Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

I Wish There Was No GOD. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Wish There Was No GOD. (7175 Views)

I Wish There Was A God / I Wish There Is No Heaven But Hell Only / I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by finofaya: 3:10pm On Oct 11, 2015
osile2012:

[size=18pt]Still boils down to time grin grin grin Sometimes a friend of yours might oversleep and might be getting late for a function. You have to wake them up right? Because if they show up late there are consequences . grin grin grin Imagine if u missed an exam because you over slept and your roommate who was going for the same exam did not wake you up and left. You ended up failing and had an extra year. How would you feel ? grin grin wink [/size]

So if I feel that a belief in God might have a negative effect on your decision making the proper thing would be to tell you about it?
Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by winner01(m): 3:11pm On Oct 11, 2015
Op great thread. The reason they spend their lives day and night on God and the Bible still beats me
Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by dalaman: 3:12pm On Oct 11, 2015
osile2012:
[size=18pt]

When i see the so called atheists on Nairaland running around the threads to persuade people to believe there is no GOD, either because of some events that took place in their life that got them frustrated or the fact that they dont like the idea of being accountable, i laugh. Honestly, i sometimes wished there was no GOD and that there was no consequences for our actions.

[/size]

Can you point out to a post from any atheist here on nairaland that has ever claimed he is an atheist because some events took place in his/her life that got him/her frustrated or any atheist that has ever claimed that they are atheist because they don't like the idea of being accountable? Can you post any quote from any atheist that made such a claim or are you lying as usual? When will you guys stop telling lies for Jesus?

4 Likes

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by dalaman: 3:14pm On Oct 11, 2015
winner01:
Op great thread. The reason they spend their lives day and night on God and the Bible still beats me

There are many Christians here who spend their time here on nairaland castigating Islam alone. Does their endless attack on Islam beats you? By the way can you show us any atheist that lives his life day and night on God and the bible?

3 Likes

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by osile2012: 3:17pm On Oct 11, 2015
dalaman:

Can you point out to a post from any atheist here on nairaland that has ever claimed he is an atheist because some events took place in his/her life that got him/her frustrated or any atheist that has ever claimed that they are atheist because they don't like the idea of being accountable? Can you post any quote from any atheist that made such a claim or are you lying as usual? When will you guys stop telling lies for Jesus?

[size=18pt]I mean there must be a reason for their disbelieve in the face of glaring evidence right ?[/size]
Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by osile2012: 3:19pm On Oct 11, 2015
Chizzled06:

But time is an illusion. So "the end of time" cannot exist.

[size=18pt]Then sleep forever. Dont go to work or business or school. Just stay home all your life and lets see if there are consequences .[/size]

1 Like

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by dalaman: 3:20pm On Oct 11, 2015
osile2012:

[size=18pt]I mean there must be a reason for their disbelieve in the face of glaring evidence right ?[/size]

But that wasn't what you wrote. You claimed something but when you have been challenged you decided to change you position and tone. You just lied against the atheist simple. My challenge for you remains, quote any atheist that has ever written anything that comes close to what you wrote about atheist becoming atheist because they don't want to be accountable or because they are frustrated in life. If you want to make your point just go ahead and make your point, there is no need lying against others.

6 Likes

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by osile2012: 3:21pm On Oct 11, 2015
finofaya:

So if I feel that a belief in God might have a negative effect on your decision making the proper thing would be to tell you about it?

[size=18pt]Would u rather they dont wake u up ?[/size]

1 Like

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by Chizzled06(m): 3:23pm On Oct 11, 2015
osile2012:

[size=18pt]Then sleep forever. Dont go to work or business or school. Just stay home all your life and lets see if there are consequences .[/size]

That's just boring. I prefer coming on the Internet to engage smart people like you.
Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by vladimiros: 3:26pm On Oct 11, 2015
osile2012:

[size=18pt]If i am correct, this section is for religion and not politics. And if we practiced our religion honestly, those issues your worried about in Nigeria would not be existent .[/size]

lol what religion practise honestly would make naija better

yet countries that are not religious are not only better than us but alot more moral..;

3 Likes

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by vladimiros: 3:28pm On Oct 11, 2015
Secondly I am an athiest because I believe I am in total control of my life..

That my destiny is in my hands and I am the commander of my life.

