Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529082 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:22pm On Oct 23, 2015
admax:
Guys, i was here in May 2015 when i made my first application which was refused and refusal stamped at the back of my passport. I came back here this month to gather more intelligence as i was about to make my second application. I was patient and saw what i didn't see during my first application.

I also went to church to lay my passport at the altar because this trip is important for my career.

I submitted my application on Oct 19th with account transactions explanations, cover letter et al and collected it today and my visa was granted!

Thank you FrontPageLawyer and Justwise. God bless you both.

Congratulations!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by admax(m): 2:25pm On Oct 23, 2015
Thanks boss smiley

FrontPageLawyer:

Congratulations!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bigolly(m): 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2015
admax:
Guys, i was here in May 2015 when i made my first application which was refused and refusal stamped at the back of my passport. I came back here this month to gather more intelligence as i was about to make my second application. I was patient and saw what i didn't see during my first application.

I also went to church to lay my passport at the altar because this trip is important for my career.

I submitted my application on Oct 19th with account transactions explanations, cover letter et al and collected it today and my visa was granted!

Thank you FrontPageLawyer and Justwise. God bless you both.

congrats, u summit oct 19th and you get your visa today, did u pay for fasttrack or wat
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bigolly(m): 2:44pm On Oct 23, 2015
pls i summitted my application at VI centre and the lady that received my documents asked if am submitting the originals and i told her if i need 2 summit it and she said is my choice, so i went away with the original documents, hope thats normal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chukyrooy(m): 2:48pm On Oct 23, 2015
thanks @ FrontPageLawyer and @Justwise for the previous advice.

I have gotten my documents ready as advised. i just have a little issue. i filled out my form and tried paying several times and it wasnt successful so i turned to my cousin who is in the travel business to help me go through it and pay also.

i just noticed when i was about to print the application that he made some changes though he assured me of them i will just like to be sure to avoid making any mistake;
NB: this is for the renewal of my second five year visa that is to expire next month and also it is a family holiday hence the high cost.

WHAT IS THE COST TO YOU PERSONALLY OF YOUR TRIP IN GBP(£)? 1500GBP

THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU HAVE FOR THIS TRIP N1000000

THE COST OF THE AEROPLANE, BOAT OR TRAIN TICKETS N180000

THE COST OF YOUR ACCOMMODATION NILL

THE COST OF YOUR LIVING EXPENSES 400GBP

IS SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOU PAYING FOR ALL OR A PART OF YOUR TRIP? YES

PLEASE SELECT WHAT THE RELATIONSHIP IS OF THE PERSON WHO IS CONTRIBUTING TO THE PAYMENT FOR YOUR TRIP? FATHER

HOW MUCH WILL THEY BE PAYING TOWARDS YOUR TRIP (IN GBP £)? 2000

here is the problem;

1. i feel the first question should have been 0 or Nill since my dad is the one sponsoring the trip or the most of it. if this is wrong can i use a cover note explaining the mistake?

Thank You everybody for doing such a nice job here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aibisoye: 2:57pm On Oct 23, 2015
Jesu Christi..... You should have submitted all original documents it helps. And it will be returned to you.
Bigolly:
pls i summitted my application at VI centre and the lady that received my documents asked if am submitting the originals and i told her if i need 2 summit it and she said is my choice, so i went away with the original documents, hope thats normal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by admax(m): 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2015
I didn't pay for fast track, i was also surprised how fast a decision was reached on my application.

Bigolly:

congrats, u summit oct 19th and you get your visa today, did u pay for fasttrack or wat
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2015
Bigolly:

Apparently the Lady was not so kind to you.

You're meant to submit both Originals and Photocopies including your work ID if any.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2015
chukyrooy:

I have gotten my documents ready as advised. i just have a little issue. i filled out my form and tried paying several times and it wasnt successful so i turned to my cousin who is in the travel business to help me go through it and pay also.

i just noticed when i was about to print the application that he made some changes though he assured me of them i will just like to be sure to avoid making any mistake;
NB: this is for the renewal of my second five year visa that is to expire next month and also it is a family holiday hence the high cost.

WHAT IS THE COST TO YOU PERSONALLY OF YOUR TRIP IN GBP(£)? "N/A" since your Dad is the sponsor

THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU HAVE FOR THIS TRIP Sum up Transportation, Feeding and Plane Ticket

THE COST OF THE AEROPLANE, BOAT OR TRAIN TICKETS N180000[b] ( This should be in GBP use www.oanda.com for conversion)[/b]

PLEASE SELECT WHAT THE RELATIONSHIP IS OF THE PERSON WHO IS CONTRIBUTING TO THE PAYMENT FOR YOUR TRIP? FATHER

HOW MUCH WILL THEY BE PAYING TOWARDS YOUR TRIP (IN GBP £)? Sum up Transportation, Feeding and Plane Ticket

here is the problem;

1. i feel the first question should have been 0 or Nill since my dad is the one sponsoring the trip or the most of it. if this is wrong can i use a cover note explaining the mistake?

