Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,536 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529409 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ebonmic: 11:19am On May 21, 2018
ekpotek:

You can get a cover letter from your company HR to explain why your salary is paid by cash and support it with your payslips. However, how do you plan to convince the ECO that it is reasonable and justified to spend 800K to attend a friend graduation ceremony on a salary of 196K with a wife and 2 kids. The ECO will be interested in your monthly expenses and how you have been able saved up to 800K without any additional income.

I'm a lady, attending alone. Not going with kids and hubby.

I have a small store, but not registered.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:30am On May 21, 2018
Enybaby2018:
Hello house. First time here hehehe...

Straight to the point.
Im a single mother and planning a trip to UK with my daughter. My travel histroy include: UK (twice), Dubai (several times) and USA with my daughter a few times.

I work and earning averagely.(salary not consistent because of allowances).
I have a UK host ready to invite and accomodate us.

Can anyone advise what documents to submit since circumstances has changed from my first application? and also do i need a consent letter from her dad?

documents submitted for first application includes: Employment histroy,letter from UK host (not same as the one inviting us now),salary bank SOA( with over a million),payslips, coop acct SOA(some money was transffered from my coop acct to my salary acct), landed property,company brochure, cover letter explaning my application & source of money etc, shares cert.,pictures from previous vacations.

Can someone please advice on what document to include no daughter is joining me?

Edakun o!

Your daughter birth certificate. Some photo of you and your daughter together. Yes her father consent is necessary since you’re not married to him.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:46am On May 21, 2018
ebonmic:

I'm a lady, attending alone. Not going with kids and hubby.

I have a small store, but not registered.

Read my post. My point is not about you going alone. My point is how would explain to the ECO the income generated from your store. Do you have sales receipts, invoice etc. How do you attend to your store if you work full time. Why is your store not registered? How old are your kids and who will take care of them in your absence? Who takes care of monthly home expenses? All this must be explain in application form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yinkuss04: 12:16pm On May 21, 2018
monchat:

It is depending on u.if u av it u can use it, but if u d'nt av it d'nt stress yr self, provided yr payslip is showing tax deduction . For my two applications I never use tax clearance certificate, my payslip shows my tax deduction.
2. U must av a statement of account that u do receive y monthly salary. The monthly salary in y statement of account must be the same amount in y pay slip. U can also use other statement of account that u av inflow and outflow.
3. Yes u can use y normal saving account that u save the money for travelliing. But make sure there is inflow and outflow, d'nt just dump money without making outflow.
All the best

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Enybaby2018: 1:36pm On May 21, 2018
Thank you. Would that be all? Pics of me and daughter,Birth Cert and consent letter from father? are these the 3 documents i should include to the other ones i listed?

Your daughter birth certificate. Some photo of you and your daughter together. Yes her father consent is necessary since you’re not married to him. [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ebonmic: 2:23pm On May 21, 2018
ekpotek:

Read my post. My point is not about you going alone. My point is how would explain to the ECO the income generated from your store. Do you have sales receipts, invoice etc. How do you attend to your store if you work full time. Why is your store not registered? How old are your kids and who will take care of them in your absence? Who takes care of monthly home expenses? All this must be explain in application form.

Hmmmm ! Honestly,May not be good at explaining all these. I have sales receipts.my younger sis.handles the shop for me. Same person that wil take care of the kids whil away.

If not for the transfer some customers do make there, I'd love not to mention the store aspect.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bobbyz1: 2:53pm On May 21, 2018
Thanks. I didn't know a withdrawal meant your fees wouldn't be refunded. I guess I'll ride it out and see how it goes. I dunno what happened this time. I'm usually extremely thorough when it comes to my applications.

We'll see how it goes. Today is the 11th working day so I guess collection isn't too far away.

ekpotek:

I don’t feel you should withdraw the application. You have good travel history to the UK and the fund for the ECO to overlook these lapses. I will suggest that you wait for the decision. If it’s negative and the reasons are based on these lapses, you can easily correct it and reapply. Having said that, you are permitted to withdraw you application at anytime before a decision is made. However, you will not get a refund. Refund are only possible before your appointment and biometric collection.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 3:34pm On May 21, 2018
Phenmeson:

Your salary of #100000 is not enough for you to embark on UK trip. You need to convince UK immigration that you earn a good salary i.e at least 200k and above, you must also have a good Bank statement with regular cash inflow and outflow and lastly have about #1m to spend for your 2weeks trip because a return flight is about 280k and you need to book an hotel or hostel for 2weeks which cost about #300k

How Many people are on ₦200k salary grade in Nigeria? is this ukvi rule or your own assumption?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 5:08pm On May 21, 2018
Enybaby2018:
Hello house. First time here hehehe...

