Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,537 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' (54638 Views)

Vincent Enyeama's Wife Speaks Up On His Retirement From Super Eagles / Photos Of Vincent Enyeama Leaving Super Eagles Camp / Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by Rilwayne001: 2:11pm On Oct 10, 2015
Loquacious ex-Super Shicken goal keeper.
Time to sherrup eyeama undecided
Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by femimat(m): 2:12pm On Oct 10, 2015
Enyeama, your own don dey too much... Na only u waka come... Abeg go sidon.... You don go, u don go... Make we see road abeg.... Stop all dis social media sympathy.... You are becoming irritating....

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by hardebounty(m): 2:12pm On Oct 10, 2015
But make una wait ooh.. ds Vincent Enyeama sef na wooh, was he not paid wenever he played for the super Eagles?? Dem go dey shout I "serve the nation" jus like d politicians like say na free dem dey play 4 d nations... shioooooooor

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by DAVIES27(m): 2:12pm On Oct 10, 2015
kendrick9:
Enyeama is looking for cheap sympathy.... yes,he lost his mother and we have sympathized with him but stop using to gain attension... we have all lost someone,so he ain't a special case.
He ought to have respected his boss
Edit--- there are people who don't even have the means to bury there loved ones,suffering frm poverty,no one to help them... where is the sympathaty for those people?
enyeama should count himself lucky... nonsense
you made yor point but not to end it with this statement NONSENSE isn't good enough
Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by olorunsogo1: 2:17pm On Oct 10, 2015
adioolayi:
He should go in peace joor!
Does he want the whole Nation to be on their knees...abeg!
Let him know Super Eagles are moving on without him....and we are going to get a good replacement.... where is Ike Casilas in Spain squad today? He is not the first and won't be the last keeper to call it quit...we've had Alloy, Rufai, Ike and so on...Nigeria is Blessed Beyond hanging onto an individual
This is where I feel we are missing it and can't go a long way to a greater height. So far you have 100 in stock doesn't mean you shouldn't value one at hand with optimal regards. More so, we do not have leaders in Nigeria football because leadership is making all to be willing to go the extra mile for you in achieving your goal which has to be earned not demanded for. Bunch of reactive leaders in lieu of responsive ones.
Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by Adah96(f): 2:17pm On Oct 10, 2015
hmmmmmmm
Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by Richy4(m): 2:17pm On Oct 10, 2015
kendrick9:
good for nigerian/african standards but average outside.... watch him in french lique 1 and confirm.... he's not irreplaceable

You have no idea how that guy was worshiped in France. I did not say it. in fact i was not a fan of his. but my boss who was from that country and a fan of his was telling me because he heard i am a Nigerian.

I remembered how passionately he was explaining to me how awesome he was in front of a goal post. bla bla bla. I have to pretend that i cared for the sake of my beloved country listening to him talk about Vincent.

That means that you are mistaken..... and he was not average outside. If an outsider could speak passionately about a black man doing great, i can just imagine what would have happened if he was not a Nigerian......

Nomination as one of the best Goal keeper would have been ring like a bell by now.

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by babyfaceafrica: 2:18pm On Oct 10, 2015
Uncletony:

U will lose ur mum very soon, so u can understand the horror of losing one most valuable human. Anyway am not sure u have a mother..mayb a product of motherless babies home.
that's uncalled for!!!..jeez!!!...smh

2 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by Boss13: 2:19pm On Oct 10, 2015
I think this was analyze on a sport radio show. Vincent was given permission by the NFF to bury his mom and I think the NFF did not inform Oliseh. On the other hand, Vincent should have informed the coach, Oliseh, and likewise, inform the top ranking NFF official.

From a management point of view, Oliseh is only trying to show who is boss and claiming his territory. It is usually annoying for subordinates to pass you over and obtain approval from superior officers, an annoying act indeed. From my own point of view, I think Oliseh was aware that Vincent was burying his mom. It was a national news so almost everyone was aware of that, however, I think Oliseh was angry because first, Vincent did not seek permission from him to arrive late in camp. Second, Vincent took permission from a higher NFF officer.

