the gate to allow us in.

2.) The lady in my car did know her friend's address because it was her first time of visiting, so we had to ask around.

Eventually, we picked up the friend and the journey to Pan Atlantic University began.

Mehn! The traffic na die. It took me over an hour to locate the University and then another 1hour to drop both of them at the Palms.

I ended the trip while smiling - only for me to see 2,500Naira on the app. It was a cash trip.

I wanted to shout so people can gather & help me collect my money from the riders but then Orunmila quickly nudged me to keep quiet because I wasn't driving a yellow cab. grin

I drove out of the Palms & parked outside. I contemplated on the irunmole to invoke to help me burn down Taxify's office including all the drivers in training session.

Orunmila then reminded me to remember the day I picked up a rider from Mega Chicken Lekki to Igando and the fare was 13k - after which I just branched at “Funmec Joint” along Shasha Rd to eat a plate of hot pepper soup with 2 bottles Heineken around 1pm - while other drivers were still hunting for riders. grin

I nodded my head in affirmation like an agama lizard & then drove home!

Funniest post i have read so far... I had one very bad experience on monday i got a request from Lekki gardens phase 2 eti osa... First of, google map directed me to pass one diabolic route, while trying to find my way down, i got stuck in mud, na den i sabi say, my village people dey for my back on monday, luckily for me some guys came out from no where to help me push d car out, ope o! While trying to get me out, i splash mud all over der clothes and mouth i apologized profusely, i dey think for my mind say, omo na God save me o... When i got to d gals place after so much difficulty talking to her, she just dey talk like say den put something for her mouth, na so she delay me like say na her papa get car. I couldnt leave cause i thought of all d iss i went thru to get to her destination... She finally came out, i just dry vex, me wey i don baff up like d young man wey i dey portray myself to be, na hin i beg people for water make i take wash windscreen and car wey don dey splattered with mud... As we start trip, next thing i hear na, ur AC is not cold, i just hiss like snake for my mind, say dis one no sabi anything... We had a stopover at obalende then proceeded to Yaba, she is a Lag student as i check my uber app to see final fare, i just see 3,039... I just weak... Drivers dey try o!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 12:01pm On May 16, 2018
Why are drivers like this? I am actually tired.
One of my drivers actually chatted me this morning (his payment day) that 'He has not been working and that he is supposed to have told me, anf that he's been sick, How am i supposed to believe this? When u nva told me anything until d mrng of your remittance.
The other one said uber hasnt paid since ystday.
I tire for this guys.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 12:05pm On May 16, 2018
Cooladex:
One of my drivers actually chatted me this morning (his payment day) that 'He has not been working and that he is supposed to have told me, anf that he's been sick, How am i supposed to believe this? When u nva told me anything until d mrng of your remittance.
I tire for this guys.
yes uber just paid now. Use your tracker to know if he actually moved around last week.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by damoskiy(m): 12:05pm On May 16, 2018
Cooladex:
I tire for this guys.
don't you monitor their movements... Uber is not supposed to pay your driver... Uber is supposed to pay you.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ifeanyimark(m): 12:14pm On May 16, 2018
darmilolah:

I think that's Greed na

Do only taxify (more cash trips) for some weeks and dont pay, worked for me
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 16, 2018
Cooladex:
I tire for this guys.

The reason why I still can't give my car to any of them, I'll rather drive during my spare time & weekends. Those who do fleet mgt must either be Arsenal fans (very patient) or Abrahamovich (Chelsea Owner)
Meanwhile Uber has paid this morning.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 12:18pm On May 16, 2018
dru23:

If all things been equal and you not owning the partner a kobo ..you need to look for new reputable partner or fleet coy.. Bad partner or bad fleet coy needs to be put on blast.. We can't be collecting assurance deposit from drivers. And partners or fleet coy will not be behaving themselves...

I drive my own car oga dru(g). I had the experience before I bought my own car. I am always calling my partner before he will send my money.

A friend on this thread have left two partners because of this. His own case his even worst that partners dey always chook eye for him money...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 12:21pm On May 16, 2018
Cooladex:
I tire for this guys.
True. Uber just paid.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 12:24pm On May 16, 2018
Bro pls enlighten me, because all i get weekly is his remmitance, and d guy has already added like 10 drivers under one car since he started driving a month ago.
damoskiy:
don't you monitor their movements... Uber is not supposed to pay your driver... Uber is supposed to pay you.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by walesblu: 12:24pm On May 16, 2018
Hello everyone, I am a new driver on the uber platform and I'm interested in working with a partner on a weekly based remittance plan.

If you have a good car for rental on the uber platform contact me on
07010203777 whatsapp, text or call.
Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 12:26pm On May 16, 2018
Cooladex:
I tire for this guys.
Retrieve your car.
Join Team #Assurance

Any driver dat gives excuses, will always OWE
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 12:30pm On May 16, 2018
Ifeanyimark:

Do only taxify (more cash trips) for some weeks and dont pay, worked for me
Two wrongs don't make a right.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 12:35pm On May 16, 2018
Lol. Its crazy bro, bringing up stories when its time to remit, i changed it for him, he rished to d bank to pay sharply,
Olukunle343:

The reason why I still can't give my car to any of them, I'll rather drive during my spare time & weekends. Those who do fleet mgt must either be Arsenal fans (very patient) or Abrahamovich (Chelsea Owner)
Meanwhile Uber has paid this morning.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 12:37pm On May 16, 2018
Cooladex:
Bro pls enlighten me, because all i get weekly is his remmitance, and d guy has already added like 10 drivers under one car since he started driving a month ago.
How do u know he added 10 drivers, since he's not paired to you

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.