Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,125 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (781) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4757402 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AutoElectNG: 2:11pm On Jun 11, 2018
TheCar:

Please when you get back on your feet in the business, kindly diversify your interest.

The rapid fall of Naira against USD affect everyone purchasing power hence certain things were deemed to be luxury.

Also no matter how good and well sales follow your way, never forget to do continuous "Customer Spending Behaviour" Analysis.

During the period, a lot of States can't pay salaries hence a huge portion of the "Spending" population were broke.

A diversified portfolio would help you mitigate against such trend in the future.

Macro Economics affect everybody because we neglect politics.

I don't like Politics, but believe it or not, Politicians control the economy.

Nicely put.

Study the annual reports of companies.

Take PZ Nigeria PLC for example.

They were hit real bad.

But there has been a rebound for them.

My company (dual registered in Nigeria and the US) was hit below the belt.

I come from an IT background and delivered a variety of solutions to the FG and a couple of private sector firms large and small including the top tier construction firms.

Then things tanked.

Even PZ Nigeria PLC had to diversify and change market strategy...and this is how in summary AutoElectNG was born.

So I tell whoever cares to listen diversify and never let one income source provide more than 50% of your earnings.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 2:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
TheCar:

Please when you get back on your feet in the business, kindly diversify your interest.

The rapid fall of Naira against USD affect everyone purchasing power hence certain things were deemed to be luxury.

Also no matter how good and well sales follow your way, never forget to do continuous "Customer Spending Behaviour" Analysis.

During the period, a lot of States can't pay salaries hence a huge portion of the "Spending" population were broke.

A diversified portfolio would help you mitigate against such trend in the future.

Macro Economics affect everybody because we neglect politics.

I don't like Politics, but believe it or not, Politicians control the economy.

Good Advice. Noted
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mymotong: 2:37pm On Jun 11, 2018
mymotong:
We still install the MOST AFFORDABLE AND QUALITY TRACKERS YOU COULD FIND ANYWHERE, featuring Android/iOS tracking/demobilizing, sms tracking/demobilize, online tracking/demobilizing, daily mileage report (to know how many km your car runs each day), Vehicle history report (where your car had been between time X and Y) and many more features.

Presently going for 25K (without Online Platform), 30K (with Lifetime access to online platform/app).

Call us on 09032614208 to schedule an installation.

Tracker page: https://mymoto.com.ng/product/vehicle-car-pickup-commercial-trucks-gps-tracker-h02-tracker-nigerian-configured/
Office Location: 3-9 Olu Koleosho Street, Off Medical Road, Ikeja, Lagos

WHY DOES YOUR CAR NEED MYMOTO TRACKER

(1) Security: While anti-theft systems like push-buttons before car start, gear lock, pedal locks etc… are good, ONLY A TRACKING SYSTEM LIKE OURS ALLOWS YOU TO RECOVER (AND ALSO PROTECT) YOUR VEHICLE IF YOUR CAR IS HIJACKED FROM YOU WHILE DRIVING. Our trackers are both anti-theft and recovery in nature. e.g. You should shutdown your car before you sleep at night or park in a public space. Whenever you need to start the car, you enable it also.

(2) Remote Monitoring: GPS Security trackers allows you to monitor your vehicle location remotely from your phone. You are able to view your car’s location in real time (from our IOS/ANDROID APPS).

(3) Vehicle History: Through our online platform (IOS/ANDROID APPS) , you can view where your car had been between DAY X and DAY Y. A plot is shown on a map showing your car’s movement over this period of time.

(4) Remotely Stop Your Car: With our security GPS tracker, you are able to stop your car from ANY PHONE with an sms command. This function can also be carried out through our online platforms.

(5) Geo-Fencing Alarm:If your car goes beyond set a radius (or multi-point), say Lagos, you will be notified by sms.

(6) Other alarms (Over-speed Alarm, Ignition On Alarm, Low Battery Alarm ): Over-speed alarms notifies you via sms when your car goes beyond a particular speed. Ignition on notifies you WHENEVER your car is started. Low Battery Alarm lets you know when your car battery is low.

(7) Daily Mileage report (online platform): Daily mileage report shows you a daily chart (in KM) of your car.

