Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529596 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by castiello(m): 9:56pm On May 16, 2016
imperialebony:
you're most welcome! Enjoy your stay in Istanbul. Amazingly, with the uk multiple entry visa on your passport, you don't need to queue for a Turkish visa in abuja. They'll simply give you a visa on arrival at the airport, hope you know this. Please prepare for the appropriate visa fees upon arrival in atatuk airport. Cheers!

thanks bro noted
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:19am On May 17, 2016
fizzile:
Meehhhnnn this one no clear me oooo. How about this other method: Can one go to his bank and request for Form A then the tuition can be paid directly to the school? Is that possible?
E no clear, despite my long explanation? LOL. Anyway, you may go to your bank and tell them what you want. Usually, there's something called Form A, which is used for this means but I'm not so sure if the service is still available due to forex wahala. You obtain the form, fill it and your bank will process it and send the school fees on your behalf. It's the most convenient method. Please visit your bank asap and make an enquiry in this regard. Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 4:03am On May 17, 2016
Hello everyone, first time posting on dis particular forum.
Please, has anyone ever gotten a UK visa with a tax clearance of Nil Nil Nil for the company's first year.
Can you apply with a one year old company documents.
Do u need to give them the company's statement of account or can you just use your personal statement of account?
Thanks....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:47am On May 17, 2016
emeldamicheals:
Please, has anyone ever gotten a UK visa with a tax clearance of Nil Nil Nil for the company's first year.
Do u need to give them the company's statement of account or can you just use your personal statement of account?
Thanks....
It's not a problem. Are you self-employed? If your answer is yes, your case is minor. I'm self-employed and my company was incorporated late 2010. In 2011, I got a contract at one of the govt institutions where I wasn't registered as a contractor. When our papers got to payment stage, I was told since we're not registered as a contractor, there's no way we'd get paid because everything is done online with a supplier's code. In short, that's what led me to the FIRS. We got our TIN and TCC which indicated Nil,Nil,Nil from the first to 3rd year as computed by the FIRS. A file was created for us and we got paid. Now, on the embassy issue, I applied in 2011 to 3 different embassies, one after the other. After we got paid by our client early 2011, we simply went to FIRS to collect our Tax Credit because the govt institution we worked for had deducted the 5 per cent withholding tax for the fed govt during payment process. So, I went to the FIRS for the tax credit, included it on my application, added the original copy of the audited account( remember you can't get a TCC, either Nil or not, without an audited account), included the original copy of the TCC and relevant invoices and Purchase Orders/Contract Awards. I got the visa eventually, same with the 2 other embassies. I always like explaining in-depth so that people could learn from and internalise my comment. The VO or ECO understands all these. That's why they always appreciate it when applicants present what they have rather than forge documents. Don't bother about the NIL TCC. It's understandable. You don't present what you don't have. Recently when I was preparing to apply for my UK visa and I was filling the application form. I read on the form about Documents showing where you live...such as property deed/mortgage statements/tenancy agreement/land registration documents...since I didn't have one, I simply ignored it. I only had utility bills, which wasn't mentioned in the space provided so, I didn't bother to include it and I still got my visa. Hope this works for you. All the best.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 8:23am On May 17, 2016
emeldamicheals:
Thanks....

Imperialebony has said it all. Submit Wat you have coz u can't submit Wat you don't have.
To butres his points, I also got a 6months multiple entry this year February for my family with my coy of 2years+ without TCC only 1or2 tax receipt of 5% WHT paid on my coy behalf by coy we worked for. Despite I had done d audited account and paid D 1 & 1/2 year tax return but didn't put it in my docs, we were still given.
BottomLINE, be truthful with your application and see what God can do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by birg84: 1:49pm On May 17, 2016
Hello House.
Pls I was denied a US visa on Friday.
My question is Can I apply for Uk visa renewal now? Won't it look strange that am applying for renewal days after us visa denial? I'm entitled to paid leave in any country of my choice in my office.
Kindly advice.
Thanks a lot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 8:18pm On May 17, 2016
Thanks