Straight to the point.
Im a single mother and planning a trip to UK with my daughter. My travel histroy include: UK (twice), Dubai (several times) and USA with my daughter a few times.

I work and earning averagely.(salary not consistent because of allowances).
I have a UK host ready to invite and accomodate us.

Can anyone advise what documents to submit since circumstances has changed from my first application? and also do i need a consent letter from her dad?

documents submitted for first application includes: Employment histroy,letter from UK host (not same as the one inviting us now),salary bank SOA( with over a million),payslips, coop acct SOA(some money was transffered from my coop acct to my salary acct), landed property,company brochure, cover letter explaning my application & source of money etc, shares cert.,pictures from previous vacations.

Can someone please advice on what document to include now that my daughter is joining me?

Edakun o!

May I suggest you read back? Similar questions have come up in the past.

I think it is good that, unless you have proof of sole custody, in support of a letter of consent from her dad, you should include copy of his valid ID and your daughter's birth certificate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PrechyJoe: 5:09pm On May 21, 2018
No body replied my first question but let me ask again.

My sister is inviting us for her Convocation, Myself, my Mum and my Younger sister.

I am still a student and do not have any savings, and do not work.

My father is the one sponsoring our trip.

Our trip is budgeted at 2000pounds per person for 2weeks, and my father has almost 5 million in his account.

What documents should I support my application with our application, My mum and my younger sister would be doing their biometrics tomorrow, while mine would be on Friday.

Kindly help if you can.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:43pm On May 21, 2018
ebonmic:

Hmmmm ! Honestly,May not be good at explaining all these. I have sales receipts.my younger sis.handles the shop for me. Same person that wil take care of the kids whil away.

If not for the transfer some customers do make there, I'd love not to mention the store aspect.

If you have enough documents to show how you built up your saving to 800K. If you have proof that your sister runs your shop and she is willing to care for your kids while you are away, you can go ahead and apply. Like I said, you will need to explain all the above when completing the online application form. It is left for the ECO to weigh all the evidences and consider if to issue you a visa to attend the graduation of a friend. Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ebonmic: 9:31pm On May 21, 2018
ekpotek:

If you have enough documents to show how you built up your saving to 800K. If you have proof that your sister runs your shop and she is willing to care for your kids while you are away, you can go ahead and apply. Like I said, you will need to explain all the above when completing the online application form. It is left for the ECO to weigh all the evidences and consider if to issue you a visa to attend the graduation of a friend. Good luck.

Thanks so much for your response.
Please, I don't mind if you guild me through on what and what documents to be summited . If I see there is not enough doc. To back up the application , may choose not to apply and consider it some other times.

Cos the store aspect is giving me concern as there might not be a enough proof for it, except for the receipts I receive at the point of purchase. If I had knew, I would have given the customers I knw that do transfer a separate acct. never knew I would consider going with the friend.

And what proof do I need to to show the Eco that my sis. Is the one that manages the store?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ndkings1(m): 9:41am On May 22, 2018
ekpotek:

How long have you known this friend? What documents do you have as proof of relationship?

I don't know him personally. I met him through my cousin... He linked us up. Since then we have been communicating through charts and calls. I have never seen him before but we are getting along real good.
As for the proof, he said I should meet agents to advise me on the documents he needs to send to me for my application.

Whats your advice?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ebonmic: 11:45am On May 22, 2018
ebonmic:

Please, I don't mind if you guild me through on what and what documents to be summited . If I see there is not enough doc. To back up the application , may choose not to apply and consider it some other times.

Cos the store aspect is giving me concern as there might not be a enough proof for it, except for the receipts I receive at the point of purchase. If I had knew, I would have given the customers I knw that do transfer a separate acct. never knew I would consider going with the friend.

And what proof do I need to to show the Eco that my sis. Is the one that manages the store?

@ekpotek
Please,any advice?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ndkings1(m): 12:28pm On May 22, 2018
Solatium:

How Many people are on ₦200k salary grade in Nigeria? is this ukvi rule or your own assumption?

That's what I thought
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:15pm On May 22, 2018
Ndkings1:

I don't know him personally. I met him through my cousin... He linked us up. Since then we have been communicating through charts and calls. I have never seen him before but we are getting along real good.
As for the proof, he said I should meet agents to advise me on the documents he needs to send to me for my application.

Whats your advice?

