Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup (31276 Views)

My Ex Girlfriend Is Pregnant For Me Three Months After Breakup / Lady Burns Down Her Boyfriend's House After Breakup. Photos / Is It Necessary To Keep In Touch With Your Ex's After Breakup?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by dtermined(m): 4:43pm On Oct 09, 2015

Breakup is mostly common nowadays, there are so many ways and ideas we tend to deal with breakup.

For most people, keeping calm and gentle when your relationship had just collapsed but some people do resort to some pretty rare things to help them cope with it.

So, when you have just found out that the man you thought you were going to spend the rest of your life with is not the man that you thought he was.

Below are ten of the ridiculous things that you could do, but really shouldn’t.

1. Lock yourself away for a week
Turning yourself into a hermit won’t bring him back, but it’s something a lot of us do. Locking the door, closing the drapes, and hiding away from the outside world for a few days, does have some advantages though. At least you know you won’t meet your ex unexpectedly, and it gives you some time to get your head together again.

2. Give up on relationships altogether
Well, everyone does this when they are going through a breakup. You know the type of thing: I hate men, never again and I’m never going to find the right man for me. You make up your mind that this was the very last time you will ever let yourself be hurt and, from now on, you are going to become a nun! Until, that is, of course, you meet the next guy.

3. Get drunk and start texting
Getting drunk is a bad idea anyway; all you will get from that is a thumping headache and you will be up all night being sick. If you are getting drunk and texting, though, then you are really asking for trouble. If you are going to drown your sorrows, then at least hide your phone and laptop, before you open the bottle. If you don’t, you will live to regret all those angry tweets and text messages you send about your ex.

4. Try and get back with him
Whether he dumped you, or you dumped him, it is never a good idea to go running straight back to him. Once you are over the anger stage, you may well find yourself missing him, but don’t go back, all full of apologies and ask him to come back. It’s something that a lot of us have done before, but it rarely takes more than a few weeks for it all to go wrong again.

5. Start stalking him
Resist that urge to check up on what he’s doing too, it’s only going to upset you again. Don’t keep looking at Facebook to see what he is up to, or who his new friends are and don’t go to the places where you know he will be. Doing this will only make you mad and lead to even more ridiculous things that you could do.

6. Telling everyone what a swine he is
Of course you want everyone to know that it was not your fault and that your ex is quite probably the worst human being ever to have walked upon the earth. You will probably spend the next few weeks making sure that as many people as possible know how awful your ex is, but you could spend months feeling guilty about some of the things you said too. When you are angry, you might get a bit too personal about your ex, so be careful what you say to other people.

7. Hook up with a random guy
Another typical response to a breakup is to go out of your way to prove that you don’t need your ex, so you go looking for any guy to hook up with, and you make sure that your ex knows about it too. That victory that you feel won’t last for long though, and you will probably hate yourself for doing it. Have a quiet night out with your friend instead; it will make you feel a lot better than a one-off cheap revenge date will.

8. Go on a vandalising spree
You might feel the urge to take out your anger on his possessions and you wouldn’t be that first to have cut up his clothes and dumped all his possessions outside the front door in the rain. Don’t go in for the revenge approach, though, or it could turn really nasty and you might even end up in court.

9. Phoning up another ex
You might also think that getting back with another ex will be the solution to all your problems, but that won’t work either. You’ve still got to get over this latest ex first, so don’t complicate things even further by trying to reel in an old flame to keep you company and give you a bit of sympathy. It just won’t work out in the long run.

10. Hating everyone else that is happy
It’s not everybody else’s fault that you are not happy at the moment, so don’t hate every happy, loving couple that you happen to see. Just because you have been through a tough time lately, don’t take it out on other people. You will be back with another man in your life soon enough.

http://infogistz..com.ng/2015/10/see-ridiculous-things-that-most-ladies.html

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by tenderlaw(m): 4:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
Some of them go on a sex spree to exert revenge on all others of that gender.

FTC!!!
I dedicate this FTC to my loving fiancée with whom I shall be walking down d altar in a month's time.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
lol
Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by Behira(f): 4:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
OP is kinda correct
Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by AmakaDNBStories(f): 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
grin grin

1 Share

Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by boboLIL(m): 4:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
Confused beings*** they don't knw wah they want
Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by donholy28(m): 4:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
Girls re crazi sometimes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2015
Steewpid things we do cos of break-up grin

My friend had wanted to smoke weed cos her boyfriend broke up with her! grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by Michellla(f): 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Steewpid things we do cos of break-up grin

My friend had wanted to smoke weed cos her boyfriend broke up with her! grin grin grin

Lalasticlala pls Coman check if d poster above me is Ookay undecided
i doubt he's okay
Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by IamLEGEND1: 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2015
ur Facebook timeline go suffer datz for sure.

any pinshure wey u upload or any comment wey u make......dem go first everybody see am.
Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 09, 2015
Michellla:

i doubt he's okay
grin. grin grin
Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by LillyAnne(f): 5:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
'Hating everyone else that is happy' grin grin

For what biko? Na them cause your breakup?

