Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529536 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bertv66: 7:55am On Feb 20, 2018
Hello Just wise and family
My name is Al and I need your divine intelligence on my next Uk application.
I applied in 2011 for a tourist visa but was refused based on the fact that I didn’t show how my fees was funded. In 2013 I applied again to attend a friends graduation in Sunderland but was refused again based on the fact that I didn’t state I had any Dependent kid. So there was discrepancies in my 2011 application and the 2013. I only didn’t state in my first application because my son was been catered for by my mum.
Fast forward 2014 I have travelled to the US Dubai India 9 Schengen countries . I have my own company now and a charity foundation.

I would be grateful if you could help me tackle the discrepancies btn my previous application.

Regards Al
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Donoluwasanmi: 8:20am On Feb 20, 2018
Hy pls am a registered nurse with my current licence and I want to register with NMC Uk please I need the processing step by step to make it easier.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:33am On Feb 20, 2018
bertv66:
I applied in 2011 for a tourist visa but was refused based on the fact that I didn’t show how my fees was funded. In 2013 I applied again to attend a friends graduation in Sunderland but was refused again based on the fact that I didn’t state I had any Dependent kid. So there was discrepancies in my 2011 application and the 2013. I only didn’t state in my first application because my son was been catered for by my mum.
Fast forward 2014 I have travelled to the US Dubai India 9 Schengen countries . I have my own company now and a charity foundation .

I would be grateful if you could help me tackle the discrepancies btn my previous application.

Regards Al

You have nothing to worry about because a lot has changed since your last application. Be honest about previous refusals and use the blank space in the form to info about your trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:35am On Feb 20, 2018
Kunle2030:
Hello everyone.i have been following this thread for a long time tho I never posted.i will like to give back to this wonderful forum cos reading through the pages helped me.So I recently applied for a standard visitor visa and it was granted.i have been travelling to the UK in the last 18 years.i started out with a 6 months visa,then got a 2 years visitor visa twice and went on to 5 years visa.my 5 years visa recently expired so i decided to apply for a 10 year visa which was very expensive but I thought it's worth it if u can afford it and u get it. Here is my timeline:
Submitted at tls ikeja Feb 7,
Transferred to ukvi Feb 8,
Decision made email Feb 16
Collection email Feb 16.

One thing I learnt from my experience is that it is important to keep your application simple and honest.it is also important to have a very good travel history and don't abuse your visa.i have never stayed more than 3 weeks on holiday all thru my 5 years visa.3 weeks was the highest i ever stayed..there were many times I stayed 10 days and sometimes 3 days.

When I submitted I didn't have any payslips cos my company didn't give payslips so what I did was I had to get a letter from my office to introduce me and to state how long my annual leave will be for and also to state my salary.by the way my salary was about 105k naira not a lot really and it was never regurlaly paid.i submitted my personal bank statement with a balance of about 750k and also my salary account with zero balance just showing my salary deposits even though they were not regularly paid.
I didn't have any property so i didn't submit any evidence of one.i submitted letter of invitation,sponsors British passport biodata page and a proof of address from sponsor in form of an electric bill.
Those were all I submitted.infact when i remember when I went to submit at tls ikeja I felt intimidated cos there were people with loads of documents and i didnt have much to submit but alas,my 10 years standard visitor visa was granted.pls keep it simple,be honest and don't abuse the terms of your visa and try to make short trips..thanks justwise and ektokpe and all the contributors thanks for your selfless service.

Congratulations! Glad that you found useful information here that helped you.

Thanks for coming back here to contribute useful information.

Enjoy your trip

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 8:37am On Feb 20, 2018
ekpotek:

Here you can use the additional information page to provide the ECO with important details and information about your application eg a cover note.

Does it mean that after writing everything in the provided space then you would not be submitting your introduction letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 10:11am On Feb 20, 2018
You must submit!
mavinc4u:

Does it mean that after writing everything in the provided space then you would not be submitting your introduction letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by radwad(m): 11:20am On Feb 20, 2018
Good morning.
Please I need advise on my visa application.i intend to visit UK for medical EXAM. However,I recently got a lump deposit of 300k in my bank account,which I'm finding it hard to explain.my monthly salary is about 260k though.However,I tagged the payment as red chilli sales as I couldn't find any explanation to give for the deposit...Also,I have been advised to provide evidence that I actually sold the commodity( was actually sold to local market women who can't provide any receipt or no company registration)...PLEASE HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS.

@justwise,I sent you a personal email yesterday on this matter but you didn't reply, I guess it's against the rule of the house.i am really sorry for that.Your contribution will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by radwad(m): 11:23am On Feb 20, 2018
ozymes:
This usually my best part. Give bullet point on your reason for the trip, where to visit, list of assets, other incomes whivh must be supported with authentic documents etc

Thanks alot.can I explain some salient info about my account as well?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by precris(m): 11:53am On Feb 20, 2018

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olowogbogboro17: 1:03pm On Feb 20, 2018
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 1:07pm On Feb 20, 2018
Pls if one works in a company where payslips are not given? Can a letter on an A4 company letter headed paper detailing the salary breakdown each month suffice?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 1:20pm On Feb 20, 2018
Yep! That's the way it is. Just like you are answering US Visa interview questions. In this case you imagine the possible questions and address the issues preemptively
radwad:

Thanks a lot.can I explain some salient info about my account as well?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olowogbogboro17: 2:31pm On Feb 20, 2018
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cindylee: 6:34pm On Feb 20, 2018
bigbus:

Most airlines will provide a bassinet. You will need to buy a ticket for your baby (typically 10% of normal ticket price). Remember to check in early, so that you are allocated a seat with the bassinet; if you don't manage, speak with the steward/ess immediately you enter the plane, so that they can arrange for the bassinet/+seat for you.

