Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,876 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1534469 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:30am On Jun 08, 2017
lightdream:
Please I have appointment in few days.am currently on the download and print page where application details cannot be changed.i cant remember if i untick or not cos i was displace with the card payment issue before my cousin card went through.please is there anyway i could verify anywhere because am seeing premium lounge appointment must be paid for before you attend your appointment. You can do this on our visa
application centre partner's website at: https://www.gov.uk/find-a-visa-application-centre written on my document checklist.
please will i also register my details with the TLScontact after appointment for submission.

Thank you your reply will be appreciated

I suggest you contact TLS to change it, since you cannot do it again. You can do this on the TLS websites. Note you must register on the TLS websites using your GWF number to book appointment and pay for added value services such as priority.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by GodandVal: 10:46am On Jun 08, 2017
@Justwise and my able bodied people, please I need your advice on this.

I applied and had my U.K. Appointment/Biometrics on the 15th of May, 2017

The Sheffield UK received my application and it
was being considered for a decision on the 21st of May, 2017.

This is the 8th of June, 2017 and still waiting for another mail for collection and decision being made.

Also want to add, I think the 15 working days processing time starts from the day they receive the application not the actual appointment day.

Should I still hold on or go ahead and write to them? If I should write to them, please I need the contact details.

Thank you and would appreciate your help!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oluebbie: 10:59am On Jun 08, 2017
@ekpotek thanks for the response.
I am making the application online, can I make the two applications from same account or do I need to create a seperate account with another email to make the second application

ekpotek:

VI center as the crowd is small, but you need to pay to use the VI center. Ikeja center is non-paying fee center but getting appointment may be difficult.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 11:44am On Jun 08, 2017
Batba1:

Thank you!

Can we scan and send the documents like bank statements and letters from our side to her rather than having to send physically?

Huh...

You can't send any scanned anything, that's automatic refusal. You need to send physical hard copy documents like bank statements and letters, etc to the applicant to submit alongside other documents to the applicant's appointment. You can only send certified documents like the sponsor's passport. For the records, certified means making a copy of the original and getting a solicitor to sign on the copy saying the copy is genuine (or whatever wording they use)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tmoneyluvsu: 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2017
How do I show prove to the eco that am Abt to receive a monthly contribution, without been accused for lump sum of cash.
Also does the fact that I'm going to apply for UK visa, stop me from using my account for normal transaction, like receive up-to 200k and above.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:07pm On Jun 08, 2017
Oluebbie:
@ekpotek thanks for the response.
I am making the application online, can I make the two applications from same account or do I need to create a seperate account with another email to make the second application

This will depend on if you are using the old or the new system. In the old system you can use one account to create as many applications as you wish. On the new system you will need to create an account for each application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:11pm On Jun 08, 2017
tmoneyluvsu:
How do I show prove to the eco that am Abt to receive a monthly contribution, without been accused for lump sum of cash.
Also does the fact that I'm going to apply for UK visa, stop me from using my account for normal transaction, like receive up-to 200k and above.
Thanks

Point the fund lodgment to ECO in a cover letter. Yes you can continue to use you account. The ECO only take into consideration the account balance on the date you submitted your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adewotired: 12:16pm On Jun 08, 2017
Hello, I'm new here...

My mom made her visa application about a month ago. About three weeks ago, it was confirmed that her passport had gotten to Sheffield.

But she has not received any update since then. Is this normal? How many weeks does it take to get a decision and receive her visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
Batba1:

Thank you!

Can we scan and send the documents like bank statements and letters from our side to her rather than having to send physically?

Yes. You can scan and send the documents by email and ensure that the applicant print it out using a color laser printer on A4 paper. Documents are no longer retained by Home office as the TLS application centers are equipped with high speed scanning machine to scan all submitted documents directly to Home office. Only the applicant current passport will be collected. All documents to be submitted must be sized to A4 including photos. You do not need to certified your British passport or any passport since it's a e-passport which can be verified from any immigration office anyway in the world.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MiracleMum(f): 12:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
My passport will expire in December this year, can i apply for a tourist uk visa now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:28pm On Jun 08, 2017
adewotired:
Hello, I'm new here...

My mom made her visa application about a month ago. About three weeks ago, it was confirmed that her passport had gotten to Sheffield.

But she has not received any update since then. Is this normal? How many weeks does it take to get a decision and receive her visa?

Hi there is a general backlog of visit visa application pending for a decision. You just have to be patient or contact home office at their website to know the status of the application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:31pm On Jun 08, 2017
MiracleMum:
My passport will expire in December this year, can i apply for a tourist uk visa now?

No. Your passport will be least than six months validity required for a tourist visa. Get a new one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by GodandVal: 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2017
@Ekpotek please check my post, thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adewotired: 12:58pm On Jun 08, 2017
ekpotek:

Hi there is a general backlog of visit visa application pending for a decision. You just have to be patient or contact home office at their website to know the status of the application.

