Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable (34329 Views)

Man Forced Into An Arranged Marriage At 24 Shares How He Ends The Marriage / Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife / Father Caught Daughter With Her Boyfriend In Ebonyi Having Sex (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by exlink10(m): 7:17pm On Oct 11, 2015
By Ogochukwu Anioke

The family of a deceased woman has suspended her burial rites until her ‘husband’ who she was cohabiting with performs her wedding rites. The woman Chinyere Mbam was been bitten to death by a snake while returning from the wake-keep of her friend, Oge Ogashi who passed on.

She was taken to a traditional healing home in the area for treatment and thereafter back to the husband’s home where she gave up the ghost when she could not respond to the treatment.

Her uncle, Ishiali Ikwe confirmed her death.

But the deceased’s family have mandated his ‘husband’ Stephen Mbam of Enyi Igwe village Ezzainyimagu community in Izzi local government area of Ebonyi State, to carry out her traditional marriage rites before she is buried. It was gathered that the woman had been co-habiting with Stephen for three years and their relationship produced a child even though he did not fulfill her marriage rites.

According to the Uncle, the family has put the burial on hold until Mbam performs traditional marriage on the deceased. He further said that Mbam’s family, in line with the tradition of the land, have scheduled a date for payment of the bride price to be preceded by the wedding.

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/10/nigerian-man-forced-to-marry-dead-wife.html#sthash.LFVUbRQE.dpuf

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by RemyMartins(m): 7:22pm On Oct 11, 2015
sweetorgasms:
situations and tribes like this makes me think that if NIGERIA should break up from all this biafrans, it will be to the benefit of NIGERIA, bcaus the kind traditional bullshiits that they practice are given NIGERIA BAD NAMES. "PROUDLY NIGER DELTAN.

You would have just passed the thread or even input a Smiley instead of this poo!!! I am a Firstly a Nigerian from the South South Area (Niger Delta) full blooded.

Though i'm not a traditionalist but correct me if I am wrong "the woman cohabited with the man before her death" all her people want is for her brideprice to be paid so she can be given a befitting burial.

Our tradition is who we are. Forget the shiiii we are borrowing from the west.

Crucify me if you wish. IT IS FINISHED

hope4nigeria:
enter grave yard now and be buried along, yeye tradition. sombody died, and you r talking of bride price for befiting burial, why did you put your brain for shoe dey mach am. ode

Do you think that man can claim his child if that rite is not performed?

A people's tradition defines them.

Lemme use a little example. If you go to a drink joint and you are served a bottle of drink and in the process of you using cork screw the bottle of drink slips and shatter, wont you pay for the drink?

If my brain dey my shoe, then keep on wearing your slippers

148 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Fmartin(m): 7:23pm On Oct 11, 2015
When and where is the marriage rites gonna take place? Can't miss d jollof rice nd oda foods.......RIP to d dead wife.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by midehi2(f): 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2015
when bride price is like 'whooping' how will a common man marry.....mtcheeeeeew tradition

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Gabaleve(m): 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2015
Y r pple so barbaric

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by excellencyabia1: 8:30pm On Oct 11, 2015
if I condemn it what my own that people don't value, well for the family to accept it that means that the tradition is well rooted in them.
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by AfricanApple(f): 11:05pm On Oct 11, 2015
talk of about the power of naira
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Bonapart(m): 12:36pm On Oct 12, 2015
They all need Christ

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by chaz007(f): 12:37pm On Oct 12, 2015
They really want to impose the 'widower' title on him.

Oh well, he shld do as demanded, cos I'm sure he pays before eating in "mama put's canteen"

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by lekjons(m): 12:37pm On Oct 12, 2015
sweetorgasms:
situations and tribes like this makes me think that if NIGERIA should break up from all this biafrans, it will be to the benefit of NIGERIA, bcaus the kind traditional bullshiits that they practice are given NIGERIA BAD NAMES. "PROUDLY NIGER DELTAN.
Which one is Niger-Delta which is Biafra i been think say all of them na igbo.. nawa oo

if Nigeria is to break, Her pieces will be over 100+

Back to the topic..

Nigeria and her nonsense traditions.. SMH!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by tolexy007(m): 12:38pm On Oct 12, 2015
grin
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by ZYZZA: 12:38pm On Oct 12, 2015
Gabaleve:
Y r pple so barbaric
is that so
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Icecomrade: 12:38pm On Oct 12, 2015
Na tradition
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Lincoln275(m): 12:39pm On Oct 12, 2015
Na ebonyi tradition be that, dtz y I no dey near ebonyi girl ooo

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 12, 2015
Kokene ya ofuma

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by akins56(m): 12:39pm On Oct 12, 2015
cave people, am not surprised.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Blessed4God(m): 12:40pm On Oct 12, 2015
Na him kill the person

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by musafat(f): 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
:oI'm sawi to say, dahs y I dnt lyk igbos at all . So cruel

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Honestly1: 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
Hey...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by onyepapa(m): 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
What's the meaning of a Nigerian man? Who post this bullihs??

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by agarawu23(m): 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
shocked

Marriage of the dead. Watch out for the movie soon
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by DaPhilosopher(m): 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
Some Traditions though angry
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Raymondville(m): 12:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
Barbaric

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Balkan(m): 12:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
It's not unusual. It happens in many tribes meanwhile, the op is a liar. If you are living with someone's daughter and she dies, would it not be better for you to pay the pay the bride price to make you claim your child?.

It's only right for the man to do the needful. No body is marrying any dead woman here

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Kingbilo(m): 12:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
Well, if it's done for the sake of the child then I can just slightly understand .. But if it just for bride price then they are really bad ppl in my opinion..

Stopping the funeral of their own daughter over someone else sounds totally ridiculous..
If he says he won't do anything nko? Will they leave her in the morgue? undecided
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by onyepapa(m): 12:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
musafat:
:oI'm sawi to say, dahs y I dnt lyk igbos at all . So cruel
foool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
Sharap there, its an Igbo tradition and we do it inmy own part of Igbo land
Lincoln275:
Na ebonyi tradition be that, dtz y I no dey near ebonyi girl ooo

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by jendhorlee(m): 12:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
i tell u....diz is the work of APC

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. / Do You Remember This Lamp? Share Your Experiences Here / Drop Your Date Of Birth, You Might Find A Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.