Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,194 members, 7,835,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (626) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1538140 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jbaby09: 12:16am On Apr 03, 2019
Hello People !! Pls I need clarification. Is the cover letter compulsory for all applications? Short term visa and I’m self employed.

Thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jbaby09: 12:18am On Apr 03, 2019
Congratulations!!!!

Cutiestalex:
If you have been refused unjustly and you think the eco wasn't fair enough.. I advise u don't reapply.. Just go for judicial review.. You have no right to appeal or administrative review but a good immigration lawyer can work magic. I got mine overturned today.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cutiestalex: 12:19am On Apr 03, 2019
Thanks man..
Jbaby09:

Congratulations!!!!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by emadamysy: 5:10am On Apr 03, 2019
Cutiestalex:
If you have been refused unjustly and you think the eco wasn't fair enough.. I advise u don't reapply.. Just go for judicial review.. You have no right to appeal or administrative review but a good immigration lawyer can work magic. I got mine overturned today.
Please how do one go about thus judicial review . The cost and the process
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lovesavvi: 6:32am On Apr 03, 2019
Cutiestalex:
pls how do you go about it ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nnelily(f): 7:00am On Apr 03, 2019
Good morning and I appreciate your good works.

Pls advise us.
My husband works with Dangote cement company, he's salary is just a 120k
Of course he makes times 4 of his salary from side runs cos their are such opportunities but u know this can't be enlisted when applying since it isn't tied to his salary but like 500k inclusive of salary hits his account monthly.
I run a business that gives me 100k on an average monthly but it isn't registered yet.
My sister in law, his sister is married to a Nigerian doc in the Uk and they will have a child in maybe one year cos they just got married and she plans to settle b4 taking in cos she just relocated courtesy of her husband . We plan on visiting them when she puts to bed so this is a one year plan. My husband has 7million in his account and could become 10 or 12m in one year time after projects and upkeep since he still makes money from other hustles. Should I register my small business so it will be one year plus when I apply for visa when the time comes. Do we tell them to invite us when it's time and what kind of visa are we applying for. I just want a general guide to get this visa when the time comes. I hate heartbreak hahaha. I have never traveled likewise him. He hates to travel in short.
We intend to spend like 600k to 1m on the entire vacation to my inlaw which is far bigger than his earnings but not bigger than his side runs that much.
We have a good acc balance remember.
We have a child as well.
I have asked him to change job for better pay but his so much interested in his side runs and hustle which everyone does in the company. It is not fraud but just getting buyers for their product and getting percentages and he said no company will pay him such amount he makes for now cos sometimes he makes big cash. He has worked 5 years.
What's your best advise?
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MISSYTOSIN(f): 7:03am On Apr 03, 2019
Cutiestalex:
what type of visa category pls ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cutiestalex: 10:02am On Apr 03, 2019
All type I guess but mine is tourist /visiting
[qwuote author=MISSYTOSIN post=77218552] what type of visa category pls ? [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cutiestalex: 10:05am On Apr 03, 2019
lovesavvi:
pls how do you go about it ?

Refusal not more than 28 days from the day u got ur passport. Then you need every documents submitted during biometric.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lovesavvi: 10:22am On Apr 03, 2019
Cutiestalex:

Refusal not more than 28 days from the day u got ur passport. Then you need every documents submitted during biometric.
whoop I was refused in Feb 21 I can not meet up again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Abeke85: 12:43pm On Apr 03, 2019
Hello house, i am applying to travel to the uk with my husband and leaving our kids behind. There is a section that says: Evidence of family members remaining in your home country whilst you travel. Please can anyone help advise on what document to show as evidence for this.