Okay, got that.. Thank you so much for that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2017
GodandVal:
@Ekpotek please check my post, thank you.

The 15 working days is only advisory. As much as the home office will try to reach a decision within 15 days. Sometimes due to nature of the application there may be some delays. The 15 working days actually start counting the day you submit your document at TLS. If you have not received the decision email after 15 days, then you need to contact home office at their website for visa query.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MiracleMum(f): 1:17pm On Jun 08, 2017
ekpotek:

No. Your passport will be least than six months validity required for a tourist visa. Get a new one.

Okay, thank you. I'm to apply alongside my husband and my infant daughter. He has an expired Schengen visa and has been to the UK, Spain, and Greece once. But recently he was denied a US visa with the reason that he's now married and shouldn't go on vacation alone. So now he wants us to go as a family, he earns above 400k while i earn above 200k (he is our sponsor). I and my daughter's passports are virgin, do you think we'd have a good shot at it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:05pm On Jun 08, 2017
MiracleMum:

Okay, thank you. I'm to apply alongside my husband and my infant daughter. He has an expired Schengen visa and has been to the UK, Spain, and Greece once. But recently he was denied a US visa with the reason that he's now married and shouldn't go on vacation alone. So now he wants us to go as a family, he earns above 400k while i earn above 200k (he is our sponsor). I and my daughter's passports are virgin, do you think we'd have a good shot at it.

Only the ECO can determine your chance. However since your husband have a good travel history and have been to the U.K. before, he stand a good chance of getting the visa in spite of the US visa denial. I will suggest that both of you contribute to trip and if it the visit is for vacation, do a list of places to visit, where to stay etc.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Batba1: 3:29pm On Jun 08, 2017
Brightingsus:

Huh...

You can't send any scanned anything, that's automatic refusal. You need to send physical hard copy documents like bank statements and letters, etc to the applicant to submit alongside other documents to the applicant's appointment. You can only send certified documents like the sponsor's passport. For the records, certified means making a copy of the original and getting a solicitor to sign on the copy saying the copy is genuine (or whatever wording they use)

Thank you for you time! noted!

As a matter of fact, those documents are in black and white like the payslips with stamp from HR, the bank statements printed from the bank, and the letters.

please if you have abit of time can you point me to what documents/cases where a scanned copy of bio page of passport has been an issue.

thank you sooo much for your time. i truly appreciate it!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Batba1: 3:34pm On Jun 08, 2017
ekpotek:

Yes. You can scan and send the documents by email and ensure that the applicant print it out using a color laser printer on A4 paper. Documents are no longer retained by Home office as the TLS application centers are equipped with high speed scanning machine to scan all submitted documents directly to Home office. Only the applicant current passport will be collected. All documents to be submitted must be sized to A4 including photos. You do not need to certified your British passport or any passport since it's a e-passport which can be verified from any immigration office anyway in the world.

Thank you soooo much Sir!

even the documents like payslips and bank statement printed from the bank are black and white. I also thought it shouldnt be an issue if the bio page of passport is scanned and printed coloured. i will make sure any coloured documents are printed coloured on A4 paper.

Mum is 63 years old retiree so i will get her to go print her statement from the bank showing pension from govt and monies from us. i will also get her to include as many docs on her name for properties and the rest.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME. IT MEANS ALOT TO ME!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dr9ce(m): 3:54pm On Jun 08, 2017
justwise:

Unfortunately you just have to wait to hear from them as your case has been escalated
Thanks @Travelland, justwise and Ekpotek. I got my passport with visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by faay(f): 4:09pm On Jun 08, 2017
Good day, please I am really confused and don't know what to do. I applied for UK 6months visa 23rd of May and received an email that the application was received the next day 24th because I paid for priority.. I was scheduled to travel on the 6th of June because the wedding is 10th of june (reason for the visa application) and since then I have not heard or receive any email... each time i track my application online it says decision not made yet... please what do I do? Can this affect my application since travel time has past.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MiracleMum(f): 4:17pm On Jun 08, 2017
ekpotek:

Only the ECO can determine your chance. However since your husband have a good travel history and have been to the U.K. before, he stand a good chance of getting the visa in spite of the US visa denial. I will suggest that both of you contribute to trip and if it the visit is for vacation, do a list of places to visit, where to stay etc.

