Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Do You Have A Hustle Story? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do You Have A Hustle Story? (9094 Views)

Need A Hustle / Hustlers!share Your Hustle Story / Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Have A Hustle Story? by Rubyjade: 6:54pm On Jan 22, 2023
My first salary was 50k as a customer service rep.

I took the job hoping that I could save some money for my masters or wait till I get a job with my dream company.

Three months into starting work,

Someone from head office mentioned a coperative program where you could save money.

So I decided to remove 20k from my salary for saving every month and signed a direct debit and no access to the account in the first three months.

Every other month I worked to get additional bonuses to urgumemt my new lifestyle.

As a squatter in my parents house, i still had to pay bills like DStv & Nepa bills which was about 7k. (5k Nepa and 2k Dstv).

And then when salary increased to 70k, i started doing Ajo of 20k again.

Some of the things that helped me was the staff bus and free airtime. This meant I spent close to nothing on transport while my office was only #200 to and fro work for days were bus was not availabe.

At the end of two years, I had accumulated about 450k plus interest in dividend which amounted to about 50k.

I took that 50k and bought a masters form in Unilag and got an admission.

I had planned to use the remaining money to fund my school fees but my shift job wouldn't allow me attend school full time, so I deffered.

At the end of my first four years I had bought two brand new laptops twice, two televisions, a land in Sango Ota and one naija used car that I used to learn how to drive.

All these on a salary of 50k - 70k, all things been equal.

So it baffles me, when you say that you don't have money to save because you are only lying to your self and not me.

To build a culture of saving, You have to be

πŸ‘‰ Intentional: This is identifying you have to take steps to making yourself disciplined.

That is why you have apps like Microvestng available on your play store and iOS store to help you when you sign up to get started just like i did with the cooperative.

πŸ‘‰ Take advantage of direct debit or automated savings. Our automated savings feature allows you to directly debit my account just like I did with the cooperative.

πŸ‘‰ Take advantage of returns; After my cooperative in the cooperative, I was paid returns in December and felt like a king πŸ‘‘ and with apps like Microvest you earn on your money while saving. Yes, you can get up to 20% P.A.

This is why I love what we do with Microvest.

P.S Do you have your hustle story, let me here in the comment section πŸ‘‡

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by IyaTola: 10:34am On Jan 25, 2023
Yes o
Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by moonberry: 12:03pm On Jan 25, 2023
Hustle is my Second name

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by Sirheny007(m): 12:55pm On Jan 25, 2023
Hustle story never ends, as long as you're hustling daily.
Maybe there's a degree to hustling?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by ChatterHouse: 12:55pm On Jan 25, 2023
Everybody has a hustle story except people from a privileged background

8 Likes

Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by OboOlora(f): 12:56pm On Jan 25, 2023
Yes I do but I won’t say it to motivate you.
If u like nor hustle, ur pikin go ask u wetin u de do when ur mates d hustle n hammer!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by Irupetepete: 12:56pm On Jan 25, 2023
I immediately know this was an advert... Though not feasible but hardly possible with that salary

36 Likes

Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by aycorporat(m): 12:56pm On Jan 25, 2023
Though it looks like the OP is stylishly marketing his brand, however, there are serious home truths in all he has said. albeit I see some people with little or no wisdom trying to derail the thread stylishly. People have said it is difficult to save in this era of Buhari's harsh economic policies, but some are still doing well.

My hustle na on a long range. Ranging from working in a pure water factory as an accountant, to working in a card manufacturing firm as an IT assistant where I was being owed like two years salary, to other menial jobs. There was a particular year I rented an evil apartment where I lost my job and stayed at home for a year. That period, my looks was almost a minute difference from a mad man

In all, I connected with an understanding partner whom we built fortunes together and today, I can look back and smile to God. Sincerely, I don't know why it is pertinent to attach hardship to one in Nigeria as if it is a criteria to make it, while other countries that take citizens welfare serious don't have issues like this.

it is well o to all real hustlers out there, genuine and legitimate hustlers I mean

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by dhensity: 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2023
my grand dad was earning 70k just last December.. today january he is earning 250k as a driver in another company in Lagos

15 Likes

Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2023
I'm still hustling, I will tell my own story later...

Lemme book space

7 Likes

Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by bouncin04(m): 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2023
grin
Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by Higgies(m): 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2023
Just that things do not always goes as planned

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by buygala(m): 12:58pm On Jan 25, 2023
I am sure some persons here have stolen, or even killed while "hustling"

But somehow, we all have been law abiding all through our wretchedness..

Now we are all motivational speakers who saved 100k per month out of our 30k monthly salary grin

I am sure it will be quite a spectacle if God plays on public billboard some of the nasty things most of us have done to get to where we are or where we want to be.

16 Likes

Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by GorillaApp(m): 12:58pm On Jan 25, 2023
@Rubyjade.
It was easy for you because you were living in your parents house( no rent).
Almost free transportation to work.
And I'm certain you are a lady.( Don't get me wrong though, a lot of door open for ladies and lots of freebies too).