Also, i know about lodgement issues but i borrowed my husband money and he has returned it so i can also show that i have money. If they check transaction they can see the transfer to him and then back to me. Will this be a problem? Its about 600,000
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Fekeri: 1:32pm On Apr 03, 2019
I’m filling the UK visa application form and there is a problem answering the question correctly “ How many times have you visited the following places in the past 10 years”? I have not been able to answer more than two history even when I chose 2 to 5 times. It takes me automatically to another question after entering two. Don’t know is anyone has same issue. I wanted to enter USA 3 times and France once. But it takes only two usa and bring the other options that’s not related to this section. What should I do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tawakalituolas: 2:38pm On Apr 03, 2019
Desore:

No.. He got only the mail from the UK Visa Section.
I will advise you go there for your passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shanga(m): 4:26pm On Apr 03, 2019
Good evening guys,please can I use traditional marriage certificate from local government to apply for uk visa ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tawakalituolas: 5:04pm On Apr 03, 2019
mayo47:
Hello,

I've been a follower here. I just got my visa. My budget is about 2.6x of my monthly disposable income and 2x of my monthly salary plus i had a couple of deposits which were made in January (I clarified this in my cover letter). I guess a key success factor was my disclosure and travel history (Been to UK 3 times in the past). Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cutiestalex: 5:12pm On Apr 03, 2019
shanga:
Good evening guys,please can I use traditional marriage certificate from local government to apply for uk visa ?

Yes you can.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shanga(m): 5:30pm On Apr 03, 2019
Cutiestalex:

Yes you can.

Tnx cutie
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tawakalituolas: 6:08pm On Apr 03, 2019
Tawakalituolas:
I'm also having the same issue since last week Monday I haven't received any message from tls. I'm planning of going there tomorrow to check, but I stay outside Lagos. I hope i will get it if i go there tomorrow?
justwise I need urgent reply on this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Maverick20: 6:59pm On Apr 03, 2019
Good evening everyone, please I want to ask a question, I have been invited over to the UK(Northern Ireland precisely)for short time visit but I don't know what next to do.. To pay for visa fee? And what kind of visa? How do I start the registration and so on... Thanks in anticipation!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DMainMan: 7:19pm On Apr 03, 2019
Somexboy:
Please guys i need assistance on uk visa process...so my sis base in the uk and she wants me to come visit her over their...she'll take care of all the expenses...my question is since she will b the one to do everything , do i need to have a particular amount of money in my account..cos my salary is below 50k....please i need help on this..thanks

There is no problem at all. However, your account statement should reflect your salary. Include your pay slips.

Follow the following procedure.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by erico2k2(m): 7:30pm On Apr 03, 2019
busdebbie:
Hello Nairalanders,

trust you are great this morining.

I want to begin the process of my spousal visa and honestly i need some advise.
ur hubby has to initiate the process.You can start o n line
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DMainMan: 8:23pm On Apr 03, 2019
@somexboy contd.

1. Your sister should write a letter of invitation stating where she is working, address and most importantly that she would sponsor you for all expenses, accommodation, flight ticket, feeding and living expenses. She should state the amount she will provide. She should also write about your relationship and how she met you. She should include documents that she will use to support your application i.e bank statement, work payslips, proof of address e.g council tax, utility bills, sponsorship form e.t.c . She should fill out the first page of the below sponsorship form:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/751681/sponsorship-form.pdf

2. Your sister should provide minimum of four months bank statement with considerable amount of money. She should show genuine documents and proof of her
income. Ascertain if your sister claims or documents are genuine. If it isn't, then you wont be given visa

3. You should write a cover letter. Introduce yourself, where you work and your purpose of visit; i.e to visit your sister as you miss her. State your plans of visit and places you intend to go. Exclusively state that your sister will sponsor you with (the amount your sister declared to sponsor you). Then state how you will spend this money. e.g cost of return flight 500 pounds from Lagos to London Heathrow and vice versa, cost of travel, visit, sight viewing and miscellaneous e.t.c . The amount calculated should be equal to what your boyfreind said he will give you. State that you will include your passport, affidavit, employment letter, Educational certificates, property documents (if you have) or other stuffs you have. You must show proof so dont put what you cannot proof.

4. You should also provide minimum of three to four month bank statements if you receive money from your employer or you transact business and your bank statement reflects all these. This will greatly help your application. However, if your bank statements does not reflect or proof your employment or work financial transactions as stated in your application,(e.g monthly salary money, wages payment e.t.c) then it is better not to include your bank statements as it shows one is lying and one visa will be rejected. Hence, since your sister has stated she will sponsor you, only use your sponsor bank statement as it has worked for many people.

