Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (496) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1532047 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pappy0080: 10:54pm On Aug 01, 2018
Hello Guys

Please I need someone to confirm the actual website for online visa application. Is it the visa4uk.fco.gov.uk or the gov.uk? Though I filled the form on the other website (.gov.uk) After I got the link on TLS website but my Naira debit card was declined. I am paying for 10 year renewal and I would like to know if they accept regular Naira debit card for payment. I have asked this question because on the visa4uk site, you are being directed to the new site for standard visitor's visa. Is it the actual site or I should use the visa4uk.fco.gov.uk. Appreciate any helpful response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TheExalted: 9:53am On Aug 02, 2018
pappy0080:
Hello Guys

Please I need someone to confirm the actual website for online visa application. Is it the visa4uk.fco.gov.uk or the gov.uk? Though I filled the form on the other website (.gov.uk) After I got the link on TLS website but my Naira debit card was declined. I am paying for 10 year renewal and I would like to know if they accept regular Naira debit card for payment. I have asked this question because on the visa4uk site, you are being directed to the new site for standard visitor's visa. Is it the actual site or I should use the visa4uk.fco.gov.uk. Appreciate any helpful response.

You may need to contact your bank as the amount you're trying to pay is most likely above your daily USD transaction limit. A pre-authorization of the transaction with you bank may help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 1:24pm On Aug 02, 2018
sweetgold5:

I submitted on Monday too oo... Let's hope for the best just keep checking TLS website to track your application I checked today and mine reads Received by UKVI or something.... The next stage is Decision made only God knows how long DAT will take.......

Please hous[b]e does renewal too take too long? How long does renewal take before its out[/b]? Does anyone have an idea

To them, every application is new and not renewal. It takes the same number of days every other applicants have, minimum of 15 working days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ndkings1(m): 5:06pm On Aug 02, 2018
Hello Gurus in the house
I'm applying for 10 days visit visa to visit a friend in London.
I have the following questions -

1. Do I need to explain the source of the opening balance in my statement of account when submitting applications

2. I'm going to book for one way ticket or round ticket

3. I earn 140k as salary monthly, am I qualified to apply?

4. I work as a teacher in a private school but they do no issue us payslips, they even pay us cash sometimes - no tax.... How do I make up for this payslip? I understand it's very important for application.

Please I need a b answers..
Please, someone should help me out on this one
@justwise
@ekpotek
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pappy0080: 5:12pm On Aug 02, 2018
Hello,

Please has anyone used the new site to apply for UK visior's visa?? The new site is not accepting my Naira debit card and I don't have limit on the card. Anyone that has recently applied for a visitor's visa should kindly provide me with the actual online link used.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ndkings1(m): 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2018
pappy0080:
Hello,

Please has anyone used the new site to apply for UK visior's visa?? The new site is not accepting my Naira debit card and I don't have limit on the card. Anyone that has recently applied for a visitor's visa should kindly provide me with the actual online link used.
Use dollar card or try GTB debit card
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Elite4dollar: 10:27pm On Aug 02, 2018
Please how knows if UK embassy for tier4 visa requires IELTS as one of the documents to be submitted as the embassy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 11:54pm On Aug 02, 2018
Ndkings1:
Use dollar card or try GTB debit card

Fcmb card's works too...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legend1145(m): 8:34am On Aug 03, 2018
Hello guys, please I need your help and suggestions pls. I apply for my passport renewal at Alausa passport office Lagos since June 19, up till nw my passport not out yet and my documents to apply for the UK visa has arrived yesterday. Pls my old passport will expire in November.
My questions
Shld I apply for the visa now but new passport not out yet
Do anyone knw hw I can fast track collecting my passport
Pls how much is the current UK visiting visa fees.
Thanks
Justwise pls kindly help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obeauty21: 12:24pm On Aug 03, 2018
Elite4dollar:
Please how knows if UK embassy for tier4 visa requires IELTS as one of the documents to be submitted as the embassy.

Good day, I am not sure if u shd be asking dis question here or on the thread for tier 4 uk student visa (pls check the thread for tier4 student visa and ask all ur questions the people there will be willing to answer you) . To answer ur question, if u are applying for a tier4 student visa, u shd be given a CAS from ur school stating what documents u need to present along with your visa application. Check your CAS and see what it says about your English language assessment, some universities ask you to present either ur waec result or ielts before they give you an unconditional offer. But there is no crime checking back with your school to check if they already assessed u and there is no need for it or otherwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by emna123(f): 1:36pm On Aug 03, 2018
you did a very great job and i get success after reading your thread.I got a mail on two occasions UK Sheffield section. First was my application has been recieved and the second was a decision has been made on my application both mails has the VAF numbers. Could u please confirm to me if this is a sign of success. Waiting for ur kind response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kaad: 10:55pm On Aug 03, 2018
Please how do I book an appointment for TB test. I already paid the fees
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 11:13pm On Aug 03, 2018
Hello bosses, I've been tracking my application but it has not yet summited. Can I fast track it and how can I fast track it?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 11:40pm On Aug 03, 2018
20 working days and no decision has been yet. It is well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BASE3: 12:38am On Aug 04, 2018
Pls house I want to travel with my wife and two kids for vacation to France, am the ceo of my company and am paying for my self, I think I have all the doc expect that I don't pay my self monthly salary, what is expected of me in this case. Thanks
justwise:

Submit all your bank statements as long as you can defend the money on them, your cost of the trip should not come from the business account but from your profit/savings account.

