Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (736) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4742179 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 5:58pm On May 24, 2018
Carshopper:

That's y it's needless
Sometimes one have to be mad a little
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Yesbody: 6:49pm On May 24, 2018
what is the difference between the blue line and grey lines ?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 6:54pm On May 24, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Stop trying to justify yourself..some people will never ever get it no matter how hard you try.if you have a need for speed and the car is good to go then let fly abeg and stop all these holier than thou people telling you what is not.i was doing 120 yesterday on 3MB rider was quiet then we got to iyana isolo and I slowed down cos I was trying to avoid bad potholes and the rider goes do I normally drive this fast I was like and you kept quiet in 3MB...meanwhile in other news Uber suddenly pulled me up for vehicle inspection check and said until I do it am off the grid so am in freeze mode till 2morow I suspect my rider of yesterday put forward some bad report about me cos the car developed a fault just as we started the trip and I drove to Maryland roundabout which is safe so they could get another ride now uber don mark my car down...riders sha...uber never gree tell.me why I dey go do inspection but am putting two n two 2geda....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phargbemmy(m): 7:11pm On May 24, 2018
brogxy:
To all in the house, I want to know the safest place to sleep in the vehicle on the island.
I live at ipaja and requests don't take me to the mainland at nights.
Please help a newbie

GAZZUZZ
Gentlelife50
Chuwaa
slamstanlee
chillex8
chucsmoore
Carshopper

Enter Admiralty way, the street behind Tanterlizers is cool. Avalon area of Wole Olateju is fine, I do not know if people still sleep at Akwuzu street, close to providence( former Uber office off durosimi etti)

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Yesbody: 7:43pm On May 24, 2018
Ligali Ayorinde is very cook for u to take a sleep
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 8:00pm On May 24, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Cancel trip, stay nearby, if you are the only driver, you will be paired with same person again after chopping cancellation fee.

Sense will not kill you cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:05pm On May 24, 2018
You win some, you loose some

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 8:27pm On May 24, 2018
Gentlelife50:

just park your car on 3MB ...take off your shirt... u will see mad a little grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 24, 2018
agborichard:
Partners pls if any driver name BAYO wants a car from you, jst send me msg to confirm the complete name. i am currently having issues with a driver named BAYO now and i do not want to post his full name because i am taking legal actions against him and his guarantors very soon.

I think we need to create a group to share details of bad drivers...

Can you please share your story?

What happened or where did things go wrong?

What went wrong? Did he default? Did he damage your vehicle? Did he contravene any terms of the agreement? Or did he sublease your vehicle to other drivers?

If you have his moniker, tagged him to come say his side of the story.

Bayo is a very common name and we also have several Bayo (Moniker) on the thread.

We need to break the code of silence.

We need to praise, criticise and advise each other.

At least some people will learn the importance of collecting Verifiable Guarantors.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 9:05pm On May 24, 2018
nitigriti:
You win some, you loose some

I av several 80% and above

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 9:07pm On May 24, 2018
Use to think this was a myth
, just experience it first hand. I decided to switch device from my iPhone to my newly bought LG G6.
This evening got a request at v.I going to surulere, while on the trip at costain bridge decided to check the fare, I saw 1400, got to destination ended trip I saw 1000, tried explaining to the rider that it was GPS error, she said no that it's just 1k she has. I just smiled and said goodnight coz I know it will catch up to her

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 9:37pm On May 24, 2018
Epphy:

I av several 80% and above
80% is painful. I waited 40+ minutes for a trip to come in

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 9:40pm On May 24, 2018
ifyeez:
, just experience it first hand. I decided to switch device from my iPhone to my newly bought LG G6.
This evening got a request at v.I going to surulere, while on the trip at costain bridge decided to check the fare, I saw 1400, got to destination ended trip I saw 1000, tried explaining to the rider that it was GPS error, she said no that it's just 1k she has. I just smiled and said goodnight coz I know it will catch up to her
Funny, I check my trip fare during the trip; especially towards destination; and it's always slightly higher when I end the trip. I'm thinking the phone is not OK for the app

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cooldood(m): 10:06pm On May 24, 2018
Another camry 2005, experienced driver able to meet the following requirements, drop your number:
1. Upfront rental fee
2) 35k weekly delivery
3) Delivery twice a week

Cheers.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 24, 2018
ifyeez:

Boss, I understand you feel cheated but can you please take down the screen shot of your app.

