Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,389 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed (18489 Views)

Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release / ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) / Amina Mohammed Greets Soldiers On Her Way To Chibok Yesterday (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 11, 2015
At least four people were killed and an unspecified number sustained injuries during an attack by suspected Boko Haram insurgents in Balakari village in Chibok local government area of Borno state. A source confirmed the attack to TheCable, saying it happened around 11am on Saturday.
“Four people were killed in the attack and many houses were also destroyed,” he said. “Some rode on motorbikes, while some trekked. They were fully armed and shot into the air, confidently. The military did not respond on time.” Efforts to confirm the development from Victor Isuku, the police public relations officer in the state, did not yield any result, as he did not answer his call and had not responded to the text message sent to his phone at the time this report was filed.

Chibok came under global spotlight in April 2014 when over 200 female students were abducted from Government Secondary School, in the local government. While some of the students managed to escape, the whereabouts of over 150 of them are unknown till date. The promise of former president, Goodluck Jonathan to rescue and reunite the captives with their families, was not fulfilled until he left office more than a year after the incident happened. Though his government did all its possible best, including attempting to negotiate with the group in order to secure the release of the girls. Also, the government of President Muhammadu Buhari has been making efforts to rescue the Chibok schoolgirls, as they are now known.

During his address at the 70th session of the United Nations General Assembly, Buhari said freedom of the girls, remained a priority of his government. “One of our major aims is to rescue the Chibok girls alive and unharmed,” he had said. Boko Haram has continued to attack communities, particularly in the north-east, despite the efforts of security agencies to put them in check

https://www.thecable.ng/boko-haram-returns-chibok-kills-4
Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 11, 2015
Buhari is just a politician!!! and many of us believed his two months promise of clearing bokoharam. nonsense!!!

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by ernesty20(m): 9:13pm On Oct 11, 2015
Buhari is a fat foool

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by benega: 9:14pm On Oct 11, 2015
could it be coming to pass? ??
I told Nigerians the devil u know is 100x better than the jihadist/fundamentalist u also know. but they won't listen, now see
God help us

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by Orjioorji(f): 9:15pm On Oct 11, 2015
Buhari is just killing Christians , you will never go down to grave in peace, let northern leaders give him ultimatum to end boko haram as they give Jonathan.

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:16pm On Oct 11, 2015
it is well with the odour. Quote me anywhere.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by Kenai: 9:16pm On Oct 11, 2015
Please, could anyone be kind as to tell us again what the benefits of Buhari's relocation of the Abuja military outpost to Borno have been so far? Because I remember his declaration brought him so much praise from his overzealous, starry-eyed supporters, calling him "a president who leads from the front".
"Wonderful! For the first time, Nigeria now has a president we can be proud of," so I heard.

Well, the bombs are still going off in Borno. The bombs are still going off in Abuja. The soldiers are still getting overpowered by Boko haram militants in Yobe, and since there's no GEJ to blame for "lack of reliable weapons," our resident snake-charming Kim Burantai Kardashian now blames "cowardice". How sweet.

Our president who had promised to lead from the front, now leads with body language. The simple tasking of even creating a cabinet has become a seasonal movie. Mr. Hit-The-Ground-Running really hit the ground shattering. It took him 4 months to compile a list of known crooks and prehistoric cavemen, selling his repackaged feces to his gullible zombies as change. I dey laugh.

Perhaps what I even find most ironic is the fact that his DSS could storm the Akwa Ibom government house based on "intelligence reports" on the presence of weapons, but couldn't receive "intelligence reports" on the terrorists that were about to bomb Nyanya.

What a hilariously tragic irony, this APC.

194 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:18pm On Oct 11, 2015
it is well with the odour. Quote me anywhere.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 11, 2015
Many houses were on Saturday burnt down while four people were said to have been killed in a fresh attack at Balakari, a village in Chibok local government area of Borno state.

Locals told newsmen that, the attackers rode on motorbike while others came on foot to attack the village in the evening of saturday.
They said, there were no presence of security operatives in the villages, ” only in Chibok town that soldiers are present, no soldier, police or any security operative in the villages.” Madu Peter, a local who spoke on phone told newsmen in Maiduguri.

ccording to the locals, most of the villagers have fled to Chibok town and some have fled towards Askira since the attack and many people are still planning to leave.

Speaking with some of the indigenes of Chibok local government in Maiduguri, they told DAILY POST reporter that, many villages have come under attack of Boko Haram in recent times, leaving a lot of people relocating to the city as Internally Displaced Persons, IDPs.

According to Ma’aji Lawan, there are no Kibaku person in Maiduguri that has no IDPs in his house or has not been supporting one or two families housing IDPs in their homes.

“I have over 10 people who ran away as a result of attacks in our villages, who are now IDPs in my home. I do not think government is ready to end this crises as it is because they are not doing anything as far as I am concerned,” he said.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/11/boko-haram-attacks-balakari-village-in-chibok-kills-four/

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by Liamm(m): 9:21pm On Oct 11, 2015
Buhari should step down. We've had enough angry

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by MaziARINZE01: 9:23pm On Oct 11, 2015
Gej was never as confused as Buhari. He was only too diplomatic for some illitrates and gullible Nigerians to understand his elite style of governance.