imperialebony:
It's not a problem. Are you self-employed? If your answer is yes, your case is minor. I'm self-employed and my company was incorporated late 2010. In 2011, I got a contract at one of the govt institutions where I wasn't registered as a contractor. When our papers got to payment stage, I was told since we're not registered as a contractor, there's no way we'd get paid because everything is done online with a supplier's code. In short, that's what led me to the FIRS. We got our TIN and TCC which indicated Nil,Nil,Nil from the first to 3rd year as computed by the FIRS. A file was created for us and we got paid. Now, on the embassy issue, I applied in 2011 to 3 different embassies, one after the other. After we got paid by our client early 2011, we simply went to FIRS to collect our Tax Credit because the govt institution we worked for had deducted the 5 per cent withholding tax for the fed govt during payment process. So, I went to the FIRS for the tax credit, included it on my application, added the original copy of the audited account( remember you can't get a TCC, either Nil or not, without an audited account), included the original copy of the TCC and relevant invoices and Purchase Orders/Contract Awards. I got the visa eventually, same with the 2 other embassies. I always like explaining in-depth so that people could learn from and internalise my comment. The VO or ECO understands all these. That's why they always appreciate it when applicants present what they have rather than forge documents. Don't bother about the NIL TCC. It's understandable. You don't present what you don't have. Recently when I was preparing to apply for my UK visa and I was filling the application form. I read on the form about Documents showing where you live...such as property deed/mortgage statements/tenancy agreement/land registration documents...since I didn't have one, I simply ignored it. I only had utility bills, which wasn't mentioned in the space provided so, I didn't bother to include it and I still got my visa. Hope this works for you. All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 8:18pm On May 17, 2016
Thanks

nairacountry:

Imperialebony has said it all. Submit Wat you have coz u can't submit Wat you don't have.
To butres his points, I also got a 6months multiple entry this year February for my family with my coy of 2years+ without TCC only 1or2 tax receipt of 5% WHT paid on my coy behalf by coy we worked for. Despite I had done d audited account and paid D 1 & 1/2 year tax return but didn't put it in my docs, we were still given.
BottomLINE, be truthful with your application and see what God can do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by khar: 9:20pm On May 17, 2016
Guys, please can anyone help with the current cost of renewal for both 5 & 10years visiting visa, in NGN(Naira)?
Thank u.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fizzile(m): 11:48pm On May 17, 2016
Please is there anyone at Coventry University? Or any who attended Coventry University? Please I will like to have a few info from you. Anyone please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by badenugba: 12:50am On May 18, 2016
Filling for a standard visitor visa, I have all letters available ,
Can I use my 6 months payslips instead of 6 months statement of account , just like I saw on their website "evidence that u can support urself during ur trip. E.g Bank statement. Or Payslips from the last 6 months " someone reply pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olu101: 1:01am On May 18, 2016
@ Badenugba...I want to believe you are a first timer right? If yes, i will suggest you include your 6months statement of account aswell as 6months paylips. They might request for either of the two in their document list but trust me its not adviceable for Uk first timer to use only payslip as proof of financial income.

You can only include any of both while renewing your visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by badenugba: 1:07am On May 18, 2016
olu101:
@ Badenugba...I want to believe you are a first timer right? If yes, i will suggest you include your 6months statement of account aswell as 6months paylips. They might request for either of the two in their document list but trust me its not adviceable for Uk first timer to use only payslip as proof of financial income.

You can only include any of both while renewing your visa
Thanks a lot,
A friend, first timer too told me that it's either of the two , like he said , he applied and was called fpr capturing. But then I understand u perfectly and I will follow ur advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olu101: 1:13am On May 18, 2016
You welcome.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:47am On May 18, 2016
fizzile:
Please is there anyone at Coventry University? Or any who attended Coventry University? Please I will like to have a few info from you. Anyone please?
My friend attended the uni in 2005 under Otunba Gbenga Daniel Scholarship Scheme in Ogun State. He had his master's degree there and according to him, it's a good school that invests in their outstanding students on research. After my friend finished his programme, he was offered a scholarship due to his outstanding performance for his PhD at the university of Twente in Holland. He's now a consultant to the government of Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:52am On May 18, 2016
badenugba:
Filling for a standard visitor visa, I have all letters available ,
Can I use my 6 months payslips instead of 6 months statement of account , just like I saw on their website "evidence that u can support urself during ur trip. E.g Bank statement. Or Payslips from the last 6 months " someone reply pls
Use both. It's better to satisfy them with all the necessary documents that could boost your chance of getting the visa. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fizzile(m): 7:13am On May 18, 2016
imperialebony:
My friend attended the uni in 2005 under Otunba Gbenga Daniel Scholarship Scheme in Ogun State. He had his master's degree there and according to him, it's a good school that invests in their outstanding students on research. After my friend finished his programme, he was offered a scholarship due to his outstanding performance for his PhD at the university of Twente in Holland. He's a consultant now to the government of Nigeria.
wwoow!! Are you for real? That's lovely. Have decided to go there. Got offers from Coventry,Salford,Bedfordshire,Hertfordshire. As I checked through,it seems Coventry is a cool place to go to,even in terms of accomodation. Saw some accomodation of about 200pounds per month
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:21am On May 18, 2016
fizzile:
wwoow!! Are you for real? That's lovely. Have decided to go there. Got offers from Coventry,Salford,Bedfordshire,Hertfordshire. As I checked through,it seems Coventry is a cool place to go to,even in terms of accomodation. Saw some accomodation of about 200pounds per month
Yea, you may give it a try. All the best!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fizzile(m): 12:15pm On May 18, 2016
imperialebony:
Yea, you may give it a try. All the best!
Thanks a lot for all ur tips. Will surely kip u posted. Wana try to pick up that Form A. Let me sort out the tuition first then take the next step.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cydophobia(m): 5:44pm On May 18, 2016
Hello guys.
Please how many days/weeks does it take UK embassy to process visit visa in Lagos.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 18, 2016
cydophobia:
Hello guys.
Please how many days/weeks does it take UK embassy to process visit visa in Lagos.

