Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1535290 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abeylevels(m): 11:13am On Jun 19, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

It doesn't matter how many times you've been refused in the past; ensure you disclose all previous refusals whether it's the US or Schengen States. Visa applications are adjudicated based on individual's merits and your new application will be looked at differently and decision will be made on its merit.

The pattern and consistency of in-flow and out-flow of funds recorded in your bank statements is one of the most credible evidences that the UK embassy/consulate rely on to justify giving you a visa or denying you. So, if there are sudden surge of funds in your account, that is not consistent with your average earnings, then you need to explain it to the ECO with paper evidence which you can easily obtain from your company.

Failure to provide a believable explanation will discredit your perceived economic status and this will most likely earn you a refusal, therefore I will advise you to also asterisk especially your monthly salaries and allowance as appeared on your bank statements with remarks i:e ( June salary, overhead cost, allowance).

But like I said, you are qualified for a UK business visa in my own opinion.

Good luck.

@FrontpageLawyer. Thanks. God bless you for us. On behalf of my fellow nairalanders i say thank you for your contributions. It takes a lot of effort to answer numerous questions from newbies like us. Well done
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by frankloloko: 4:09pm On Jun 19, 2016
hello frontpagelawyer, justwise .please i have a problem . my company was registered(LTD) in december and its 6 month already i want to apply . but my problem is this , i have not opened account with my company certificate but i have a healthy saving account .getting my tax certificate isnt a problem because i have a friend who works with FIRS. can i apply sir ?

note : was rejected last year
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NaGodwin: 5:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
Stop being proud, don't start assuming in your little head dat u re richer than d guy complaining.

worry359:

You want to eat a meal You pay mama put.
You want to travel to good country You pay their rate for visa.

You want cheap visa go to Syria or Libya. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:56am On Jun 20, 2016
frankloloko:
hello frontpagelawyer, justwise .please i have a problem . my company was registered(LTD) in december and its 6 month already i want to apply . but my problem is this , i have not opened account with my company certificate but i have a healthy saving account .getting my tax certificate isnt a problem because i have a friend who works with FIRS. can i apply sir ?

Purpose of travel and why were you refused last year?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:58am On Jun 20, 2016
BarrEgo:
Hello all - with special shoutouts to Justwise and FrontpageLawyer. I need help abeg. My mum and 10 year old son will be applying for visitor visa this week. They plan on visiting in July, but they won't be staying with me (I'm on tier iv visa). I have motel/hotel reservations for them in three cities across the UK for the two weeks they will stay. My mum will sponsor the trip. Current budget is £2,500 for the two of them. My mom has a letter from me granting her temporary custody of my son - I'm a single mom. She has N5m balance in one of her accounts - busy over the last six months with credits (also debits) from sale of my late father's land, sale of her two buses, payments from clients (she has biz name registration for a catering outfit she runs) and her pension as a civil service retiree (N70,000 monthly) - she retired in 2012. What docs do we need to show proof of funds, please? Also, how do we get tax clearance for the biz? Forgive the ignorance in the last sentence; company law was never my forte. grin

Bank statement is one of them. Yes get tax clearance and business registration papers if the business is registered.

Your picture with your kid, his birth certificate, proof of accommodation for them in the UK, a copy of your student ID, data page of your passport, letter of consent(if his daddy is involved in his life then he needs to sign the letter as well)...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:00am On Jun 20, 2016
frankloloko:

Profit made within 6months of business operation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by frankloloko: 9:20am On Jun 20, 2016
@ frontpagelawyer I was rejected last year that I can't return home after my stay . Because of the mistake from my flight reservation . So this year I don't want to add flight reservation . My friend did it and he got his visa . What do you think sir ? Purpose of trAvel : tourism. Thanks for your assistance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by frankloloko: 9:25am On Jun 20, 2016
@justwise . I have being doing the business before the registration sir . Yes I have made little profit but I have not paid any tax I will pay today . But I didn't use my certificate to open an account . I want to do everything this week sir .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2016
worry359:
If it's too much
Then stay at home! shocked
You do not have to travel so no point complaining about the cost.
Bros no vex I know I have said something wrong and I hope God will forgive me for committing a grievous sin... I'm very sorry for you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BizErikah: 3:49pm On Jun 20, 2016
Pls my people
I submitted for a short stay 6 months uk visa on friday 17/6/2016 just for me to get over the weekend that my hotel booking has been cancelled due to card declined
I called my bank n they said they stopped allowing international transactions a week ago
Now I used my diamond bank card n d hotel sent me a new hotel booking
I just mailed d uk visas n immigration requesting to resubmit a new booking code that was sent to me
I also gave typed the reason .
Now I hope they will respond to me N not find it shady
This is my second application d 1st was refused.
N I've us visa.n have a recently expired schenghen n Chinese visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by harry41: 4:17pm On Jun 20, 2016
missmalachi:
Good morning all......in d spirirt of giving back,i got my uk visa this morning. I paid for courier service n d red staff guy just came to deliver it now.

