Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' (54620 Views)

Vincent Enyeama's Wife Speaks Up On His Retirement From Super Eagles / Photos Of Vincent Enyeama Leaving Super Eagles Camp / Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. (2) (3) (4)

Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by MARINS(f): 11:00am On Oct 10, 2015
As seen on Instagram today.

[b]''Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of whatsoever,I fear no evil for thou oh God JEHOVAH is with me.I didn't have a problem with Chief Onibginde,Chukwu,Equavon,Berti vogts,Lars Lagerback, Keshi. Under Berti Vogts, I WAS INJURED. it was a match against Ugandan that we won 1/0. The coach decided to stick to Austine Ejide after that match because Ejide had a great game. ONE QUESTION to everyone.
Who would be happy after just burying your mother that carried you 9months in the womb and suffered for you day and night, jumping on a 6hour plane to represent your fatherland only to be stripped of the captainship and humiliated at the first meeting in front of everyone after serving the nation for 13years. I have honoured about 99% of the national team invitations no matter where the match is played. Anyway, my decision to quit the national team is for the best interest of the nation. I don't want to be the reason that Nigerian football house is divided. I want Nigeria to get back up to where it belongs. It's a professional decision made for the blessing of the nation.I am very sorry for being the reason that all this things are happening.God bless NIGERIA#wearenigeriag.
[/b]

https://instagram.com/p/8pWzrAzavo/?taken-by=vinny2908

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by gmacnoms(m): 11:05am On Oct 10, 2015
Una too lyk quarrel sef. Shuuuuuu. E neva do?

So na d ftc b dis... Wey som pple carry for head? undecided
Well, I dedicate it to KING JESUS

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 10, 2015
This people sef.................

Don't they know they are just disgracing themselves?

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by ThePeacemaker(m): 11:10am On Oct 10, 2015
Enyeama sef has been overhyped

Make PSG catch am

Na 6 qoals he dae chop

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by Sunexy(m): 11:15am On Oct 10, 2015
Dis Enyeama own don 2much na
Am not saying dat wat oliseh did 2 him is right o..he has retired..he shud stop stressing the matter too much on social media
By the way, am his fan..cus he stop my star "messi" several tyms

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by nedu2000(m): 11:18am On Oct 10, 2015
ThePeacemaker:
Enyeama sef has been overhyped

Make PSG catch am

Na 6 qoals he dae chop
vincent enyeama is Nigeria's greatest ever goalkeeper and arguably,player!....CAF champion's lg(scored the winning penalty),nations' cup and world cup representation. Which keeper has come close?

214 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by kendrick9(m): 11:26am On Oct 10, 2015
nedu2000:
vincent enyeama is Nigeria's greatest ever goalkeeper and arguably,player!....CAF champion's lg(scored the winning penalty),nations' cup and world cup representation. Which keeper has come close?
good for nigerian/african standards but average outside.... watch him in french lique 1 and confirm.... he's not irreplaceable

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by kendrick9(m): 11:28am On Oct 10, 2015
Enyeama is looking for cheap sympathy.... yes,he lost his mother and we have sympathized with him but stop using to gain attension... we have all lost someone,so he ain't a special case.
He ought to have respected his boss
Edit--- there are people who don't even have the means to bury there loved ones,suffering frm poverty,no one to help them... where is the sympathy for those people?
enyeama should count himself lucky... nonsense

131 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 10, 2015
Hmmm, Enyeama you can never be forgotten

lipsrsealed

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by otigbagba: 12:28pm On Oct 10, 2015
MARINS:
As seen on Instagram today

Cc lalasticlala
.....This Enyeama....they send you.uv made ur decision abi u lyk quarrel so...e don do abeg.

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by F22RAPTOR(m): 12:32pm On Oct 10, 2015
this row will take a long time...smh.
Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by sunkieisland(m): 12:42pm On Oct 10, 2015
Talk is very cheap for lots of folks, quickly jumping to conclusion that Vincent's just out for cheap sympathy.

But let's be honest if u were in his shoes, would you have acted more matured than he's done ?