Okay. Thank you kindly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:59pm On Jun 08, 2017
Dr9ce:

Congratulations!! Enjoy your trip. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tmoneyluvsu: 6:19pm On Jun 08, 2017
Good day my people
I heard UK center in Victoria island now charge extra fees, how much exactly is it?
And I plan to visit the UK for Xmas and New Year, when is the best time to apply, as I've seen a requirement that says not more than three months from the day you're planning to travel, thank for your helpful responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by faay(f): 7:18pm On Jun 08, 2017
Hello @Travelland, Ekpotek justwise, please I am really confused and don't know what to do. I applied for UK 6months visa on 23rd of May and received an email that the application was received the next day 24th because I paid for priority.. I was scheduled to travel on the 6th of June because the wedding is 10th of june (reason for the visa application) and since then I have not heard or receive any email... each time i track my application online it says decision not made yet... please what do I do? Can this affect my application since travel time has past.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by CaptainCanny: 10:32pm On Jun 08, 2017
faay:
Hello @Travelland, Ekpotek justwise, please I am really confused and don't know what to do. I applied for UK 6months visa on 23rd of May and received an email that the application was received the next day 24th because I paid for priority.. I was scheduled to travel on the 6th of June because the wedding is 10th of june (reason for the visa application) and since then I have not heard or receive any email... each time i track my application online it says decision not made yet... please what do I do? Can this affect my application since travel time has past.

You should contact the UK Visa customer service right away though you will be charged. You ought to have done this before the last day of May. It will not affect your application if you stated that besides the marriage, you also intend to have a holiday in the course of your visit. I also think you should visit the TLS Contact office where your application was lodge to ascertain by a long chance if your passport is ready for collection. Lately, there have been some issues with regards to transmission between the UK Visa Office and TLS Contact.

My wife and me submitted our application on the 10th of May, we picked up our passport today after 20 working days(After I contacted them twice via phone call and mail Thursday last week, I was informed a decision has been made despite there was no update on my TLS account.) We are grateful for my renewal and my wife's first visa. The visa stamp was dated 30th of May. Thus, we got back our passport after 9 days, it might have been longer if we neglected to spend the extra money to contact them. Good luck to all waiting for response and prospective applicants.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sandyzubby: 7:49am On Jun 09, 2017
Goodmorning all,am happy about this forum. Am applying for visitor visa ,6 months. This my list of documents I ve,
1) letter of offer
2)confirmation of an appointment
3)international passport
4)visa application introduction letter
5)current residential tenancy and rent receipt
6)central bank treasury bill
7)Bank statement and pay slip
coolhotel reservation
9)leave letter
10)iternary
11)photocopy of my previous visa
Pls guys is dier any other thing I didn't add.pls help me out

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:18am On Jun 09, 2017
Batba1:

Thank you for you time! noted!

As a matter of fact, those documents are in black and white like the payslips with stamp from HR, the bank statements printed from the bank, and the letters.

please if you have abit of time can you point me to what documents/cases where a scanned copy of bio page of passport has been an issue.

thank you sooo much for your time. i truly appreciate it!!!

Hello Batba,

@Ekpotek has shed more light on this as he's a guru on such alongside Justwise. It seems TLS now scans documents to UKVI as against sending them hard copies. I was responding to your initial query from my knowledge of spouse visas as my wife joined me in the UK last year.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by GodandVal: 9:07am On Jun 09, 2017
ekpotek:

The 15 working days is only advisory. As much as the home office will try to reach a decision within 15 days. Sometimes due to nature of the application there may be some delays. The 15 working days actually start counting the day you submit your document at TLS. If you have not received the decision email after 15 days, then you need to contact home office at their website for visa query.

I was told just yesterday by a friend that had the same problem. She went to the embassy to complain and actually found out that the visa was issued and a decision made a week ago but they didn't send any update or notifications so I would be going there today...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bdorg(m): 9:42am On Jun 09, 2017
GodandVal:

I was told just yesterday by a friend that had the same problem. She went to the embassy to complain and actually found out that the visa was issued and a decision made a week ago but they didn't send any update or notifications so I would be going there today...

Quite correct! same thing happened to me. I had to go to the consulate office in Victoria Island. Just be sure to go there with your collection slip from TLS.

I went there to make a complaint and was suprised when my passport and visa was given to me. I couldnt get the chance to ask or challenge the reason why my passport wasnt returned to the application center because there were so many people the officer had to attend to. Please if you are able to ask if the volume of people arent much, Kindly ask for some explanation if there is...or if it was just sheer human error.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelland(f): 10:47am On Jun 09, 2017
Dr9ce:

Congratulations!! on your well deserved visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelland(f): 10:49am On Jun 09, 2017
Sandyzubby:
Goodmorning all,am happy about this forum. Am applying for visitor visa ,6 months. This my list of documents I ve,
1) letter of offer
2)confirmation of an appointment
3)international passport
4)visa application introduction letter
5)current residential tenancy and rent receipt
6)central bank treasury bill
7)Bank statement and pay slip
coolhotel reservation
9)leave letter
10)iternary
11)photocopy of my previous visa
Pls guys is dier any other thing I didn't add.pls help me out

You are good to go. I wish you success
P. S: make sure any lodgement in your account is explained with supporting evidence

Make sure your hotel reservation is not cancelled by calling them to confirm

Ensure that you have enough money to cover all the expenses of your trip conveniently

Good luck

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.