Thanks to everyone who ans my question when i posted n to those i was silently reading der questions n contribution.
From application to biometrics n visa took me 3wks.

Hello, pls how long did it take the courier service to deliver ur passport and do I expect a msg from tls? Someone got a mail that a decision has been made on his app on thurs but we haven't hrd anything since then. Pls reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by missmalachi: 8:44pm On Jun 20, 2016
harry41:

Hello, pls how long did it take the courier service to deliver ur passport and do I expect a msg from tls? Someone got a mail that a decision has been made on his app on thurs but we haven't hrd anything since then. Pls reply
I got a mail on Wednesday dat decision has been made on my application and d courier delivered my visa on friday morning.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fizzile(m): 9:47pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hey guys, please i need an indepth explanation regarding this 28days for funds to be in your account. Let me start this way:
I had my tuition and maintenance fee in my account two months back and i made part payment of my tuition 3weeks ago but was debitted last week precisely on the 17th of this month. The balance of my tuition and my maintenance fee is still in the account. Please do i still need to leave the balance for a minimum of 28days despite having the entire money for upto 2months?
cc: OlowoB, justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by harry41: 9:54pm On Jun 20, 2016
missmalachi:

I got a mail on Wednesday dat decision has been made on my application and d courier delivered my visa on friday morning.
Thanks for replying. He got a msg from the embassy that a decision has bn made on thurs n TLS sent theirs today maybe 2moro n next sha.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by missmalachi: 10:01pm On Jun 20, 2016
harry41:

Thanks for replying. He got a msg from the embassy that a decision has bn made on thurs n TLS sent theirs today maybe 2moro n next sha.
Worry not he will get it within the 48hrs they wrote in the mail they sent.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ayonline: 11:39am On Jun 21, 2016
Hi,

need your help input in applying for UK army

1. army has allowed application online from Nigeria

2. my dad will be my financial sponsor (he has traveled to UK multiple time before his retirement as civil servant) , but the army require to have 500 pound per month for feeding and accommodation

3. am 30 and will like to reduce my age by 2 (before i do my int'l passport) cos the online application takes more than 6 months before the army gives invite reply

how well can arrange my docs when i get invite from the army to i apply for visa

cc justwise, FrontPageLawyer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mzjennypher(f): 12:07pm On Jun 21, 2016
Hello house, pls for uk application i do not understand what they mean by "what is the cost of the trip to you.' and another question is what is the total cost of the trip which i understand. pls assist. thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 12:12pm On Jun 21, 2016
ayonline:
Hi,

need your help input in applying for UK army

3. am 30 and will like to reduce my age by 2 (before i do my int'l passport) cos the online application takes more than 6 months before the army gives invite reply

how well can arrange my docs when i get invite from the army to i apply for visa

cc justwise, FrontPageLawyer

Do you think that the British Army are stupid enough to fall for your lies and tricks?
They will have some of the finest doctors there to assess you, this is not like joining the Nigerian army!
At 30 do you think that you can compete with the fitness of 19 and 20 year old recruits?

Within a couple of weeks at most you will be out and on the next plane home, money wasted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Pappee: 1:54pm On Jun 21, 2016
I submitted my UK Visa application for business visit on 09/06/2016
The programme i am to attend is for 30/06/2016
A decision is yet to be reached on my application
Do you think I stand a chance of a response/and passport return before 30/06/2016
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by customised87: 1:55pm On Jun 21, 2016
mzjennypher:
Hello house, pls for uk application i do not understand what they mean by "what is the cost of the trip to you.' and another question is what is the total cost of the trip which i understand. pls assist. thank you.

If you are being fully sponsored by somebody, the cost of the trip to you will be 0(zero), but if you are your own sponsor, the cost of the trip to you will be your total budget(flight,accommodation,living expenses, shopping). If somebody is paying for ur flight and accommodation and the thing you will be paying for is ur shopping, the cost of the trip to you will be the amount you have fo your shopping.
So basically, the cot of the trip to you is any amount you personally have for the trip.

