Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,148 members, 7,821,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (765) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4770122 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) ... (5696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sylvo: 8:39pm On Jun 06, 2018
Thanks so much, pls can u highlight what and what I need to do to register my car with the platform and is there any advantage of one platform against d other

taxiappguy:

2003 Camry is accepted on both platforms.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 9:16pm On Jun 06, 2018
sylvo:
Thanks so much, pls can u highlight what and what I need to do to register my car with the platform and is there any advantage of one platform against d other
Both platforms are good. Uber charges 25% and taxify charges 15%.
Uber has more requirements than taxify for registration. Taxify, just take your car and papers. Then go for inspection. Uber you need TIN, current account and a few other things, but no inspection. I'd say start registering for Uber first.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ShegsA(m): 9:35pm On Jun 06, 2018
Hello house, an Uber/Taxify driver is needed for a trip to Ibadan tomorrow morning.

Departure time is 8am from Ikeja. Interested drivers can contact me on 08030993190 for more details.

UPDATE:
Found a driver and negotiations have been concluded.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:21pm On Jun 06, 2018
ShegsA:
Hello house, an Uber/Taxify driver is needed for a trip to Ibadan tomorrow morning.

Departure time is 8am from Ikeja. Interested drivers can contact me on 08030993190 for more details.

disregard.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 10:43pm On Jun 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

disregard.
Not understanding, boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ShegsA(m): 11:15pm On Jun 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

disregard.

UPDATE:
Found a driver. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 11:19pm On Jun 06, 2018
Come pick this up for 750k.

Surulere.
Call or whatsapp me on 08158823542.
Selling for a friend.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 5:12am On Jun 07, 2018
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 5:46am On Jun 07, 2018
This is still valid. I just used it now.

Hello,
Taxify is giving free rides out again.
Here is the email taxify sent to me.
Hey Taxi App Guy, you’ve got ₦2700 in free rides!
To claim, please apply promo code “NG900X3” in your Taxify app.

Once you have successfully applied the promo code, you will get ₦900 taken off each of your next 3 rides.

So im giving it out to you guys. Go out and have fun, courtesy of Taxify and the Taxi App Guy.
Keep in mind that, even though its free, you have to add a payment method other than cash. And you have to have the equivalent cash in your account.

This code is also still valid.
SM47W . For first time users only.
Worth 3000

That is a total of 5,700 Naira worth of free rides thanks to Taxify.
I just checked, I have 29,000 worth of free rides in my taxify account, and I know I'm only still learning work.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Enyinne(f): 5:46am On Jun 07, 2018
Drivers are not scarce but strength and neatness of vehicle is now the determining factor. I hv 2 cars enroute Nigeria,drivers waiting on it, 1 person hold 500k ready for HP.

quote author=chillex8 post=68226657]
When I say, driver scarce. Una dey talk
See as car owners deh run promo

Omo, make I cash in joor grin

Legbegbe[/quote]

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 5:50am On Jun 07, 2018
To use a taxify free code, you have to have the equivalent cash in your account. I have missed so many free codes because I didn't know this.
If the code is 3000, you should have at least that in your account, even though taxify won't touch it.
But make sure not to exceed the free code amount, otherwise they'll charge your card without as much as a sideways glance.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 7:27am On Jun 07, 2018
It now comes with extensive one week coaching, and lifetime customer service. And we have reduced prices by 33%.
So we are receiving and fulfilling orders faster than ever before.
Within 5 minutes from contacting us, your book can be in your hands, we deliver that fast.
According to one of my Oga in the house. "If u knw, u knw". And if you don't know, it's never too late to learn, you can still know.
According to one of our users, after reading a copy, he said "The book saved me money, time and stress. Great value and really good service".

You can get one right now

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:38am On Jun 07, 2018
taxiappguy:

Like a bird.
Some 02 models make their way into Uber.
For instance i see 2002 camrys on the platform.
Ultimately, its Uber's opinion that counts.
Its them you should ask.
Here is Uber's live chat link
Uber Chat Link

Taxi App Guy
Talking about fuel efficiency from ur experience

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:39am On Jun 07, 2018
ziego:

Who invited this ode kwanu
He don vex. Pele
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:48am On Jun 07, 2018
Please any better drivers group? Someone should please send me the link. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 8:11am On Jun 07, 2018
deedee44:

Talking about fuel efficiency from ur experience

I remember the engine capacity of my highlander was in the range of 3.5 litres.
I'm sure I wasn't making as much as other drivers on the platform, bases on fuel calculations. But I was making enough to make me happy.
Every time I pulled up, riders somehow always just thought they were going to be paying extra money.
My point is, if it is your car, and maybe it's the only option.
You will make money if you plan on driving it yourself.
But it is a no no if you plan on renting it out.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 8:42am On Jun 07, 2018
Enyinne:
Drivers are not scarce but strength and neatness of vehicle is now the determining factor. I hv 2 cars enroute Nigeria,drivers waiting on it, 1 person hold 500k ready for HP.

quote author=chillex8 post=68226657]
When I say, driver scarce. Una dey talk
See as car owners deh run promo

Omo, make I cash in joor grin

Legbegbe

So, finally you agree with me, when I said earlier that most Uber cars are dead.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 9:00am On Jun 07, 2018
My people, please what is the fastest way to carry out new driver registration and onboarding with uber these days?

Also, what their new training like? Anyone knowledgeable in that aspect.

Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pafo(m): 9:21am On Jun 07, 2018
chillex8:

So, finally you agree with me, when I said earlier that most Uber cars are dead.

