Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,826 members, 7,824,442 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1532994 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:35am On Jun 13, 2017
dcutey:
Travelland is absolutely right, payment of tax shows that one is law abiding and will improve chances of getting a visa.

Nope payments of tax does not improve any chances of getting a visit visa. There are many tax payers who have violated their term of visa by overstaying. Are they law abiding? Only the ECO knows why an applicant is approved or refused. In 99% of visit visa applications approval is judged on the basis of the applicant to return back to his or her country. The ECO uses the documents you submitted and the purpose for your visit stated in your application form to evaluate your real intentions and make a decision. I have never submitted a tax clearance certificate since 2011 as my tax payment is evident on my pay slip. I currently hold a 5 year visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 13, 2017
How much will it cost me to get a student to UK?How much will it cost me to get a student to UK?How much will it cost me to get a student to UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 13, 2017
How much will it cost me to get a student to UK?
Urgent reply pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelland(f): 7:50am On Jun 13, 2017
ekpotek:

VFS is not UK immigration and cannot influence your application. I repeat the home office knows if you are paying tax from your pay slip. So submission of tax clearance is only required if this is not evidence on the pay slip you submitted. I rest my case.

Let's not argue about this, VFS is not the embassy but we were taught and know what the embassy requires because we were the ones who collect the documents from applicants, we worked with the checklist and when they are refused they come back to us to resubmit so you can't tell me we will not be in a good place to know what the embassy wants.

While working some of us employees had tax clearance cards, if one includes it, this helps in making his status as an employee more authentic in case they may be having doubts as payslips can be manipulated but they have a way of verifying the authenticity of a tax card

You've made your point and I've made mine, the OP can chose to pick which one he wants.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelland(f): 8:06am On Jun 13, 2017
dcutey:
Travelland is absolutely right, payment of tax shows that one is law abiding and will improve chances of getting a visa.

Exactly my point. What I was trying to do is to try and improve the applicant's chances by making him look like a law abiding Nigerian(which he js) who pays his taxes, we all know how these people rely on tax payments over there but it seems epkotek doesn't think so, I'm letting go here. OP, do as you please and good luck

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:26am On Jun 13, 2017
travelland:

Exactly my point. What I was trying to do is to try and improve the applicant's chances by making him look like a law abiding Nigerian(which he js) who pays his taxes, we all know how these people rely on tax payments over there but it seems epkotek doesn't think so, I'm letting go here. OP, do as you please and good luck

This is a free forum and everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. @travelland pls read my posts again. I never insinuated that people should not pay tax. My stand is submitting a tax clearance card is optional. Home office can verify from your pay slip that you're paying tax or not. However if you are self employer or claimed to be working without a pay slip, Then the onus is on you to provide evidence of tax payment. Like you said the OP can decide.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:41am On Jun 13, 2017
travelland:

Let's not argue about this, VFS is not the embassy but we were taught and know what the embassy requires because we were the ones who collect the documents from applicants, we worked with the checklist and when they are refused they come back to us to resubmit so you can't tell me we will not be in a good place to know what the embassy wants.

While working some of us employees had tax clearance cards, if one includes it, this helps in making his status as an employee more authentic in case they may be having doubts as payslips can be manipulated but they have a way of verifying the authenticity of a tax card

You've made your point and I've made mine, the OP can chose to pick which one he wants.

If people can manipulate a pay slip, what made you think that a tax clearance card cannot be forged. That is why the new visa system is not interested in seeing your physical documents anymore for a visit visa. The home office rely on scanned copies, since they now have the technology to verify your information.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adams741: 10:50am On Jun 13, 2017
Please guys I need your rresponse on this;
Im trying to write to UKVI about my application but it's saying,

The authorization has been declined by the Bank. pls try a different card.

Have tried this in multiple times still saying same thing.
pls wat should I do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:04am On Jun 13, 2017
adams741:
Please guys I need your rresponse on this;
Im trying to write to UKVI about my application but it's saying,

The authorization has been declined by the Bank. pls try a different card.

Have tried this in multiple times still saying same thing.
pls wat should I do?