We have schooled people here on how to Fill the "Income & Expenditure". I am afraid your cousin is wrong and with your own experience over the years you should know better.

Who is providing the accommodation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chukyrooy(m): 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

We have schooled people here on how to Fill the "Income & Expenditure". I am afraid your cousin is wrong and with your own experience over the years you should know better.

Who is providing the accommodation?

Staying at my uncles. Been staying there over the years.

Can I make the correction in the cover note or should I just leave it the way it is. ?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Davdar: 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2015
Thanks so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2015
chukyrooy:

Staying at my uncles. Been staying there over the years.

Can I make the correction in the cover note or should I just leave it the way it is. ?

Have you submitted your application? If yes, a cover letter will do otherwise it's advisable you start another application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chukyrooy(m): 3:51pm On Oct 23, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Have you submitted your application? If yes, a cover letter will do otherwise it's advisable you start another application.

Okay thank you so much. I'll get the letter ready.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hassanko786(m): 4:39pm On Oct 23, 2015
Hello Guys
i am happy to join you in this forum.
i have a question regarding my passport. i have recently submitted my application for a spouse visa, When I arrived at TLScontact office in Abuja and upon checking my passport, I was informed that my passport has no blank pages. I actually do have 4 empty pages (but one sided). It was a lack of knowledge from my side (and the solicitor that handled my case), I thought one blank page means one side of the page blank and not back and front.
However; it was too late for me to withdraw the application and i went ahead with the submission any way.
based on your experience in this this regard, do you think i have chance? (of course if other requirements were met) or will I be denied the visa based this on issue?
anyone's response will be highly appreciated. and so sorry if i have diverted the discussion to another matter.

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by veecee29: 7:22pm On Oct 23, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Spending £1060 on a 7 days trip is prudent, but the ECO will consider your application base on your closing balance in your statement of account and your monthly wages.

So you might want to tell us what you have in your closing balance and monthly wages.

@FrontPageLawyer,u asked the above question,and i answered u bt u've not responded till now.Please see my answer below and contribute.Thanks.
My closing balance is 1.16m.Even though we have a 10 man monthly contribution in my office of which we take 200k in turns and October is my turn.I'm scared if i pay it into my account by month end it will be considered money lodgement.What do u think about this? So in a nutshell,my closing balance as of today is 1.16m while my monthly income is a little bit above 95k.
Secondly,my closing balance is not in one account.Half of it is in my salary account and the other half is in my savings account.I usually move money from my salary account to my savings account. Hope that won't be a problem?
Please also throw more light on d hotel question i asked
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:02pm On Oct 23, 2015
veecee29:

@FrontPageLawyer,u asked the above question,and i answered u bt u've not responded till now.Please see my answer below and contribute.Thanks.
My closing balance is 1.16m.Even though we have a 10 man monthly contribution in my office of which we take 200k in turns and October is my turn.I'm scared if i pay it into my account by month end it will be considered money lodgement.What do u think about this? So in a nutshell,my closing balance as of today is 1.16m while my monthly income is a little bit above 95k.
Secondly,my closing balance is not in one account.Half of it is in my salary account and the other half is in my savings account.I usually move money from my salary account to my savings account. Hope that won't be a problem?
Please also throw more light on d hotel question i asked

Your closing balance is good, but ensure there is no money lodgement and also you must provide paper evidence how you've been moving funds from account A to B except that it reflects in your statement of account which you'll have to asterisk and explain in details to the ECO.

What's your question about the hotel?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by SIRKAY98(m): 9:00pm On Oct 23, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Your closing balance is good, but ensure there is no money lodgement and also you must provide paper evidence how you've been moving funds from account A to B except that it reflects in your statement of account which you'll have to asterisk and explain in details to the ECO.

In addition i wish to say that you should give proper explanation of all the money lodgement one by one. Even if possible make a copy of the bank statement and use higlighter to explain bit by bit all your transactions.

You can allow the contribution you are to collect reflect in your account if you have proper explanation .cheers and good work to everyone here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by SIRKAY98(m): 9:06pm On Oct 23, 2015
yemcol:

Pls,as a business name where am suppose to pay to** federal or state or I am paying both sir.

