Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1532088 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 2:12pm On Jul 28, 2017
McGibson:

my family in UK wants to do that now. I need the number to get them in UK

I only know the number to call if you are outside the uk, which is +442034811736
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 28, 2017
xto4:
Good morning Advisory, my leave is ending today and have not yet from tls concerning decision made although their website said decided updated 25th July, that's this last Tuesday. After exactly 7weeks,, my question is hope they won't say my leave is almost over? Is it possible for visa to be still granted even at that because my initial plan was to use just 7days out of the leave starting 5th to 12th July which has long passed. This was as their fault because dey even sent an apology letter saying they sorry for the inconvenience on 27june after submitted 6thjune that dey can't decide within the 15working day, pls bro hope leave ending will not be treat to granting the visa because I submitted more than a month before my leave is to start,,, Thank
Decision already made since 25th of July, so it doesn't matter if your leaves ends now or not what is in your passport cannot change till it gets to you.
Secondly they treat cases on merit and your departure day does not matter as they already informed you not to pay for accommodation or buy your flight while awaiting decision.
They would have expected you to defer your leave till you get a decision.
Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 28, 2017
TatPat:

I only know the number to call if you are outside the uk, which is +442034811736
Even when you call the number from within the UK, it will still direct you to the number outside the UK or ask you where the application was done and then ask you to pay.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 28, 2017
KemBee86:
Hello everyone, good job you are doing here. God bless you all.
1. I want to apply for my mum in law to visit us in uk, however the only assest she has in Nigeria is an hotel which is close for now for renovation( she has letter of registration, c of o etc), can we include that in the application and state that's its closed for now.

2. Is it necessary to get letter from the landlord because we can't assess him and all we plan to do is to add bills and d tenancy agreement to proof accomodation . Since she is staying for 2 weeks

Lastly, do I need to get letter from my employer because we plan to do full sponsorship but we will state dt she will provide her transportation. I will include my pay slips, bank statement and work I'd.

I will appreciate if I get enough responses quickly cos we plan to apply this week.
1.Just state what your mum owns in house and hotel, it does not matter if it is under renovation and if it is she still owns the building which counts for her.
2. Any bills showing your names and address is fine, have always used council tax
3. payslip and bank statement is fine no need for letter of employment.
I reckon you earn enough because it counts as well since you saying you footing most of her bills in the UK

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xto4: 3:43pm On Jul 28, 2017
Advisory:

Decision already made since 25th of July, so it doesn't matter if your leaves ends now or not what is in your passport cannot change till it gets to you.
Secondly they treat cases on merit and your departure day does not matter as they already informed you not to pay for accommodation or buy your flight while awaiting decision.
They would have expected you to defer your leave till you get a decision.
Regards
Thank you very much Advisory. I now have a relief. God bless you!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 28, 2017
@Endlessgrace

I guess I would try my try my luck then. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 4:24pm On Jul 28, 2017
Any June 7th, 8th and 9th in the house . Kindly tell us your application status.
VI or Ikeja application Center.just follow up with the dates UKVI is treating now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lightdream: 6:07pm On Jul 28, 2017
Yommieyomi:
Any June 7th, 8th and 9th in the house . Kindly tell us your application status.
VI or Ikeja application Center.just follow up with the dates UKVI is treating now.
9th ooo.no show. The event I intend going for is slated for tomorrow.my leave sef don end.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amehrada: 6:46pm On Jul 28, 2017
Yommieyomi:
Mine was June 12th at VI and decision has been made since June 28th but I'm yet to get my passport. My stepmom I applied together with has traveled since last week. Infact the reason I wanted to travel was to attend my bro's graduation and also spend some time with his family. The graduation took place two days ago. Though I've called ukvi to escalate for me as at last week. Still hoping to get the visa because I still intend to travel just to spend some time with my bro's family
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 7:23pm On Jul 28, 2017
Advisory:

Even when you call the number from within the UK, it will still direct you to the number outside the UK or ask you where the application was done and then ask you to pay.

OK. my aunt called them today from UK. she was given a reference number and was told to call back few days later and that she will pay to speak with the officers. that's all for now. TatPat
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 8:01pm On Jul 28, 2017
McGibson:

OK. my aunt called them today from UK. she was given a reference number and was told to call back few days later and that she will pay to speak with the officers. that's all for now. TatPat

Okay thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by feranmi84: 9:15pm On Jul 28, 2017
Advisory:

you can do both

@Advisory

Will saying I have not bn in contact with my cousin for long as reason for not disclosing i have family in my previous application not look as if the relationship with my cousin I'm visitn not cordial. Or that I may not want to return b4 my visa expire since i have cousins there
Just thinking out loud.
Pls wat reason can I give for not saying I have family in the uk in my previous application. thank u