Shame to APC and their propaganda based govt. angry

94 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by neocortex: 9:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
Hmmn , Boko haram are getting more powerful by the day.
Unfortunately, only the strong side dictates the tune of a negotiation.
RIP to the dead.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 11, 2015
If Buhari steps down, Yorubas will be sad. Buhari must rule and must Islamise the whole of South West. All Churches in the South West must be converted into mosques. Buhari's wish for Sharia must come to pass and all the Yoruba slaves must convert to Islam.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 11, 2015
Boko haram is running amok in the NE what is really happening? Where is thye useless Buhari and Buratai doing about that? Buhari should try some of those archaic maistetine skills he used in the 80s afterall that was what they told us during the elections!!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by stanech: 9:46pm On Oct 11, 2015
Duara dulll@rd we the north need your body odor now more than ever ooooo

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by zik4ever: 9:48pm On Oct 11, 2015
Something is really amiss! Wither Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by CR77(f): 9:50pm On Oct 11, 2015
Buhari talk to ur boys

14 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by Tonnierichy(m): 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2015
Ok
Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by CR77(f): 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2015
grin grin
stanech:
Duara dulll@rd we the north need your body odor now more than ever ooooo

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by Kelklein(m): 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2015
[size=14pt] Ngozi Bianze wrote [/size]
My Dad graduated from the University in 1976; finished NYSC in 1977; and worked Under the Delta State Ministry of Education for 35 years, then retired in November 2012.

During his service years, I saw him put his very best into the Job, those who knew/know him will testify to this. At a time, his life was almost on the line during the course of his service. He saw the good, bad and the ugly, but he still gave his best. And then in November 2012, he retired. That's almost 3 years ago.

Since November 2012 till this very day, my Dad has not received a penny. He is owed millions in Gratuity and millions in pension arrears.
Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan was then the Governor of Delta State; and Dr. Okowa since May 29th 2015. Non of these has deemed it necessary to pay these retired civil servants what they worked for for decades, non of them care about the welfare of these retirees who put in years of their lives into serving the State.

What if my Mum wasn't working? What if my Dad didn't make adequate plans for a business to fall back on? What if he was the sole bread winner who only depended on his monthly salary?... My brother would have had to drop out of school (as I and my sisters had graduated then but I wouldn't have been able to go for further studies), my Dad might have been dead from lack of enough money for medical care, my Mum would have been depressed and hungry, etc.... Less than a year after my Dad retired, a colleague of his died because he didn't have 200k advance deposit for medical bills, this was a man who was being owed millions. Maybe he would have been alive if he got his money at the right time. His children dropped out of school even before he died, there was no money for tuition of course.

Gratuity and pensions are not some kind of privilege; it's a fundamental right for all retirees.

Now what's the news reaching me? That Okowa is sending his people to US for 6 whole weeks at the expense of the State which includes MY FATHER'S MONEY. This breaks my heart so badly that I want to cry. How do these people sleep at night? Do they have blood running in their veins? What is wrong with humanity? What da freaking hell is wrong with Nigerians and their leaders?

And if tomorrow, either Uduaghan or Okowa drops dead, someone actually expects me and others to sing their praises huh? These so-called leaders who have done nothing but inflict pains on the masses will now become saints as soon as they drop dead right?

How do Nigerians manage to make a saint of every blood sucking demon that drops dead? What is good about Alamieseigha? I was trying so hard to keep mute but I related what this demon might have put Bayelsans through to what my Dad and his mates are going through in the hands of the ones who are supposed to act in their interest.

At least half the accidents/deaths on the Nigerian roads are as a result of bad leadership. Half the deaths in Nigerian hospitals are as a result of bad leadership if traced to the roots. Bad leadership is also the reason why many Nigerian graduates are not marketable. Bad leadership is responsible for millions of deaths in Nigeria. Bad leadership is behind the increased crime rate. Bad leadership is the reason I'm fed up of that country.

Nigerians are suffering, we're natural experts in suffering and smiling that's why the sufferings can easily be underestimated.
Who cares if all of Alamieseigha's organs failed? Who cares about how much pains he was in during his last days? Who cares if he died as a result of a heart failure or Ebola? These kleptos have caused much more pains for the masses. He deserves to be fed to the vultures, or left to rot in the evil forest where ants and rodents can have a marathon party on his remains.

You pray against bad leadership in Nigeria, God now begins to answer your prayers, but not only do you start a bizarre mourning jagajaga, you still want to force sane people like me to join you in the mourning.
# Youmustbemad!
Rest in peace Kor; rest in pieces ni. Arrant nonsense!!!. #Sipspineapplejuice and
# Rollsmyeyes

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by klem93(m): 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2015
Not again jor
Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by Raymondville(m): 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2015
I just confused. I don't really think buari is doing something tangible to curb the activities of boko bois.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by damton(m): 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2015
Boko haram is evil. they'll soon be served, I'm upbeat about that. God is in charge.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by yorke1: 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2015
Buhari is a terrorist.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by Kelklein(m): 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2015
ernesty20:
Buhari is a fat foool

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by kennyman2000(m): 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2015
Not again..
Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by dipopooo(m): 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2015
We(Boko haram) are winning the war ..... PMB

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by otijah(m): 9:52pm On Oct 11, 2015
chukwudi44:
Boko haram is running amok in the NE what is really happening? Where is thye useless Buhari and Buratai doing about that? Buhari should try some of those archaic maistetine skills he used in the 80s afterall that was what they told us during the elections!!
ur food is ready nah, an opportunity which u seek in destroying d career of dullard.
Biko emenere dat man obi ebere cha

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by onyepapa(m): 9:52pm On Oct 11, 2015
funny thing PDP is not even playing politics with this issues unlike some useless
Ediots.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed by sweatlana: 9:53pm On Oct 11, 2015
Wetin chibok do them cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pension: Delta, Edo Spend Over ₦842 Million On Two Convicted Ex-Governors / Group Supports 'Operation Show Your Identity', Faults Falana (Photos) / His Death Is A Huge Loss To Nigeria – Peter Obi Mourns Mr Ibu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.