Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) (33989 Views)

Buhari Has Stayed In London Longer Than Expected - APC / Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release / Amina Mohammed Greets Soldiers On Her Way To Chibok Yesterday (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by Islie: 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2016
Fatsuma Abdullahi lived with her parents in Damaturu, before her husband’s friends kidnapped her, along with others, to remote camps in Gombi and Talala and forced her to marry a Boko Haram ‘scholar’. She opened up to Daily Trust on her experience.

Daily Trust: After you were kidnapped by Boko Haram members, what happened to you next?

Fatsuma Abdullahi: We spent four weeks in Gombi town and proceeded to Markas, a forest in Sambisa near Talala village where we finally settled. Months later, the insurgents insisted I marry one of them, an offer I turned down. I gave in when they threatened to sell me off. That’s how I ended up married to Boko Haram ‘scholar’, Abu Hafsah for three years.

DT: How did you escape?

Fatsuma: The ideology clash between Shekau and Mamman Nur helped my people escape, because the strong members were too obsessed by it. In fact, Shekau killed many scholars who advocated for the Chibok Girls swap deal with government.

Shekau and his followers still hold the belief that all Nigerians are infidels, except those who follow his path. While on the other hand, Mamman Nur and the learned people among the members opined that anybody that observes the five pillars of Islam is a Muslim.

DT: You said Shekau killed many in cold blood...

Fatsuma: Yes. My husband, who is also a scholar, was against the killings, so he supported Mamman Nur. One day, he confided in me his plan to defect. Unfortunately, some militants came in the night and told him that Shekau ordered them to pick him. He woke me up and handed his new phone to me, and advised me to sell it and escape with the children because Shekau is going to kill him.

Weeks later, Shekau sent his fighters to kill all the men in Markas, because they rebelled. It was a major battle, but luckily our men defeated Shekau’s.

After that incident, our men joined Mamman Nur, and we were taken to Gwangon area, very close to Damboa town. The persecution became worse after Albaghdadi announced his support for Mamman Nur. Shekau refused to back down, that Albaghdadi is also an infidel, and threatened that he will not spare even women and children in the forest.

Many of us panicked when he made that statement. I told the other women my intention to escape, but none of them bought the idea. They warned that vigilantes are everywhere in the bush, and they would be cruel if found that I escaped from Boko Haram. But I’d already made up my mind.

About 11:30pm, I backed my child and took the bush path with my four children. We trekked for about four hours, then came across five insurgents. They helped me identify the proper route Buni Yadi. As we spoke, vigilantes sprang out of nowhere and shot one of them dead. I didn’t run, but my son ran with the escaping insurgents. I still can’t find him.

DT: Had you ever been to Sambisa Forest, before the ideology crisis?

Fatsuma: Yes, we went there after the army dislodged us from Buni Yadi. At that time, Markas was not a safe place, so we went to Sambisa. We spent some weeks but Shekau refused to talk to us, so we went back to Markas.

DT: Were you able to see the Chibok girls?

Fatsuma: Yes, but most of them were sold off as slaves. Some were married off, and others imprisoned. One of them lived in a room next to mine. She wanted to escape, but I couldn’t help her then.

DT: Were you there when Shekau demanded for Chibok Girls swap?

Fatsuma: Actually, it was Mamman Nur who tried to bargain for the Boko haram scholars. But Shekau is the one keeping the Chibok Girls. He kicked against the idea, and threatened to kill the girls if it came to that. My husband told me before he was killed that Shekau will not release the Chibok Girls.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/-i-stayed-in-room-next-to-chibok-girl-s/165776.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by orobs93(m): 6:07pm On Oct 08, 2016
Ok
Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by INTROVERT(f): 6:08pm On Oct 08, 2016
LALA
Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by madridguy(m): 6:08pm On Oct 08, 2016
Okay
Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by JBUZZ: 6:10pm On Oct 08, 2016
Wey u there
Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by Immatex(m): 6:12pm On Oct 08, 2016
Translated!
Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 08, 2016
Shekau really has a date with justice. His end will be more terrible than that of other homicidal maniacs the world has seen.

21 Likes

Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by agesron(f): 6:24pm On Oct 08, 2016
This is terrible, I just pray those chibok girls come back one day.

12 Likes

Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by TPAND(f): 6:38pm On Oct 08, 2016
Journalist don add butter and sugar to this girls tale.

Am having none of this.

14 Likes

Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 08, 2016
agesron:
This is terrible, I just pray those chibok girls come back one day.

Lol

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by coolebux(m): 6:50pm On Oct 08, 2016
Immatex:
Translated!

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by aylagos(m): 6:56pm On Oct 08, 2016
God knows that these people lack human brain just imagine that I'd.ot called shekau God will punish them all including those parents that refuse to send their children to western school
Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:06pm On Oct 08, 2016
Tory tory

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by Shiifi(m): 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2016
Umm story for dey gods
Eyin irumole egbo sé oto ní

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by DjAndroid: 9:17pm On Oct 08, 2016
Why we no go believe? We follow you go?

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 08, 2016
shocked
Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by ReubenE(m): 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2016
This chibok saga is getting boring already.
Government should just do something to make it pass...

1 Like

Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2016
it's well............ the devil came late
Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by olaolulazio(m): 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2016
Anybody that wrote this must be a mugu and lai(liar) Mohammed's cousin...

In other news.........

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by seunlayi(m): 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2016
Do they bleep you together?
Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by passyhansome(m): 9:24pm On Oct 08, 2016
Okay
Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2016
Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by Archiq: 9:28pm On Oct 08, 2016
Too bad! We might not see the girls again going by all the tales we are hearing .
Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by NkayTiana(f): 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2016
E consign you!!!! #in_onoriode's(bovi) voice
Oya Kwantinew, nothing like chibok girls, it was only a script that was acted...

Teeeyana says so

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by Hardeysolution(m): 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2016
God will have mercy... .i don't just know What to say than to say God will have mercy but please.. .DO NLT THROW SHADES AT BUHARI BECAUSE LF THESE GIRLS. REMEMBER IT STARTED 2009. PLEASE SAVE BUHARI FROM YOUR CRITICISM TODAY

1 Like

Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by UbiIsaac(m): 9:34pm On Oct 08, 2016
This girls will end up like our great past hero's who where sold out for slavery but ended up coming back educated and ruled Nigeria.
May God be with them all

1 Like

Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by Annalise(f): 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2016
Not wise to show her face.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2016
Archiq:
Too bad! We might not see the girls again going by all the tales we are hearing .
Were the girls seen before ? You cannot see or find a thing you did not keep.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by theSpark(m): 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2016
Did she say she had 4 children? Was captured for 3 years?

Let me goan read again.

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by MrMystrO(m): 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2016
NkayTiana:
E consign you!!!! #in_onoriode's(bovi) voice
Oya Kwantinew, nothing like chibok girls, it was only a script that was acted...

Teeeyana says so

This is the Smartest Nairaland user There is.....And by far the smartest comment i've ever read by anyone on this site! At least there are still a few smart people in this country after all who can see through all the Lies and Bullshit.
Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by caslord(m): 10:11pm On Oct 08, 2016
Okay!
Four kids within the span of three years shocked shocked
Lia production featuring...
Re: ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) by ArabMopol(m): 10:18pm On Oct 08, 2016
And this is unreasonable unreliable Alhji Shakue buhari want to give amnesty BUHARI IS DULLARD

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Kashim Shettima Sitting On The Floor In A Library (Photos) / 'I No Sabi Tinubu. Nah Only Peter Obi I Dey Hear - Fulani Herds Boy (Video) / President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.