It has sensitive information about your rider.

Her office address and residential address are visible on a public forum.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:13pm On May 24, 2018
Carshopper:

just park your car on 3MB ...take off your shirt... u will see mad a little grin

That one na craze naa.
Meanwhile, Something is happening here right now. Took a lady to one hotel in Chevy view estate only for Bros who she told me is going to pay to switch off his phone. She has no money on her, what do I do? The trip is still on since 9;45.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 10:18pm On May 24, 2018
Gentlelife50:

They accept wagons, the first car I used was a wagonlike vehicle. But they don't accept space buses or sienna. Ask they'll tell you.
I'm sorry if I sounded like I didn't know uber accepted wagons, I was implying that the car was in dire state.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 10:21pm On May 24, 2018
Gentlelife50:

That one na craze naa.
Meanwhile, Something is happening here right now. Took a lady to one hotel in Chevy view estate only for Bros who she told me is going to pay to switch off his phone. She has no money on her, what do I do? The trip is still on since 9;45.

take her home cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 10:25pm On May 24, 2018
Megadrop:
Please do anyone know the best car charger for phones, I have used quite a number but it's either their charging speed is very slow or they are busy discharging ur remaining battery while on charge. I need get a good one ASAP

New age appears fine. Been into it for a while now

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by agborichard: 11:25pm On May 24, 2018
TheCar:

What went wrong? Did he default? Did he damage your vehicle? Did he contravene any terms of the agreement? Or did he sublease your vehicle to other drivers?

Bayo is a very common name and we also have several Bayo (Moniker) on the thread.

At least some people will learn the importance of collecting Verifiable Guarantors.

Bayo is not his monika, i gave him my 06 tokumbo camry on HP (N35k) weekly without any deposit. after 2 week he came up with stories of hw he can be paying 30k because of family issues, i told him to continue with 30k for 3mnths in other for him to to sort wat ever family issues he has and then go back to the agreed 35k after 3mnth. but wen it was time to strt 35k payment, he came with more family issues and i got tired and called for a meeting with him and my lawyer (meanwhile he carried forward 3weeks payment within that 3mnths he was paying 30k). after the meeting, we agreed 30k but he must make sure he doesnt not skip any week payment.

Before we left he told me he wanted to travel for 1week and he doesnt have somebody to secure the car with and as such he will like to park the car in my compound, and he explained to me that he will change the 2 damaged frnt tyre, spare tyre and the side mirror when he comes back because he was gng for an installation, only for him to call my lawyer after 2 days that the contract did go as plan and he wants to quite uber.

3 tyres are completely damaged, front shocks are gone, front and back bumper dented, passenger side mirror is damage, i am yet to ascertain other parts of the car because i traveled the following day he dropped the car. I have called my lawyer we are going to gt him arrested and also move against his guarantors because we agreed that his guarantor will be held responsible for any damaged caused by him that can not be taken care of by the insurance coy

Its painful because i knw he will still get a vehicle here on this platform..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by amarilo: 11:49pm On May 24, 2018
Who want to drive my sienna @ 50k/wk. Ajah to Ekpe Route or any other route starting from Ajah.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:00am On May 25, 2018
agborichard:

Bayo is not his monika, i gave him my 06 tokumbo camry on HP (N35k) weekly without any deposit. after 2 week he came up with stories of hw he can be paying 30k because of family issues, i told him to continue with 30k for 3mnths in other for him to to sort wat ever family issues he has and then go back to the agreed 35k after 3mnth. but wen it was time to strt 35k payment, he came with more family issues and i got tired and called for a meeting with him and my lawyer (meanwhile he carried forward 3weeks payment within that 3mnths he was paying 30k). after the meeting, we agreed 30k but he must make sure he doesnt not skip any week payment.