Are you using a Naira card to pay? If so look for $/€/£ dorminated card to pay. Or ask someone with such a card to pay on your behalf.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:06am On Jun 13, 2017
ogba4james:
@justwise, Ekpotek and others, God bless your good work..

please I need your response on this.. I submitted my visa application on the 23rd of May and got an email on 12 of June (14working days) stating that :

"Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible."

Please my question is that, how many more days will I still need to wait more?

Does it mean I will wait for another 15 working days or 3weeks or month?

Please who as received such email before and how many days did the decision finally came out?

Hope they won't delay and hold my passport up till July ooh ?

I am kind of bothered Becos I have an appointment with the USA embassy on the 11th of July for my masters program and I will be needing my passport to get my Visa.

Thanks and God bless

Well you just need to wait and pray that you get your passport back before your appointment with the US embassy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Batba1: 11:11am On Jun 13, 2017
Good morning people. Please can you advise on which centre is best to submit for a 63 year old woman in Lagos. Pros and cons please

Also can anyone confirm they don't take physical copies of passport photos anymore ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adams741: 11:19am On Jun 13, 2017
ekpotek:

Are you using a Naira card to pay? If so look for $/€/£ dorminated card to pay. Or ask someone with such a card to pay on your behalf.

Thank you for your reply ekpotek.
But Im using gtb dollar account and still it's been declined by the Bank.

what do you think I should do now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:41am On Jun 13, 2017
adams741:

Thank you for your reply ekpotek.
But Im using gtb dollar account and still it's been declined by the Bank.

what do you think I should do now?

Contact your bank and request that your card be profile for international transactions. Or open a PayPal account and link your card to PayPal. You can also use Paga as suggested on this forum.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:42am On Jun 13, 2017
ogba4james:

Please, base on your experience, how many weeks can it take to come out?

Thanks

No idea. Just be hopeful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:44am On Jun 13, 2017
Batba1:
Good morning people. Please can you advise on which centre is best to submit for a 63 year old woman in Lagos. Pros and cons please

Also can anyone confirm they don't take physical copies of passport photos anymore ?

Submit at Ikeja if you do not want to pay extra charges.

Yes you do not need to go with passport photographs. You picture will be captured during biometric.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fluffie(f): 1:06pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hello house,
I have a query pls. My dad applied for a visit visa and biometric was captured on the 4th of may. We got an email saying application not straightforward on the 23rd.
I understand they call sponsors however we've been out of the country but been checking voicemail regularly and no msg from home office.
I'm a very worried reading upthread because we did not submit a bank statement or proof of landed property.
He has an acct but it's not well run, most money we send to him is via his wife, my mum's acct.
Note were sponsoring his trip fully and we wrote a strong covering letter and also addressed the reason he was denied his first application 4 years ago.
What are the chances of success in this instance.
Docs submitted
Our resident biometric card
Bank statement of around £5000
Utility bills
Sponsor letter
Grand children's birth certificates proofing they were born in the uk
Payslip.
Would appreciate your reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:21pm On Jun 13, 2017
dcutey:

Only when you are self employed, as an employee applying for visa you don't need to show any tax paper because your salary is taxed already and your payslip shows that anyway.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:27pm On Jun 13, 2017
travelland:

That is not true, your payslip shows all that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2017
fluffie:
Hello house,
I have a query pls. My dad applied for a visit visa and biometric was captured on the 4th of may. We got an email saying application not straightforward on the 23rd.
I understand they call sponsors however we've been out of the country but been checking voicemail regularly and no msg from home office.
I'm a very worried reading upthread because we did not submit a bank statement or proof of landed property.
He has an acct but it's not well run, most money we send to him is via his wife, my mum's acct.
Note were sponsoring his trip fully and we wrote a strong covering letter and also addressed the reason he was denied his first application 4 years ago.
What are the chances of success in this instance.
Docs submitted
Our resident biometric card
Bank statement of around £5000
Utility bills
Sponsor letter
Grand children's birth certificates proofing they were born in the uk
Payslip.
Would appreciate your reply

Home office is probably carrying out some necessary checks. You just have to wait to see the outcome of your dad application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2017
justwise:

Thanks @Justwise the OP should be bettter informed now with your clarifications on tax clearance certificate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Linc000: 3:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hello house well done for the good work.....
I was at the Water Carrington d Embassy but to my surprise the lady told me that it's not ready that I should continue waiting while the status that I check using d link provided here told me Decided since May 24..... funny enough UKVI just sent me a mail that d decision has been made that my passport will be retun within 10days......