We have heard of one or two expereience of how clients were able to recover their vehicles BECAUSE THEY HAD A TRACKER INSTALLED IN IT. We will be sharing some of them with you based on TRUE LIFE EXPERIENCES.

If you have had personal experiences also, kindly share with us.

WE STILL INSTALL THE MOST AFFORDABLE TRACKERS AROUND STARTING FROM 25K (VARIES WITH CAR MODEL).

CONTACT US ON 09032614208 OR 08060675824. More details on tracker: https://mymoto.com.ng/why-you-should-install-the-mymoto-security-tracker/

WE ARE THE ONLY COMPANY THAT OFFERS FREE LIFETIME ACCESS TO OUR ONLINE PLATFORMS FOR MONITORING/STOPpING YOUR CAR.

YOU'VE SPENT QUITE MUCH TO ACQUIRE YOUR CAR, SECURE IT WITH A TRACKER. BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY

Story 1
During one of our installs, the client shared with us how Mr Ayo (not his real name) borrowed his brothers car, and waylaid in the night somewhere in Lagos. Unknown to the thieves, the car had a tracker in it. That same night they tracked the vehicle to a military baracks (apparenntly the thieves had accomplices with military connections). They went with the police and they were able to recover the car (THE DEMOBILIZE FUNCTION OF THE TRACKER WAS USED TO ENSURE THE CAR DID NOT MOVE UNTIL THEY GOT TO THAT LOCATION)...

Story 2
Mr Bayo was bout entering his car in the night somewhere in Lagos when he was attacked. He immediately used his phone to demobilize the car some minutes after they had zoomed away with the car. The thieves ran away when they discovered the car wasn't strating again. The car was tracked to Ajah. Apparently the thieves ran away in fear with the keys of the car grin

If you have similar stories please share with us...

Call/Whatsapp 08060675824 for details on how to schedule an installation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Nicely put.

Study the annual reports of companies.

Take PZ Nigeria PLC for example.

They were hit real bad.

But there has been a rebound for them.

My company (dual registered in Nigeria and the US) was hit below the belt.

I come from an IT background and delivered a variety of solutions to the FG and a couple of private sector firms large and small including the top tier construction firms.

Then things tanked.

Even PZ Nigeria PLC had to diversify and change market strategy...and this is how in summary AutoElectNG was born.

So I tell whoever cares to listen diversify and never let one income source provide more than 50% of your earnings.

Baba mi, things change rapidly.

If you're in I.T or Technology related business, you need to stay updated.

Technology is distruping everything now. Even the Lagos Yellow Cab investors take a hit with UBER/Taxify coming in to challenge their monopoly. Now Yellow Cab has resort to violence against Uber/taxify drivers since they can't innovate and now they belong to the past.

Understanding your audience, market, customers' income and purchasing power is the only advantage you have over your business competitors.

The irony of our Nigeria economy is, factories shutdown and are being bought over by churches. People working in the factory lose their jobs and go back to the churches praying for jobs.

Everyone want to make fast money with little or no work, hence the rapid rise of fraudsters and sports betting companies.

To stay relevant in business, diversification is the way out. Even Nigeria richest according to Forbes, also diversify to stay relevant.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AutoElectNG: 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
TheCar:

Baba mi, things change rapidly.

If you're in I.T or Technology related business, you need to stay updated.

Technology is distruping everything now. Even the Lagos Yellow Cab investors take a hit with UBER/Taxify coming in to challenge their monopoly. Now Yellow Cab has resort to violence against Uber/taxify drivers since they can't innovate and now they belong to the past.

Understanding your audience, market, customers' income and purchasing power is the only advantage you have over your business competitors.

The irony of our Nigeria economy is, factories shutdown and are being bought over by churches. People working in the factory lose their jobs and go back to the churches praying for jobs.

Everyone want to make fast money with little or no work, hence the rapid rise of fraudsters and sports betting companies.

To stay relevant in business, diversification is the way out. Even Nigeria richest according to Forbes, also diversify to stay relevant.

Two parts to the disruption technology and government policy.

Uber and London, even uber in other parts of the world.

Technology is right now disrupting automotive service. Mechanics are a dying breed. Enter Technicians.

Even Uber continually adjusts to market conditions, so I would advice owners and drivers to do the same.

E.g., why not use full synthetic and extend oil drain intervals after doing your research?