Back to the incident, Oliseh questioned Vincent why he is arriving late to camp. Vincent tried to explain and there was a shouting match because Vincent informed Oliseh that he is an adult and would not be treated as a kid. Oliseh was shouting, which to me was not necessary, because Vincent passed over his head. The NFF official tried to intervene and Oliseh ordered that he would resigned if Vincent does not leave the camp office as he had earlier ordered. Oliseh went further to strip Vincent off his captainship. At this moment, Vincent felt humiliated and embarrassed and decided to quit the team.

In conclusion, both were wrong and this interpersonal clash caused us a defeat. However, a boss must show he is the boss or losses control of his subordinates. On the other hand, Vincent acted maturely to quit the team and to avoid further issues. I don't know if they would resolve their differences, but I would rather advise Vincent to stay off the team for now. Oliseh too must control his temper/emotions. He is known to have a bad temper. Oliseh must realized that he now manages people and people are very difficult and different, nobody is the same and he must appreciate the diversity of people and treat them nicely.

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by nedu2000(m): 2:19pm On Oct 10, 2015
cristweeezy:
ike shorunmu nko?
ike way dey wear leggings?lolss....he'll barely enter nigeria's top 3 keepers let alone upstage vincent
Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by macof(m): 2:20pm On Oct 10, 2015
Sunexy:

Shey he has retired??
He shud quit posting in Instagram na.
Am not saying wat happened 2 him is good..he shud move on

Well, he is human and he should be allowed to let out the grief of his double loss. You wouldn't do better if he was you
Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by adioolayi(m): 2:21pm On Oct 10, 2015
olorunsogo1:

This is where I feel we are missing it and can't go a long way to a greater height. So far you have 100 in stock doesn't mean you shouldn't value one at hand with optimal regards. More so, we do not have leaders in Nigeria football because leadership is making all to be willing to go the extra mile for you in achieving your goal which has to be earned not demanded for. Bunch of reactive leaders in lieu of responsive ones.

Was angry because he didn't let the sleeping dog be....Why putting petrol in already heated atmosphere... he doesn't need it. He should retire in peace!
Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by adconline(m): 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2015
motif8:
I like Eyeama but if i were to be his coach like Sunday Oliseh, i will do more than what he did to him. all this i served Nigeria for 13 years is a trash as far as i am concern, my question is; is he playing for Nigeria for free? was he not part of those that protested for match bonus before they travel to Brazil for confederation cup? he has turn to a complainer instead of a footballer recently. he queried NFF for the choice of Kaduna Stadium as if he is wiser than everyone in the Glass House. His mother died yes but cant he tell the coach pls I would not be able to honour this invitation because of what happened to me, only to get to belgium and start trouble. Enyeama is just an opportunist, give chance to other goal keeper they will prove themselves. Nigeria Made Eyeama, he did not make Nigeria.
What have u done for village? Playing for Naija doesn't pay the bill, but playing for the club pays the bill!!
Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by Archie30: 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2015
You can easily tell how passionate this guy is about representing his country. He's hurting inside. He lost his mum. How sad could it ever get for anyone. He's obviously upset for being stripped of the armband. It's not his prerogative but things could ve been done differently, like a bit more professional. Managers re there to manage difficult situations and this isn't one to be honest. It's bout ego and hubris. It appears Oliseh wants to get rid of him really. At no point post this furore did the manager say the door is still open for Vincent. Enyema is the most experienced Nigerian player at the moment and a goalkeeper at 32 still has years ahead of him. This guy's experience is sadly going to be lost for a silly internal matter. I really hope this is sorted out and Enyema gets back to representing the country. We need him. The young players need his experience

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by Uchezuruki(m): 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2015
Enyeama any small thing, you don enter social media dey run your mouth anyhow about how you've served the nation for 13years! Guyman can you try this same sh*t with your coach in lille? Abi no be your mate dey warzone dey serve the nation? Guy use your head oh!