How much is your flight ticket and hotel accommodation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:09am On Aug 04, 2018
BASE3:
Pls house I want to travel with my wife and two kids for vacation to France, am the ceo of my company and am paying for my self, I think I have all the doc expect that I don't pay my self monthly salary, what is expected of me in this case. Thanks

This is a UK visitor visa thread. I suggest you search Nairaland for France or any Schengen country visa thread for advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:13am On Aug 04, 2018
Olugerm:
Hello bosses, I've been tracking my application but it has not yet summited. Can I fast track it and how can I fast track it?

No. The tracking you displayed shows that your application has been received by UKVI. You need to exercise patience until a decision is made, typically within 15 days.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:15am On Aug 04, 2018
emna123:
you did a very great job and i get success after reading your thread.I got a mail on two occasions UK Sheffield section. First was my application has been recieved and the second was a decision has been made on my application both mails has the VAF numbers. Could u please confirm to me if this is a sign of success. Waiting for ur kind response.

No one can answer that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:21am On Aug 04, 2018
Legend1145:

Hello guys, please I need your help and suggestions pls. I apply for my passport renewal at Alausa passport office Lagos since June 19, up till nw my passport not out yet and my documents to apply for the UK visa has arrived yesterday. Pls my old passport will expire in November.
My questions
Shld I apply for the visa now but new passport not out yet
Do anyone knw hw I can fast track collecting my passport
Pls how much is the current UK visiting visa fees.
Thanks
Justwise pls kindly help

You just have to wait for your new passport to come out, as your current passport is less than 6 months validity. For visa fees check UKVI website.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 7:48am On Aug 04, 2018
ekpotek:

No. The tracking you displayed shows that your application has been received by UKVI. You need to exercise patience until a decision is made, typically within 15 days.
thanks so much boss. I thought its not yet summited cos of the red mark
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ndkings1(m): 9:40am On Aug 04, 2018
[quote author=Ndkings1 post=69927749]Hello Gurus in the house
I'm applying for 10 days visit visa to visit a friend in London.
I have the following questions -

1. Do I need to explain the source of the opening balance in my statement of account when submitting applications

2. I'm going to book for one way ticket or round ticket

3. I earn 140k as salary monthly, am I qualified to apply?

4. I work as a teacher in a private school but they do no issue us payslips, they even pay us cash sometimes - no tax.... How do I make up for this payslip? I understand it's very important for application.

Please I need a b answers..
Please, someone should help me out on this one
@justwise
@ekpotek
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:30am On Aug 04, 2018
[quote author=Ndkings1 post=69974472][/quote]

1. If the opening balance is unusual considering your sources of incomes, then you will need to explain why.
2. Round trip ticket
3. Only the ECO can determine that. Many with lower income or higher income have either been approved or refused. Although your income bracket will be consider, however it is not the sole determinant of a successful visa application. Other factors like social and homes ties are importants.
4. Get a tax clearance certificate if your payslips does not reflect tax deduction, or is irregular. You can also get a letter form your employee to support this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ndkings1(m): 12:34pm On Aug 04, 2018
ekpotek:

1. If the opening balance is unusual considering your sources of incomes, then you will need to explain why.
2. Round trip ticket
3. Only the ECO can determine that. Many with lower income or higher income have either been approved or refused. Although your income bracket will be consider, however it is not the sole determinant of a successful visa application. Other factors like social and homes ties are importants.
4. Get a tax clearance certificate if your payslips does not reflect tax deduction, or is irregular. You can also get a letter form your employee to support this.
Thank you sir.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legend1145(m): 3:32pm On Aug 04, 2018
Thanks bro. Much appreciated.
ekpotek:

You just have to wait for your new passport to come out, as your current passport is less than 6 months validity. For visa fees check UKVI website.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by khrisgraphix(m): 8:36pm On Aug 04, 2018
please how reliable is the 2years US visit visa can be in terms of getting a job and stability until the individual get his PR papers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 9:55pm On Aug 04, 2018
khrisgraphix:
please how reliable is the 2years US visit visa can be in terms of getting a job and stability until the individual get his PR papers.
Sir/Madam, First, this is UK visa thread, not US. (Talk of "reliable".) Second, visit visa is for visit, not getting job and definitely not for stability or PR.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bimbyabim: 11:35pm On Aug 04, 2018
Good Evening house,this is my first time on Uk thread. I have gone thru several pages to see if any one has a refusal case similar to mine but didn’t see. I applied for Uk visa for my family sometime in Feb and my hubby being the sponsor. That wasn’t our first visa- we’ve had several Uk visas issued to us but we had a break (abt 8yrs)from visiting uk. Lo and behold for the flimsiest reason we were denied and slammed with No appeal and no administrative review.
We however heard That we can ask for a review becos it was too obvious eco probably got things mixed up. Now my request: @ justwise @frontpagelawyer and all the gurus in house, what email ad can I sent my plea for review to. Thanks for your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:37am On Aug 05, 2018
bimbyabim:
Good Evening house,this is my first time on Uk thread. I have gone thru several pages to see if any one has a refusal case similar to mine but didn’t see. I applied for Uk visa for my family sometime in Feb and my hubby being the sponsor. That wasn’t our first visa- we’ve had several Uk visas issued to us but we had a break (abt 8yrs)from visiting uk. Lo and behold for the flimsiest reason we were denied and slammed with No appeal and no administrative review.
We however heard That we can ask for a review becos it was too obvious eco probably got things mixed up. Now my request: @ justwise @frontpagelawyer and all the gurus in house, what email ad can I sent my plea for review to. Thanks for your response.

There is no option of administrative review for visitor visas. You are entitled to complain if you are disatified with the service, however, this will not change the decision. You will need to re apply and point out the mix up. Perhaps if you post the refusal, gurus here can help out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.