My question is does 10days just started counting now or since 24th May cos I contacted UKVI inquiry on 7th June...........

Pls advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by uniquelady99: 3:27pm On Jun 13, 2017
Linc000:
Hello house well done for the good work.....
I was at the Water Carrington d Embassy but to my surprise the lady told me that it's not ready that I should continue waiting while the status that I check using d link provided here told me Decided since May 24..... funny enough UKVI just sent me a mail that d decision has been made that my passport will be retun within 10days......

My question is does 10days just started counting now or since 24th May cos I contacted UKVI inquiry on 7th June...........

Pls advice
hi ,your passport is ready, go to your contact centre tomoro and pick up your passport, since they have sent you a decision mail, in few hours from now you will recieve a collection mail. I got my decision mail today from them, 3 hours later I got collection mail, so I'm heading to TLS Ikeja tomoro to pick up my passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by uniquelady99: 3:31pm On Jun 13, 2017
anyone that intends to visit UK embassy at Walter carrigton street VI should endeavour to be there before 12, they stop attending to people once its 12pm.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by uniquelady99: 3:35pm On Jun 13, 2017
ogba4james:

please I need your response on this.. I submitted my visa application on the 23rd of May and got an email on 12 of June (14working days) stating that :

"Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible."

Please who as received such email before and how many days did the decision finally came out?

I am kind of bothered Becos I have an appointment with the USA embassy on the 11th of July for my masters program and I will be needing my passport to get my Visa.

Thanks and God bless
don't panic, hopefully you will get your passport back before the end of June, meanwhile still use the link provided in the previous pages to check your application status
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fluffie(f): 3:53pm On Jun 13, 2017
ekpotek:

Home office is probably carrying out some necessary checks. You just have to wait to see the outcome of your dad application.

Thanks for your response. I'll update when I get a response. I only wish i had read here prior to applying cos it seems we haven't proven he has strong ties to nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelland(f): 4:00pm On Jun 13, 2017
justwise:

What is not true, I'm saying I worked with VFS at Ajose Adeogun and Oregun Billings way, since 2007 March when the process commenced and some people even with payslips were refused for not submitting authentic tax clearance.

Do you know that I can get my company to print a made up payslips which isn't actually what I earn, but with a tax clearance the high commission has a way of verifying it? , you can continue giving your advice. I never quoted anyone and said what he or she said was wrong, so continue Sir, I'm loyal. I never meant to interfere, is just that when I see people come back with refusal I am touched but ride on, you guys rule here.

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Linc000: 4:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
ogba4james:

Thanks and God bless

Pls dont panic..... It happens to me too... I received not straight forward mail when my application was exactly 15days but I just leave them thinking when they ready they will send mail ....i waited and when I did not receive any mail either from UKVI or TLS I decided to mail the home inquiry office but no response after two days I now check d status thru a link provided here and discovered that d decision has been made a week after not straight forward mail.

Just keep calm after a week if nothing show contact UKVI inquiry office.....thoug I have not gotten my pali yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fluffie(f): 5:25pm On Jun 13, 2017
Linc000:

Pls dont panic..... It happens to me too... I received not straight forward mail when my application was exactly 15days but I just leave them thinking when they ready they will send mail ....i waited and when I did not receive any mail either from UKVI or TLS I decided to mail the home inquiry office but no response after two days I now check d status thru a link provided here and discovered that d decision has been made a week after not straight forward mail.

Just keep calm after a week if nothing show contact UKVI inquiry office.....thoug I have not gotten my pali yet

You're very right. I posted today about my dad's application earlier, same not straightforward mail after 15 days only to check the link now and application decided 31st of may. They just emailed me after I checked d link to come pick up his passport.
So decision had been made 13 days ago and they didn't update the link.
Oh well, I'll let you know tomorrow guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.