Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,054 members, 7,835,560 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

An Open Letter To Governor Akinwunmi Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Governor Akinwunmi Ambode (983 Views)

Akinwunmi Ambode Celebrates His 53rd Birthday Today / Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode / Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Governor Akinwunmi Ambode by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 09, 2015
Your excellency,
One of the key highlights of your ascent to the “throne” of Lagos State, was that you probably never envisaged a political career, yet you rose to limelight. Your technical competence with tax matters gathered a lot of momentum, and higher powers saw you as the best bet for the role. I joined in the campaign for Hon. Rotimi Olagunsoye at Epe. I also supported your campaign amongst the executive corporate bodies and individuals. All these, your excellency, were not for a personal gain. The quintessential of this was for a better Lagos, and also, as my basic civic responsibility. On May 29, 2015, many Nigerians were amazed at the swift transformation in power supply. Many claimed Ex president Goodluck Jonathan’s regime made it better, but cabals and constant sabotaging did not allow his efforts any form of manifestation. However, the evidences were seen in the current administration. Either President Buhari’s body language, or the fear of the aforementioned led to this change. Filing stations who hitherto had been known to be dubious as regards the selling meter, have adjusted. No one wants the trouble of the famous “Sai Baba”! Furthermore, “Backed up traffic” or “hold up” is the synonym of this great metropolitan city called Lagos. This led to the introduction of LASTMA, man o war and a few others. It is known that the rush hour in Lagos was usually between 5:30 am and 10 am as at Raji Fashola’s tenure. I’m not sure the number of vehicles in Lagos has doubled within May and today, sir, but our new rush hour has been extended to 2pm. I still see the LASTMA officials on the road, so I wonder, what went wrong? Chances are high, Mr. Ambode, that your body language supports lackadaisical mode of working, by these officials. A country like Nigeria needs iron hands, a city like Lagos needs a furnace, to melt the dogged ones,and mould the others to the level of expectation. To the best of my knowledge, trailers are not allowed on the third mainland bridge. Sirens were discouraged. No one,whosoever is allowed to face a one way road. Sir, take a casual drive on a fine day: your employees, policemen, are always breaking every traffic law; touts trying to enforce the laws would do so wrongly. Why? Because nobody is there to put up them in check! Question is, should policemen-law enforcement officials, be breaking the laws they’re supposed to enforce?! I don’t know if you’ll ever receive this letter, talk less of reading it but I’d offer some suggestions regardless. Off the top of my head, one of the fastest things to do is clear up traffic at major bus stops. Just towards the end of the third mainland bridge is the end of the sea, and some fallow land. How about turning that to a big bus stop, that every car stopping must drive into? This could save us from 30-45 minutes backed up traffic. Remember, we are an easy to please people. We are not asking for underground trains or wifi at every mall: Secure our lives, and save us more time that’s spent in traffic, and you’ll be our hero. Your excellency, I’m not a political analyst, or newspaper columnist. But if I go with the present situation in your state,I see a massive,and increasing break down in law and order. Discussions with a few persons helped me conclude that the breaking down of laws occur when there is a transition in government. On that note, I would say we give you a little more time to prove our votes. Remember, we vividly fought out the last administration because we wanted change; change from the norm, change from mediocrity. Is this the top of our challenge? No. But I’m sure 90% of Lagosians air similar view with me. At the barest minimum, we ask that you leave Lagos in the same condition it was in, when you became Governor, in as much as we trust in your government. Thank you sir, “Eko o ni baje”

by Shola Kola-Amodu
www.focuswap.com/forum2_theme_110958861.xhtml?tema=237

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Akinwunmi Ambode by MaziOmenuko: 8:57pm On Oct 09, 2015
Madness has returned to Lagos roads.
This was exactly what I was discussing with my colleague while driving down from work today. I learnt Lasma was stripped of their powers, so you see them standing hands akimbo by the roadside, watching as we all try to climb on top each other.
Trailers has permanently blocked all service lanes of the oshodi-apapa express road, motorist are forces to plight one way

The iyanoworo axis of the 3rd mainland bridge has returned to its status as a nightmare for workers going to the island. You will spend eternity trying to drive thru that bridge. I keep wondering how things got so worse in a space of 4 months. Truly, its easier to destroy than to build. Oshodi bridge axis is gradually returning to its status as a safe haven for hoodlums.

How soon shall we start seeing hips of dirt's on the highways?

Only time will tell.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Akinwunmi Ambode by Swissheart(f): 9:00pm On Oct 09, 2015
Ambode is a gentle man.........Lagosians can't be handled by a gentle man....meanwhile we haven't had light in Epe since about 3wks....
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Akinwunmi Ambode by anibi9674: 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
chanji
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Akinwunmi Ambode by thepen: 9:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
anibi9674:
chanji

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Akinwunmi Ambode by okomogo(m): 9:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
The dullard is busy trying to probe Fasola.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Akinwunmi Ambode by specco(m): 10:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
asis81:
Your excellency,