I doubt if UKVI will issue you a visit visa to go see someone you have never physically met before. If this is the main purpose of your application, be rest sured that UKVI will call your friend and ask him questions about his relationship with you, and if his answers is not good enough, you will be refused, not minding the documents he has provided. Your friend asking you to go and see an agent is more or less telling you to sort yourself out. Your best bet is to apply as a general tourist without any invite, book hotel accommodation and hope for the best. If you get the visa, then you can still see your friend and spend time with him.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by monchat(m): 1:22pm On May 22, 2018
ebonmic:

Note:- It is not all small scale business in Nigeria that are registered ps. If u d'nt av all the proof, the little u have state it clearly well.
All my applications I did, i explain 2 the consulate officer that apart from my permanent job I also run a teaching program during my weekend and I get some of my extra income from it. Aleast I get 100k monthly. My clients pay me in cash or they pay into my account.The business was not registered, the only thing I attached as proof was my degree certificate showing I am teaching the course I studied at uni,then i made a business profile for it and my visa was approved. This is a one man business and not all that are registered.
Since u av a store, and y customers pays into y account, make a small profile of y store and state there what u sell and how much u sell them. U can state that y younger sister runs it week days and u assist during y weekend and public holidays, if u av receipt of goods sold attached it as proof.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ashabby: 1:59pm On May 22, 2018
Have you gotten a feedback now?

Waylesdowels:
Dear justwise,great job u r doing here. Got a second mail from UK Decision making team.Kind of confused here.Is this a sign of rejection or wat?

"Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 2:04pm On May 22, 2018
Ndkings1:

That's what I thought

unfortunately I have read about people with ₦120k salary and below getting their visiting visa,Visa Application and approval is not one size fits all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:04pm On May 22, 2018
ebonmic:

@ekpotek
Please,any advice?

Every application is evaluated based on its own merit and the current circumstances of the applicant not to overstay their visit. Your application is hinged on an invitation to attend a friend graduation, who is not related to you. You have proposed to spend 800K which you have saved over time from your salary (about 196K) and petty business. The question is would the ECO allow you to spend this amount to undertake a visit of no economic benefit to you? If your visit was based on say to go buy goods for your shop, then that is a valid reason to spend such an amount. Remember you have kids and other dependents that also need to be taking care of while you’re away. My advise is look for more tenable reason for your visit or than this graduation thing. You can start by tiding up your business, by keeping proper account eg invoices, sales, stocking cards, Facebook business profile etc. Your suitation and purpose of visit and that of @Monchat are quite different. There is no basis for an assumption that what might have worked for @monchat will also work for you. These are my advises and you are free to either take it or not.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:15pm On May 22, 2018
Solatium:

unfortunately I have read about people with ₦120k salary and below getting their visiting visa,Visa Application and approval is not one size fits all

Unfortunately I have also seen many applicants with less than N200K salary not approved. Let’s us advices applicants that getting a UK visit visa is not only based on high salary or high bank balances. The ECO also takes into consideration the main purpose of the trip, social and economic ties to Nigeria, travel history and the probability of immigration intent. Is your filled application form and documents that speak for you, as there will be no interview, so the onus lies with the applicant to convince the ECO to approve their visa request in spite of a salary of less than 200K.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ebonmic: 4:32pm On May 22, 2018
ekpotek:

Every application is evaluated based on its own merit and the current circumstances of the applicant not to overstay their visit. Your application is hinged on an invitation to attend a friend graduation, who is not related to you. You have proposed to spend 800K which you have saved over time from your salary (about 196K) and petty business. The question is would the ECO allow you to spend this amount to undertake a visit of no economic benefit to you? If your visit was based on say to go buy goods for your shop, then that is a valid reason to spend such an amount. Remember you have kids and other dependents that also need to be taking care of while you’re away. My advise is look for more tenable reason for your visit or than this graduation thing. You can start by tiding up your business, by keeping proper account eg invoices, sales, stocking cards, Facebook business profile etc. Your suitation and purpose of visit and that of @Monchat are quite different. There is no basis for an assumption that what might have worked for @monchat will also work for you. These are my advises and you are free to either take it or not.

Thanks for your time and advice.
I think you have said it all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ebonmic: 4:38pm On May 22, 2018
monchat:

Note:- It is not all small scale business in Nigeria that are registered ps. If u d'nt av all the proof, the little u have state it clearly well.
All my applications I did, i explain 2 the consulate officer that apart from my permanent job I also run a teaching program during my weekend and I get some of my extra income from it. Aleast I get 100k monthly. My clients pay me in cash or they pay into my account.The business was not registered, the only thing I attached as proof was my degree certificate showing I am teaching the course I studied at uni,then i made a business profile for it and my visa was approved. This is a one man business and not all that are registered.
Since u av a store, and y customers pays into y account, make a small profile of y store and state there what u sell and how much u sell them. U can state that y younger sister runs it week days and u assist during y weekend and public holidays, if u av receipt of goods sold attached it as proof.

