Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,128 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:06 AM

This Might Help Someone Diligent Enough To Read It Through! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Might Help Someone Diligent Enough To Read It Through! (495 Views)

Help!!! Someone Mistakenly Used my E-mail And Jamb Profile To Register For Utme / Unveiling The Secret Of The Voynich Manuscript (i Can Read It) / You Want To Commit Sucide Or Give Up ?? Check This Might Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Might Help Someone Diligent Enough To Read It Through! by emmanueloluwa(m): 8:03am On Oct 11, 2015
Wrote this on one of ny good days! If u get to read it to the end, then tis piece was meant for you! if you couldnt, dont be dismayed, u will get inspired by something else or someone else.

A wise man once defined madness as doing the same thing over and over meanwhile expecting a different result. You see it’s not just that guy in rags on the bin that is mad, there are whole lot of mad people roaming the street, and my question to you is are you one? Do not despair, you can move from insanity to sanity by just trying to make one or two adjustments to the way you view your life and approach issues.
Time they say is wealth, cool stuff; but do you know that time is life too? You waste your time, then indirectly you are wasting your life. Time is the asset that we all have in common. And funny as it may sound time is also what segregate men into different class. The Dangotes of this world have the same 24 hours as that pauper you see begging on the street. The only difference between them is how they make use of this asset that God has given to them. The difference between an ’A’ student and a ‘C’ student is also how they make use of their time. Every ‘C’ student is a potential ‘A’ student, just that there is a missing link. That missing link is knowing how to really and genuinely make use of their time. Yeah I know these are all stuff you might have known or read before, now let go to the interesting part of this whole jargons.
The question now is IS 24 HOURS ENOUGH? I know you are quick to respond that it is never enough, you talk about going to lectures, having to cook, going to prayer meetings, if you are like me when in was in school, you will add going to cell group and sub group meetings God help you if you head such groups, going on visitation, and above all having to read. Chai! Impossible. 24 hours indeed is never enough. But the truth is that your 24hours is more than enough for you to accomplish all that God want you to do in a day. Yes my dear, God is never unfaithful, baize or wicked, he is too loving a father for him to commit to your hands what the time is never enough to accomplish and get the best result from. You only get choked up and tired out when you begin to do what God did not want you to do! Atimes we get busy with the wrong things, we join the wrong groups, we attend some meetings just because it makes us feel holier or more spiritual but in actual fact, that was never part of what God would have us do. That something sounds good doesn’t make it good for you. Do you know that you might get hooked up with meetings upon meetings that you won’t even have time to pray and study God’s word. Although, yes you are busy, but are you growing spiritually? No. so dear, try so review all those groups you belong to, all those meetings you attend, and ask yourself this questions.
Why am I in this group?
Will this group suffer if I am not present here?
Is this group helping me grow Spiritually?
Is it actually God’s will for me to be here?
The next aspect that eats out our time is the area of planning, the best way to maximize your 24hours is planning for it a day ahead. This way every minutes of the next day is well accounted for. This way you cut out so many time wasters. The truth is that these time wasters eat our time, make us feel busy, and when you ask yourself, what have I been busy doing? Nothing. So cut them out plan your day ahead, and make it as flexible as it could be. Here is a sample
5:30 -6:30 am--------------------------------------wake up and devotion
6:40 – 7:15am -----------------------------------------Clean up and dress up
7:20 – 7:50am------------------------------------------breakfast
8:00 – 11:00am ----------------------------------------attend lectures
11:30 – 12:30pm--------------------------------------review my next lecture
1:00 – 2:00pm ----------------------------------------attend lecture
2:00 – 4:00pm ----------------------------------------have time to play and take lunch/cook
4:00 – 5:30pm---------------------------------------- take a nap
6:00 – 8:00pm----------------------------------------attend prayer meeting
8:30 –9:30pm--------------------------------------dinner
10:00 – 11:00pm-----------------------------------------pray and study God’s word
11:30 – 2:00am--------------------------------------read tomorrow’s course and do assignment
2:00 -3:00am----------------------------------------play game and plan for tomorrow (lecture start 10a next day)
This is just an outline of a seemingly busy weekday; your weekend should have atleast 7hours of study. This technique really helped to increase productivity as an under-grad, moreso it helped me cut-out so many time wasters. And there is this joy you derive when you are able to accomplish 80-100% of your to do list. Remember flexibility is the key.
I decide to talk about just 2 aspect of an average Christian student, there are other aspects but I want to keep this short and simple as I can. Let’s work on this aspect first then we continue from there. This doesn’t add to your CGPA but it can help build it.

with God's help and using thes skills, i overturned a 3point something CGPA in my first year to a First class by the time i graduated
Re: This Might Help Someone Diligent Enough To Read It Through! by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 11, 2015
cool
Re: This Might Help Someone Diligent Enough To Read It Through! by emmanueloluwa(m): 8:47am On Oct 11, 2015
nice goggles

(1) (Reply)

90% Will Fail This / Education Might Just Be The Only Option / Will You Burn Your Certificates For 1billion Naira?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.