One of the key highlights of your ascent to the “throne” of Lagos
State, was that you probably never envisaged a political career,
yet you rose to limelight. Your technical competence with tax
matters gathered a lot of momentum, and higher powers saw
you as the best bet for the role. I joined in the campaign for
Hon. Rotimi Olagunsoye at Epe. I also supported your campaign
amongst the executive corporate bodies and individuals. All
these, your excellency, were not for a personal gain. The
quintessential of this was for a better Lagos, and also, as my
basic civic responsibility.
On May 29, 2015, many Nigerians were amazed at the swift
transformation in power supply. Many claimed Ex president
Goodluck Jonathan’s regime made it better, but cabals and
constant sabotaging did not allow his efforts any form of
manifestation. However, the evidences were seen in the current
administration. Either President Buhari’s body language, or the
fear of the aforementioned led to this change. Filing stations
who hitherto had been known to be dubious as regards the
selling meter, have adjusted. No one wants the trouble of the
famous “Sai Baba”!
Furthermore, “Backed up traffic” or “hold up” is the synonym of
this great metropolitan city called Lagos. This led to the
introduction of LASTMA, man o war and a few others. It is
known that the rush hour in Lagos was usually between 5:30 am
and 10 am as at Raji Fashola’s tenure. I’m not sure the number
of vehicles in Lagos has doubled within May and today, sir, but
our new rush hour has been extended to 2pm. I still see the
LASTMA officials on the road, so I wonder, what went wrong?
Chances are high, Mr. Ambode, that your body language
supports lackadaisical mode of working, by these officials. A
country like Nigeria needs iron hands, a city like Lagos needs a
furnace, to melt the dogged ones,and mould the others to the
level of expectation.
To the best of my knowledge, trailers are not allowed on the
third mainland bridge. Sirens were discouraged. No
one,whosoever is allowed to face a one way road. Sir, take a
casual drive on a fine day: your employees, policemen, are
always breaking every traffic law; touts trying to enforce the
laws would do so wrongly. Why? Because nobody is there to put
up them in check! Question is, should policemen-law
enforcement officials, be breaking the laws they’re supposed to
enforce?!
I don’t know if you’ll ever receive this letter, talk less of reading it
but I’d offer some suggestions regardless.
Off the top of my head, one of the fastest things to do is clear up
traffic at major bus stops. Just towards the end of the third
mainland bridge is the end of the sea, and some fallow land.
How about turning that to a big bus stop, that every car stopping
must drive into? This could save us from 30-45 minutes backed
up traffic. Remember, we are an easy to please people. We are
not asking for underground trains or wifi at every mall: Secure
our lives, and save us more time that’s spent in traffic, and you’ll
be our hero.
Your excellency, I’m not a political analyst, or newspaper
columnist. But if I go with the present situation in your state,I
see a massive,and increasing break down in law and order.
Discussions with a few persons helped me conclude that the
breaking down of laws occur when there is a transition in
government. On that note, I would say we give you a little more
time to prove our votes. Remember, we vividly fought out the
last administration because we wanted change; change from the
norm, change from mediocrity.
Is this the top of our challenge? No. But I’m sure 90% of
Lagosians air similar view with me.
At the barest minimum, we ask that you leave Lagos in the same
condition it was in, when you became Governor, in as much as
we trust in your government.
Thank you sir, “Eko o ni baje”

by Shola Kola-Amodu

www.focuswap.com/forum2_theme_110958861.xhtml?tema=237

You still have more 3yrs 7months to lament.
Agbaje would have upped the standard but you lot voted with your backside. Shame.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Akinwunmi Ambode by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 09, 2015
I have lost hope in APC ruling Lagos right from the day Ambode became there flag bearer I would have prefer DR Kadir obafemi Hamzat instead....buh pray Allah help us in dz Ambode government era and shouldn't discomfort we the talikanians(less privileged) and the privileged one's also.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Akinwunmi Ambode by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
specco:

Agbaje would have upped the standard but you lot voted with your backside. Shame.

God knows the best for us that is why Ambode won the election......instead of critics let's support them with prayer
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Akinwunmi Ambode by MayorofLagos(m): 11:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
Ambode is the right man for the job and he has 8yrs of ruling Lagos State. You guys need to accept your fate in the outcome of his victory and start singing "Eko Oni Baje"!
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Akinwunmi Ambode by akom0908(m): 11:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
Today is my birthday,if u want to celebrate your next birthday,gimme likes

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Akinwunmi Ambode by duality(m): 11:52pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nonsence

Ambode is doing his best. people should support him or keep there f@ing advice to themselves. 98% of the attack on ambode is just a reaction to the exposed corruption of fashola. This is the fact.

If not ask those attacking ambode, if buhari has done anything they'll tell you yes. but be all know that the go-slow and moronic approach of governance is coming from Abuja down to the states especially APC states.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Akinwunmi Ambode by aresa: 12:47am On Oct 10, 2015
specco:

Lagosians still wont vote for Agbaje even if he contested a million times so save your sermon...
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Akinwunmi Ambode by Kasiem2: 12:53am On Oct 10, 2015
Pls, you guys should allow this man do his work.

He's just trying to turn the whole of lagos into lagoon so igbos will get drowned.

The little allocation that's entering into lagos is being used to cure tinubu's bad breath, is that not enough?

#. Mehn, as I ugly reach I still get mind to dey talk rubbish. It's not my fault sha

(1) (Reply)

If Nigeria Is Not A Fraud, Fuel Price Should Be Below 5o Naira By Now / Just In- All Three Lagos Senators Endorse Fashola For Minister / Ministerial Nomination Impasse: My Story - By Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.