Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,646 members, 7,851,176 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:38 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1545368 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sholz200: 5:57am On May 24, 2016
Goodmorning everyone thanks for the Good job on here please I need to apply for a tourist visa but my boss where I work is sponsoring me on a work holiday for 7 days and I will be applying for a tourist visa cos I know no one in the uk ,please what documents do I need I dnt have money in my bank statement therefore I wnt be using my bank statement I will be using my bosses own please can someone advice me on what documents to use exactly for this application thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:23am On May 24, 2016
Sholz200:
Goodmorning everyone thanks for the Good job on here please I need to apply for a tourist visa but my boss where I work is sponsoring me on a work holiday for 7 days and I will be applying for a tourist visa cos I know no one in the uk ,please what documents do I need I dnt have money in my bank statement therefore I wnt be using my bank statement I will be using my bosses own please can someone advice me on what documents to use exactly for this application thanks a lot
you don't have to know somebody in any country before you visit that country. My first US visa was approved in 2004 on a virgin passport and I told the VO I didn't know anybody in America when he asked me but I presented a booked hotel accommodation which indicated my duration of stay. Same with UK and other countries I had stamped my feet on. If your bank statement is the same, into which your salary account is being paid, please present it. It's part of mandatory documents . This is a proof that you're an employee in that company, even though it reads NIL balance. The said account MUST contain traceable monthly salary you claim you earn on the application form you're going to fill...they MUST correlate. If you have personal income tax credits(receipts) please include it. In addition to the normal letter of introduction you address to ECO ,tell your boss to prepare a BOARD RESOLUTION and indicate in it that you're going for a vacation and you'll return upon your holiday. Additionally, he should state in the board resolution that an xyz amount will be made available, (apart from your flight tickets) as your PTA during your stay once the visa is approved. 2000GBP should be enough for a 7-day vacation. Also state that the amount doesn't have to be fully spent by you and every receipt of your miscellaneous expenses must be presented upon your return for reconciliation to the accountant. Book a hotel with the cheapest rate. (Go to booking.com). As an employee, tell your boss to prepare a BOND which will indicate that you're under an employment with that company and are not meant to leave in the next xyz years, stating the legal implications in case you leave(please Google a sample of a bond for a guide). At the end of the Bond, ensure a company seal is engraved on it, same with the board resolution, which at least 2 shareholders will sign. Please note...the board resolution should be addressed to the ECO while the bond will be addressed to you by your boss. The ECO wants to be satisfied that your ties to your country is very strong and without doubts(marriage certificates, kids birth certificates, your tenancy agreement with your landlord, copies of bank tellers of the rents paid each year, if available...etc would help). Visit the uk embassy website for more required documents.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:22am On May 24, 2016
shaybebaby:

Yeah, you do get better deals when you book flights in advance. My sis is coming in July as well and thinking of flying Emirates, stop over in Dubai but she reckons it is still cheaper than the direct flights.

Do keep me updated, can plan a night out on the tiles after doing some pub crawling. grin grin

Now that would be cool grin cool... although the stories I've been reading here have been quite scary o. They actually deny tourist visa to people despite having the required documents?? Crazy.

I'll keep you updated dear.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by phardey: 9:04am On May 24, 2016
This is the time she used the business in her application. Business name was registered in Dec 2012. She hasnt travelled to the UK for about 6 years.

She was a frequent traveler to the UK between 2004 and 2010. She and my dad used to apply together.

justwise:

1.Did she include the same business document during her first application or was this the first that business is been used for visa application ?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by phardey: 9:14am On May 24, 2016
Thank so much for this info.
She already did an affidavit and it was in the Ikeja high court with the pink sticker.
The ECO did say she verified with CAC but who knows who is lieing. Any Government in Nigeria is just wrong. I spend about N40,000 to get a letter from CAC stating The business was indeed registered in her name. The official price for this is N10,000 but God knows. I will fight till the ban is removed because she didn't misrepresent herself.