Just pay to inland revenue bro.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by SIRKAY98(m): 9:14pm On Oct 23, 2015
chukyrooy:

WHAT IS THE COST TO YOU PERSONALLY OF YOUR TRIP IN GBP(£)? 1500GBP

THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU HAVE FOR THIS TRIP N1000000

THE COST OF THE AEROPLANE, BOAT OR TRAIN TICKETS N180000

HOW MUCH WILL THEY BE PAYING TOWARDS YOUR TRIP (IN GBP £)? 2000

here is the problem;

If its your daddy that is taking care of everything then you can use cover letter signed and well expalined to do the correction or better still cancel your appointment make refunds of the initial payment then fill a fresh one and make your correction because i know uk wella them be lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 23, 2015
hassanko786:
Hello Guys
i am happy to join you in this forum.
i have a question regarding my passport. i have recently submitted my application for a spouse visa, When I arrived at TLScontact office in Abuja and upon checking my passport, I was informed that my passport has no blank pages. I actually do have 4 empty pages (but one sided). It was a lack of knowledge from my side (and the solicitor that handled my case), I thought one blank page means one side of the page blank and not back and front.
However; it was too late for me to withdraw the application and i went ahead with the submission any way.
based on your experience in this this regard, do you think i have chance? (of course if other requirements were met) or will I be denied the visa based this on issue?
anyone's response will be highly appreciated. and so sorry if i have diverted the discussion to another matter.

thanks

They will never deny you a visa on that ground because I have had similar experience and they requested I come in person to the British embassy in VI with my new passport. If you qualify for a visa they would request you provide a new passport with sufficient pages.

My advise go and start processing a new passport asap.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by frankloloko: 7:30am On Oct 24, 2015
justwise , frontpagelawyer , please my dad wants to travel to UK . he has being using a business name to do business but recently he got a limited liability company cert , its just one month can he use it for visa application ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by a4avoke: 7:45am On Oct 24, 2015
@justwise

I have studied in the UK before, now I want to attend my brother's graduation. In filling the form, should my visa type be tourism or family?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by veecee29: 9:54am On Oct 24, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

I hear people say when they got to UK,they were able to cancel their hotel reservation and book another hotel or possibly stay with a friend.Please how do they do this?I was thinking that once u pay for the hotel,the money is non-refundable.Or can one reserve hotel without actually paying for it?
Your constructive contributions will be very much appreciated.Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:04am On Oct 24, 2015
frankloloko:
justwise , frontpagelawyer , please my dad wants to travel to UK . he has being using a business name to do business but recently he got a limited liability company cert , its just one month can he use it for visa application ?

Business trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:05am On Oct 24, 2015
a4avoke:
@justwise

I have studied in the UK before, now I want to attend my brother's graduation. In filling the form, should my visa type be tourism or family?

Standard visitor's visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funlover1(m): 11:31am On Oct 24, 2015
veecee29:

I hear people say when they got to UK,they were able to cancel their hotel reservation and book another hotel or possibly stay with a friend.Please how do they do this?I was thinking that once u pay for the hotel,the money is non-refundable.Or can one reserve hotel without actually paying for it?

Someone should please answer this question
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by frankloloko: 11:41am On Oct 24, 2015
@ justwise. Yes sir it's for a business trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:50am On Oct 24, 2015
frankloloko:
@ justwise. Yes sir it's for a business trip.

Yes he can
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:52am On Oct 24, 2015
funlover1:

Someone should please answer this question

Depending on a hotel cancellation and refund policy. Some allow only full payment for the duration of your stay which you cannot cancel while some are reserved using your credit card details, but you are charged the first night if you do not show up or cancel the booking.

This always is not a good practice as most hotels are aware some visa applicant only use them for visa purposes and later cancel the booking once visa is approved.

With this new trend, I believe sooner or later, hotels will be demanding for full payment during booking.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:00pm On Oct 24, 2015
veecee29:

Before you make hotel reservation or book and pay for the hotel read carefully the booking policy because with some hotels if you cancel after 72 hours you will not get the money back or they charge you admin fees.

Some do allow reservation without payment you only pay when checking in

However... There are risks involve in all that...e.g staying with a friend that you never mentioned in your visa application and cancelling a booking before leaving Nigeria are likely to get you in deep bs.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by frankloloko: 12:09pm On Oct 24, 2015
Ok sir. Does he need to add his forma business name? (enterprise) or just use only the limited liability certificate that is just one month old? Secondly please sir can you give me the list of doc he needs to add. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:14pm On Oct 24, 2015
frankloloko:
Ok sir. Does he need to add his forma business name? (enterprise) or just use only the limited liability certificate that is just one month old? Secondly please sir can you give me the list of doc he needs to add. Thank you

There is no need adding old name that he doesn't use anymore.

As per list of documents you just have to read later part of part2 and this one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.