Thanks. I actually requested for a bassinet at the counter and I was given. Although I felt pity for the Oyinbo man sitting beside me. My baby disturbed the hell out of him. LOL
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fcisca: 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2018
I think you should be ok this time around with your travel history. Just be honest about your previous refusals and address the reason for the discrepancy as you have done in the bolded.
All the best
bertv66:
Fast forward 2014 I have travelled to the US Dubai India 9 Schengen countries . I have my own company now and a charity foundation.

Regards Al
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 12:46am On Feb 21, 2018
Applied for 6 months visa last year and was issued in May to expire in early November 2017. Travelled in May and spent just 10 days and went back to UK again in October to spend 2 weeks before the visa expired. Applied for 5 years visa January 24th 2018 visa was issued 3 weeks after.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by topeolu1: 6:12am On Feb 21, 2018
Was that your first application before the 5years?
Menakay:
Applied for 6 months visa last year and was issued in May to expire in early November 2017. Travelled in May and spent just 10 days and went back to UK again in October to spend 2 weeks before the visa expired. Applied for 5 years visa January 24th 2018 visa was issued 3 weeks after.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Laminat: 7:20am On Feb 21, 2018
Hello Mr. Justwise and other members of the forum,
can you pls review my case now, Ihave re- uploaded the attachment.

It was unfortunate the ECO didn't read my cover letter where I stated that the said #400k was a refund of the money I earlier lent my blood brother( as evident in my statement of acct).
Going forward,
Please sirs I have the following questions:
1. Can I additionally( including cover letter) provide any cash flow issues in the body of the application form where additional information is sought??
2. Do I need to submit a new application or there is a way to modify the previous application
3. How helpful is the pension statement of acct in ECo decision
4. Any useful hints.
Thanks and God bless

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 7:00pm On Feb 21, 2018
topeolu1:
6 months and the visa expired first week of November 2017.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 9:51pm On Feb 21, 2018
Menakay:

6 months and the visa expired first week of November 2017.

Visit or tourist visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ogogo24(m): 12:25am On Feb 22, 2018
Hello house, thanks for the good work.

I applied for a visit visa, but made a mistake on the date of birth and only realized it after submission and appointment booking. I cancelled the application by requesting a refund and commenced completing a fresh application. I received a mail that I will be informed if my refund/cancellation is approved...

Has anyone had similar experience? How long does it usually take to reach a decision on this?...can't submit the new application as I'm yet to get a confirmation of cancellation on the erroneous one.

Also, does a temporary visit visa holder in the UK has a right to invite a spouse over?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 1:34am On Feb 22, 2018
topeolu1:
The first application was 6 months and the second is 5 years and both were issued.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 1:35am On Feb 22, 2018
mavinc4u:

Visit or tourist visa?
Tourist for both application with hostel accommodation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funmido(f): 7:22am On Feb 22, 2018
Good morning all

Hello @Menakay

Congratulations!!!

Can you kindly list the documents you submitted in both cases as we are eager to learn

Thank you

Congrats once again!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 8:54am On Feb 22, 2018
funmido:

Good morning all

Hello @Menakay

Congratulations!!!

Can you kindly list the documents you submitted in both cases as we are eager to learn
Congrats once again!!!

Employment letter.
Leave letter
Company referrence letter
6 months pay slip
6 months bank statement ( only salary that goes into d account)
2 land documents
Hostel reservation for 10 days (£102)
Flight itinerary showing d cost of d flight ( medview airlines)
Son's birth certificate and photos with him.
Letter of explanation.

Same documents submitted for both applications.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olowogbogboro17: 9:06am On Feb 22, 2018
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by preciouschiomy: 12:41pm On Feb 22, 2018
@Justwise, Ekpotek. I got my family permit visa today. I lack words to express how thankful I am to you guys. @Ekpotek you are a darling. Thank you so much for all ur advice. May God bless u abundantly.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abi89: 1:44pm On Feb 22, 2018
Hello Justwise,

I am just about to renew my uk visa, and I want to do a five year visa after applying for over 18 years.Now, I want to put in my domiciliary account and my salary naira account but my balance is low.Does this matter?

Regards.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 4:40pm On Feb 22, 2018
@justwise @ekpotek and any other person that can help.

Pls I need some advice in filling the confusing part of savings in the accessuk online application.

I have about £4000 saved over time from my salary income. It's in the same account where my salary is paid monthly. Do I declare it as savings? I know someone who was recently refused on account of this issue.

The person had some unspent money in her salary current account. But put in the application that she had no savings. One of the reasons she was refused was that she didn't declare any savings.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:59pm On Feb 22, 2018
preciouschiomy:
@Justwise, Ekpotek. I got my family permit visa today. I lack words to express how thankful I am to you guys. @Ekpotek you are a darling. Thank you so much for all ur advice. May God bless u abundantly.

Congrats, you are most welcome. Did you reapply or appeal the previous ECO decision? When are planing to leave?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:06pm On Feb 22, 2018
MamaGiovanni:
@justwise @ekpotek and any other person that can help.

Pls I need some advice in filling the confusing part of savings in the accessuk online application.

I have about £4000 saved over time from my salary income. It's in the same account where my salary is paid monthly. Do I declare it as savings? I know someone who was recently refused on account of this issue.

The person had some unspent money in her salary current account. But put in the application that she had no savings. One of the reasons she was refused was that she didn't declare any savings.

Saving does not necessarily means unspent fund in a bank. Savings could also means fund that are avaliable to you such as stocks, fixed deposits, etc. If there a unspent fund in your salary account, this does not equate to savings. Your saved fund should be in your saving bank account and must be consistent over the past 6 months.

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.