Poor woman is just weak and tired and said she wishes she isnt going through all this stress.

imperialebony:
Sorry for the ECO's libellous act on your mum's visa application. A few days ago when I was advising a nairalander in this forum not to panic because of the mistake made on a visa application form, and I digressed a bit, that I was once emailed by ECO during one of my visa applications in the past, asking why our TCC carried a different/new logo, instead of the former one with the Nigerian coat of arms, some members here who read the post must have thought it was a cooked-up story. Now, your mum's Cert of Reg issue will clear such doubts. These people are needlessly meticulous. They pay attention to every detailed info you bring to their fore. Maybe the format of the cert of Inc has also been changed by CAC and the ECO didn't bother to verify. He/she might have stated it in the refusal letter that she actually verified the cert of Inc with CAC ,just to make her think he/she carried out an in-depth assessment on your mum's application...I guessed the ECO took a decision in a hurry after noticing a change in the cert of Inc's format or logo. Our govt agencies too no dey try. CAC had changed their logos and certificate design/format several times without notifying the general public(mine issued in 2010 was also different from the previous ones I'd seen). They ought to be notifying embassies of every little change on the certificates they issue to the public, to avoid undue punishment in the name of applying for a visa (after paying so much fee, which is non-refundable). Viewing it from another perspective, the ECO could have verified as claimed but the lawyer gave the job to a third party in the process, who now did 'genje' and gave it to your mum. If your mum has a compelling evidence, she could still get her visa after reapplying. Those aforementioned documents would help and even more, as they're inexhaustible(just to fight this case) . Please before she reapplies, tell her to do an affidavit in a court like high court, listing all the docs and stating that all of them are true and genuine. you can even do this yourself, without engaging any lawyer. Go to Ikeja on her behalf with those documents. Meet the people who are adept in processing affidavits. the moment you cross under the bridge towards Ikeja general hospital, you'd have seen them on both sides whispering to you and asking if you want to do affidavit. Pls tell the person that you don't want an ordinary red seal affidavit(which anybody can get by the road side). Tell the person that, what you what is the stamped-logo which is usually in pink ink(and not a red sticker). They will charge you for this though, because they charge per stamp, but negotiable. The stamp will almost litter the affidavit as it will be stamped many times but it's ok(insist you want it that way). With this and other accompanying documents, the 10-year ban could be reversed and she could be issued her visa, if truly those documents are hers and genuine. Also tell her to present the case to baba God.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:09am On May 24, 2016
phardey:
This is the time she used the business in her application. Business name was registered in Dec 2012. She hasnt travelled to the UK for about 6 years.

She was a frequent traveler to the UK between 2004 and 2010. She and my dad used to apply together.

Ok, you can write the embassy with the document but make sure that the document is genuine since the embassy contact the same organization and was told that your mum is not the business owner. Is the case of proving that she owns the business if that is the only reason for refusal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:12am On May 24, 2016
Sholz200:

I will be surprised if you are given a visa because your tie to Nigeria is very weak and its hard to justify why your boss will be sponsoring you for holiday to the UK.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 10:27am On May 24, 2016
masonkz:

Now that would be cool grin cool... although the stories I've been reading here have been quite scary o. They actually deny tourist visa to people despite having the required documents?? Crazy.
I'll keep you updated dear.

Stop that! shocked
I dear you apply genuinely with all necessary and needful docs, you will come back here and thank everyone before you proceed and meet with your darling in the UK grin wink

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:42am On May 24, 2016
justwise:

I will be surprised if you are given a visa because your tie to Nigeria is very weak and its hard to justify why your boss will be sponsoring you for holiday to the UK.
Very true! @ justwise. I perceived that to. That's why I also tried to explain to him in details so he doesn't waste his time and money. Strong ties are very key!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by phardey: 11:22am On May 24, 2016
The CAC Business name is trully hers.
We got a CAC letter to confirm this. I don't just understand Nigeria.
Its bad. Now, I had to pay extra for Ikeja TLS because there are no appointments in VI till 6th of June.

I pray it ends in praise. It made me very sad. i've spend around £500 on a 6 months visit visa!

its sad.

askari01:
[/b]

The bold statement is very important. The lawyer may not even know if the business registration is genuine. Go and do more verifications all by urself.
1. Check if the names with the CAC correlate with her travel docs

2. Write a very strong letter, with a genuine affidavit and with God it will end in praise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by phardey: 11:49am On May 24, 2016
Are you saying she shouldn't reapply.