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by cr7lomo: 12:46pm On Oct 10, 2015
This has confirmed what olise said about what happened .... People like enyeama can't just let it go with what he just posted... It shows that he was the one behind the whole fracas , e don do but u no free, u want everyone to hear what u wanna say. U have retired, guy move on and stop distracting the team with ur silly posts

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by nedu2000(m): 12:46pm On Oct 10, 2015
kendrick9:
good for nigerian/african standards but average outside.... watch him in french lique 1 and confirm.... he's not irreplaceable
the career path of a goalkeeper is quite different 4rm that of an outfield player....akinfeev,preud'homme,kameni are quality keepers who were worldclass but never featured for a top club side. 'cause every team must have only one 'number 1'.Look at petr cech at chelsea last season.Enyeama falls into that category,have you forgotten his cleansheet for lille last season?i think he's a decent keeper good enough for the EPL

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by Sweetyie(f): 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2015
Eeyah. Enyeama come back na

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by damton(m): 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2015
There seem s to be more to this fracas then what is generally believed

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by olufemimajek: 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2015
Vincent Enyema has always been a trouble maker.... Did i hear him say he never had problem with other coaches...He should go abeg, his own is too much..

20 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by Caracta(f): 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2015
Oh Vincent pulleeeaaase! Enough!

This back and forth is tiring. Both of you have attitude problem and I blame both of you for this drama. Oliseh was wrong but being a new boss, he needed to take charge as quick as possible even though he had no personal relationship with many of you. My boss started that way too.

And you Vincent, you don't need to announce you served us well for 13 years. We know what you have done for your country...our country. Don't blow your trumpet. You have retired or resigned, then rest. You have done your best. You are a blessing to the Super Eagles. Now just shut it already and let us do the talking and gossiping. Silence is golden.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by Segadem(m): 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2015
Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by styless(f): 1:29pm On Oct 10, 2015
Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by Ejovwoke(m): 1:29pm On Oct 10, 2015
saddened
Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by menix(m): 1:29pm On Oct 10, 2015
This goes a long way to prove what transpired that day..

Vincent like talk, because u have played demons nd fallen Angels don't give u the authority to challenge. Ur boss..

U have decided to resign, oya enjoy ur family nd stop heating up Nairaland..

26 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by bunmioguns(m): 1:29pm On Oct 10, 2015
Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by Chanchit: 1:30pm On Oct 10, 2015
Thank you for you contribution, I know you are the best thing that have happened to Nigeria since bread and butter, we wish you also the best. Ngbanu bye bye.

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by Warldbest(m): 1:30pm On Oct 10, 2015
Medicine after death tongue

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by Nonybb: 1:30pm On Oct 10, 2015
If Ahmed Musa is really a Leader and merit the captainship given to him, he would immediately initiate a peace move between Oliseh and Enyeama ASAP. From the look of things we can see the indignation of Vincent: the captaincy stripped from him. Only Musa is able to stand in the box and entreat on the whole stuff, and even advise Sunday to let Enyeama have his band back. A Football team is not an individual efforts; it is a collective efforts of all individuals involved

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by ihatebuhari(f): 1:30pm On Oct 10, 2015
Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by Menace2Society(m): 1:30pm On Oct 10, 2015
kendrick9:
Joke

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by LivingDiamond(m): 1:30pm On Oct 10, 2015
Enyeama, enough of all this touching stories...Best wishes to you in your life endeavours.

#Tboyunited

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by karlriz(m): 1:30pm On Oct 10, 2015

Make diz guy calm down na. E don do. Shuu, u wan de follow Mourinho drag media?.

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by adioolayi(m): 1:31pm On Oct 10, 2015
He should go in peace joor!
Does he want the whole Nation to be on their knees...abeg!
Let him know Super Eagles are moving on without him....and we are going to get a good replacement.... where is Ike Casilas in Spain squad today? He is not the first and won't be the last keeper to call it quit...we've had Alloy, Rufai, Ike and so on...Nigeria is Blessed Beyond hanging onto an individual

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by datbay(m): 1:31pm On Oct 10, 2015
In all, I still think NFF should intervene because this will definitely destroy the team spirit of the SE if care is not taken.

Michail Antonio Crashes His Lamborghini On Christmas Day / Terrence Francis & Dwayne Allen Struck By Lightning During Cup Match / The Armband Cristiano Threw To The Ground Raises Money For Serbian Child