2 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by babyfaceafrica: 2:23pm On Oct 10, 2015
Boss13:
I think this was analyze on a sport radio show. Vincent was given permission by the NFF to bury his mom and I think the NFF did not inform Oliseh. On the other hand, Vincent should have informed the coach, Oliseh, and likewise, inform the top ranking NFF official.

From a management point of view, Oliseh is only trying to show who is boss and claiming his territory. It is usually annoying for subordinates to pass you over and obtain approval from superior officers, an annoying act indeed. From my own point of view, I think Oliseh was aware that Vincent was burying his mom. It was a national news so almost everyone was aware of that, however, I think Oliseh was angry because first, Vincent did not seek permission from him to arrive late in camp. Second, Vincent took permission from a higher NFF officer.

Back to the incident, Oliseh questioned Vincent why he is arriving late to camp. Vincent tried to explain and there was a shouting match because Vincent informed Oliseh that he is an adult and would not be treated as a kid. Oliseh was shouting, which to me was not necessary, because Vincent passed over his head. The NFF official tried to intervene and Oliseh ordered that he would resigned if Vincent does not leave the camp office as he had earlier ordered. Oliseh went further to strip Vincent off his captainship. At this moment, Vincent felt humiliated and embarrassed and decided to quit the team.

In conclusion, both were wrong and this interpersonal clash caused us a defeat. However, a boss must show he is the boss or losses control of his subordinates. On the other hand, Vincent acted maturely to quit the team and to avoid further issues. I don't know if they would resolve their differences, but I would rather advise Vincent to stay off the team for now. Oliseh too must control his temper/emotions. He is known to have a bad temper. Oliseh must realized that he now manages people and people are very difficult and different, nobody is the same and he must appreciate the diversity of people and treat them nicely.
he should. Stay away for life!!!!

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by uzo4real(m): 2:25pm On Oct 10, 2015
Enyema as u retire, still shut up na....

2 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by Okobaba1(m): 2:27pm On Oct 10, 2015
Vincent your plans won't work. Its very obvious that you caused whatever transpired betwee you and your coach. If U did nothing wrong allow God to judge. Why are you over flogging d issue. You want us to know that you own the super eagles? Or you are senior to your coach? Ooooh! because u have served d super eagles for 13yrs and your coach is jjc? To u because Oliseh is just coming he shd worship U? Well, he has shown u he is nt a sissy like d other coaches and he won't take your shit.

We have a match today nd cos of dat u com online to spew shit in order to destabilize d boys. Are u a wizard? Daz hw u destabilize dem nd made dem lose to DR Congo. If dey lose today to cameroon I won't spare. Retire and leave so dat d younger boys can play. U are nt d only one in SE. Give others opportunity to grow. Go home joor!!

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by john633(m): 2:29pm On Oct 10, 2015
Enyeama u should thank to nigerian we gave u the chance to show ur self and become a profession
Which after u went abroad & hav achieve alot of success..
Pls stop all this drama & apologize to all nigeria we made u who u are stop being proud..

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by gloryon(m): 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2015
Vincent should stop playing victim. If he really loved his dead mum and he is not in the right frame of mind to play the game,why did he honour the invitation? Won't he be paid for his "service" ? See him talking as if he has being representing Nigeria free of charge. What he is forgetting is that anybody can be vincent,he is just opportune to be in that position. What a kid!!! Mtchewww!!!!

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by adepiero: 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2015
sunkieisland:
Talk is very cheap for lots of folks, quickly jumping to conclusion that Vincent's just out for cheap sympathy.