Because I just applied and submitted now. She's meant to go for her appointment on thursday in Ikeja
I'm not sure the ECO contacted them. Government workers in Nigeria are known for their Laziness.

justwise:

Ok, you can write the embassy with the document but make sure that the document is genuine since the embassy contact the same organization and was told that your mum is not the business owner. Is the case of proving that she owns the business if that is the only reason for refusal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mamaileri: 3:04pm On May 24, 2016
Hello everyone, I submitted my visit visa since 12th of May and am yet to get any response from them, I submitted in Ikeja office because i was told they take decision faster here, please has anyone else had this issue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 24, 2016
mamaileri:
Hello everyone, I submitted my visit visa since 12th of May and am yet to get any response from them, I submitted in Ikeja office because i was told they take decision faster here, please has anyone else had this issue.
Actually, it takes them between 3 and 15 working days to conclude their assessment of an application (depending on your case and documents submitted alongside your application). By my calculation, today makes it the 9th day since your application was submitted. It's still in order.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mamaileri: 4:43pm On May 24, 2016
imperialebony:
Actually, it takes them between 3 and 15 working days to conclude their assessment of an application (depending on your case and documents submitted alongside your application). By my calculation, today makes it the 9th day since your application was submitted. It's still in order.

thanks for the response @imperialebony, am just a bit worried cos i know about four people that submitted in ikeja and it took like just a week. Is it possible they forgot to mail me? Can i just go to their TLS office to check without receiving a notification.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Question1: 7:30pm On May 24, 2016
justwise:

Please help me!!

I just received a refusal letter today for short term student visitor visa(6 month). i actually applied for summer school @ King's College London to study Ancient Greek Language(Coz its Cheaper)

To start with, I am a level 300 Student studying Economics with computing.

The ECO start reasons for my refusal;

1; You have stated you are a non working student at Regent University. I NOTED THAT U HAVE SUBMITTED EVIDENCE OF YOUR STUDIES AND A LETTER FROM YOUR UNIVERSITY STATING THAT YOU ARE A 300 LEVEL STUDENT ON THEIR BSC DEGREE ECONOMICS; I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT THE DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED DEMONSTRATE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOUR CHOSEN COURSE IN ANCIENT GREEK LANGUAGE AND YOUR CURRENT COURSE IN ECONOMICS.

2. YOU HAVE ALSO STATED THAT YOUR TRIP WILL BE SPONSORED BY YOUR LEGAL GUARDIANS WHO HAVE BEEEN TAKING CARE OF YOU. YOU HAVE SUBMITTED A LETTER OF SUPPORT FROM *HUSBAND&WIFE(MY GUARDIAN) WITH A BANK STATEMENT IN THEIR NAME. I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT THE DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED ADEQUATELY DEMONSTRATED THAT THEY HAVE ANY LEGAL GUARDIANSHIP OVER YOU, NOR DO THEY DEMONSTRATE THE ORIGIN OF THE FUNDS IN THEIR ACCOUNT. I AM THEREFORE NOT SATISTFIED THEY THEY ARE FOR YOUR EXCLUSIVE USE OR THAT YOU HAVE ADEQUATELY DEMONSTRATED YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES. I AM THEREFORE NOT SATISFIED THAT YOU MEET PARAGRAPH A57C(b) of the migration rules.

FUTURE APPLICATION

Any future UK ViSa applications you make will be considered on their individual merits, however you are likely to be refused unless the circumstance of your application change.

Please advice me on what document to provide, I want to re-apply for the VISA next week because the summer school starts June 27.

Please what is the chance of my next week application ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monspubis: 7:30pm On May 24, 2016
mamaileri:

thanks for the response @imperialebony, am just a bit worried cos i know about four people that submitted in ikeja and it took like just a week. Is it possible they forgot to mail me? Can i just go to their TLS office to check without receiving a notification.
They may have done priority or something
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Question1: 7:37pm On May 24, 2016
imperialebony:

justwise:

Please help me!!