Thanks for this. I wil work on it if to consider the invitation or not.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 4:41pm On May 22, 2018
ekpotek:

Unfortunately I have also seen many applicants with less than N200K salary not approved. Let’s us advices applicants that getting a UK visit visa is not only based on high salary or high bank balances. The ECO also takes into consideration the main purpose of the trip, social and economic ties to Nigeria, travel history and the probability of immigration intent. Is your filled application form and documents that speak for you, as there will be no interview, so the onus lies with the applicant to convince the ECO to approve their visa request in spite of a salary of less than 200K.

That was why I Closed that comment with VISA APPLICATION AND APPROVAL IS NOT ONE SIZE FITS ALL obviously we are saying the same thing in different way
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by juleze(f): 5:17pm On May 22, 2018
I have travelled to the UK 5 times, previously. I used to go annually, never spend more than a month, changed jobs and went last in 2014. I stay with the same person each time I travel (my cousin). Presently, I earn significantly lower but I still want to go on vacation, this year.

What I'm hinging on is my good travel history to the UK. I always apply for 6 months visa because that's all I need to travel each time. Sadly, this time around, you're not allowed to include previous passport; I didn't know this until submission. I learnt I was to have made copies and attached.

My questions are:
- What are my chances being that almost all other things are against me?
- Would they be able to access my previous visits or should I scan my old passport and send to them?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PrechyJoe: 5:49pm On May 22, 2018
Still waiting for response.

PrechyJoe:
No body replied my first question but let me ask again.

My sister is inviting us for her Convocation, Myself, my Mum and my Younger sister.

I am still a student and do not have any savings, and do not work.

My father is the one sponsoring our trip.

Our trip is budgeted at 2000pounds per person for 2weeks, and my father has almost 5 million in his account.

What documents should I support my application with our application, My mum and my younger sister would be doing their biometrics tomorrow, while mine would be on Friday.

Kindly help if you can.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:06pm On May 22, 2018
Solatium:

That was why I Closed that comment with VISA APPLICATION AND APPROVAL IS NOT ONE SIZE FITS ALL obviously we are saying the same thing in different way

I agreed with you 100%. angry grin.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MaBuk(f): 6:10pm On May 22, 2018
I earn 240k but i get 100k monthly and 350k quartely as salary. This is for my salary account but I bought tbills from another bank account which i use for my small business and payment is between 10-20k though not regularly cos its a rental business. I have 350k in my salary account and my personal account would have 800k coming from 700k tbills that will mature by may 31st and 100k from my rental business.

Pls can i present the 2 account but 350k in my salary acct looks small though and when i print 6 month of the bank statement it wont reflect on either of the account that i saved the 700k from my salary acct before moving it to the personal account which is a different bank.

What can i do cos am confused that if i move money it would be seen a inflation and the opening balance of both account is small for the 6 month.

How best can i present this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:56pm On May 22, 2018
juleze:
I have travelled to the UK 5 times, previously. I used to go annually, never spend more than a month, changed jobs and went last in 2014. I stay with the same person each time I travel (my cousin). Presently, I earn significantly lower but I still want to go on vacation, this year.

What I'm hinging on is my good travel history to the UK. I always apply for 6 months visa because that's all I need to travel each time. Sadly, this time around, you're not allowed to include previous passport; I didn't know this until submission. I learnt I was to have made copies and attached.

My questions are:
- Would they be able to access my previous visits or should I scan my old passport and send to them?

UKVI can assess you previous visas and visits to the UK including numbers of days spent on previous visit by simply using your biometric data, landing cards and airline passenger information. Failure to submit copies of previous passport would not be used to denied you a visa, if you are qualified to get one. You have nothing to worry about in that regard.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:05pm On May 22, 2018
PrechyJoe:
Still waiting for response.

Why did you not submit with the other family members as a group application. As it stands now your application will be treated differently from your mum and sister own. You need to submit same document submitted by your sister showing your relationship to the invitee and the sponsor and proof of your status as a student
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iwanvisityankee: 4:22am On May 23, 2018
Please what is the validity of 6 months visa, from the day of issuance, I mean how long will the visa last before it expires, assuming I didn’t travel immediately

Assuming I’m residing in another country, and I got the visa there, can I use the visa and fly from Nigeria if I’m in the country

Also if one is denied UK visa, do they stamp refusal stamp on the passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lordcrixus: 9:01am On May 23, 2018
juleze:

My questions are:
I think there is a portion on the application form where you can fill in your travel history in the last ten years out of your home country, didn’t you fill that?
And also the TSL guy should have made copies of ur old visas and add them to your application

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.