The total cost of the tip is the otal budget you have in mind for the trip

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by customised87: 1:57pm On Jun 21, 2016
Pappee:
I submitted my UK Visa application for business visit on 09/06/2016
The programme i am to attend is for 30/06/2016
A decision is yet to be reached on my application
Do you think I stand a chance of a response/and passport return before 30/06/2016
Thanks

Where did you submit? VI or Ikeja?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mzjennypher(f): 3:43pm On Jun 21, 2016
customised87:

If you are being fully sponsored by somebody, the cost of the trip to you will be 0(zero), but if you are your own sponsor, the cost of the trip to you will be your total budget(flight,accommodation,living expenses, shopping). If somebody is paying for ur flight and accommodation and the thing you will be paying for is ur shopping, the cost of the trip to you will be the amount you have fo your shopping.
So basically, the cot of the trip to you is any amount you personally have for the trip.

The total cost of the tip is the otal budget you have in mind for the trip

Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jugreency3: 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
Good day house. I will soon be going to embassy for student visa and i have 1.2 million in my account for more than a month now. My kind of work is a contract base work and i can get letter of appointment from company i have done contract for before now. And in the letter of employment, it was stated that i do get paid on commissions. Will that be enough for embassy.no slip or tax whatever. My tuition had been paid and my fees is less than 500k.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kelljuili(m): 5:51pm On Jun 21, 2016
Thank you very much @worry359 @tunderule2016 @justwise and everyone who contributed to my questions. I received a confirmation email after a phone interview yesterday, Picked up my passport today and my visa application was approved to God be the Glory.

tunderule2016:
As @worry359 said there will be some strong worries for rejection... But you can do the following... Get a sponsorship letter from ur dad and also indicating that he transferred the money for the purpose of your traveling .... for graduation. Also, he needs to print out is bank statement and you will also do the same... cos that transfer must be identified.
{ I do something personally whenever i want to make the work of ECO easir... I circle my salary becos my salary dont come on exact date but ranges from last week of every month. So you can circle the deposit in the bank statements with the date so the ECO attention is drawn (it is my own opinion u dont have to do it)}

Your dad sponsorship also needs to indicate he has sponsored you all through your education. On the form, Additional information box... Explain in there why your dad transferred the money to you in briefs... so u dont give them much of reason of refusal. Let them know your travel records also proves you have never furstrated the immigration rules and you intend to come back to nigeria. You should be fine... Good luck

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 6:35pm On Jun 21, 2016
Congrats.... you welcome... enjoy graduation!!! and go build a good travel record...

kelljuili:
Thank you very much @worry359 @tunderule2016 @justwise and everyone who contributed to my questions. I received a confirmation email after a phone interview yesterday, Picked up my passport today and my visa application was approved to God be the Glory.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wearnfit: 9:17pm On Jun 21, 2016
Hi everyone. Want to appreciate u all for your comments n advice, it was Rlly helpful to me during my application. Submitted on 26th of may for renewal, picked my passport stamped with visa today 21st of June ( v.i). Learnt from all your contributions. Thank u very much

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ziggy3579: 7:59am On Jun 22, 2016
Good morning everyone, my mum and dad wants to go to the UK on a visiting visa and a friend of my elder brother would be the one to send them the invite. My question now is
1. What documents wld my mum nd dad provide at d embassy (dad owns a registered business and he would be sponsoring the trip nd mum is a trader)
2. What documents wld the person writing the invite submit.
3. My parents wld b staying with the person writing the invite, Is there a need for my parents to book a hotel?
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by customised87: 8:39am On Jun 22, 2016
wearnfit:
Hi everyone. Want to appreciate u all for your comments n advice, it was Rlly helpful to me during my application. Submitted on 26th of may for renewal, picked my passport stamped with visa today 21st of June ( v.i). Learnt from all your contributions. Thank u very much

Congrats!
Thats such a long time though, kilode? Ahahn
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jugreency3: 10:36am On Jun 22, 2016
Good day house. I will soon be going to embassy for student visa and i have 1.2 million in my account for more than a month now. My kind of work is a contract base work and i can get letter of appointment from company i have done contract for before now. And in the letter of employment, it was stated that i do get paid on commissions. Will that be enough for embassy.no slip or tax whatever. My tuition had been paid and my fees is less than 500k.

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.