I just received a refusal letter today for short term student visitor visa(6 month). i actually applied for summer school @ King's College London to study Ancient Greek Language(Coz its Cheaper)

1; You have stated you are a non working student at Regent University. I NOTED THAT U HAVE SUBMITTED EVIDENCE OF YOUR STUDIES AND A LETTER FROM YOUR UNIVERSITY STATING THAT YOU ARE A 300 LEVEL STUDENT ON THEIR BSC DEGREE ECONOMICS; I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT THE DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED DEMONSTRATE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOUR CHOSEN COURSE IN ANCIENT GREEK LANGUAGE AND YOUR CURRENT COURSE IN ECONOMICS.

2. YOU HAVE ALSO STATED THAT YOUR TRIP WILL BE SPONSORED BY YOUR LEGAL GUARDIANS WHO HAVE BEEEN TAKING CARE OF YOU. YOU HAVE SUBMITTED A LETTER OF SUPPORT FROM *HUSBAND&WIFE(MY GUARDIAN) WITH A BANK STATEMENT IN THEIR NAME. I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT THE DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED ADEQUATELY DEMONSTRATED THAT THEY HAVE ANY LEGAL GUARDIANSHIP OVER YOU, NOR DO THEY DEMONSTRATE THE ORIGIN OF THE FUNDS IN THEIR ACCOUNT. I AM THEREFORE NOT SATISTFIED THEY THEY ARE FOR YOUR EXCLUSIVE USE OR THAT YOU HAVE ADEQUATELY DEMONSTRATED YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES. I AM THEREFORE NOT SATISFIED THAT YOU MEET PARAGRAPH A57C(b) of the migration rules.

FUTURE APPLICATION

Any future UK ViSa applications you make will be considered on their individual merits, however you are likely to be refused unless the circumstance of your application change.

Please advice me on what document to provide, I want to re-apply for the VISA next week because the summer school starts June 27.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:39pm On May 24, 2016
phardey:
Are you saying she shouldn't reapply.

Because I just applied and submitted now. She's meant to go for her appointment on thursday in Ikeja
I'm not sure the ECO contacted them. Government workers in Nigeria are known for their Laziness.

I'm not saying you should not reapply but you need to be absolutely sure that the document your lawyer CAC is genuine.

If at all the embassy contacted them concerning the business then they must have had a reasonable doubt about it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Question1: 7:40pm On May 24, 2016
justwise:

Please help me!!

FUTURE APPLICATION

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 24, 2016
mamaileri:

Do not fret, they will email you once they're done with your application. You can only resort to going to TLS if you have not heard from them ( TLS) 48 hours after the British Embassy had first sent you their generic email...that a decision has been made on your visa application. Like I also mentioned earlier, applicants' cases are not the same. There are also different ECOs assigned to different applicants. Just relax and be positive,ok?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 7:47pm On May 24, 2016
Question1:

Please help me!!

Well first off to be honest!

No one will understand why a Nigerian would want to spend money to study ancient Greek!
It looks just like a back door to get a visa to work illegally.

Then there is no reason for the people to sponsor you, no family relationship.
Also the bank statements were weak and did not show source of funds.

Re-applying without making MAJOR changes to these details is just a waste of money.
Also you look desperate for the visa which in itself is a BIG red flag.

You are making many mistakes.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:52pm On May 24, 2016
Question1:

Please help me!!

FUTURE APPLICATION

Na waoo for you ooo.... You are currently studying economics and computing and you are applying to study Ancient Greek in London? How do they relate?

You are using a sponsor as your legal guardian without legal paper to prove that?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Question1: 7:58pm On May 24, 2016
justwise:

Na waoo for you ooo.... You are currently studying economics and computing and you are applying to study Ancient Greek in London? How do they relate?

You are using a sponsor as your legal guardian without legal paper to prove that?

Boss, I was actually made to understand that when you're going for summer school u could actually study a course different from the normal course u av been doing...However I have contacted KINGS COLLEGE LONDON, and they immediately changed my course to international business and issued me a VISA SUPPORT LETTER.

secondly, my guardians are my sponsors, they've been paying for my fees too...

please the summer school starts june 27 and have paid tuition fee of 1590pound
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Question1: 8:02pm On May 24, 2016
worry359:

No one will understand why a Nigerian would want to spend money to study ancient Greek!