Those big companies are ruthless with their cost cutting measures, so should you.

It is easier to keep the money in your pocket from going out than it is to earn an equivalent sum.

Finally, be open to diversification.

I need not go too far a very vocal voice on this thread has diversified a lot, you can learn from him.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bilar01(m): 3:04pm On Jun 11, 2018
TheCar:

If Uber/Taxify accept both cars and I am in your shoes, I will opt for 2013 Yaris.

2013 car from the same maker in my opinion would be better than a car produced in 2006 that's based on the thought that both cars are used well and a 2013 car would have less mileage than the 2006.

If the price is the same, my final decision would be 2013 Yaris.

But if the cars are the same year, I will go for Corolla.

#TeamCorolla

thanks boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 3:09pm On Jun 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
me to i.t business is more like my thing, this business is just temporary.
Chief engineer...haba! I.T bawo, when millions of car are still entering ur workshop.....lolz

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:20pm On Jun 11, 2018
someone cannot practice I.T in peace again sad

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 3:40pm On Jun 11, 2018
shollywendy1:

Chief engineer...haba! I.T bawo, when millions of car are still entering ur workshop.....lolz
Millions!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 4:01pm On Jun 11, 2018
There's a free taxify code coming out on the 14th.
It's called RUSSIAINLAGOS worth 2000 Naira.

Enter the code into your taxify app, and let your hair down. Make sure to bring a warmer.
It gets cold in Russia.

Uber is also offering 50% off 3 trips. Automatically applied.

Half percent of half percent is better than 100% of nothing.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by seun289(m): 4:12pm On Jun 11, 2018
taxiappguy:
There's a free taxify code coming out on the 14th.
It's called RUSSIAINLAGOS worth 2000 Naira.

Enter the code into your taxify app, and let your hair down. Make sure to bring a warmer.
It gets cold in Russia.

Uber is also offering 50% off 3 trips. Automatically applied.

Half percent of half percent is better than 100% of nothing.
Mr taxi app..uber promo code will also be appreciated
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Haderbayor123: 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2018
Hello sir, hope esnor my own BAYO? The funniest thing is have came to you before to give me your car but we couldn't reach an agreement.
My mind is just doing gbas gbos as am seeing BAYO on your post but someone now remind me that am not the only BAYO on nairaland. Just to clarify again nii sir.

agborichard:
I Repeat before you give your car to any driver Named BAYO .M. pls kindly contact me so i will giv you his full name.

Bayo will use you car and return it dead to you, his family problem is more than your tokumbo car. lol

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pafo(m): 4:37pm On Jun 11, 2018
Yesbody:

Another animal

He was extending an olive branch in case you missed it.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 4:37pm On Jun 11, 2018
taxiappguy:

Millions!!
No mind the corporate engineer jare
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
taxiappguy:

Millions!!

even Oga innoson neva reach that milestone, I must be blessed grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
smiley U re already an expert in your field, so why I.T
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:17pm On Jun 11, 2018
pafo:

He was extending an olive branch in case you missed it.
Don't mind him, he's still hurting

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 5:29pm On Jun 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Amen" amin"
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 5:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
Food for Thought

E hailing business.... Time To Reflect.

A wise man once said, "without reflection, we go blindly on our way".

Our business has gone through several stages. From the Cabu Cabu era to the Yellow taxi era, then the E hailing era.

E hailing came as an unexpected force and we all know that Uber ( the change agent ) has come to disrupt the market.

Now initially the going was good. Partners and drivers made good money.

Then gradually, fuel price increase and recession raised it's ugly head. Our dear Uber also decided to reduce fares. We all know the story.

Now my question is this: Are we really making Profit? And if the answer is Yes, at what cost?

Partners, drivers and stakeholders in the house , let's have a honest conversation.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 5:39pm On Jun 11, 2018
seun289:
Mr taxi app..uber promo code will also be appreciated

There's one from Uber there too, only that it's automatically applied.

Try booking an Uber.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 5:41pm On Jun 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

My people say inside every joke...there is an element of truth. Let me just chill here.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 5:43pm On Jun 11, 2018
mrsage:
Food for Thought

E hailing business.... Time To Reflect

Our business has gone through several stages. From the Cabu Cabu era to the Yellow taxi era, then the E hailing era.