Before we left he told me he wanted to travel for 1week and he doesnt have somebody to secure the car with and as such he will like to park the car in my compound, and he explained to me that he will change the 2 damaged frnt tyre, spare tyre and the side mirror when he comes back because he was gng for an installation, only for him to call my lawyer after 2 days that the contract did go as plan and he wants to quite uber.

3 tyres are completely damaged, front shocks are gone, front and back bumper dented, passenger side mirror is damage, i am yet to ascertain other parts of the car because i traveled the following day he dropped the car. I have called my lawyer we are going to gt him arrested and also move against his guarantors because we agreed that his guarantor will be held responsible for any damaged caused by him that can not be taken care of by the insurance coy

assurance, assurance.... And say no to HP.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:34am On May 25, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

assurance, assurance.... And say no to HP.

Well when I started this assurance campaign thing.. People think say I was nutcase... or I dey smoke something again ..but let us give him credit for coming out .. So that others will learn . Are you aware that a lot of uber drivers have a union of some kind. They discuss how to bind together for their own interest .. Only if partners/fleet coy can do the same. And can u recall when one guy was trying to convince me that I should do hp. On top my own stuff.. Telling me say hp was good and better than doing rental.. A lot of these partners don't have a clue what they are doing at all ..most fail to do their research..

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:40am On May 25, 2018
TheCar:

You shall live long my brother.. Your bank account shall be full with dollars and high currency...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:44am On May 25, 2018
agborichard:

Well thanks for coming out .. Hopefully future partners or potential partners will take note.. It is not easy o, you just have to take it like a man and move on.. You learn as you go and make adjustments... it is a jungle out here..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nameo: 12:52am On May 25, 2018
A Toyota corolla car available.

Interested drivers should note:

A security guarantee(upfront) of #35000

Weekly returns of #40000

Evidence of been in the uber/ taxify with good rating

2 verifiable guarantors

Signing a legal contract for the duration of service

Reach me through this No: 08078929501 (WhatsApp preferred)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nameo: 12:54am On May 25, 2018
dru23:

Well when I started this assurance campaign thing.. People think say I was nutcase... or I dey smoke something again ..but let us give him credit for coming out .. So that others will learn . Are you aware that a lot of uber drivers have a union of some kind. They discuss how to bind together for their own interest .. Only if partners/fleet coy can do the same. And can u recall when one guy was trying to convince me that I should do hp. On top my own stuff.. Telling me say hp was good and better than doing rental.. A lot of these partners don't have a clue what they are doing at all ..most fail to do their research..

Just new here as a partner....

Can I get ya contact. Wanna learn from veterans like yourself
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:08am On May 25, 2018
nameo:

Just new here as a partner....

Can I get ya contact. Wanna learn from veterans like yourself

Ha na carshopper and Gazzuzz be the real veteran o .. Me am operating from afar ..but I have a good team around.. I dey manage small small, the only truth I tell you. Don't expect to start making money rite away o.. Same weeks u will loss money, sometimes money made will go back to repairs. Do the basic check, guarantor, tracker. Address verification, assurance deposit should be around 15k to 20k .. Once the driver start to default, use their deposit to try and balance up.. Collect your car if the driver is messing up. It is better to have your car to sit and wait till you get a good driver.. Than to lose money and have them drop I meant dump your car in bad shape.. And than spend for repairs.

NOTE: "assurance deposit " will not solve all the problems. It will only help to reduce your risk.. Nobody wants to get f*@ked over, but at least nobody wants to be f@cked twice

Any assistance I can be of this is my email dru23@hotmail.com

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:47am On May 25, 2018
Meanwhile, it's high time Taxify start collecting cancellation fees. This is becoming unbearable.

(1) (2) (3) ... (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.