My life has been much better ever since

2 Likes

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by osile2012: 3:28pm On Oct 11, 2015
vladimiros:

lol what religion practise honestly would make naija better

yet countries that are not religious are not only better than us but alot more moral..;

[size=18pt]I know most religions practiced in Nigeria frown at stealing. That would have been eliminated if our leaders dont steal. Well i dont want to engage in politics here.[/size]

1 Like

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by vladimiros: 3:30pm On Oct 11, 2015
osile2012:

[size=18pt]I know most religions practiced in Nigeria frown at stealing. That would have been eliminated if our leaders dont steal. Well i dont want to engage in politics here.[/size]

yes most religions in Nigeria frown at adultery, pretending, double standards, dirtiness and Illiteracy

this are things we Nigerians do on a daily basis( no politic here)

Religion IS NOT Morality

move on

6 Likes

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by osile2012: 3:31pm On Oct 11, 2015
vladimiros:
Secondly I am an athiest because I believe I am in total control of my life..

That my destiny is in my hands and I am the commander of my life.

My life has been much better ever since

[size=18pt]You should also be in control of the circumstances that affect your life. Like the weather that determines what you wear.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by winner01(m): 3:33pm On Oct 11, 2015
dalaman:

There are many Christians here who spend their time here on nairaland castigating Islam alone. Does their endless attack on Islam beats you? By the way can you show us any atheist that lives his life day and night on God and the bible?
Christians preach the gospel of Christ and His teachings. I can understand the bigotry of some christians, but the atheists bigotry is somewhat amusing.

Check how many sections you've posted in over the past week, that should give you the clue you seek.
Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by vladimiros: 3:34pm On Oct 11, 2015
osile2012:

[size=18pt]You should also be in control of the circumstances that affect your life. Like the weather that determines what you wear.[/size]

the fact you think God controls the weather is proof you have zero idea on astronomy or the earth's movement

5 Likes

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by finofaya: 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2015
osile2012:

[size=18pt]Would u rather they dont wake u up ?[/size]

Of course not. So we're on the same page then? I should tell you about how I think religion might be weighing you down?

2 Likes

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by hahn(m): 3:37pm On Oct 11, 2015
dalaman:

But that wasn't what you wrote. You claimed something but when you have been challenged you decided to change you position and tone. You just lied against the atheist simple. My challenge for you remains, quote any atheist that has ever written anything that comes close to what you wrote about atheist becoming atheist because they don't want to be accountable or because they are frustrated in life. If you want to make your point just go ahead and make your point, there is no need lying against others.

His religion, Christianity, was built on the foundation of a lie. So what do you expect? undecided

5 Likes

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by neocortex: 3:38pm On Oct 11, 2015
osile2012:

You are a class I comedian grin
What evidence ?

3 Likes

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 11, 2015
The topic actually made me Open the thread....

now, I'm disappointed i did...embarassed

1 Like

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by Ranchhoddas: 3:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
winner01:
Menesheh has lost it, ive know that for a while. This thread hit him where he didnt expect. He need to really feel he has "attacked" the thread successfully. Please ignore him.
Great thread op.
You should not encourage the OP simply because you are a christian.There is absolutely nothing great about this thread.It makes no sense.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by vladimiros: 3:44pm On Oct 11, 2015
This thread was opened on the basis of attacking the logic of atheists.

LOL.

2 Likes

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by osile2012: 3:46pm On Oct 11, 2015
vladimiros:

the fact you think God controls the weather is proof you have zero idea on astronomy or the earth's movement

[size=18pt]

Lol i guess your astronomy also told you whats keeps the skies separated from the ground, or what keeps the water separated from land or what happens the the seed that goes into the ground and reproduces or how a single sperm become a human being in 9 months.

Are you in control of how much traffic will be on the road from point a to point be or what happens the next second? What if the building your typing from collapses now on you, are you still in control ? Are you also in control of what happens between the time u sleep and wake up in the morning ? Since your in control, you should be able to predict precisely how long you will live on this earth. Since you have it all worked out. grin grin

How come as a master you did not decide to be born into the family of bill gates ? or choose which country your born into ?Since have always been in control grin grin grin Or someone else was in control till you were born and handed the steering over to u completely?

[/size]

3 Likes

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by vladimiros: 3:48pm On Oct 11, 2015
osile2012:

[size=18pt]

Lol i guess your astronomy also told you whats keeps the skies separated from the ground, or what keeps the water separated from land or what happens the the seed that goes into the ground and reproduces or how a single sperm become a human being in 9 months.