Re-applying without making MAJOR changes to these details is just a waste of money.

I was actually made to understand that when you're going for summer school u could actually study a course different from the normal course u av been doing...However I have contacted KINGS COLLEGE LONDON, and they immediately changed my course to international business and issued me a VISA SUPPORT LETTER.

please the summer school starts june 27 and have paid tuition fee of 1590pound....

What futher document should I provideAssist me pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NaGodwin: 8:10pm On May 24, 2016
Lol, I can't stop laughing, my guy never even finish him degree program, he dey rush go study ancient Greek language, dis weed wen him smoke na direct from kalakuta republic. I hail am

Oga Worry359, I salute u oh, d guy needs ur help oh, Oya guide am on how to reapply, maybe Economics originated from Ancient Greek, u never can tell

worry359:

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Question1: 8:29pm On May 24, 2016
justwise:

These are the list of doc i submitted:

1. Visa letter from Kings College
2 . Visa introductory letter from my school REGENT UNIVERSITY Ghana, stating that am their student
3. Letter from my Guardian, confirming that they are my guardian and assuring them that i would return after my study including their bank statement. unfortunatly we dont bear the same surnname

4. 1 yearResident permit
5.Transcript
6. ID card
7. School fee receipt from level 100 to 300

Please how else do I prove their legal guardianship. I have change my course to INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS which is more related to ECONOMICS dat am studying..

Help me ..God will help U
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Question1: 8:30pm On May 24, 2016
justwise:

2 . Visa introductory letter from my school REGENT UNIVERSITY Ghana, stating that am their student
3. Letter from my Guardian, confirming that they are my guardian and assuring them that i would return after my study including their bank statement. unfortunatly we dont bear the same surnname

4. 1 yearResident permit
5.Transcript
6. ID card

Please how else do I prove their legal guardianship. I have change my course to INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS which is more related to ECONOMICS dat am studying..

Help me ..God will help U .

the 3 weeks summer starts 27 june to 15 july
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 24, 2016
Question1:

These are the list of doc i submitted:y

Don't waste your time and money dear. If you reapply now with a different course they would see you as desperate and red flag you. Contact the school for a refund on tuition fees.

Maybe wait and in your final year you can apply to go for a simple holiday.

My 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fizzile(m): 9:05pm On May 24, 2016
Hahahahaha... who no like better thing? The niggar wants to visit Cameronland...dis one no be obamaland. He wants to meet the man that said we are fantastically corrupt
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 9:10pm On May 24, 2016
Question1:

4. 1 yearResident permit
5.Transcript
6. ID card

Sorry but you just do not understand! angry
Changing your course like that just makes you look desperate to travel.
The VO will look at this and consider you a potential over stayer looking to work.
You need to forget this for a while now unless you have money to throw away.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:28pm On May 24, 2016
Question1:

4. 1 yearResident permit
5.Transcript
6. ID card

The whole thing does not add up, you are still a student but you want to travel to London for a summer course which is even lower than the level you are studying now?

I'm not going to discourage but if i were you i will take a step back and think this through carefully before reapplying.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 24, 2016
Question1:

Boss, I was actually made to understand that when you're going for summer school u could actually study a course different from the normal course u av been doing...However I have contacted KINGS COLLEGE LONDON, and they immediately changed my course to international business and issued me a VISA SUPPORT LETTER.

please the summer school starts june 27 and have paid tuition fee of 1590pound
I did not respond to your earlier post because Justwise had said it all. Now that you have changed your course of study to International Business , in my opinion it's much better than the Greek stuff(LOL). The problem I have on this is the timing. June starts next week and the embassy could be busier from next week( info from a reliable source today). You may just mail your school to postpone the course, since you have already paid. This will also give you enough time to prepare for your next application with a considerable amount on your guardian's account to boost your chance. Anytime you wish to reapply, your guardians would need to produce legal documents to prove they're your legal guardians...pls seek a lawyer's advice on this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.