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bbwollex(m): 10:56pm On Jul 28, 2017
Hello house!
I checked oando on google now and I saw £1 @#420, please am I right or I am on the wrong site?
hope to hear from anyone with vital info
thanks in anticipation!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 28, 2017
bbwollex:
Hello house!
I checked oando on google now and I saw £1 @#420, please am I right or I am on the wrong site?
hope to hear from anyone with vital info
thanks in anticipation!
If that's what Oando says that's it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tarry(m): 1:46am On Jul 29, 2017
Solatium:

And you think the explanation will be tenable? that backdating of a documents without another legal documents to back it up is criminal on it's own and if care is not taken it will earn her a ban.explanation is not enough in this matter expect there is a legal documents to it

Yes the explanation will be tenable. When my wife applied for a renewal sometime ago she included a letter of promotion which was back dated to before her previous application, she stated that she did not include the promotion in the previous application because she had not received the promotion letter by then though the promotion had been in effect before then and her renewal was approved.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by feranmi84: 8:31am On Jul 29, 2017
Family who live in the UK
This includes:
immediate family - husband, wife, parents or children

grandparents or grandchildren

your husband's or wife's family

your child's partner or spouse

your partner, if you have lived with them for 2 out of the last 3 years

I dont have any of the aforementioned family in the Uk, but I have cousins. Does it (cousin) fall within immediate family?

Please i need clarification on this as I dont want to base my understanding on assumptions.
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 8:49am On Jul 29, 2017
feranmi84:

This includes:

I dont have any of the aforementioned family in the Uk, but I have cousins. Does it (cousin) fall within immediate family?

Please i need clarification on this as I dont want to base my understanding on assumptions.
Thank you.

No it doesn't fall into the category.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:33am On Jul 29, 2017
Tarry:

Yes the explanation will be tenable. When my wife applied for a renewal sometime ago she included a letter of promotion which was back dated to before her previous application, she stated that she did not include the promotion in the previous application because she had not received the promotion letter by then though the promotion had been in effect before then and her renewal was approved.

Every application is treated on its own merit. The OP has been denied a visa when she was unemployed. Trying to explained a backdated employment letter will only make matter worse. If she is now in employment, all she needs is an introduction letter from her employer backed up with payslips to reapply in 6 months time.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 9:39am On Jul 29, 2017
ekpotek:

Every application is treated on its own merit. The OP has been denied a visa when she was unemployed. Trying to explained a backdated employment letter will only make matter worse. If she is now in employment, all she needs is an introduction letter from her employer backed up with payslips to reapply in 6 months time.

BEST ANSWER 100%
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:42am On Jul 29, 2017
feranmi84:

This includes:

Thank you.

A cousin is person born of your father/mother siblings. So it could be implied to be a family member
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 9:45am On Jul 29, 2017
ekpotek:

A cousin is person born of your father/mother siblings. So it could be implied to be a family member

But the family membership as stipulated by Home Office for the purpose of visit visa application doesn't recognise that thought... Naturally we know a cousin is family...

While answering the question if you have family members in the UK, what the Home Office sees as family (immediate family) are listed clearly and cousins ain't there
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thecassanova: 10:14am On Jul 29, 2017
ekpotek:

You can apply and submitted your documents and biometric in South Africa, since you have a permit to be in that country. For necessary documents go to UKVI website and read the requirement for a Standard Visitor visa; or read backward on this thread. Then come and ask questions on what you do not understand.
Thanks I already started my application, I have some questions.

1. I'm being sponsored by Aunty whose daughter is getting married. How much is she supposed to have in her statement of account? Does the final balance of the account matters? Though she claims she doesn't have much cash has most money & income have been going to the wedding preparation. Can another distant family friend that has sufficient funds provide that ?

What documents does she need to supply to back up my invitation?

2. Am I supposed to submit my statement of account as I do student work here and also receive small change from 9ja sometimes? If yes how much are they expecting in pounds.

2. What other documents would be influential as supporting documents. I'm currently a registered student here and I paid full tuition & accommodation running to N2m+, can they think I would forfeit the money & Msc degree just to run to UK?. I'm only going for 1-2 weeks.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BlackRevolution(m): 10:28am On Jul 29, 2017
Hello everyone. I recently applied for UK visa to attend a conference as a guest speaker organized by the RMT (Rail Maritime and Transport Union, London). I was at the Tls on the 21st of July. The conference will be taking place on the 23rd of August. The organizers have indicated in the invitation letter that they will be taking care of my flight tickets, accomodation, meals etc. I will be staying for two weeks as suggested by the organizers. I submitted my mum's bank statement as am currently on my PhD. And also a copy of my admission letter was submitted. Now the organizers of the conference have asked if they should go on and pay for the flight tickets. Please can anyone share his/her thoughts on what should possibly be my reply to the organizers and also what are the chances I have for the visa to be ready prior 23rd August. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by feranmi84: 11:22am On Jul 29, 2017
@Brightingsus :
@Tatpat
@Ekpotek
Thanks to you all. I must confess, I really appreciate!