3 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
We change our dp and personal message on bbm. grin

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by Dottore: 6:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
Ok
Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
11. They adopt a very familiar slogan: ALL MEN ARE THE SAME

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by sagewonders(m): 6:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
experience
Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by tiamiyukunle69(m): 6:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
Start calling all men the same thing.
Goes to MFM Prayer City for deliverance

3 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by Setaje(f): 6:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
1 and 2....... angry
Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by gr8gem(f): 6:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
Dat is normal post breakup symptoms @OP

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by psychologist(m): 6:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
Wetin consign me

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by Precious91(m): 6:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
ok
Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by Caspian22(m): 6:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
start calling men dogs... cos fada was a German Shepherd

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by wristbangle: 6:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
cheesy cheesy not true in all cases
Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by lapazi(m): 6:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
PinkBarbie:
We change our dp and personal message on bbm. grin

this should be on the list...so true, d guy has to eventually delete her bbm contact
Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by Bollinger(m): 6:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
dtermined:

Breakup is mostly common nowadays, there are so many ways and ideas we tend to deal with breakup.

For most people, keeping calm and gentle when your relationship had just collapsed but some people do resort to some pretty rare things to help them cope with it.

So, when you have just found out that the man you thought you were going to spend the rest of your life with is not the man that you thought he was.

Below are ten of the ridiculous things that you could do, but really shouldn’t.

1. Lock yourself away for a week
Turning yourself into a hermit won’t bring him back, but it’s something a lot of us do. Locking the door, closing the drapes, and hiding away from the outside world for a few days, does have some advantages though. At least you know you won’t meet your ex unexpectedly, and it gives you some time to get your head together again.

2. Give up on relationships altogether
Well, everyone does this when they are going through a breakup. You know the type of thing: I hate men, never again and I’m never going to find the right man for me. You make up your mind that this was the very last time you will ever let yourself be hurt and, from now on, you are going to become a nun! Until, that is, of course, you meet the next guy.

3. Get drunk and start texting
Getting drunk is a bad idea anyway; all you will get from that is a thumping headache and you will be up all night being sick. If you are getting drunk and texting, though, then you are really asking for trouble. If you are going to drown your sorrows, then at least hide your phone and laptop, before you open the bottle. If you don’t, you will live to regret all those angry tweets and text messages you send about your ex.

4. Try and get back with him
Whether he dumped you, or you dumped him, it is never a good idea to go running straight back to him. Once you are over the anger stage, you may well find yourself missing him, but don’t go back, all full of apologies and ask him to come back. It’s something that a lot of us have done before, but it rarely takes more than a few weeks for it all to go wrong again.

5. Start stalking him
Resist that urge to check up on what he’s doing too, it’s only going to upset you again. Don’t keep looking at Facebook to see what he is up to, or who his new friends are and don’t go to the places where you know he will be. Doing this will only make you mad and lead to even more ridiculous things that you could do.

6. Telling everyone what a swine he is
Of course you want everyone to know that it was not your fault and that your ex is quite probably the worst human being ever to have walked upon the earth. You will probably spend the next few weeks making sure that as many people as possible know how awful your ex is, but you could spend months feeling guilty about some of the things you said too. When you are angry, you might get a bit too personal about your ex, so be careful what you say to other people.

7. Hook up with a random guy
Another typical response to a breakup is to go out of your way to prove that you don’t need your ex, so you go looking for any guy to hook up with, and you make sure that your ex knows about it too. That victory that you feel won’t last for long though, and you will probably hate yourself for doing it. Have a quiet night out with your friend instead; it will make you feel a lot better than a one-off cheap revenge date will.

8. Go on a vandalising spree
You might feel the urge to take out your anger on his possessions and you wouldn’t be that first to have cut up his clothes and dumped all his possessions outside the front door in the rain. Don’t go in for the revenge approach, though, or it could turn really nasty and you might even end up in court.

9. Phoning up another ex
You might also think that getting back with another ex will be the solution to all your problems, but that won’t work either. You’ve still got to get over this latest ex first, so don’t complicate things even further by trying to reel in an old flame to keep you company and give you a bit of sympathy. It just won’t work out in the long run.

10. Hating everyone else that is happy
It’s not everybody else’s fault that you are not happy at the moment, so don’t hate every happy, loving couple that you happen to see. Just because you have been through a tough time lately, don’t take it out on other people. You will be back with another man in your life soon enough.

http://infogistz..com.ng/2015/10/see-ridiculous-things-that-most-ladies.html

Bro's, apart from number 8, men do the same damn thing. How old are you?

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by Kunleskey(m): 6:28pm On Oct 09, 2015
Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by Tallesty1(m): 6:28pm On Oct 09, 2015
Free ladies nah.....

Haba........

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by mikkypel(m): 6:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
Some are so weird that after 20 minutes, they are already in another relationship.. Hoes gat no time

4 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by money121(m): 6:30pm On Oct 09, 2015
Ok
Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by timmycris(m): 6:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
Just give me one bottle

Make I troway my sorrow!!
Re: Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup by boolet: 6:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are SS & Igbo Women More Beautiful Than Yoruba Women? / 5 Rules To Make A Nigerian Lady Happy / "If I Cant Have You, Then No One Will"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.