Most persons didn't have these kinds of advantages to act as a cushion

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by realestate99: 12:58pm On Jan 25, 2023
Rubyjade:
My first salary was 50k as a customer service rep.

I took the job hoping that I could save some money for my masters or wait till I get a job with my dream company.

Three months into starting work,

Someone from head office mentioned a coperative program where you could save money.

So I decided to remove 20k from my salary for saving every month and signed a direct debit and no access to the account in the first three months.

Every other month I worked to get additional bonuses to urgumemt my new lifestyle.

As a squatter in my parents house, i still had to pay bills like DStv & Nepa bills which was about 7k. (5k Nepa and 2k Dstv).

And then when salary increased to 70k, i started doing Ajo of 20k again.

Some of the things that helped me was the staff bus and free airtime. This meant I spent close to nothing on transport while my office was only #200 to and fro work for days were bus was not availabe.

At the end of two years, I had accumulated about 450k plus interest in dividend which amounted to about 50k.

I took that 50k and bought a masters form in Unilag and got an admission.

I had planned to use the remaining money to fund my school fees but my shift job wouldn't allow me attend school full time, so I deffered.

At the end of my first four years I had bought two brand new laptops twice, two televisions, a land in Sango Ota and one naija used car that I used to learn how to drive.

All these on a salary of 50k - 70k, all things been equal.

So it baffles me, when you say that you don't have money to save because you are only lying to your self and not me.

To build a culture of saving, You have to be

πŸ‘‰ Intentional: This is identifying you have to take steps to making yourself disciplined.

That is why you have apps like Microvestng available on your play store and iOS store [/b]to help you when you sign up to get started just like i did with the cooperative.

πŸ‘‰ Take advantage of direct debit or automated savings. Our automated savings feature allows you to directly debit my account just like I did with the cooperative.

πŸ‘‰ Take advantage of returns; After my cooperative in the cooperative,[b] I was paid returns in December and felt like a king πŸ‘‘ and with apps like Microvest you earn on your money while saving
. Yes, you can get up to 20% P.A.

This is why I love what we do with Microvest.

P.S Do you have your hustle story, let me here in the comment section πŸ‘‡
Seems this is more of a subtle advert for Microvest than your hustle story.

26 Likes

Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by buygala(m): 12:58pm On Jan 25, 2023
Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by Mastakija(m): 12:58pm On Jan 25, 2023
G
Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:59pm On Jan 25, 2023
We shall get there
Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by Maxxim: 1:00pm On Jan 25, 2023
My grandma started back in her days with 30kobo salary in the 80s now she's earning 950k

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by thesicilian: 1:01pm On Jan 25, 2023
Everyday in the life of a poor man is a hustle story

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by MarveworldG: 1:01pm On Jan 25, 2023
It has not been easy here, even the Nairaland mods has frustrated us, we will definitely share our story on a separate thread on Nairaland one day.
You will have to understand that we the following: home, hotel, office interior design, space planning, furnitures, furnishing, luxury finishing from Ceiling to the floor, kitchen design(cabinets and kitchen electronic equipment installation) and everything 'interior related'. Chat/call: 081 19 8 9 64 72

1 Like

Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by Obidientyoruba: 1:03pm On Jan 25, 2023
They say every hustlers has his pay day we pray God bless everybody hustle , we wey no be hustler again na to de sope de go grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by olisefom: 1:03pm On Jan 25, 2023
Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by FREEMADNESS: 1:05pm On Jan 25, 2023
My hustle story in a nutshell.

I supplied pure water to retail shops jst to fund my secondary education, quit after six months.
Hawked landphones in the street of Lagos jst to write my waec exam.

Got admission 2yrs later worked as a labourer in construction sites.

Long story short......

School no favour me, d struggle no easy also I jst jejely enta ONLINE asap.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by makavalley(m): 1:06pm On Jan 25, 2023
Maxxim:
My grandma started back in her days with 30kobo salary in the 80s now she's earning 950k

Una wan start oo ... Lmao...sorry I read it the other way round not doubting you though

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by nakamoraa(m): 1:09pm On Jan 25, 2023
Oga please be calming down with this your illusional motivational write ups.

You made 450k + 50k in 2 years

In 4 years you would probably made

How on earth can you buy two laptops, a land and car with 1 million??

Ibu onye oshi

Motivational speakers avoid me this year biko.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by obajoey(m): 1:11pm On Jan 25, 2023
thanks

1 Like

Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 25, 2023
Even while teaching in a private secondary school with a salary of 15k,I was able to save up 140k within 1 year and some months of doing the job way back in 2013, though I was staying in my father's house and eating at home sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have A Hustle Story? by haybhi1(m): 1:15pm On Jan 25, 2023
Hustle is my middle name.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Know I Have Been Shortlisted For N-power Batch C Stream 2 / Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers / Stanbic IBTC Bank Currently Recruiting Experienced Tellers!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.