Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,552 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal (30348 Views)

PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal / Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal / Those Celebrating Wike's Removal Are Mostly From The SW And The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by Gbawe: 7:46am On Oct 26, 2015
http://saharareporters.com/2015/10/24/expose-saharareporters-led-governor-wike%E2%80%99s-removal-elections-tribunal

Expose By SaharaReporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK OCT 24, 2015

On September 11, 2015 SaharaReporters published an expose revealing that the judge heading the governorship election tribunal in Rivers State had received a bribe of N200 million from Governor Nyesom Wike to pervert the course of justice.

That compromised judge, Mu’azu Pindiga, was quietly removed as head of the election petition tribunal and reassigned to another tribunal as chairman of the National and state Houses of Assembly Tribunal for Court 2, handling state and national assembly elections petitions in Rivers State.

Despite his removal from the governorship tribunal and our our expose that his removal was due to the fact that he took bribe, Justice Pindiga went ahead to deliver controversial verdicts, validating all the legislative results called by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in the state.

“The truth is that Justice Pindiga tainted the image of the judiciary with his rulings,” said a lawyer who represented one of the candidates who petitioned the tribunal to overturn a controversial election into the House of Representatives. “We all know that the PDP [Peoples Democratic Party] carried out massive rigging throughout Rivers [State]. So when Justice Pindiga’s tribunal upheld all the cases brought before him, he robbed the people of Rivers the opportunity to redress the injustice done against them by men and women who fraudulently got into office using widespread rigging and violence,” said the lawyer.

Justice Mohammed Suleiman Ambrosa, who took over the governorship tribunal, reportedly rebuffed every effort by Mr. Wike and his cohorts to bribe him and members of his tribunal, perhaps for fear of being exposed as his successor, Justice Pindiga, was.

Below is the text of our original reporting on the firing of Justice Pindiga:

Governor Nyesom Wike’s N200 Million Bribe Behind Firing Of Governorship Election Tribunal Chairman In Rivers State

[size=14pt]Justice Mu’azu Pindiga, chairman of the Rivers State governorship election tribunal, was removed after investigators from the Department of State Security (DSS) discovered that the judge had accepted a bribe of N200 million from Governor Nyesom Wike, the major defendant in an electoral case before the tribunal.[/size]

Our sources within the DSS said their agents confronted the judge as well as the President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa, with evidence of the bribe. Justice Bulkachuwa then decided to remove the tribunal chairman.

Justice Mohammed Ambrosa was then asked to replace the compromised Justice Pindiga, as the President of the Court of Appeal said there was no point swearing in a new judge.

Two lawyers representing clients whose petitions were before the electoral tribunal told SaharaReporters that they welcomed the firing of Justice Pindiga. “Apart from the fact that he has been exposed for being corrupt, he has not demonstrated any knowledge of electoral matters,” one of the lawyers said. “I can tell you that a number of lawyers who have appeared before him have found him wanting when it comes to issues pertaining to the electoral laws of this country,” he added. Another lawyer echoed the sentiment. “We had protested to the President of Court of Appeal to replace the judge. He was a poor judge,” he said. After learning about the replacement of Justice Pindiga, Mr. Wike’s lawyers launched a feeble protest, criticizing the reconstitution of the tribunal. However, their protest was silenced when they were told that the governor’s bribe to the removed judge had been exposed.

Governor Wike had made at least two attempts to see the Chief Justice of Nigeria to seek the CJN’s help to influence the outcome of the tribunal, but the nation’s top judge declined to meet with the governor, citing his fear of President Muhammadu Buhari. SaharaReporters learned that Mr. Wike’s lawyers facilitated the collection of the N200 million by the ousted tribunal chairman. Justice Bulkachuwa, who oversees the Court of Appeal, is mentioned in legal circles as a keen receiver of inducement in past electoral tribunal cases.

10 Likes

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by Adaowerri111: 7:47am On Oct 26, 2015
Good revelation, meanwhile...where is the 200 million bribe? was it recovered and given back to Wike?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by okitz4(m): 7:49am On Oct 26, 2015
ok....continue
Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by biafranking: 7:49am On Oct 26, 2015
wike must be the governor of rivers state, let him continue, the man is working tirelessly in rivers state.
So apc should just forget about the state for now. Wether he tried to bride or not, we want him as a governor and he is the man for the job.,

Wike we know is better than the one we dont know.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by Gbawe: 7:54am On Oct 26, 2015
Over to fans of Wike and the PDP. They were busy working the angle the election tribunal chairman is Buhari's relative whereas the reality is that Wike compromised the former chairman of the Rivers election tribunal leading the President of the appeal court to dismiss Pindiga and replace him with Ambrosa. Interesting. One thing is clear though - this is not a GEJ or PDP government in place and the likes of Wike will quickly regret their 'business as usual' practice/tactics.

