Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,882 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (788) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4779369 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) ... (5698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 5:03am On Jun 14, 2018
signature2012:

Nice one man.Hopefully someday a thread will grace the front page on how I met my husband "The Uber driver"

Avenue for taxiappguy to publish and sell more books....hahaha...lolz.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 5:06am On Jun 14, 2018
Dovehorizon:
Yeah that's my personal car, should I wanna venture into this ehailing biz as a driver, I won't go for a car lower than 2012.
My audience target won't just be just uber/taxify alone,
I noticed people love grand entrance, especially ladies and most of them don't mind paying more for such service.
Let me give another experience I had during my adventure. The guy I drove to chevron, remember I dropped his dad at the airport, the dad collected my contact, he got back to Lagos but prior to his return he called me to pick him up. My plan for uber was just to and fro (surulere to ajah)and once I am home I don't turn on my app till next day...
I had to break my rule, I picked the man up by 9pm from the airport, drove straight to a hotel around ikoyi, he begged me to pick up a lady for him and she stays around chevron. Drove to chevron, picked her up and took her to the hotel, a pretty lady of about 33years, well her business with the man wasn't my business. I dropped her, Got to the hotel and he handed over $500 to me... It didn't end there, this lady also collected my contact.

Sometimes, the way you carry yourself matters a lot, if you appear cheap, they will price u cheap.

Now I have a strong relationship with the man and his son.

U are just a fortunate fellow. In transportation, always invest little and cash out early. Don't worry, sorry na your name the day you will get to Oga gazzuzz workshop for regular maintenance. After 4mths on d road, u will never recognize that your SUV. We have tried 2015 Suvs.bros, is not worth it except u wish to drive urself.
If you go orchid road 1mth for rider pick up, bros u go cry.
SUV consumes more gass and u can't get more than 35k weekly even if your car na range.
What of when you wish to expand, will u expand with SUV? Let one stupid driver from Ibadan show you tha way. You cannot be smarter than everyone doing this with ordinary corolla.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:15am On Jun 14, 2018
signature2012:

Nice one man.Hopefully someday a thread will grace the front page on how I met my husband "The Uber driver"

You don't know if he's married already na grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AutoElectNG: 6:21am On Jun 14, 2018
protocol:
U are just a fortunate fellow. In transportation, always invest little and cash out early. Don't worry, sorry na your name the day you will get to Oga gazz.uzz workshop for regular maintenance. After 4mths on d road, u will never recognize that your SUV. We have tried 2015 Suvs.bros, is not worth it except u wish to drive urself.
SUV consumes more gass and u can't get more than 35k weekly even if your car na range.
What of when you wish to expand, will u expand with SUV? Let one stupid driver from Ibadan show you tha way. You cannot be smarter than everyone doing this with ordinary corolla.

So long as he drives it himself...so long as he does it in the meantime...all is well...someone in the business told me how he has met top bank MDs, and top politicians recruiting for 2019...so long as he has an exit plan...so long as he saves for repairs...so long as he can exploit the connections in other business...so long as he keeps in touch and works for the top dollar clients...and so long as he can keep a secret(which means he should have made changes to the story before posting online, so his car and his client cannot be identified somehow)...he should be good

Just don't turn into a permanent hustle

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 7:44am On Jun 14, 2018
protocol:
U are just a fortunate fellow. In transportation, always invest little and cash out early. Don't worry, sorry na your name the day you will get to Oga gazzuzz workshop for regular maintenance. After 4mths on d road, u will never recognize that your SUV. We have tried 2015 Suvs.bros, is not worth it except u wish to drive urself.
you're such a pessimistic and kill joy,you know.so much negative energy.your type should be far from this thread.i smell a whiff of envyundecided

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 14, 2018
Taxify has started again. I am seeing earnings without taking a ride

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lymelyte(m): 7:53am On Jun 14, 2018
Hello folks, is it possible to make 40k weekly for 5days on taxify only? I am a newbie in the e-hailing biz and I have only signed up on taxify.. I drive a lexus es 330 and I live in ajah/Abraham adesanya axis..I went online last night at about 9:30pm and was online for 35mins after buying fuel at vgc and no request came in? What am I doing wrong?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 14, 2018
lymelyte:
Hello folks, is it possible to make 40k weekly for 5days on taxify only? I am a newbie in the e-hailing biz and I have only signed up on taxify.. I drive a lexus es 330 and I live in ajah/Abraham adesanya axis..I went online last night at about 9:30pm and was online for 35mins after buying fuel at vgc and no request came in? What am I doing wrong?
That location is good in the morning cos people move towards ikoyi in the morning

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 8:09am On Jun 14, 2018
eherbal:
you're such a pessimistic and kill joy you know.so much negative energy.your type should be far from this thread.i smell a whiff of envyundecided
the truth is bitter son!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 8:18am On Jun 14, 2018
protocol:
the truth is bitter son!
sho mo age mi ni?undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 8:52am On Jun 14, 2018
alstarmayo:
At the end of the day, initial deposit on HP doesn't translate to seriousness.

