Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Delta, Okowa Splashes N750m On Delta Lawmakers’ USA Jamboree Trip - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta, Okowa Splashes N750m On Delta Lawmakers’ USA Jamboree Trip (672 Views)

Rio 2016: How Dalung Embarked On Jamboree With 36 Guests - NigerianTimes / Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership / It Is Unlawful To Send The Fulani Herdsmen Out Of Delta - Okowa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta, Okowa Splashes N750m On Delta Lawmakers’ USA Jamboree Trip by aresa: 3:37am On Oct 12, 2015
-Despite his public outcry of bankruptcy in the State treasury and dwindling funds from oil revenue, Delta State Governor, Mr. Ifeanyi Okowa, has given the exorbitant sum of N750 million to members of the State House of Assembly for a leadership training jamboree in the United State Of America (USA)
We reliably learned that twenty-nine members of the House, selected aides, and a few directors of the Assembly led by the speaker of the House, Mr. Monday Igbuya, will share the N750 million for the leadership training jamboree billed for 12th October 2015 in the USA.
According to one lawmaker, who refused to give in-depth details of the trip, the training will last for more than two weeks.

“I will not tell you the exact figures that was given to us by the Governor for the training for security reasons. But I will only confide in you that the Speaker and the principal officers will get the lion’s share while other fellow members of the house will get flat shares and the least goes to a few of the selected aides and directors,” he said.
The lawmaker continued, “if the figures should be revealed Deltans will stone us and protest, especially in this era of almost zero allocation. If [b]I must tell you the truth my brother, this is the second time I am attending such training as a lawmaker and the training is actually nothing but a kangaroo training and jamboree. If you say you won’t attend, you will be tagged as the black sheep in the house.”
When asked if he was aware that the Governor released the sum of N750 million for the trip, the lawmaker smiled and simply said in pidgin English “Na my mouth dem go hear say dem catch monkey mother and the pikin run.”
Another lawmaker from one of the opposition parties on the jamboree trip, spoke under a condition of anonymity, stated that the lawmakers are not happy with Governor Okowa because of his kind of financial treatment.
“The training for the Delta State lawmakers is an annual event that is carried out shortly after the inauguration of the new Assembly, but if you ask me with the huge sum released so far, which I am not ready to disclose to you, no right thinking and meaningful government will encourage this foreign training during this much talked about dwindling revenue.”[/b]
A staff member at the accounts department of the State House of Assembly, who pleaded anonymity, confided in our correspondent that the initial amount released for the trip was rejected by the lawmakers because it did not include non-principal officers of the house. The initial amount N4million per member, but this was rejected and the Governor had no option than to bloat the money three time

http://urhobotoday.com/?p=19403
Re: Delta, Okowa Splashes N750m On Delta Lawmakers’ USA Jamboree Trip by fromnigeria(m): 3:43am On Oct 12, 2015
As i've believed and canvassed,
An Opposition party willl fare much more better in Delta State.

The worst thing that has happen to Delta since creation is being ruled by the People Demoralised Party. (PDP)
Re: Delta, Okowa Splashes N750m On Delta Lawmakers’ USA Jamboree Trip by aresa: 3:44am On Oct 12, 2015
By Victor Sorokwu
Asaba — Delta State governor, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa, has pledged to extricate the state from what he called its stringent mortgage to financial institutions between June 2015 and September 2018 over a cumulative debt of N637.22 billion.

In his maiden address to the Delta State House of Assembly yesterday on the "State of our Economy", Okowa said "the state is grappling with a revenue bond and indebtedness totalling N98.62bn (principal sum) to commercial banks, while outstanding contractual obligation is N538,601,962,421.50."

http://allafrica.com/stories/201506261141.html

Still have the largest state debt in Nigeria to contend with..

1 Like

Re: Delta, Okowa Splashes N750m On Delta Lawmakers’ USA Jamboree Trip by pyyxxaro: 4:00am On Oct 12, 2015
I think say this one (okowa) with burnt lip go get sense pass the former one when get grinding stone head(Uduaghan)

No road in the whole of Delta State especially Warri

And they are going to Yankee with Tax payers money

If you can't beat them join them

Na to de prepare for the next election o

Make I join them chop the Dollar tongue

2 Likes

Re: Delta, Okowa Splashes N750m On Delta Lawmakers’ USA Jamboree Trip by seunmsg(m): 4:05am On Oct 12, 2015
The ruling elites in Nigeria are not ready for change while majority of the followers are not ready to hold them accountable for their actions. Some people will soon come here to defend the governor due to party/tribal affiliation. PMB really has a lot to do in changing this country.

1 Like

Re: Delta, Okowa Splashes N750m On Delta Lawmakers’ USA Jamboree Trip by aresa: 4:07am On Oct 12, 2015
Funny enough, this governor collected FG bailout money and just borrowed N10 billion on top of that but still crying about the largest debt in Nigeria he inherited with nothing to show for...

And the jamboree lawmakers still go collect millions in estacode payments for the free jamboree at taxpayers expence...
Re: Delta, Okowa Splashes N750m On Delta Lawmakers’ USA Jamboree Trip by Demmocrats(m): 4:12am On Oct 12, 2015
Re: Delta, Okowa Splashes N750m On Delta Lawmakers’ USA Jamboree Trip by signature2012(m): 4:16am On Oct 12, 2015
See how this people are ruining my state,uduaghan and okowa are just birds of same feather.
Spending 750m for a jamboree training in USA for what?Of what impact will the training be to the law makers,una dey go flex una life dey claim training.

Whereas their is a lot of debt on the state to be paid.

All politicians ruining this country no go die better.

1 Like

Re: Delta, Okowa Splashes N750m On Delta Lawmakers’ USA Jamboree Trip by Pavore9: 4:46am On Oct 12, 2015
I am waiting to see the State government deny this report! If this story is true and the anti corruption agencies go after them tomorrow, l hope no one will be screaming witch hunting! How can one have glaring needs in the state and at the same time shell out such amount for jamboree in the U.S, do they need foreign leadership training to know how to provide service to Deltans?
Re: Delta, Okowa Splashes N750m On Delta Lawmakers’ USA Jamboree Trip by Nobody: 5:18am On Oct 12, 2015
With this kain of sauce ,I only smell lies!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Students To Pay #1000 Each / FG To Adopt IPSAS Accrual-based Accounting / How I Lobbied HID To Make Awo Work For Me — Gowon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.