Justice Mu’azu Pindiga, chairman of the Rivers State governorship election tribunal, was removed after investigators from the Department of State Security (DSS) discovered that the judge had accepted a bribe of N200 million from Governor Nyesom Wike, the major defendant in an electoral case before the tribunal.

Our sources within the DSS said their agents confronted the judge as well as the President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa, with evidence of the bribe. Justice Bulkachuwa then decided to remove the tribunal chairman.

Justice Mohammed Ambrosa was then asked to replace the compromised Justice Pindiga, as the President of the Court of Appeal said there was no point swearing in a new judge.

11 Likes

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by Firefire(m): 7:55am On Oct 26, 2015
And what about the Yobe REC with allegation of bribe, and the tribunal still went ahead to validate that compromised election ?

Nigeria is drifting into abuse of power and anarchy.

53 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by Gbawe: 7:55am On Oct 26, 2015
biafranking:
wike must be the governor.

Not if he keeps increasing the number of criminal charges that can be brought against him now he no longer enjoys immunity.

1 Like

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by Day169: 7:56am On Oct 26, 2015
.. so what becomes of the(Tax free ) 200 million?
That should be probed too.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by bettercreature(m): 7:56am On Oct 26, 2015
Then why they didnt prosecute him if they have evidence of bribe or what kind of junk journalism is this one

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by Gbawe: 7:56am On Oct 26, 2015
bettercreature:
Then why they didnt prosecute him if they have evidence of bribe or what kind of junk journalism is this one

He had immunity then. Not now. He may yet be prosecuted.

1 Like

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by bettercreature(m): 7:58am On Oct 26, 2015
Gbawe:

I mean the judge who collected the bribe

9 Likes

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by Gbawe: 8:03am On Oct 26, 2015
bettercreature:
I mean the judge who collected the bribe

How are you sure this is not currently happening?

1 Like

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by biafranking: 8:04am On Oct 26, 2015
Gbawe:

if he s prosecuted for bribery then they charge him to court and remove him from the seat of power, who then will now be the governor? his deputy? Or the apc man(peterside)?

i think they should just leave the man cos he s working tirelessly for the good of rivers state.

4 Likes

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by Chubhie: 8:06am On Oct 26, 2015
bettercreature:
That's Naija politics that defies logic. The more you look the less you understand.

I see no changes only change of personal politicians interests.

6 Likes

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by Gbawe: 8:10am On Oct 26, 2015
biafranking:
if he s prosecuted for bribery then they charge him to court and remove him from the seat of power, who then will now be the governor? his deputy? Or the apc man(peterside)?

i think they should just leave the man cos he s working tirelessly for the good of rivers state.

Peterside cannot be Governor automatically because a rerun has been ordered. Neither can Wike's deputy since the assumption is that he gained power with a governor who may have secured a stolen mandate. The head of the State legislative arm will be sworn in as acting Governor. Elections will hold in 90 days. If, and it is a big if, Wike is prosecuted successfully thereby disqualified from running as governor then the PDP can still present another candidate for the gubernatorial rerun. I am not telling you this is what will happen but simply giving you the scenario that may play out.

11 Likes

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by Firefire(m): 8:10am On Oct 26, 2015
Gbawe:

Not if he keeps increasing the number of criminal charges that can be brought against him now he no longer enjoys immunity.

Wike remains the governor of Rivers if he appeal the Tribunal's ruling within 21 days, the Court of Appeal has 90 Days to rule on his application.

If the Appeal court uphold the Tribunal's ruling, he can thereafter appeal to the Supreme Court.

Only the Supreme Court can unseat Wike, thereafter he hands over to the Speaker for the re-run.

Why all this court proceedings are taking place, Wike remains the governor with His FULL immunity.

Please take your time to read the Electoral Act.

Thank you.

E&OE

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by bettercreature(m): 8:10am On Oct 26, 2015
Gbawe:

How are you sure this is not currently happening?
Just look at what happened to Ghanian judges who collected bribe,they were all suspended currently facing charges
I dont think it's on going,our journalists are not that bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by bettercreature(m): 8:12am On Oct 26, 2015
Chubhie:
That's Naija politics that defies logic. The more you look the less you understand.

I see no changes only change of personal politicians interests.
I'm APC fan but seriously i haven't seen any change either

1 Like

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by Firefire(m): 8:16am On Oct 26, 2015
bettercreature:

Please be honest, there is CHANGE and we can all see it. tongue

The change is all about returning power to the North by all means, this was fulfilled already.

You see APC has denied all the campaign promises already, so expect nothing else.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 26, 2015
Firefire:

The change is all about returning power to the North by all means, this was fulfilled already.