But let's be honest if u were in his shoes, would you have acted more matured than he's done ?
Of all the post I've read, you are the only person with "Common Sense"
Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by SHEGZYDONIAA: 2:32pm On Oct 10, 2015
kendrick9:
Enyeama is looking for cheap sympathy.... yes,he lost his mother and we have sympathized with him but stop using to gain attension... we have all lost someone,so he ain't a special case.
He ought to have respected his boss
Edit--- there are people who don't even have the means to bury there loved ones,suffering frm poverty,no one to help them... where is the sympathaty for those people?
enyeama should count himself lucky... nonsense
kill a sibling of urs and u ll know aw it feels like...
Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by sukkot: 2:32pm On Oct 10, 2015
Teryfik:
permit 2 quote u....if Enyeama enta Epl in yansh go open die,mayb then u will all knw he is actually not d greatest goalkeeper 9ja has had,he might b d most capped n d most loyal player but definately nt d best.....quote ME at ur own PERIL
who is the best ? rufai ? i liked rufai. he looked like a man of dignity. that his afro was off the hook. always admired his afro lol. he had that 60s african american blaxploitation movies look like he could be part of ' 3 the hard way '
Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by dammytosh: 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2015
nedu2000:
vincent enyeama is Nigeria's greatest ever goalkeeper and arguably,player!....CAF champion's lg(scored the winning penalty),nations' cup and world cup representation. Which keeper has come close?

When did you start watching football ?

DId you see Peter RUfai in the sticks ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by amodaade: 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2015
cr7lomo:
This has confirmed what olise said about what happened .... People like enyeama can't just let it go with what he just posted... It shows that he was the one behind the whole fracas , e don do but u no free, u want everyone to hear what u wanna say. U have retired, guy move on and stop distracting the team with ur silly posts

Gbam
Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by JideTheBlogger(m): 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2015
This Enyeama shaa...

Be like sey he don dey regret sey he retire. hahaha grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by peterd53(m): 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2015
adconline:

This is how Naija treats people who have rendered selfless service to the nation for 13yrs?? Before u criticize him, just tell me what u have done to ur community.

was he doing it for free?
wat d Bleep u saying
Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by dammytosh: 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2015
gloryon:
Vincent should stop playing victim. If he really loved his dead mum and he is not in the right frame of mind to play the game,why did he honour the invitation? Won't he be paid for his "service" ? See him talking as if he has being representing Nigeria free of charge. What he is forgetting is that anybody can be vincent,he is just opportune to be in that position. What a kid!!! Mtchewww!!!!

That is what i don't understand about the SERVICE TO THE NATION.

They pay them for every match

They pay them for every Win

Bonuses and allowances.

If they are not selected, they LOBBY and BEG

SO what exactly have they done ?

THere was no crisis they paid from their pocket like SAMUEL ETO and GEORGE WEAH..

Enyeama should show me the Motherless home he sent all the cash and rewards he collected for winning Nations Cup

He should go and sit down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by cristweeezy(m): 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2015
nedu2000:
ike way dey wear leggings?lolss....he'll barely enter nigeria's top 3 keepers let alone upstage vincent
LMAO... Leggings.
Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by Copiousworld: 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2015
Inasmuch as i like this guy but Oga, please stop saying you served Nigeria. For heaven's sake, you were payed millions for your "so called" service and received first class treatments from Nigeria and Nigerians. You left the team because one man decided to make some changes. If you were truly serving (as professed), you would remain with the team. Now, no more millions and no more first class treatment.....end result of "Pride"

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' by sukkot: 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2015
geedeex2:
Because you're strip off captainship then you quit ? Must you captain the side to lead ?pride at its peak
yup i think we are all starting to slowly see enyeama for what he really is. a hot tempered pompous and arrogant person. no humility at all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Suarez Officially Leaves Barcelona For Laliga Rivals / Cameroon Coach Seedorf Reveals His Major Worry Ahead Of Clash Vs Nigeria / Lukaku Changes Social Media Bio After Been Dropped For The Liverpool Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.