Are you in control of how much traffic will be on the road from point a to point be or what happens the next second? What if the building your typing from collapses now on you, are you still in control ? Are you also in control of what happens between the time u sleep and wake up in the morning ? Since your in control, you should be able to predict precisely how long you will live on this earth. Since you have it all worked out. grin grin

How come as a master you did not decide to be born into the family of bill gates ? or choose which country your born into ?Since have always been in control grin grin grin Or someone else was in control till you were born and handed the steering over to u completely?

[/size]

this is why education has failed in Nigeria..

this guy obviously had a quack teacher and relied on the Bible for Logic and Science

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 11, 2015
Op, the centre point of your post is very apt.

Yesterday, a friend was celebrating a very good news with me, and was gushing about how God always has his back. In response, I told him exactly what you have said, that at best, atheists are those who wish there was no God. I believe so they won't be accountable. In all honesty, I do not believe any human can actually believe there is no God.

The existence and supremacy of God is undeniable.

His word is law, and yes, we will all give account someday.

Atheists, please, wake up and smell the coffee.

2 Likes

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by vladimiros: 3:50pm On Oct 11, 2015
Gaborone:
Op, the centre point of your post is very apt.

Yesterday, a friend was celebrating a very good news with me, and was gushing about how God always has his back. In response, I told exactly what you have said, that at best, atheists are those who wish there was no God. I believe so they won't be accountable. In all honesty, I do not believe any human can actually believe there is no God.

The existence and supremacy of God is undeniable.

His word is law, and yes, we will all give account someday.

Atheists, please, wake up and smell the coffee.

funny how Nigerians keep saying God's word is law, yet we are so close to the Devil in actions...

I guess God's final word starts in your heads and ends there

3 Likes

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by menesheh(m): 3:52pm On Oct 11, 2015
winner01:
[bhas lost it, ive know that for a while. This thread hit him where he didnt expect. He need to really feel he has "attacked" the thread successfully. Please ignore him.
Great thread op. [/b]

You always wanted to fight. Is uncalled for.

The OP wanted to project his view in awkward manner. Then i helped him.

1 Like

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2015
vladimiros:

funny how Nigerians keep saying God's word is law, yet we are so close to the Devil in actions...

I guess God's final word starts in your heads and ends there

Yes His word is law. Even in my moment of sin, when I behave like the devil himself, there's still the knowing that God's word is law, and he is the boss.

And no, you don't know me.

Nice day ahead.
Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by osile2012: 4:01pm On Oct 11, 2015
Ranchhoddas:
You should not encourage the OP simply because you are a christian.There is absolutely nothing great about this thread.It makes no sense.

[size=18pt]If you dont get anything out of this thread, just know that you are now in between the start time and the end time of your life. What you do in between will determine your reward at the end. There is nothing as painful like failing an exam and knowing your failing.

It gets worse when you had an idea that the question your facing might come out and you chose not to prepare. I just hope you are not referred back to this thread when your rewarded at the end.

I trust you will make something out of this thread.

[/size]
Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by vladimiros: 4:02pm On Oct 11, 2015
Gaborone:

Yes His word is law. Even in my moment of sin, when I behave like the devil himself, there's still the knowing that God's word is law, and he is the boss.

And no, you don't know me.

Nice day ahead.

The worst to talk too are those who say his word is law without any form of proof or theory...

you can't even bring up proper science talk with these kind

2 Likes

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by dalaman: 4:02pm On Oct 11, 2015
winner01:
Christians preach the gospel of Christ and His teachings. I can understand the bigotry of some christians, but the atheists bigotry is somewhat amusing.

Check how many sections you've posted in over the past week, that should give you the clue you seek.

What you just wrote down is what truly amazes me. Why you guys chose to accept the obvious mythology of the ancient Jews, Greeks and Romans and make it the central piece of your existence is what I find astonishing and I come here to satisfy my curiosity and challenge your premise because I was also born and indoctrinated with that which your were born and indoctrinated into. You just claim tat you are doing the work of Christ for him, but if there is truly a God that can do all things and wants people to know him, be in a relationship with him and be saved through him, will he ever send incompetent failures like you do do his bidding for him? Look at the muslims they are also claiming the same thing ,they also claim there are doing that which Allah sent them to do, which is to spread his message.

3 Likes

Re: I Wish There Was No GOD. by osile2012: 4:03pm On Oct 11, 2015
vladimiros:

this is why education has failed in Nigeria..

this guy obviously had a quack teacher and relied on the Bible for Logic and Science

[size=18pt]But you didnt answer my questions .[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Experience With Olumba Obu(ooo) / Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine / Watch Video Of Nigerian Pastor Who ‘heals’ Women By Sucking Their Breast In Keny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.