5. You should give a letter to show if you and your sponsor are really in a relationship. Your sponsor is your sister. Proof that she is your sister. Things like photos of both of you, bank transactions showing she gave you money or you gave her money, hotel reservations for both of you, whatsapp communication message, facebook messages and many more

6. Write explicitly that you will come back to Nigeria after your visit and proof it to them. Valid proof should be your verification letter from employer stating that you will come back to work after permission of holiday is granted. Other proof is that you own a valuable land property. You can also state that you have children in Nigeria that it is impossible you leave them. Proof that by showing your picture with children and birth certificate.

Do the above and do not lie and claim what you are not. If you and your sister dont have proof of any documents, you and your sister should not declare it inthe application. You must have proof of what you claim. Follow the above routine and visitor visa is certainly yours.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 8:57pm On Apr 03, 2019
Hello nairalanders.
Quick question please... I have a UK visa valid till 28th May and I need to travel to the UK from the 19th May to leave at end of the month (say 31st May)
My question is, can I apply before the expiration of my current visa?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2019
DMainMan:
@somexboy contd.

1. Your sister should write a letter of invitation stating where she is working, address and most importantly that she would sponsor you for all expenses, accommodation, flight ticket, feeding and living expenses. She should state the amount she will provide. She should also write about your relationship and how she met you. She should include documents that she will use to support your application i.e bank statement, work payslips, proof of address e.g council tax, utility bills, sponsorship form e.t.c . She should fill out the first page of the below sponsorship form:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/751681/sponsorship-form.pdf

2. Your sister should provide minimum of four months bank statement with considerable amount of money. She should show genuine documents and proof of her
income. Ascertain if your sister claims or documents are genuine. If it isn't, then you wont be given visa

3. You should write a cover letter. Introduce yourself, where you work and your purpose of visit; i.e to visit your sister as you miss her. State your plans of visit and places you intend to go. Exclusively state that your sister will sponsor you with (the amount your sister declared to sponsor you). Then state how you will spend this money. e.g cost of return flight 500 pounds from Lagos to London Heathrow and vice versa, cost of travel, visit, sight viewing and miscellaneous e.t.c . The amount calculated should be equal to what your boyfreind said he will give you. State that you will include your passport, affidavit, employment letter, Educational certificates, property documents (if you have) or other stuffs you have. You must show proof so dont put what you cannot proof.

4. You should also provide minimum of three to four month bank statements if you receive money from your employer or you transact business and your bank statement reflects all these. This will greatly help your application. However, if your bank statements does not reflect or proof your employment or work financial transactions as stated in your application,(e.g monthly salary money, wages payment e.t.c) then it is better not to include your bank statements as it shows one is lying and one visa will be rejected. Hence, since your sister has stated she will sponsor you, only use your sponsor bank statement as it has worked for many people.

5. You should give a letter to show if you and your sponsor are really in a relationship. Your sponsor is your sister. Proof that she is your sister. Things like photos of both of you, bank transactions showing she gave you money or you gave her money, hotel reservations for both of you, whatsapp communication message, facebook messages and many more

6. Write explicitly that you will come back to Nigeria after your visit and proof it to them. Valid proof should be your verification letter from employer stating that you will come back to work after permission of holiday is granted. Other proof is that you own a valuable land property. You can also state that you have children in Nigeria that it is impossible you leave them. Proof that by showing your picture with children and birth certificate.

Do the above and do not lie and claim what you are not. If you and your sister dont have proof of any documents, you and your sister should not declare it inthe application. You must have proof of what you claim. Follow the above routine and visitor visa is certainly yours.

That link got nothing to do with visiting visa.

You don't fill sponsorship form for visiting visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:20pm On Apr 03, 2019
inphoenix:
Hello nairalanders.
Quick question please... I have a UK visa valid till 28th May and I need to travel to the UK from the 19th May to leave at end of the month (say 31st May)
My question is, can I apply before the expiration of my current visa?
Thanks

Yes you can

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:36pm On Apr 03, 2019
shanga:

You can
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:38pm On Apr 03, 2019
Maverick20:
Good evening everyone, please I want to ask a question, I have been invited over to the UK(Northern Ireland precisely)for short time visit but I don't know what next to do.. To pay for visa fee? And what kind of visa? How do I start the registration and so on... Thanks in anticipation!