E hailing came as an unexpected force and we all know that Uber ( the change agent ) has come to disrupt the market.

Then gradually, fuel price increase and recession raised it's ugly head. Our dear Uber also decided to reduce fares. We all know the story.

Now my question is this: Are we really making Profit? And if the answer is Yes, at what cost?

Partners, drivers and stakeholders in the house , let's have a honest conversation.

Time to reflect....

The early bird gets the worm
But the second rat gets the cheese.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 5:45pm On Jun 11, 2018
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:07pm On Jun 11, 2018
mrsage:
Food for Thought

Yes you are very correct my brother... some weeks profit made goes to repairs . This business is up and down..this is the reason I tell partners, assurance, assurance and assurance deposit should be a must.. By the time you put money aside for repairs, bad driver join the equation, raining season add is own ontop ..it is very difficult, but I belife once you can figure out a system to over come the challenges the business will be profitable.

But in my humble opinion, the business is not profitable to a lot of people.. As long as new and old partners refuse to put in certain things in place that will reduce their risk ,the business will never be profitable.. Aslong as we don't have a system that weeds out bad drivers, that keeps jumping from one partner to another like the ladies of the night ..the business will not be profitable..
Till than only the strong and the smart ones will survive.. It is a good business, it is a cash flow business.. But owners need to finds ways to reduce their risk ... most uber Partners that refuse to collect asssurance or that fail to put in things to reduce their risk, those ones I can't pity ..due than it is doggy dog eat world..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:14pm On Jun 11, 2018
Enyinne:
That's why initial deposit is very important esp in HP. Meanwhile the driver is unserious, how much is gear box to start with? If it's corrolla, is affordable unless he is not intending to seal up the Hp deal from the get go.

quote author=Gentlelife50 post=68375499]
Hmmmm, transport business is transport business my brother no matter the packaging. See I met one guy doing HP 40 weekly no initial deposit, he did two months and gear box broke down. If it's bank can you run away like that?
It may be nothing to you, but can you say the same regarding the poor driver that's just starting?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by boxymccoy(m): 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
Hmmmmm, I just dey use one eye look Oga Gazzuzz, if we have our way, some of us will not even allow you switch, you have been a tremendous blessing to us on this "autopath" you are treading. I doff my cap sir.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kneo: 6:46pm On Jun 11, 2018
mrsage:
Food for Thought

The drivers are at the ugly end of this turnaround. They get to toil morning till midnight only to see their efforts swallowed by 'minor repairs', petrol cost and car owner's weekly pay.
That's why drivers need to pull together and fashion out ways to reduce this work like an elephant, eat like an ant

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 6:52pm On Jun 11, 2018
kneo:

The drivers are at the ugly end of this turnaround. They get to toil morning till midnight only to see their efforts swallowed by 'minor repairs', petrol cost and car owner's weekly pay.
That's why drivers need to pull together and fashion out ways to reduce this work like an elephant, eat like an ant

How about the partners? A partner is responsible for major repairs and maintenance and even more.

Don't forget the real cost of depreciation

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kneo: 7:07pm On Jun 11, 2018
mrsage:

How about the partners?
I have a partner that got a his corolla for a total of 1.9m.
Received his weekly pay consistently for 1 year and 3 months. The only expenditure he did on the car was to buy two new tyres and four used tyres.
Judge by yourself if it is profitable to him

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:08pm On Jun 11, 2018
kneo:

Mr. Man, are you aware that sterling bank is giving out auto loans ..read through the post and it will give you more information on how to apply for autoloan ..the loan is very simple to get ..so that your toiling days will be over.. And if you still refuse to apply for the loan, you have urself to blame .. Hurry and hurry..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2018
kneo:

I have a partner that got a his corolla for a total of 1.9m.
Received his weekly pay consistently for 1 year and 3 months. The only expenditure he did on the car was to buy two new tyres and four used tyres.
Judge by yourself if it is profitable to him

Assuming he earned 35k weekly. 15 months = 2,100,000.
Estimated cost of tyres 50,000. ( new 15k and 5k for used tyres ).

How about Oil change ?

Renewal of Vehicle Papers and insurance?

Then the big monster called depreciation? Provision for wear and tear.

The lucky Partner actually did not make profit in 15months.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m), donfortune48(m), ksmart027(m), Itsrm(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.