[/b]Taxify and Taxify lite drivers, how market?[b]

Please don't make me laugh
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 8:58am On Jun 14, 2018
protocol:

Bros U need to read his post again...not from the back of ur fone this time biko

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 14, 2018
protocol:

Na wa ooooo

The Op started his story with "I had something to do at Lagos business school for two weeks and I decided to register my car with uber so I won't keep blowing empty to and fro and also I needed to experience this aspect too."

So somebody cannot come and use his own car for fun on Uber again.

Truth is, if you're bored at home and you have a clean ride and you decide to ride on Uber na maintenance go kill the person. Did he tell you he doesn't maintain his car before he decided to have fun on Uber.

So if I have a 2018 Mercedes Benz G - Wagon and have something to do in LBS i.e. a short course of 2 or 3 weeks, you mean I can't register on Uber to drive from my location to LBS as Uber driver.

Brother be open-mined because as a Uber driver, you have doors of opportunities open daily to you. Used it wisely.

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:30am On Jun 14, 2018
brogxy:

Price review
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 9:34am On Jun 14, 2018
brogxy:

Are you new to Taxify? I tot you did some review few days ago. Once review are done . you will be credited
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 14, 2018
Tgiirl:

Are you new to Taxify? I tot you did some review few days ago. Once review are done . you will be credited
So why no description was attached to it. Na wa for dem

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by agborichard: 10:07am On Jun 14, 2018
Enyinne:
Hummmmm people sha get lever, when they are asking and pleading for favour ,the sound like Angels but immediately it get sorted ,there real colour surfaces .One guy came on this platform asking for HP for sienna to Ghana, he got someone who gave him 05 sienna for it but not for this thread.Fortunately this particular driver that came here asking for this was my former driver partner for 4months before asking me for sienna,as I cldnt provide the car, he came on the thread to sweet talk people with his proposal.Now the new person that gave him a sienna is a my friend that is into uber biz . He asked me to come see the driver for the sienna ,I was there and coincidentally it happens to be my old driver ,I approved the deal cos I never really had a any issue with him but he has already started telling this man about me with usual driver story against their partner. I ignored it cos I know he felt the best way to get his new prey is to condemn someone. Now he started off the HP ,dropped 200k for initial deposit to continue paying 50k weekly. Now 1month gone no remittance . Car was recovered yesterday with gear issue, unserviced and bashed car Upandan with lots of stories to follow up .
Let's be careful cos people can change to something else within a short time cos of stress and challenge of life ,always be u and never allow situations to change u rather change the situation .

Bayo comes to mind. i can never do HP again ���

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omonla10(m): 10:24am On Jun 14, 2018
Enjoy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omonla10(m): 10:27am On Jun 14, 2018
Dovehorizon:
Lol, the date was interesting and fun filled. We spoke about business, politics and a bit of naija music.
She just became of a staff of Exxon Mobil and the day I picked her was when she had to go submit her medical report.
Things are becoming interesting between us. Anyway, let's watch and see...

Wait o.. Are u not married? Abi na offline dating tins..
Love Ur story. And must say, it inspires me cos I plan to change my corolla.
Man just gotta think big/outside d box.. Me sef don clear cars for more than 3 riders for Port..

At the moment sha, I drive for fun and adventures unlike past few months

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omonla10(m): 10:31am On Jun 14, 2018
brogxy:
it's surely from a ride u previewed days ago

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 11:43am On Jun 14, 2018
That's nice, I got to know that there are so many windows of opportunities as a driver if only you know how to go about it.
I am very much single though but selectively searching. Anyway, let's see what's gonna happen, My first rider is coming to pay me a visit tomorrow. Atleast we can watch football together

omonla10:

Wait o.. Are u not married? Abi na offline dating tins..
Love Ur story. And must say, it inspires me cos I plan to change my corolla.
Man just gotta think big/outside d box.. Me sef don clear cars for more than 3 riders for Port..