In my previous application that was refused i chose No (I do not have family). Will you advice I stick to 'NO' in my next application?

My concern is that I had plans of staying in the hotel in my last application, but planning to stay with a cousin in the course of my next visit.

Must i give reasons for chosin to stay in the hotel in my previous application?

If 'Yes',
Please, biko, ejó... help with what to say if you were in this situation.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:45am On Jul 29, 2017
Brightingsus:

But the family membership as stipulated by Home Office for the purpose of visit visa application doesn't recognise that thought... Naturally we know a cousin is family...

While answering the question if you have family members in the UK, what the Home Office sees as family (immediate family) are listed clearly and cousins ain't there

There are a lot of things that are not stipulated by home office! If I have a cousin in the UK I would refer the person as a family member! After all I cannot called the person a friend or what else.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 12:01pm On Jul 29, 2017
ekpotek:

There are a lot of things that are not stipulated by home office! If I have a cousin in the UK I would refer the person as a family member! After all I cannot called the person a friend or what else.

Yes I agree with you 100 per cent, but I think Home Office is more interested in attributing immediate family as your family members
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:04pm On Jul 29, 2017
Thecassanova:

Thanks I already started my application, I have some questions.

1. I'm being sponsored by Aunty whose daughter is getting married. How much is she supposed to have in her statement of account? Does the final balance of the account matters? Though she claims she doesn't have much cash has most money & income have been going to the wedding preparation. Can another distant family friend that has sufficient funds provide that ?

What documents does she need to supply to back up my invitation?

2. Am I supposed to submit my statement of account as I do student work here and also receive small change from 9ja sometimes? If yes how much are they expecting in pounds.

2. What other documents would be influential as supporting documents. I'm currently a registered student here and I paid full tuition & accommodation running to N2m+, can they think I would forfeit the money & Msc degree just to run to UK?. I'm only going for 1-2 weeks.

Thanks in anticipation.

1. Only two categories of persons that can sponsor you. Those that are responsible for your education in SA and the invitee from the UK. So is your aunt responsible for your education? Is she based in SA or the UK? Anybody outside this group, you will have to justify and explain why they are spending their hard earn money on you!

2. All documents about your schoolings, registration, course forms, examination results, library pass. School ID card, payment of school fees, introduction letter from school etc. sure you can also include your bank statement.

3. Anyone sponsoring you must provide bank statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2017
Brightingsus:

Yes I agree with you 100 per cent, but I think Home Office is more interested in attributing immediate family as your family members

The concept of family between the UK and Nigeria are different. The key issues is that UKVI want to know if an applicant has the potential to overstay if he/she have any family member in the UK? An overstayer is more likely to be housed by a family member including cousins for free of charge. Having a family member in the UK have its advantages and disadvantages. The advantages are free accommodation and feeding and less financial birden on the applicant. Disadvantages are potential refusal as ECO may be worried about overstaying.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thecassanova: 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2017
ekpotek:

1. Only two categories of persons that can sponsor you. Those that are responsible for your education in SA and the invitee from the UK. So is your aunt responsible for your education? Is she based in SA or the UK? Anybody outside this group, you will have to justify and explain why they are spending their hard earn money on you!

2. All documents about your schoolings, registration, course forms, examination results, library pass. School ID card, payment of school fees, introduction letter from school etc. sure you can also include your bank statement.

3. Anyone sponsoring you must provide bank statement.
Thanks for the reply
My Aunt is the sponsor for the wedding. She based in Uk. And my mum back home is responsible for my education here and she's a frequent traveler to Uk. So I can use any as my sponsor not necessarily the invitee? Or both
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by quille11: 1:47pm On Jul 29, 2017
Hello house,

I Iike to enquire if it is required to include payslips along with bank statement in UK visa application.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:09pm On Jul 29, 2017
quille11:
Hello house,

I Iike to enquire if it is required to include payslips along with bank statement in UK visa application.

Thanks

Yes. Your payslip shows that you earn a living and that your monthly salary as reflected in the payslip can been seen in your bank statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:14pm On Jul 29, 2017
Thecassanova:

Thanks for the reply
My Aunt is the sponsor for the wedding. She based in Uk. And my mum back home is responsible for my education here and she's a frequent traveler to Uk. So I can use any as my sponsor not necessarily the invitee? Or both

In that any or both of them can be a sponsor. Your aunt is the invitee. She should provide you with her

Bank statement
Council bill/Utility bills
Copy of her passport data page
Cover letter declaring that she is inviting and she will be resposible for accomodation etc
You may also need a letter from your mother approving the visit if you're below 18 years.

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.