Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,471 members, 7,954,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:34 AM

How To Get A Job Without Years Of Experience? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Get A Job Without Years Of Experience? (9310 Views)

Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony / He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate / My Miracle Job Without Connection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get A Job Without Years Of Experience? by guseman(m): 5:00pm On May 03, 2009
@cremebrule
Do u have a job for him?
Re: How To Get A Job Without Years Of Experience? by wealthnyou: 1:32pm On May 07, 2009
Getting a job in Nigeria is not always so easy and one should nt relax expest jobs in one's room.search 4 smting to do may be business till u get your desired job
Re: How To Get A Job Without Years Of Experience? by cremebrule: 4:46am On May 08, 2009
??GUSEMAN

what do you mean do I have a job for him? who's him?
Re: How To Get A Job Without Years Of Experience? by Pplsource: 2:29pm On May 13, 2009
Experience is very important to employers when recruiting candidates, this gives them the assurance that they don't have to spend valuable resources training on basic skills and can focus their energy and resources on developing expertise. It is true that it seems unrealistic to expect a graduate to have years of experience however this is not true.

Take me for example I got my first Job here in Nigeria when I was fifteen and I've not stopped working since! Many young undergraduates can gain valuable experience by looking for part time jobs that fit around their time table during their school days. So, if you started working in your first year by the end of your four year course, you already have 4 years worth of work experience to add to your CV.

I know most people would say "there are no jobs out there", but the truth is that there are, employers simply don't want to pay wages if they can help it. This is where volunteering comes in. You can offer to volunteer your services a few hours a week at any company and it is amazing how many offers will come your way. Most young people find it difficult to "work to free" but if you think about it, it is not for free you are setting your self up for a good future ahead. Our counterparts abroad are used to this concept and it pays off. That is why a fresh graduate from Harvard has a 4-paged CV filled with interesting details for a potential employers.

So get out there and find a way to improve yourself, it will certainly do you good in the long run.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get A Job Without Years Of Experience? by wizardboy: 11:32am On May 16, 2009
but how can you get such,

non of this employer is employing anybody without job experience.

the funniest part is they will still show you how these things are done
when you join them, even with the claimed experience.

another thing is this, be smart and know what you know.
bible says give unto ceasar what is ceacar and unto God what is God.

Sometimes you might just need to lie about an experience about a certain
job and you must ensure that if youu are asked to do something close you deliver
even if not 100%.

So, it means you have to give the right drug to the the right ailment in other to get
the right recovery.

lie about what you know you can cope with averagely.

dont lie that you can work on SQL while you can only use microsoft word.

i think you get my pic.

sometimes one needs such style to survive.

dont mind my dark way of thought.

i hva right to my opinion
Re: How To Get A Job Without Years Of Experience? by nich(m): 7:52pm On May 19, 2009
yes, it depends on the nature of the job and the laws of the land. undecided
Re: How To Get A Job Without Years Of Experience? by lemmycop: 12:25am On Jan 11, 2010
If there's anyone who needs a job, that person is me and urgently too cry. Wish i cud get one, i don't mind NOT being paid for it undecided. Friends, pls help

me out with a link. I will be soooooooooooo grateful. Thanks in advance. smiley
Re: How To Get A Job Without Years Of Experience? by fedrick901(m): 2:46am On Jul 01, 2020

(1) (2) (Reply)

38 Years, No Meaning Source Of Income Still Searching. / Any Helpful Information About Bons Industries LTD? / Do You Have A Hustle Story?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.