At the moment sha, I drive for fun and adventures unlike past few months

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 11:44am On Jun 14, 2018
Thanks for this reply. It's good to experience some things too

TheCar:

Na wa ooooo

The Op started his story with "I had something to do at Lagos business school for two weeks and I decided to register my car with uber so I won't keep blowing empty to and fro and also I needed to experience this aspect too."

So somebody cannot come and use his own car for fun on Uber again.

Truth is, if you're bored at home and you have a clean ride and you decide to ride on Uber na maintenance go kill the person. Did he tell you he doesn't maintain his car before he decided to have fun on Uber.

So if I have a 2018 Mercedes Benz G - Wagon and have something to do in LBS i.e. a short course of 2 or 3 weeks, you mean I can't register on Uber to drive from my location to LBS as Uber driver.

Brother be open-mined because as a Uber driver, you have doors of opportunities open daily to you. Used it wisely.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 11:46am On Jun 14, 2018
What do you drink sir, two orijin bitters for you.

AutoElectNG:

So long as he drives it himself...so long as he does it in the meantime...all is well...someone in the business told me how he has met top bank MDs, and top politicians recruiting for 2019...so long as he has an exit plan...so long as he saves for repairs...so long as he can exploit the connections in other business...so long as he keeps in touch and works for the top dollar clients...and so long as he can keep a secret(which means he should have made changes to the story before posting online, so his car and his client cannot be identified somehow)...he should be good

Just don't turn into a permanent hustle

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 11:50am On Jun 14, 2018
[quote author=Dovehorizon post=68472789]That's nice, I got to know that there are so many windows of opportunities as a driver if only you know how to go about it.
I am very much single though but selectively searching. Anyway, let's see what's gonna happen, My first rider is coming to pay me a visit tomorrow. Atleast we can watch football together

Wait! Wait!! Wait!!! Watch football together or play together. Well, whichever way, it's a goal.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lymelyte(m): 11:55am On Jun 14, 2018
lymelyte:
please folks..I need suggestions..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 12:03pm On Jun 14, 2018
Dovehorizon:
That's nice, I got to know that there are so many windows of opportunities as a driver if only you know how to go about it.

s
After the reggae play the blues....

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 12:03pm On Jun 14, 2018
Bros, it's not a permanent stuff, I did it for just two weeks.
Secondly, it wasn't about gas for me but the experience and I maintain my car very well.
I have three cars on uber/taxify platform and I intend adding two more before middle of next month and they are not SUV but the regular 04 corolla.
Should I want to take up this hustle as a driver, then I would prefer to use a car not lower than 2012...
2013 corolla, Camry comes to mind, it's just a matter of class for me and the possibilities of meeting people and such cars can do the trick.

That's a pix of my baby.

protocol:

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 12:14pm On Jun 14, 2018
Dovehorizon:
Secondly, it wasn't about gas for me but the experience and I maintain my car very well.
I have three cars on uber/taxify platform and I intend adding two more before middle of next month and they are not SUV but the regular 04 corolla.
Should I want to take up this hustle as a driver, then I would prefer to use a car not lower than 2012...
2013 corolla, Camry comes to mind, it's just a matter of class for me and the possibilities of meeting people and such cars can do the trick.

That's a pix of my baby.

does your plate no start with LND

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 12:14pm On Jun 14, 2018
There are some girls you have to be patient with and she is one of such girls. She is smart and intelligent, I don't know about the wife material yet, but still observing though. As for after the reggae play the blues, it's not happening yet.
Well, I will consider myself very lucky, who says something good can't come out of bin an uber driver...

I have more gist but wouldn't wanna derail the thread...

shollywendy1:
s
After the reggae play the blues....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:16pm On Jun 14, 2018
Dovehorizon:

That's a pix of my baby.

You must be into I.T like me grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 14, 2018
lymelyte:
please folks..I need suggestions..
Avoid working that late in that area. Positioning matters a lot when it comes to requests.
Try moving to places you feel people move out a lot. Not talking about people at the bus stop.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:17pm On Jun 14, 2018
Dovehorizon:
There are some girls you have to be patient with and she is one of such girls. She is smart and intelligent, I don't know about the wife material yet, but still observing though. As for after the reggae play the blues, it's not happening yet.
Well, I will consider myself very lucky, who says something good can't come out of bin an uber driver...

I have more gist but wouldn't wanna derail the thread...

Blog go sure pass for you.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) ... (5698) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.