Thank you.
It shouldn't take more than 7 calendar days or 5 working days(from experience though), if your application doesn't come up with issues which could cause a delay in the whole process. For instance, the ECO might want to verify some documents you've presented.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cydophobia(m): 6:12pm On May 18, 2016
imperialebony:
It shouldn't take more than 7 calendar days or 5 working days(from experience though), if your application doesn't come up with issues which could cause a delay in the whole process. For instance, the ECO might want to verify some documents you've presented.

Thank you Sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by f4flakes(f): 6:26pm On May 18, 2016
Hello guys, pls help. Im trying to pay and choose the same appointment as mine for my kid, but its not showing up any available date, neither is tt allowing me to pay for her visa.

Im confused! Pls help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 18, 2016
f4flakes:
Hello guys, pls help. Im trying to pay and choose the same appointment as mine for my kid, but its not showing up any available date, neither is tt allowing me to pay for her visa.

Im confused! Pls help
Maybe the appointment slots for the day you chose for yourself had been fully booked by the time you wanted to book your kid's. The best bet is, cancel your appointment(especially if you had already paid), if your daughter must run the proposed trip together with you. This will enable both of you book on same available date/time. In case you've paid, you will have to start the application afresh but you'll be refunded within a month from the date your application was cancelled. There's a procedure you need to adopt to seek refund. Pls visit TLS Contact Website for details. Next time if you want to book your child(ren) on same date and time but due to one reason or the other you're holding on,you may fill the form and save it, instead of submitting same. This will give you the opportunity of revisiting the information already filled-in(using your login details) and make necessary amendments. Once the issues causing delays have been sorted, you may revisit the online application form for a review , before proceeding to the appointment and payment stages.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fizzile(m): 9:13pm On May 18, 2016
Hey guys,I must say am proud of the way u have responded to some questions. Kudos.
I wana ask this: Inasmuch we have gotten responses on the processes to get over to the UK,what are the possibilities of getting any little job as a student? And if there are possibilities,what kind of jobs are available and how can one apply for such jobs?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 10:32pm On May 18, 2016
OFFICIAL (15 working days)

cydophobia:
Hello guys.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fizzile(m): 10:58pm On May 18, 2016
I wana ask this: Inasmuch we have gotten responses on the processes to get over to the UK,what are the possibilities of getting any little job as a student? And if there are possibilities,what kind of jobs are available and how can one apply for such jobs?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 18, 2016
fizzile:

I wana ask this: Inasmuch we have gotten responses
on the processes to get over to the UK,what are the
possibilities of getting any little job as a student?
And if there are possibilities,what kind of jobs are
available and how can one apply for such jobs?
Fizzile, please go and do the needful first, lol. I am sure you would be able to cross the bridge when you get there. Get your fees paid, take your time to arrange your application and finally, pray for God's favour on your visa and every other thing will fall in place.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fizzile(m): 11:46pm On May 18, 2016
imperialebony:
Fizzile, please go and do the needful first, lol. I am sure you would be able to cross the bridge when you get there. Get your fees paid, take your time to arrange your application and finally, pray for God's favour on your visa and every other thing will fall in place.
hahahahaa u know say man gats plan ahead. #hotblood#. LolZzzzzz.

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.