You see APC has denied all the campaign promises already, so expect nothing else.

hehehe firefire u said it all.

6 Likes

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by Chubhie: 8:20am On Oct 26, 2015
bettercreature:
As an APC fan, you are already on queue to be allocated change. The gladiators,common sense revolutionaries and investors are currently doing battles to share the spoils of war. They really worked hard for it and deserves every post they get.

Just make sure your card is intact cos as a card carrying member it will surely get to your turn. Patience and good luck is what you need. I envy una for APC.

1 Like

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by bettercreature(m): 8:20am On Oct 26, 2015
Firefire:

This government is too young and we have to give PMB 3 yrs atleast before we can decide if change is a scam beside there is nothing bad in returning power back to the north,GEJ was a disaster

2 Likes

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by Dhugal: 8:23am On Oct 26, 2015
Gbawe:

Erm.....wake up from dreamland,man.Wike is still Governor until the appeal process up to the Supreme Court is exhausted and go against him.
Why don't you just shut up and observe from the sideline,than being made to eat crow at the end of the day.

3 Likes

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by bettercreature(m): 8:24am On Oct 26, 2015
Chubhie:
As an APC fan, you are already on queue to be allocated change. The gladiators,common sense revolutionaries and investors are currently doing battles to share the spoils of war. They really worked hard for it and deserves every post they get.

Just make sure your card is intact cos as a card carrying member it will surely get to your turn. Patience and good luck is what you need. I envy una for APC.
You are very funny GEJ and PEJ are the worst things ever happened to this great country and we are still suffering from it,he was so bad to the extent that over 19states were unable to pay salaries,he is a hero tho for conceding defeat
Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by Firefire(m): 8:24am On Oct 26, 2015
bettercreature:
This government is too young and we have to give PMB 3 yrs atleast before we can decide if change is a scam beside there is nothing bad in returning power back to the north,GEJ was a disaster

If GEJ was a disaster, I bet PMB is disastrous. cheesy

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by Firefire(m): 8:26am On Oct 26, 2015
Dhugal:

Erm.....wake up from dreamland,man.Wike is still Governor until the appeal process up to the Supreme Court is exhausted and go against him.
Why don't you just shut up and observe from the sideline,than being made to eat crow at the end of the day.

My brother is gallivanting with half information. cheesy
Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by bettercreature(m): 8:27am On Oct 26, 2015
Firefire:

If GEJ was a disaster, I bet PMB is disastrous. cheesy
No i dont think so,just think about the BAIL OUT FUNDs for states and nearly stable ELECTRICITY,no more fuel SCARCITY and NNPC reform,you will realise this government is really working

3 Likes

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by Gbawe: 8:30am On Oct 26, 2015
bettercreature:
Just look at what happened to Ghanian judges who collected bribe,they were all suspended currently facing charges
I dont think it's on going,our journalists are not that bad

This is linked to an election and has to be handled sensitively plus in the right order. The judge was replaced and Wike was removed. You too should think of the backlash if the judge had been arrested, charged and suspended. Would the entire world not accuse the Buhari regime of deliberately removing the judge so he could nail Wike? Better to replace the judge and legally dismiss Wike. After that point then the bribe-taking judge can be prosecuted. The APC is not a foolish Party to give the opposition ammunition when we all know said opposition is desperate for 'food' to use in declaring that Buhari has begun to hound and jail "innocent" folks without trial.

1 Like

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by Chubhie: 8:35am On Oct 26, 2015
bettercreature:
You are very funny GEJ and PEJ are the worst things ever happened to this great country and we are still suffering from it,he was so bad to the extent that over 19states were unable to pay salaries,he is a hero tho for conceding defeat
I'm shocked you even found positive in GEJ. You are The Honest One.

Like the default Nigerian mindset we can only go to our churches and masjids and pray fervently so that we can draw change into reality.

2 Likes

Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by Gbawe: 8:36am On Oct 26, 2015
Dhugal:

Let us see the outcome of his appeal.
Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by Dhugal: 8:39am On Oct 26, 2015
Firefire:

My brother is gallivanting with half information. cheesy
Or he's deliberately sowing disinformation for the idiots that abound on nairaland.
This is not the first time he's done that.
Re: Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal by Gbawe: 8:40am On Oct 26, 2015
bettercreature:

GEJ was indeed a disaster. A very big one. He has set Nigeria back by at least 10 years in my opinion.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

They are Now Wheeling Out The Amateur Damage Control Hustlers - David Hundeyin / Tukur & Jonathan Shared $35M Meant For Chibok Girls Release - Sahara Reporters / Abia: Alex Otti Commissions Emelogu, Shallom And Cemetery Roads In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.