Apply for visiting visa through the U.K. Embassy. Application is made online and all the information you need for visiting visa is in this thread
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:42pm On Apr 03, 2019
Somexboy:
Please guys i need assistance on uk visa process...so my sis base in the uk and she wants me to come visit her over their...she'll take care of all the expenses...my question is since she will b the one to do everything , do i need to have a particular amount of money in my account..cos my salary is below 50k....please i need help on this..thanks

Even as your sister will be taking care of everything you still need to provide solid proof that you will come back to Nigeria if given a visa, so your job and level of salary matters a lot. Your salary is low and is likely to be an issue.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DMainMan: 9:47pm On Apr 03, 2019
justwise:

That link got nothing to do with visiting visa.

You don't fill sponsorship form for visiting visa.
No. You are incorrect. You can use it for also visitor visa.

I used it when I sponsored someone.

It is also in the UK visa website.

"
Use ‘Form SU07’ to support the application of a person who is applying to come to the UK to visit or settle.

This form is to confirm that you will be responsible for the applicant’s maintenance, accommodation and care, without relying on public funds:

for at least 5 years, if they are applying to settle

throughout their stay in the UK if they are applying to visit"

Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sponsor-a-visa-applicant-form-su07

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:53pm On Apr 03, 2019
Nnelily:
Good morning and I appreciate your good works.

Pls advise us.
My husband works with Dangote cement company, he's salary is just a 120k
Of course he makes times 4 of his salary from side runs cos their are such opportunities but u know this can't be enlisted when applying since it isn't tied to his salary but like 500k inclusive of salary hits his account monthly.
I run a business that gives me 100k on an average monthly but it isn't registered yet.
My sister in law, his sister is married to a Nigerian doc in the Uk and they will have a child in maybe one year cos they just got married and she plans to settle b4 taking in cos she just relocated courtesy of her husband . We plan on visiting them when she puts to bed so this is a one year plan. My husband has 7million in his account and could become 10 or 12m in one year time after projects and upkeep since he still makes money from other hustles. Should I register my small business so it will be one year plus when I apply for visa when the time comes. Do we tell them to invite us when it's time and what kind of visa are we applying for. I just want a general guide to get this visa when the time comes. I hate heartbreak hahaha. I have never traveled likewise him. He hates to travel in short.
We intend to spend like 600k to 1m on the entire vacation to my inlaw which is far bigger than his earnings but not bigger than his side runs that much.
We have a good acc balance remember.
We have a child as well.
I have asked him to change job for better pay but his so much interested in his side runs and hustle which everyone does in the company. It is not fraud but just getting buyers for their product and getting percentages and he said no company will pay him such amount he makes for now cos sometimes he makes big cash. He has worked 5 years.
What's your best advise?
Thank you.

Yes they need to send you an invitation letter and you need to apply for visiting visa.

Since this is one year ahead you need to read this thread as all the information you need is here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:58pm On Apr 03, 2019
DMainMan:

No. You are incorrect. You can use it for also visitor visa.

I used it when I sponsored someone.

It is also in the UK visa website.

"
Use ‘Form SU07’ to support the application of a person who is applying to come to the UK to visit or settle.

This form is to confirm that you will be responsible for the applicant’s maintenance, accommodation and care, without relying on public funds:

for at least 5 years, if they are applying to settle

throughout their stay in the UK if they are applying to visit"

Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sponsor-a-visa-applicant-form-su07

Obviously you don't get it, you don't need that form for visiting visa.

You don't spend 5yrs in the UK on visiting visa

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DMainMan: 10:17pm On Apr 03, 2019
justwise:

Obviously you don't get it, you don't need that form for visiting visa.

You don't spend 5yrs in the UK on visiting visa

Check the website.

You can use it for visitor visa or settlement. It is stated there explicitly.

Use it to apply throughout their stay in the UK if they are applying to visit"

I have used the form to sponsor someone for visitor visa and it was successful. Hence, to enhance one's visitor visa, if you have a sponsor who will pay for all your expenses, you should tell your sponsor to include it to have a strong application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.