Some cars on the platform reach to fear person. Interior is average at best and the car itself has been on naija roads for years and someone still hopes to make 140k per month on them. No one likes anyone in this country.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:34am On Jun 07, 2018
pafo:

Some cars on the platform reach to fear person. Interior is average at best and the car itself has been on naija roads for years and someone still hopes to make 140k per month on them. No one likes anyone in this country.
Lolzz, I tell you my brother. And some drivers accept in the name of not wanting to stay idle, at the end of the day they'll label you a bad driver. Any that will be on E-hailing is supposed to be in top shape. I blame uber and Taxify not even care owners because they are supposed to be rejecting some of these vehicles.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pafo(m): 9:51am On Jun 07, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Lolzz, I tell you my brother. And some drivers accept in the name of not wanting to stay idle, at the end of the day they'll label you a bad driver. Any that will be on E-hailing is supposed to be in top shape. I blame uber and Taxify not even care owners because they are supposed to be rejecting some of these vehicles.

Being idle is bad, but running into debts and having a bad reputation is worse. Diligence is the key as somewhere along, someone will have a good car for you.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 10:06am On Jun 07, 2018
pafo:

In Nigeria, there are two types of Standard.
There is Standard, then there is Nigerian Standard. Its Nigerian cousin.
And the 2 dont even resemble each other.
They have nothing in common.
But as my people say, if you carry a bicycle to the petrol station and tell them to fill the tank. It is clear that you just want to gist, you aren't actually ready to do anything serious.
A normal car should be earning money. But a car that is unhealthy actually takes money from the partner.
It is the truth, if your car is not in top shape, you may end up losing more money than you are earning. Moral of my story before you put your car on Uber, make sure it is "Standard". And not its ugly Nigerian cousin.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pafo(m): 10:21am On Jun 07, 2018
taxiappguy:

In Nigeria, there are two types of Standard.
There is Standard, then there is Nigerian Standard.
And the 2 dont even resemble each other.
They have nothing in common.
But as my people say, if you carry a bicycle to the petrol station and tell them to fill the tank. It is clear that you just want to gist, you aren't actually ready to do anything serious.
A normal car should be earning money. But a car that is unhealthy actually takes money from the partner.
It is the truth, if your car is not in top shape, you may end up losing more money than you are earning. So before you put your car on Uber, make sure it is "Standard". Not Nigerian "Standard".

Thank you. A guy I know bought a used 03 camry for 550k and the car has been on naija roads for at least six years. He is hoping to put it on the Uber platform and earn 140k every month from that. Can u just see the height of wickedness in this naija; making 140k per month on an investment of 550k.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:35am On Jun 07, 2018
pafo:

Thank you. A guy I know bought a used 03 camry for 550k and the car has been on naija roads for at least six years. He is hoping to put it on the Uber platform and earn 140k every month from that. Can u just see the height of wickedness in this naija; making 140k per month on an investment of 550k.

I meet people like that all the time, their invoices are always over 400k grin they always run away sad

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AutoElectNG: 11:05am On Jun 07, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I meet people like that all the time, their invoices are always over 400k grin they always run away sad

550 plus 400 is still less than 1m.

Seems cheaper than tokunbo.

If that will bring vehicle up to spec not bad deal from my perspective.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pafo(m): 11:10am On Jun 07, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Hence the part he said "they always run away". They are not willing to spend that kind of money on it and even if they do, the car can still never be up to toks standard in all ramifications.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AutoElectNG: 11:20am On Jun 07, 2018
pafo:

Hence the part he said "they always run away". They are not willing to spend that kind of money on it and even if they do, the car can still never be up to toks standard in all ramifications.

Myth that a vehicle cannot be restored to manufacturer specs.

There is a whole industry built around that.

Is a question of money and time.

Google is your friend.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 11:23am On Jun 07, 2018
Started trip from Festac going to Oniru, followed alakija middle lane, to avoid mile 2 traffic, we got close to mile 2 on the middle fast lane.
Rider: Oga turn here less go back my cloth is chocking me, I need to change it
Me: embarassed embarassedMe turn were, madam that's not possible this is high way.
Rider: I see Danfo drivers turn here all the time, when am driving Me: Sorry i can't turn here will have to get to the right turn b4 I can do any turn.
Rider: I said am dying you are saying you can't turn don't worry continue going.
Me: got to Oniru madam please were at Oniru are we going to.
Rider: Refused talking again was playing mute now.
Me: madam please were are we going to now.
Me: now furious
Rider: making calls telling whoever she was speaking on phone with that she's dying and the taxify driver refused turning
Me: Chai na so my village people wan take catch me dis early morning for my first trip of the day.
Finally got to her destination dropped her and said thank you, she didn't reply buh slammed my door and left.

Now Taxify has removed 10% from my rating even tho I reported what had happened. lipsrsealed undecided

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pafo(m): 11:34am On Jun 07, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Myth that a vehicle cannot be restored to manufacturer specs.

There is a whole industry built around that.

Is a question of money and time.

Google is your friend.

I very well understand your point and quite agree with you, just not on naija used cars. Naija roads can make car reason its existence and any car that has used seven to ten years on our road is not business worthy. But that is just my own opinion though.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:44am On Jun 07, 2018
AutoElectNG:

That's why he should not have bought it in the first place wink
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AutoElectNG: 11:46am On Jun 07, 2018
pafo:

I very well understand your point and quite agree with you, just not on naija used cars. Naija roads can make car reason its existence and any car that has used seven to ten years on our road is not business worthy. But that is just my own opinion though.

I agree with you.

AFS sensor for a vehicle I was repairing costs 60,000 OEM, 15,000 China imitation, client sells of car instead.

You also make sense
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AutoElectNG: 11:58am On Jun 07, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

That's why he should not have bought it in the first place wink

Hahaha unless he is like Shagati

(1) (2) (3) ... (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) ... (5696) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.